MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

Awwww! I loved it!!!!

Thank you so much, he's always more fun than everybody else!!!!

I can't wait to see the show.

I could tranlsate it, I could do it this evening or not, according to how much mess my pets did at home in the afternoon. I'm about to find it out.

"if the competitors don't want to choose me, it's because they are lazy" LOL

Let me know if you want me to translate a part or all of it :wink2: I can finally be a bit useful again after all these Italian interviews :teehee:

Let me know if you want me to translate a part or all of it :wink2: I can finally be a bit useful again after all these Italian interviews :teehee:

You can do it all!

So I'll just go under my blanket to see some videos :naughty:

Bonne nuit!

Here is the translation of the short interview

How do you consider this season?

I'm quite surprised because I feel at ease. I was a bit scared. I prepared myself watching the show at home and playing the game, I sat on a turning chair and I turned around when I could really feel something. So I tried to prepare myself but nothing can replace the experience, which is an experience I'm currently loving, it's cool.

Being a coach in France, does it make you love our country more?

Of course I love France more doing this but I already loved France because it's been a big part of my life since my childhood, and musically too, French musical culture is a part of my life but now I feel like I have something else in France to have fun with, and I like that a lot. I've got a new home in Paris, in France.

What do you feel in this mythical chair?

Being in this coach chair, this iconic chair is a strange responsibility. In fact, before going on the set I feel a lot of pressure but when I'm really on the set I forget everything, I even forget the audience, everything I see in front of me is the singer and the other coaches next to me and we're like in a living room or a rehearsal room and I don't know... I'm completely into it and I actually often forget that we're doing a TV show.

Why should the contestants go to your team and not to the other coaches' teams?

They should come to me because.. I want to work with talents who want to work tremendously. So that means if they don't come to me they just are lazy.

If you had been a contestant, which song would you have sung?

I would have sung a Bowie song. Because it transports people immediately almost on another planet and I think that's very important. We have 3 minutes to impress but above all to transport people.

A message for the other coaches?

Jenifer, Florent, Garou, I love you, we will go on holidays together, I will cook Lebanese for you, we will go on a road trip, we will write love letters to each other, we will make hot chocolate, but it's me this year. Beware. I'm here to steal Garou's crown. Because he looks too comfortable in his chair.

I've just heard a short interview of Mika about the Voice on the radio. I hope I can find the podcast later on on rtl.fr

It was in the show "RTL Matin Laissez-vous tenter / Le Service Culture & Laurent Bazin" around 9 am.

Here is the translation of the short interview

How do you consider this season?

I'm quite surprised because I feel at ease. I was a bit scared. I prepared myself watching the show at home and playing the game, I sat on a turning chair and I turned around when I could really feel something. So I tried to prepare myself but nothing can replace the experience, which is an experience I'm currently loving, it's cool.

Being a coach in France, does it make you love our country more?

Of course I love France more doing this but I already loved France because it's been a big part of my life since my childhood, and musically too, French musical culture is a part of my life but now I feel like I have something else in France to have fun with, and I like that a lot. I've got a new home in Paris, in France.

What do you feel in this mythical chair?

Being in this coach chair, this iconic chair is a strange responsibility. In fact, before going on the set I feel a lot of pressure but when I'm really on the set I forget everything, I even forget the audience, everything I see in front of me is the singer and the other coaches next to me and we're like in a living room or a rehearsal room and I don't know... I'm completely into it and I actually often forget that we're doing a TV show.

Why should the contestants go to your team and not to the other coaches' teams?

They should come to me because.. I want to work with talents who want to work tremendously. So that means if they don't come to me they just are lazy.

If you had been a contestant, which song would you have sung?

I would have sung a Bowie song. Because it transports people immediately almost on another planet and I think that's very important. We have 3 minutes to impress but above all to transport people.

A message for the other coaches?

Jenifer, Florent, Garou, I love you, we will go on holidays together, I will cook Lebanese for you, we will go on a road trip, we will write love letters to each other, we will make hot chocolate, but it's me this year. Beware. I'm here to steal Garou's crown. Because he looks too comfortable in his chair.

Thank you very much Camille :huglove::huglove:

News dates =)

https://twitter.com/SebRemack/status/413845366455668737

11 and 14 on January:thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello:

You may already have read this but I just came across it. Nothing particulary new, but was thrilled to read them say, 'C'est lui la vedette de la saison'!

It seems that they closed the confirmations for Saturday (21th) earlier today because it's already full :shocked: Some people hadn't even time to confirm and so they are not sure to be able to enter the show on Saturday, even if their demand was first accepted!

Things are getting bad

Thank you very much Camille :huglove::huglove:

:thumb_yello:

It seems that they closed the confirmations for Saturday (21th) earlier today because it's already full :shocked: Some people hadn't even time to confirm and so they are not sure to be able to enter the show on Saturday, even if their demand was first accepted!

Things are getting bad

Thanks a lot Camille for translation!! :wub2: I like what MIKA says, that he would choose a Bowie song to impress coaches :fisch: I'm sorry for those who don't get their chance tomorrow - and happy for those of you who will, have a lot of fun!! :thumb_yello: I hope there will be new chances later for the unlucky - but I'm pretty sure the French MIKA mania has started!!:aah: France loves him - and it won't be less during/after "The Voice" - cause like in Italy, people in general, and not only his fans, will learn more about his great personality - so I think he really will "take over" the crown, as he dare to predict himself ...:naughty:

Love,love

me

http://www.rtl.fr/emission/laissez-vous-tenter/billet/laissez-vous-tenter-du-19-decembre-2013-7768055491

Here it is! Introduction about The Voice (should be broadcast January 11 according to the journalists) at 1:51

Followed by an interview of Mika at 2:21 to 3:35

And a short extract of Elle me dit

Ends at 4:24

Mika's French is perfect :thumb_yello:

Thank you for posting the link.

I have a request that may sound a little bit strange, but if someone could help me with that, I'd be incredibly grateful:

could someone do a transcript of what he says in French? I studied French up to a few years ago and I'd like to see if I can follow what he says while reading the exact words.

Thanks in any case :thumb_yello:

http://www.rtl.fr/emission/laissez-vous-tenter/billet/laissez-vous-tenter-du-19-decembre-2013-7768055491

Here it is! Introduction about The Voice (should be broadcast January 11 according to the journalists) at 1:51

Followed by an interview of Mika at 2:21 to 3:35

And a short extract of Elle me dit

Ends at 4:24

Mika's French is perfect :thumb_yello:

Thank you so much!!! I don't want to miss anything, I love even the tiniest interview.

could someone do a transcript of what he says in French? I studied French up to a few years ago and I'd like to see if I can follow what he says while reading the exact words.

Thanks in any case :thumb_yello:

I'm doing it. I hope it won't bother anyone. I just like english and french and I'm trying to use them as much as I can. :wub2: I hope I'm not overdoing.

C'est vraiment très heureux, c'est un peu comme... je me souviens quand j'étais plus jeune, chaque année il y avait un autre jeux que tout le monde voulait pour Noel, et la première fois qu'on (avait le jeux?) on se dit "Ah! c'est ça l'expérience qu'on a vu sur la télé sur toutes les pubs chaque dimanche matin à partir de 6 heures du matin". Bon, c'est un peu comme ça avec la chaise qui tourne. Et après j'ai réalizé que c'était assez facile pour moi de rester exactement comme je suis, de rester sincère, d'imaginer que j'étais en train de parler avec des musiciens avec qui je travaille dans un studio, sans avoir les caméras, d'oublier les caméras.

Qu'est ce qui a guidé vos choix?

Tout le monde se moque de moi un peu parce que je dis toujours "c'est une question de style" et je dis ça souvent quand je suis en train de choisir quelqu'un ou meme de lui dire non, parce que je ne cherche pas nécessairement la 4x4, qui fait brrrrrrum (LOL), qui va écraser tout. Moi je cherche des choses qui sont un peu plus fragiles, un peu plus étranges, moi je travaille dans la pop alternatif et donc je cherche ça dans les chanteurs. Il y a un chanteur gitane qui est fantastique, qui est très jeune, et en plus il y a des chanteurs qui ont 45 ans, qui ont déjà fait plein de disques dance et qui ont des énormes (tubes?). De temps en temps c'est un peu ça, c'est la pate à modeler, c'est un peu de désir de les mettre un peu déhors de leur comfort pour rendre encore plus réelle ou intéressante une émotion.

Edited by Elwendin

Thanks to everyone who works so hard to translate things for us. I understand about every 10th word of French and Italian I see, so it really helps, and we don't miss a thing. Plus, it is really my skills. I even know some swear words now! :wink2:

I'm doing it. I hope it won't bother anyone. I just like english and french and I'm trying to use them as much as I can. :wub2: I hope I'm not overdoing.

C'est vraiment très heureux, c'est un peu comme... je me souviens quand j'étais plus jeune, chaque année il y avait un autre jeux que tout le monde voulait pour Noel, et la première fois qu'on (avait le jeux?) on se dit "Ah! c'est ça l'expérience qu'on a vu sur la télé sur toutes les pubs chaque dimanche matin à partir de 6 heures du matin". Bon, c'est un peu comme ça avec la chaise qui tourne. Et après j'ai réalizé que c'était assez facile pour moi de rester exactement comme je suis, de rester sincère, d'imaginer que j'étais en train de parler avec des musiciens avec qui je travaille dans un studio, sans avoir les caméras, d'oublier les caméras.

Qu'est ce qui a guidé vos choix?

Tout le monde se moque de moi un peu parce que je dis toujours "c'est une question de style" et je dis ça souvent quand je suis en train de choisir quelqu'un ou meme de lui dire non, parce que je ne cherche pas nécessairement la 4x4, qui fait brrrrrrum (LOL), qui va écraser tout. Moi je cherche des choses qui sont un peu plus fragiles, un peu plus étranges, moi je travaille dans la pop alternatif et donc je cherche ça dans les chanteurs. Il y a un chanteur gitane qui est fantastique, qui est très jeune, et en plus il y a des chanteurs qui ont 45 ans, qui ont déjà fait plein de disques dance et qui ont des énormes (tubes?). De temps en temps c'est un peu ça, c'est la pate à modeler, c'est un peu de désir de les mettre un peu déhors de leur comfort pour rendre encore plus réelle ou intéressante une émotion.

Thank you so much :wub2: