2011 - MIKA in Compiègne, France - 9 July - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

Blue Sky

Maybe something will be changed in the final producing of the song.:wink2:

I'm sooo sure about that. Think that this is just a test. And it's a duet song, for sure. Can you remember which girls was he mentioning in the last couple of months? I remember that he had dinner with some superstar from Latin America, and he was tweeting how he loves Robin, but I don't think that this is her kind of song. So I'm wondering. girl_wacko.gif

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sooo sure about that. Think that this is just a test. And it's a duet song, for sure. Can you remember which girls was he mentioning in the last couple of months? I remember that he had dinner with some superstar from Latin America, and he was tweeting how he loves Robin, but I don't think that this is her kind of song. So I'm wondering. girl_wacko.gif

Could be Prescilla? I don't know though, could be anyone!

Mika likes to play with our minds:aah::teehee:

That Mexican singer is just someone who is also working with Jodie Marr, they had dinner together.

Mika likes Robyn and / so is working with one of her producers on the new album. That bloke's sound is Swedish electro-pop. More the Yelle type of electronic sound, except that it is catchy.

Could be Prescilla? I don't know though, could be anyone!

Hm, hm... Or Coeur de Pirate. She's from Canada, and he is doing his album there, isn't he...

Mika likes to play with our minds:aah::teehee:

I like riddles. :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the reports Mellody and Mariposa :flowers2:

Is this the jacket he was wearing while promoting WAG a couple of years ago or something new?

http://twitpic.com/5o0dyu

I am not hearing Coldplay at all with Karen. Sounds like 1970s Vegas to me. :blink: I am hoping some better recordings will change my mind. I can't even listen to Blame it on the Weather (gosh that title sounds like a parody) all the way through. :boxed:

This isn't quite a Rain/PDP moment for me because I am going to assume that he's saving the good stuff for later and also because I'm sure these songs sounded better in person than they do on a video.

Thanks for the reports Mellody and Mariposa :flowers2:

Is this the jacket he was wearing while promoting WAG a couple of years ago or something new?

http://twitpic.com/5o0dyu

I am not hearing Coldplay at all with Karen. Sounds like 1970s Vegas to me. :blink: I am hoping some better recordings will change my mind. I can't even listen to Blame it on the Weather (gosh that title sounds like a parody) all the way through. :boxed:

This isn't quite a Rain/PDP moment for me because I am going to assume that he's saving the good stuff for later and also because I'm sure these songs sounded better in person than they do on a video.

I think the same, just missing some buttons :teehee:

picture.php?albumid=379&pictureid=4191

Queueing fiascos aside, it seems to have been a great gig, I'm glad people have enjoyed it!

Thanks for posting reviews and pics and videos :biggrin2:

The new songs:

On a quick first listen I quite like them both and I'm look forward to hearing the recorded versions and more live versions. 'Blame It On the Girls' - oops I mean 'Weather' - well it sounds like it needs more work with the duet thing, and I agree with what some others have said, that I don't think Ida's voice blends well with Mika's at all. (I'm sure Ida is a sweetheart but not a fan of her singing or stage presence I'm afraid). Also, rubbish title, no two ways about that. But, pretty tune especially in the verse. I always think Mika's verse melodies are better than his choruses!

'Karen' also sounds promising, kind of an upbeat dance ballad, which is the thing Mika does best in my opinion.

The costumes and set looked fantastic if a little bit over the top, but it was a special gig in a chateau location so it seems to have been fitting. Wouldn't want to see it on the main tour though.

Thanks again for all the gig feedback and links everyone :biggrin2:.

Queueing fiascos aside, it seems to have been a great gig, I'm glad people have enjoyed it!

Thanks for posting reviews and pics and videos :biggrin2:

The new songs:

On a quick first listen I quite like them both and I'm look forward to hearing the recorded versions and more live versions. 'Blame It On the Girls' - oops I mean 'Weather' - well it sounds like it needs more work with the duet thing, and I agree with what some others have said, that I don't think Ida's voice blends well with Mika's at all. (I'm sure Ida is a sweetheart but not a fan of her singing or stage presence I'm afraid). Also, rubbish title, no two ways about that. But, pretty tune especially in the verse. I always think Mika's verse melodies are better than his choruses!

'Karen' also sounds promising, kind of an upbeat dance ballad, which is the thing Mika does best in my opinion.

The costumes and set looked fantastic if a little bit over the top, but it was a special gig in a chateau location so it seems to have been fitting. Wouldn't want to see it on the main tour though.

Thanks again for all the gig feedback and links everyone :biggrin2:.

Agree on the bolded part.

Ida's voice is good I think she's quite a nice opera singer but I never thought her presence fits well on Mika's show... :dunno:

I can't really hear the Coldplay vibe (Actually I am not a fan of the band :boxed: ) but I sure enjoy both of the songs, but maybe, from what I've heard, "Karen" little bit more.

Looking forward to see more pics! xx

I'm much more towards the Vegas reminder than Coldplay, (which mystifies me) though I'd go more for 80s Eurocrooner than either

As for the pdp and rain connection, while I'm sure the songs sounded better in person, I'm a bit concerned that MFCers at the gig seems to be saying "gig was great" rather than "new songs are great"- when it was the new songs that lured a lot of them into travelling.

Also, Rain, the song he premiered at PDP turned out to be the one he was counting on for christmas sales- but in a completely different form (which I think was a mistake as the dance sound meant people only really heard the chorus lyrics). But then, Rain flopped, so he might be trying a different tactic this time :dunno:

cheers for the video`s & other stuff it mean a lot to me since i wont see mika until his uk tour .... whenever that will be :dunno: as for the new songs - karen ... sounds like one of his other songs cant think what one though ... dont like it anyway :sneaky2: as for the weather one :puking: sound like a song outta beauty & the beast or some other pishy singy disney movie ! if this new album is anything like these other 2 songs well i guess i will be buying some earplugs & just looking at mika for 1 1/2 hrs at his next gig :floor:

cheers for the video`s & other stuff it mean a lot to me since i wont see mika until his uk tour .... whenever that will be :dunno: as for the new songs - karen ... sounds like one of his other songs cant think what one though ... dont like it anyway :sneaky2: as for the weather one :puking: sound like a song outta beauty & the beast or some other pishy singy disney movie ! if this new album is anything like these other 2 songs well i guess i will be buying some earplugs & just looking at mika for 1 1/2 hrs at his next gig :floor:

:naughty: Love your honesty- as always. It's what this forum needs more of, in my opinion! :aah:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

I find you can say whatever you like as long as you put 'in my opinion' after it :teehee: Well almost!

If you think you may be going a bit too far, you can make that "in my humble opinion" - then no-one can be upset :mf_rosetinted:

well "in my opinion" i liked elle me dit thats one french song i can put up with but to release how many is it on the album ?????? i feel really pissed off with mika doing this ! i dont care if he did this cause the french love him more than other countries ... he didnt start his career singing in french why start now :boxed: should we just accept it as one of his changes like his hair , which i do like now :thumb_yello:

If you think you may be going a bit too far, you can make that "in my humble opinion" - then no-one can be upset :mf_rosetinted:

haha when has upsetting someone ever bothered me ..... are you mad :floor:

well "in my opinion" i liked elle me dit thats one french song i can put up with but to release how many is it on the album ?????? i feel really pissed off with mika doing this ! i dont care if he did this cause the french love him more than other countries ... he didnt start his career singing in french why start now :boxed: should we just accept it as one of his changes like his hair , which i do like now :thumb_yello:

They're all going to be bonus songs, though. So if Mika sticks to the plan, for once, then it should be something like 12 English songs + 3-5 French songs. :naughty: