Ivor Novello Awards (Mika nominated!)

Pam Travers

mika has been nominated for the Best Selling British Song prize for grace kelly along with amy winehouse and Beyonce Knowles.

http://www.theivors.org/awards.html

BEST SELLING BRITISH SONG

Song: Beautiful Liar

Writer/s: Ian Dench / Mikkel Eriksen / Amanda Ghost / Tor Erik Hermansen / Beyonce Knowles

Performed By: Beyonce & Shakira

UK Publisher/s: Sony/ATV Music Publishing / Bucks Music Group / EMI Music Publishing

Song: Grace Kelly

Writer/s: Jodi Marr / John Merchant / Mika / Dan Warner

Performed By: Mika

UK Publisher/s: Sony/ATV Music Publishing / Rondor Music International / Universal Music Publishing

Song: Rehab

Writer/s: Amy Winehouse

Performed By: Amy Winehouse

UK Publisher/s: EMI Music Publishing

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mika has been nominated for the Best Selling British Song prize for grace kelly along with amy winehouse and Beyonce Knowles.

Writer/s: Ian Dench / Mikkel Eriksen / Amanda Ghost / Tor Erik Hermansen / Beyonce Knowles

UK Publisher/s: Sony/ATV Music Publishing / Bucks Music Group / EMI Music Publishing

UK Publisher/s: Sony/ATV Music Publishing / Rondor Music International / Universal Music Publishing

WOOO go MIKA!!!! Though I think it might go to Amy as that song has won loads!! But fantastic to be nominated!!!!

XXXX

Amy wrote that song last year by herself,so ..:soccer_h4h:

Although..quality is better than quantity

yeah but those nominations are just about who sold the most amount of toothpaste, not about who wrote the song by him/herself, note that in rainbows is nominated in the best album category not in the best sellings (of course), i dont know but it must be frustrating to be all the time nominated in the best sellings...

yes and even mika agrees:

“I always say pop has been interesting for a very long time. In the UK, the pop scene is the most interesting in the world, but it has been misrepresented because most of the good music people are downloading for free. Mainstream Top 40 radio is not representing what people are really into. I get more kicks looking at what is selling on the Internet charts rather than looking at radio play charts. I don’t want to know what is selling the most amount of toothpaste. I want to know what people are downloading at 2 in the morning because they are bored.”

mika doesnt want to know about his own self,lol

The nominees for the 53rd Ivor Novello Awards have been announced.

Artists nominated to receive the coveted awards include Amy Winehouse and Ben's Brother for Best Song Musically and Lyrically, Kate Nash, Klaxons and Cherry Ghost for Best Contemporary Song, and Kaiser Chiefs, Take That and Just Jack for the PRS Most Performed Work award.

Beyonce & Shakira's Beautiful Liar has been nominated for the Best Selling British Song award, alongside Mika's Grace Kelly and Amy Winehouse's Rehab.

Album Award nominees include Radiohead's In Rainbows, Stephen Fretwell's Man On The Roof and

Klaxons

Cherry Ghost's Thirst For Romance.

Other awards which will be announced on the day are the Outstanding Song Collection award, the Ivors Inspiration Award, International Achievement, Songwriter(s) Of The Year, Lifetime Achievement and The Special International Award.

The 2008 Ivor Novello Awards will be presented on Thursday 22nd May at a ceremony in London. For more details, see http://www.theivors.org.

I was reading bout the awards, but they didn't mention Mika, but I had a feeling he was going to be nominated.

And will probably be hanging out the place where they're holding the awards :fisch:

I was reading bout the awards, but they didn't mention Mika, but I had a feeling he was going to be nominated.

And will probably be hanging out the place where they're holding the awards :fisch:

Mika has been nominated for one category, best selling single I think.

Great news! Thanks for posting :thumb_yello:

Can someone explain how Mika is listed THIRD in the writer's list for his OWN SONG??? Jodi Marr is listed first...what is THAT about?:blink:

The 5 writers in the Beyonce song are listed in alphabetical order, so that's probably the case for all of them. Marr/Merchant/Mika.

That's great! Just to be nominated is excellent.

Can't they give it to Mika...Amy has won far too much this year, give her a break:wink2:

Agreed, and she only wins because she's been getting stoned and drunk all year, while Mika has been working his butt off. I do feel sorry for Amy, but what message are they sending, when she keeps winning awards for forgetting her words and staggering around the stage?

Can't they, for once, give it to the best live performer there has ever been... ? That is MIKA?