Blue Sky

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here my report of the gig

Well, first of all I have to say that I was not supposed to go to the gig but went to Compiegne only to see some good old mikafriends I haven’t seen for a long time. Actually, the lack of professionalism from the production already scared me before the show and therefore I had previously decided not to go there but, well, once you’re there it’s pretty difficult to resist to the mika temptation so I found a ticket and saw the gig. :teehee:

I arrived in Compiègne around 3.30 pm and, as I walked around the “place du Palais” my first reaction was to be astonished to see barriers were not even in place only a few hours before the doors opening… people were running everywhere on the place and it really looked like nothing would be ready at time….:shocked:

I finally reached the “category one” door where everyone was waiting. Well, I supposed it was the category one place as people were staying there but there were not even the smallest sign saying were people from different categories should wait actually…

Anyway, I was happy to see some of my friends there, to have a little talk with everyone and to meet new people, as it is the case at every Mika gig.

My friends told me a girl from Rocksquare production arranged things to let people with numbers get in first, so I did not really worried about where I was and sat down with some “numbered” friends of mine to have a little talk.

Soundchecks started only smthg like 30min before the doors were supposed to open and we heard “elle me dit” about 6 times (I don’t really like the song, then it was more a nightmare for me to hear this 6 times in a row…:aah:) . People stood up and started being quite angry as the doors should have been opened for a while… The atmosphere there was quite heavy… “numbered” people were becoming being afraid not to be allowed to enter first in the end (with good reasons…) and “non numbered people” were really upset to have to fait so long for the doors to open.

Around 7 pm, its only when a friend of mine told me “it’s too late they’re going to open every doors at the same time” that, I understood how unfair the situation was for people waiting there since crazy o’clock in the morning in hope to reach first row… And I was really ashamed to be at my place as I was before a lot of « numbered » people still waiting behind me….

After being pushed in the barriers, I finally reach the place where they were « checking » tickets… actually, just as I came, a girl from the production (the same who promised the list would be respected and could enter first…) started screaming at people checking tickets that they should check the categories too…. Honestly… smthg like 50 people were already in and they don’t even thought it would be a great idea to check if they were at the right place…insane :boxed: … I had to show myself where the category was written on my ticket to the poor girl who was desperately trying to find it before letting me in….

Anyway, I was finally in…

My friend and I went at the very back of the “1st category”, because we went there with the idea not to go at the front and we thought it would be really unfair for “numbered” people who were still waiting to get in… but we were quite angry to see every “volunteer” already happily waiting at front row… this is just scandalous!!

We actually had a good spot on the stage from the back and we were able to move as we want, which was perfectly fine.

The DJ sets started… it was not that bad but reaaaaaaally long… We heard people from category 2 behind us complaining to the security… apparently the decided to put category 2 and 3 together in the end…. Which means people paid different prices but were at the same place in the end…

There’s been a lot of technical troubles during the first set and the screens (which were actually not screens but only white covers) were absolutely useless because it was still too sunny…or there were not working at all...

That DJ set was really long and I admit my hears were already suffering a lot as that guy came to sing, well more to yell actually, in the end… I totally can get why people started screaming and expressing how unhappy they were with this never ending DJ set… I just felt bad for that poor guy who asked nothing and had to support people disappointment about the general organizing of the gig… poor him…

Finally, Mika come on stage and another gig starts!! The happy one!!

There is definitely nothing I can do! As soon as I hear the very first note of Relax, I can’t help but feeling happy, dancing and singing… I really enjoyed the show even if I was far from the stage and I really liked the costumes, etc… I admit I thought the stage was really heavily decorated when I first saw it, but It was perfectly going with the band’s costumes and Mika in the end.

I lost my mind on Big girl, jumped on Love today and dreamed on happy hending and I have to admit that I even appreciated hearing “Elle me dit”. The live version is really something compared to what I’d heard on radio. I’m still happy it’s not a long song though, it just fits fine in the gig actually.

I liked the two new songs too! Karen is really catchy and the lyrics are wonderful! Deep, a bit rude, but totally mika-signed and I love that. I liked BIOTW too, but I admit not being totally convinced with Ida’s singing… her voice is wonderful of course but there’s something disturbing when she sings with Mika, I can’t tell really what it is but their two voices just don’t really fit together according to me. Maybe I’ll change my mind when I’ll hear it again or when I’ll hear the studio version. Anyway, the song is good. A really nice ballad.

Mika was great, he made a really nice performance. Even though I regret too that he did not play the piano at all and didn’t spoke a lot. He made some jokes and was quite funny (the german flag mocking, the “why I need my lyrics for new songs like a lost school boys”, etc…).

I can’t say a lot about the M&G except that it was as well organized as the rest of the gig… I did not really took part to it but watched Mika and the band coming out from where I was, a bit away from the crowd.

Anyway, I wanted to make a quick report of what I felt on that day and I finally wrote a story about my life :roftl:. My feelings now about that gig are quite contrasted. On the one hand I really hope the holy gig fairy will NEVER let mika’s road cross Rocksquare production again… those guys lies and really suck at organizing events… even a group of fish would have done better than this… but on the other hand the gig was fine and I’m happy to have seen it in the end!

I’ve taken some pics but they’re not that good as I was far from the stage, but here is my recording of “Karen” (the sound is not that good and I had to fight against people’s head popping every now and then, but it’s still fine)

http://youtu.be/0o0zozpdUXk

Edited by Nanou

Sorry for my late report, I come back home yesterday evening, I was very tired and I'm still touched by this gig :blush-anim-cl:

The queue was very long and tiring because of the rain, the organisation... but when the gig started, I forgot that :biggrin2:

The show was amazing, the outfits and the scenery was very beautiful. Mika was magnificent in his white clothes :wub2: and he did a great performance :thumb_yello:

The new songs are so great, I like them and listen them again and again :biggrin2:

I waited Mika after the gig. He was very kind and signed many autographs.

I didn't dare to speak to the others MFCers because I'm shy and my english is bad :teehee:

MIKA-COMPIEGNE9JUILLET20111.jpg

MIKA-COMPIEGNE9JUILLET20113.jpg

MIKA-COMPIEGNE9JUILLET20115.jpg

MIKA-COMPIEGNE9JUILLET20116.jpg

MIKA-COMPIEGNE9JUILLET20112.jpg

Sorry for my late report, I come back home yesterday evening, I was very tired and I'm still touched by this gig :blush-anim-cl:

The queue was very long and tiring because of the rain, the organisation... but when the gig started, I forgot that :biggrin2:

The show was amazing, the outfits and the scenery was very beautiful. Mika was magnificent in his white clothes :wub2: and he did a great performance :thumb_yello:

The new songs are so great, I like them and listen them again and again :biggrin2:

I waited Mika after the gig. He was very kind and signed many autographs.

I didn't dare to speak to the others MFCers because I'm shy and my english is bad :teehee:

MIKA-COMPIEGNE9JUILLET20111.jpg

MIKA-COMPIEGNE9JUILLET20113.jpg

MIKA-COMPIEGNE9JUILLET20115.jpg

MIKA-COMPIEGNE9JUILLET20116.jpg

MIKA-COMPIEGNE9JUILLET20112.jpg

Thanks for your lovely pictures, they're beautiful :huglove:

So much stuff has been said about this concert already that I'm trying to keep my report short.

That was by far the worst queuing experience for me - ever! I arrived at the venue before 10 AM and I got number 121! In the evening we arranged ourselves in a queue by the numbers. I realised it was not going to work when more and more people took a place as near the gates as possible, completely ignoring our queue that was no longer a queue when the gates finally opened! :thumbdown: We had to move forward like a flock that didn't have room to breathe, and yet some people were smoking there which really hurt my eyes. A little French girl with a number in front of me started feeling bad and she had to go away after queuing for hours.

It felt like forever until I finally got to the gate, and then the security had a problem with my collapsible umbrella. Of course the only thing they could say in English was "no use", and I figured that they wanted to take my umbrella away. I asked them if I could leave it somewhere safe, but then I figured that they just didn't want me to open it at the venue, so I told them that I'm not gonna do that, and they finally let me go. Of course there were like 500 people at the venue already instead of 120. :mf_rosetinted: Luckily I was able to find a decent spot next to Allegra on the right side of the stage (from our point of view) within a three-meter radius from the barrier.

The supporting act was some DJ whose versions of other people's songs were quite horrible in my opinion. I sat on the ground with my hands over my ears during the whole 'performance', and I was glad I had space to sit anyway. People smoked a lot in the audience and there was always this disgusting smell present, which I'm sure came from the toilets area... :blink: I quickly recalled why I hate festivals. Luckily the wind brought us some fresh air at times, and I almost forgot the smell while Mika was on.

I haven't had time to read many pages of discussion about this concert, but I got the picture that not many of you liked Mika's stage decorations. Well, being a great fan of the 18th century art I was thrilled to see the 'paintings' and eventually the costumes. :thumb_yello: Imma and Ida where the only other performances besides Mika that I recognised under the huge wigs, but I really liked the costumes and the concert as a whole! You may think that it's not a very original theme to choose, but were flowers, bubbles and animal costumes invented by Mika then? I don't think so. I love it that Mika always makes a performance look like HIM - I still think he does music and visuals for himself rather than for anybody else. We just happen to like the same things - or then not, like many of you have pointed out.

I only had a chance to listen to the recorded version of Elle Me Dit once before I heard the sound check and saw Mika perform it on stage. I wasn't very impressed with the recorded version because there is so much repeat to it, but it still made an enjoyable performance, and the lyrics are fun even though I don't know enough French to sing it along. I loved the two other new songs, too. I don't remember much about the French song, BUT I loved it that the audience kept absolutely silent while Mika performed the English duet with Ida. I loved, loved, loved it! I was able to hear all the lyrics, and while I'm amused by the subject of the song, it IS a very beautiful song I want to hear it again! :wub2:

I would like to know what Mika spoke in French during the concert if anyone is kind enough to translate? I was glad his French wasn't too good though, and he had to speak in English as well. :naughty: The killing scene was very macabre as always, and yet I wasn't shocked by it. I actually knew to expect something like that. I sometimes think I share Mika's twisted sense of humour too well. :blush-anim-cl: I was hoping for Mika to sing some more new songs. The whole concert seemed too, ah... short? But then maybe I'm just spoiled by now. I missed his piano playing, too.

After the concert the security were trying to trick us to go away: "Mika is gone yadda yadda" - like we haven't heard that before. :mf_rosetinted: Mr. Mika took his time - like two hours - but he got out in the end. I could see him inside the house from the open door, and so did the paparazzi who tried to get photos of him at any cost. They were really, really rude and would jump on Mika's fans, yuck! :mad3: I knew I didn't have a chance to meet him, but I was glad that Mika stopped to sign some autographs and that Ingie managed to give him her book that I illustrated. :) I hope that Mika had a chance to read it a little and it was one of the reasons behind his new Twitter post about how great fans he's got! :blush-anim-cl:

I arrived in France on Thursday already and saw everything I wanted to see in Paris, so I'm in no hurry to return to that country after this experience. I dislike huge crowds like that. The gig was great, though, and I'm already planning where to see Mika and MFC'ers next although I have no idea when and where the next album tour starts. :wub2:

Thanks Rose for telling me that I needed an ID with my ticket. I'm glad I sensed I might need it and I brought it with me to the venue. But having it out already when getting in probably gave me a few more much needed seconds to find a good place. So thanks!

Edited by Marianne84

It's lovely to read so many reports now - thanks to all who posted.

I cannot believe how awful the queueing/entry/promoters were. I suspected it was not going to be good judging by the tweets, but how could anyone anticipate this level of nonsense. It really detracts from the enjoyment of the evening for the biggest fans who have been there waiting all day. Mika really needs to get on top of this sort of thing, it's always been dodgy, this sounds like the worst ever.

I cannot believe how awful the queueing/entry/promoters were. I suspected it was not going to be good judging by the tweets, but how could anyone anticipate this level of nonsense. It really detracts from the enjoyment of the evening for the biggest fans who have been there waiting all day. Mika really needs to get on top of this sort of thing, it's always been dodgy, this sounds like the worst ever.

That IS the problem actually! Even though Mika's performance was really nice, I thing most of people would remember Compiègne as the most chaotic gig EVER!

I can't really understand how it is possible to leave the organizing of such an event to a group of total amateurs whitout checking anything before...

and I'm not only speaking of the queuing system, which, we know, is a good one only when it can be done with the help of the staff (or John :naughty:)... but the whole thing was a disaster from the very beginning to the end :boxed:

So here is my report.

I arrived in Compiegne with the last train from Paris on Friday evening, went in my hotel which I think was booked by MFC ´iers alone :teehee:. I was tired and I tried to sleep but then, I think 2.00 am, some people started to get up and went to start the queue. I heard all night the doors clapping and so I wasn´t surprised in the morning at 6.00 am when I got the number 64. I met so many people I met before and I really enjoyed it to see them again and talk with them but I also enjoyed it to meet some people for the first time with who I have contact all the time via MFC. I really love these fact of the queueing days. They told us in the morning that Celine Evano came out and knew about the number systhem and and seemed to be O.K.. In the morning it was raining but not that bad as we experienced it in Amsterdam, Colmar or Arbon. And I think at 1.00 pm rain stopped. So I really loved the queueing until 4.00 pm and I think about this part there are enough reports already here. The only thing I want to say is that I enjoyed it to hear the soundcheck and Cassilda, her sister, daughter and friend, Rose and me sang the " Porquoi tu gache ta vie " part as loud as we could :roftl:. Some people from outside the queue looked at us as we were insane :roftl:.

And now the gig. I ended up fourth row on the left side of the stage and my view wasn´t that bad. Our friends ended up more in the back which wasn´t nice.

Then the supportacts started and I was happy that I had my earplugs with me. I really like electro music but this was too much, too loud and I already felt pain in my back and my feet. The last guy I think it was Michael Calfan brought a singer with him and didn´t stop playing......... then people around me startet to scream after Mika but the guy didn´t stop......... and I think he would still play........

When I saw the stage set my first thought was " Wow he is grown up now, nacked humans everywhere on the paintings. Does he think that there would be kids in the crowd?" But I love the set. And then the four string players came out and Cherisse and Imma and the musicians all in wonderful costumes. Marcus started to play Relax and I was so so excited. Then Mika came on from the left side, not running, not jumping just walking in the middle of the stage and then started to jump. His voice is so good and energetic. I tried to film some songs but I cutted up his head sometimes because I wanted to watch him and not the camera all the time.

I loved how he performanced some songs in a new way and that his dancing is more ........ not only jumping.......

Ida was a nice surprise.

Imma did the new intro for Rain and Marcus started to play Relax again...... Mika ran to Marcus to stop him and Imma had to start the song again. I really love these little mistakes but I think Mika doesn´t share my opinion about it :roftl:. I forgot to say that Mika fell on his butt during Relax :teehee:

When he started Karen we could clearly see how nervous he was but the song was so good. I don´t need to understand the words I only want to concentrate to the mellody and his beautiful clear and powerful voice. I love it! Can´t remember when Dorian came on stage to join them all but I like the fact that Mika´s friends are on stage with him from time to time.

During Happy Ending he showed us the heart sign a lot and it felt really good :wink2:.

When Ida and Mika sang the weather song tears run down my face, it´s more than beautiful espacially when you hear it for the first time and also live. He was so nervous before the song that he forgot his French and I thought he wanted to run off of the stage:teehee:.

After the gig we went to the backstage area where we expected that Mika might come out and we saw a lot of security and they all have a bad behaviour, were very aggressiv. We waited for 1,5 hours but then we were so tired the I felt drunk and there were so many people that we decided to go to the hotel. O.K., we missed him but as I could read it wasn´t a good M&G.

I couldn´t say Goodbye to a lot of people so I want to do it now. I think you know who I mean, I love you all. See you next year again :thumb_yello

[YOUTUBE]wkYGW8FUEoE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]rsCcUeN0scM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Sabine64

I'm just going to post a few pics. I'm disappointed that my pics didn't turn out so well, but I guess that's what happens when you dance and try to take photos at the same time.:teehee:

I won't write a report as I don't think I could express myself very well and everyone else has mostly said how things went. The queuing and organisation was a shambles, the gig fantastic, the Man Himself, beautiful. Once again it was great to meet all the MFCers, new and old.

Has anyone heard if this concert is going to be on DVD?

IMG_0184-1.jpg

IMG_0186-1.jpg

IMG_0195-1.jpg

IMG_0217-1.jpg

I will pop back in now and then to post any decent pics I find:thumb_yello:

It's lovely to read so many reports now - thanks to all who posted.

SO true!

Mika's management should find a way to sort things out...maybe a MFC queue only with badges or something like that? We know each other so things might be easier...don't know... :mf_rosetinted: but I think that we really need to find a good way because this one was hell :boxed:

Edited by Sarina

IMG_0400-1.jpg

IMG_0014-Copy.jpg

Cherisse was beautiful!

IMG_0016-Copy2.jpg

Somebody doesn't look too happy:teehee:

IMG_0249.jpg

I love how Imma always looks like she's totally enjoying herself.

These look like so much fun!! It definitely looks like Imma is enjoying herself the most! Definitely Martin did as well, but maybe that white powder on his face and heavy wig were sort of a burden for him :teehee:

I haven't had time to read many pages of discussion about this concert, but I got the picture that not many of you liked Mika's stage decorations. Well, being a great fan of the 18th century art I was thrilled to see the 'paintings' and eventually the costumes. :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello:

Personally, I'm dying of excitement - I so admire the stage design and costumes! :wub2:

Mika always told about theatre. All these years he was in process of approaching what we see now. Starting with humble umbrellas.

The theatrical side doesn't suppress Mika at all, he looks even brighter and clear. Its "his". It is a magnificent idea about M-A style.

Moreover, look how happy he is!