MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

I dont think that this interview has been posted before. It's from MetroNews

http://www.metronews.fr/culture/the-voice-3-mika-je-recherche-un-chanteur-qui-puisse-faire-des-disques/mmlt!EUUuNQLt2LZ6E/

It's a very interesting interview and I especially love this quote: "Je me suis juré que si je faisais de la télé, je devais le faire à ma manière. Je ne vais pas changer"

Always believed that and I also think that it's very obvious to everyone who has followed the Italian adventure that he did everything his way without changing who he is at all.

A big thanks to Adele, Virginie, Melanie and Leila for have organized our meeting and wthout which lots of us wouldn't managed to get in saturday night. You rock, girls !

It was a great day! Guy -Noël felt less alone with the husband of Steph ! By cons , they've had to dowith a Piou chick 1000 heavier and exasperating throughout the filming, poor both of them.

The guy dressed in a in yellow chick Tshirt kept screaming and made them turn totally mad! He also annoyed me but I was further so it was OK for me .

I spent a great evening and Underwater acoustic version with the strings was beautiful. Mika was stressed out but so professional and, as I heard, much more than the other 3 .

The battles were super quality with excellent candidates! Mika and Garou were wise !

Great that he came to say hello on the TV tray and that he stopped the car before leaving with Florent Pagny ! He said he was very happy to see the girls there to share that moments with him!

Here are a few pictures we have taken

366002DSC00312.jpg

927637DSC00983.jpg

548166DSC00984.jpg

521314DSC00986.jpg

A big thanks to Adele, Virginie, Melanie and Leila for have organized our meeting and wthout which lots of us wouldn't managed to get in saturday night. You rock, girls !

It was a great day! Guy -Noël felt less alone with the husband of Steph ! By cons , they've had to dowith a Piou chick 1000 heavier and exasperating throughout the filming, poor both of them.

The guy dressed in a in yellow chick Tshirt kept screaming and made them turn totally mad! He also annoyed me but I was further so it was OK for me .

I spent a great evening and Underwater acoustic version with the strings was beautiful. Mika was stressed out but so professional and, as I heard, much more than the other 3 .

The battles were super quality with excellent candidates! Mika and Garou were wise !

Great that he came to say hello on the TV tray and that he stopped the car before leaving with Florent Pagny ! He said he was very happy to see the girls there to share that moments with him!

Here are a few pictures we have taken

366002DSC00312.jpg

927637DSC00983.jpg

548166DSC00984.jpg

521314DSC00986.jpg

(+ Maggie :wink2:)

Sorry, I don't know why my pictures aren't displayed. Maybe I didn't activate the right option... If someone can help me...

Are you trying to upload then from your computer or are they on a site like Photobucket?

Sorry, I don't know why my pictures aren't displayed. Maybe I didn't activate the right option... If someone can help me...

They needed to be approved. Should be OK now! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for sharing them!

Thanks for the transcriptions and translations everyone!

And thank you Camille for your report :thumb_yello:

I have nothing more to add to this report, it was such a beautiful moment when he sang Underwater, and it was very interesting to listen to his comments (as usual :wink2:).

We wanted to try to do a video with Mika wishing Merry Christmas to his fans, we were ready but then he came out in Florent Pagny's car and everything went so quickly, it was not possible to talk to him about that actually. Sorry everybody :aah:

Thanks for trying :huglove:

It always goes very fast :teehee: that was a really sweet thought that you had :thumb_yello:

I found a new article

http://tvmag.lefigaro.fr/programme-tv/article/television/78978/mika%C2%A0(the-voice)-%C2%A0je-cherche-une-voix-interessante-mais-pas-parfaite%C2%A0.html

Mika 'I'm looking for an interesting voice but not a perfect one'

With millions of albums sold worldwide, Mika is an international star applauded by crowds of fans for his pop songs. By joining the coaches of The Voice, he is going to put his knowledge of music and singing in the service of the candidates while keeping his outspokenness and directness.

He buzzes with his feet and walks on the armrests of the famous red chairs: Mika clearly can't stand still during the first blind auditions! 'The chair is not comfortable at all', he justifies. 'So yes, I do wander around.' Just before the release of his 3rd album, the artist had already been contacted for The Voice. Bad timing. He declined the offer. Now, he accepts first of all because he is free of all tours and finds the show 'credible'.

This evening in November when the TF1 talent show was welcoming the press may not be at the image of the whole of the auditions. Still, it remains an indicator of Mika's personality. During that session, he hesitates, he stamps his feet, he doesn't often push the buzzer and regrets it immediately. 'I'm a bit confused by the fact that I don't see the people'. And strangely, when he pushes the button twice, he adds 'You didn't sing your song well'. What guides him in his choices?

'I'm looking for an interesting voice but not a perfect one. A voice that can get me excited as a songwriter. It's simple, it's instinctive. Not everyone can sing like Whitney Houston... Madonna has a more limited voice but which tells a story in a sublime way. In fact, we don't need other artists, we already have plenty. So how can we do? We need to find a timbre that nobody else has. In my opinion, a folk female singer can be needed. In French, there aren't really any. I would quite like to find a contemporary Françoise Hardy.'

However, by experience, we know that the winners are systematically in the vocal performance. Mika sticks to his guns 'I think we can turn this idea upside down. I told the production I was not looking for an 'ATV' voice, that I would not lead it to the final' He concludes: 'I think that's why they took me'.

New video, focused on Nikos, the host of the show, but you can see Mika a few times. Don't miss him on Garou's back, or half asleep on his chair :teehee:

http://www.wat.tv/video/nikos-nous-fait-decouvrir-6kpjz_2i14n_.html

At 1'05 he speaks about Mika and mimics him and the other coachs:

"Mika il a toujours de grandes théories, vous allez le voir, cette année c'est... "pourquoi tu veux faire cette émission?" "

"Mika has always big theories as you will see, this year it's... "why do you want to do this program?" "

Thank you very much, Camille :thumb_yello:

Seems like one interview of whom different parts are quoted in different articles?

You're welcome :)

Yes I think there was only one press conference and they're all choosing the important parts they want from it. But I also like to see the journalist's point of view (especially when it's so positive :wink2:)

Not everyone can sing like Whitney Houston...

Surely the purpose of soliciting auditions from thousands and thousands of people for a show called The Voice is to find the one who can. The idea of choosing someone with vocal skills as mediocre as Madonna's seems ridiculous to me. Madonna's appeal was not singing in "a sublime way" but her original look, her attitude, her controversial subject matter, her celebrity, her ability to reinvent herself. She could have had any mediocre voice and been equally successful. I have never watched this show but I can almost guarantee that is not what it's about nor should it be.