2009 - MIKA @ Popstarz Live @ The Scala, London 11-09 - REPORTS, PHOTOS, VIDS

Blue Sky

You know what? Seeing Mika at the pub changed something. I mean, I always knew he was an ordinary guy, but this was seeing a pop star in an ordinary setting, not pop star and pop concert. So now, whenever I see him, I don't get all fangurly, really. I mean don't get me wrong, it's LOVELY to see him, but he's just a dude, you know?

Like at the meet and greet after popstarz, I just wandered over and was like "Mika, you okay after Lollipop? You sure?" :roftl: Not as if I was friend, obviously I am not, but I'm more comfortable around him. Does that make sense?

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what? Seeing Mika at the pub changed something. I mean, I always knew he was an ordinary guy, but this was seeing a pop star in an ordinary setting, not pop star and pop concert. So now, whenever I see him, I don't get all fangurly, really. I mean don't get me wrong, it's LOVELY to see him, but he's just a dude, you know?

Like at the meet and greet after popstarz, I just wandered over and was like "Mika, you okay after Lollipop? You sure?" :roftl: Not as if I was friend, obviously I am not, but I'm more comfortable around him. Does that make sense?

Yes Caz it makes perfect sense. Welcome to the post-starstruck world. We've been waiting for you here. :naughty:

Was this Mika's coming out? Well my second post on MFC back in early 2007 I contended that Mika was not in the closet and I still say he never has been. The truth has always been there for anyone to see.

Yes Vix you are right, we don't know the exact nature of Mika's sexuality and we can argue ad nauseam about labels and what they mean and how they can or can't be applied to Mika. But the reality is for 99% of the straight world, when they ask the question "Is Mika gay?" what they are really asking is "Has he ever kissed a boy and liked it?" If anyone still thinks the answer to that question is no when he spent his teenage years in gay clubs, they are in denial.

:thumb_yello: I always like your post! I can't agree more to this one!

Was this Mika's coming out? Well my second post on MFC back in early 2007 I contended that Mika was not in the closet and I still say he never has been. The truth has always been there for anyone to see.

Yes Vix you are right, we don't know the exact nature of Mika's sexuality and we can argue ad nauseam about labels and what they mean and how they can or can't be applied to Mika. But the reality is for 99% of the straight world, when they ask the question "Is Mika gay?" what they are really asking is "Has he ever kissed a boy and liked it?" If anyone still thinks the answer to that question is no when he spent his teenage years in gay clubs, they are in denial.

TOTALLY agree :wink2:

Tomorrow in the Sun:

MIKA ATTACKED BY FANS AND BADLY INJURED

Popstar Mika had a severe accident at his Scala gig Friday night. The singer, whose album is out next Friday, was attacked by enthusiastic fans during his song lollipop. He was picked up and fell down, hitting his head against the barrier. Immediately after this, he was rushed to the hospital due to expected brain damage.

I love your sense of humour!:thumb_yello: Cause, again, I was just behind him on the stage and he did smile throughout the whole thing. From my perspective it looked as he had made it on purpose, trying to dive the crowd. The last thing i'd say would be that it was shocking or disturbing. Looked like great fun for him!:thumb_yello:

Yes! Great quality! You should be his professional photographer! :biggrin2:

My camera's really s**t!:boxed:

You are really kind everyone, but those are just random pics! I'm sure we will see lots of fab pics from this show :thumb_yello: Many people took photos, and there were 4 professional photographers!!! I'm looking forward all those pics!

I mainly filmed. I give you a link later, it takes time, sorry... But it was difficult to film, I was so close to him, and I felt had to keep my camera very low.

IMG_2046.jpg

OMG and I laughed at Danika when she said that, at one point, she had Mika's pubes in her face :lmfao: Now I see what she meant :roftl:

Plus: is that a hickey?

Thanks for the reports everyone. Before I even read anything and just from watching Racha and Jazzy's videos I had the same thoughts as Sara and Racha - that Mika was really in his element and even though this was an incredible intimate gig I would have preferred to have been on the balcony for this one and let the Popstarz regulars have their moment without my Mikafreak intrusion :naughty:

I think I would have really enjoyed watching from the sidelines and thanks to Jazzy and Racha (and anyone else who will be uploading - will watch later) for the videos so I can do so from home. :wub2:

Totally agree with your post in general, and the bolded part is what I was trying to express earlier. I actually feel quite regretful about the fact that we 'invaded' the front like that.

You know Caz, I think that this week has totally transformed you :naughty:. It was lovely to spend all this time with you, I had a lot of fun.

Tomorrow in the Sun:

MIKA ATTACKED BY FANS AND BADLY INJURED

Popstar Mika had a severe accident at his Scala gig Friday night. The singer, whose album is out next Friday, was attacked by enthusiastic fans during his song lollipop. He was picked up and fell down, hitting his head against the barrier. Immediately after this, he was rushed to the hospital due to expected brain damage.

God!! Don't do this to me! You gave me a heart attack. I left this thread for a couple of hours and came back to find this. Then I looked at who posted it, and it all hit me.:sneaky2: It's just a joke!!

one thing I did notice was that when Mika jumped up and down his boobs jiggled :teehee:

Oh Caz. TMI:roftl: I nearly said that after your report about the guy who's crotch was rubbing up against you (except that that had me :lmfao:), but this is just .... so much worse:naughty:

maybe the "something good" was also the glitter make up... wonder how long it took until they had it ready. and until he had scratched it out of his face again after the gig. :naughty: must've been quite sticky when it stayed on in spite of all the sweat. :bleh:

I keep looking at those sequins and glue and wondering "Surely that is itchy? Doesn't that bother him?"

guess he won't be open about having a relationship, well certainly not in a way that it's in the press - he said that in an interview, that if he had a relationship, he'd protect it, there wouldn't be things like homestories. :wink2: but still, for those who can read them, there are signs as well. :wink2:

I agree with that. I don't think he'd ever answer questions about his lover (if he had one) or their relationship but all I'm saying is that he can now, not hide, and if he has a relationship and, say, attends a party; he can take his lover with him and not pretend he's single. He has far more chance of a relationship working, if he can be honest about it.

Hi, I have read the reports that are in so far but not the whole thread.

Here is mine:

I had a GREAT day. I had every intention of really enjoying the night. Although alcohol is by no means an essential in having a good time, last week in Blackpool, I was driving and unable to drink. Therefore, this time I was determined to just have a really good night. This being a nightclub gig, I felt it the perfect opportunity to do so. I am very definatetly of the opinion, expressed by Sariflor, that this gig was not for 'us'. It was for the regular, mostly gay, regular audience of Popstarzs. Therefore, in my opinion it was our place to be respectful of that and to a certain extent take a backseat. I think the fact that Mika pulled the guys up on stage at the end totally confirms this. However, this gig was advertised openly and I don't think that we were made to feel out of place at all. I certainly only had positive experiences. I loved the company and enjoyed the whole vibe of the place. Bab, Jemma, Sarah lou, Jules and Kevin and I were up on a balcony at the side. It was a great position. We had a really good view. The gig itself was incredible. WAG was fantastic. The first time he did it live, at itunes, the whole audience didn't know the words so there was only limited crowd participation. At Blackpool it was good but it was the acoustic version. So this was the first time I had heard it with the whole room screaming the words back. It is the perfect song for that to happen! As others have said, Happy Ending was just to die for.

Mika did indeed seem absolutly in his element. It is lovely to see him enjoying himself so much.

As Kevin says...from our view up on the balcony we maybe saw the 'Lollipop, Mika lifting' incident from a different perspective from those at stage level.

I was in Oslo in Nov 07 when Mika stage dived. Believe me, that was far scarier. I take the point that that was his choice rather than this which was thrust upon him. However, he didn't seem to be bothered by this (IMO).

All in all it was a fantastic night. I felt very priviledged to be there.

Edited by kath

Sara, I forgot to say...yes, I agree very much about it (the venue) being very similar to NY.

Yeah that was my first thought when I saw the photos and couldn't believe when I heard there was a barrier! It looks so intimate and the barrier must have been really close to the stage.

I don't know why they put up barriers in situations like this. If Mika is going to pull people on stage and potentially go crowd surfing seems to me it's just causing more safety issues than preventing them.

Ah, cool. Oh, and thanks so much again for coming out in your nightie this morning to give us Jennie's cardigan :roftl:

What a prat I felt:naughty: I do not usually wear that sort of nightmare but for these trips it is the smallest thing to go in my case:roftl:

Yeah that was my first thought when I saw the photos and couldn't believe when I heard there was a barrier! It looks so intimate and the barrier must have been really close to the stage.

I don't know why they put up barriers in situations like this. If Mika is going to pull people on stage and potentially go crowd surfing seems to me it's just causing more safety issues than preventing them.

Yes, I didn't even realise at first that there was a barrier there....it wasn't easy to see it from the balcony.

Just realised that I wrote nightmare not nightwear but I think I will leave it at that!:naughty:

:lmfao: It wasn't a nightmare, you looked fiiine!

Or actually, maybe the whole "getting up after a full 10 minutes sleep sharing a couch with Danika and Jennie whilst listening to Bab and Jemma do a snore-off" could actually be classed as nightmare :blink::roftl:

The barrier was so tucked onto the stage that the paps had to sort of sit on it in order to be able to fit in there-it was just like extending the stage upwards, it didn't add any distance.

But if they hadn't had one, and considering how excited (and drunk) the crowd was, Mika would have found that the stage invasion started spontaneously during the first song :aah:.

Thanks! Just wanted to explain, didn't want be rude yesterday! It was a situation UK fans met and talked very fast, so I thought I could talk to people later, but there wasn't suitable time to talk to everyone. I hope next time!

:offtopic:

Aw Tiibet!:huglove:

I know!:mf_rosetinted:

I'm watching movies and TV series without subtexts and reading heavy books in English, but to follow a conversation with this talkative girls with all their different accents… it takes its tool!:naughty:

But you can always ask for explanations, I do, and they are always nice :wub2: and take their time, but it makes you feel like a child trying to keep up with grownups conversation!:roftl:

Sorry to go off topic but this is an important topic for me…and Tiibet!:wink2: