New Member Support By Country

FREDDIESDOUBLE

OK...I have been giving this matter some thought! And I keep tying myself in knots! If I say that I will be a rep for Scotland if you want me to be, that sounds as if I don't really care...and that is not what I mean at all! What I mean is......I am perfectly willing to talk to anyone from Scotland...I would love to....but if anyone else (Like Wendi) would like to do it that is perfecly fine by me...or we could share it. Wendi is probably on a bit more than me but I am on most days at some point...well, ok then...everyday unless I am on holiday!

As for crudentials....all I can say is that a lot of people pm me if they have any worries......not sure what that says about me really...perhaps you could just set me up as an agaony aunt instead...for any country!

No, seriously, I am perfectly happy to leave it up to you oh dear wise Rainbow!

of course i'd vote for you kath, if i could! :wub2:

....but if wendi joins the project...i think you'd be the best couple of reps! :thumb_yello:

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

of course i'd vote for you kath, if i could! :wub2:

....but if wendi joins the project...i think you'd be the best couple of reps! :thumb_yello:

me would for sure vote for the fab kath and wendi too!

Wendi was so awesome to PM all of us with the Offical Fan Club signature

notice!

suzanne

3. everyone loves me?....

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! That is the best reason I ever heard!! You know we do love you Robertina!!:wub2: You forgot to write another good reason is that Mika will be looking for you!! ( Post the Where's Robertina video...Love it!!)

RB SKY I am wondering if it is such a good idea to have everyone post their "resumes" in such a public way. Maybe they should do it by PM. In my mind it is just a bit personal to be on searchable internet pages, too much identity-revealing info, when not everyone who reads the forums will be signed up members of MFC....that's the mother in me, wanting to protect everyone!!

And my next suggestion is that if there is more than one person for an area, it should probably be the people from that area who decide who would be best. There could be some votes taken (via PM) after a list of candidates has been decided.

Next idea is that everyone should have a trial appointment. One month? Three months (although so much happens so fast on this forum, I think we would know after one month...) That way the person who offered/was elected does not have to be in the job forever if they find it unmanageable or their life takes a sudden turn and they no longer want to be on MFC (unimagineable!!)

If it was just about welcoming people to MFC and directing them to the appropriate language/country thread, then no big deal, but when Freddiesdouble expanded the role the other day to something more like a proper Fan Club rep for each country, I think lots of fans will think they will get special Mika privileges if they do this job, they might even think that it will entitle them to meet Mika. They might volunteer when in fact language/experience/access to the computer etc is not quite up to the job.

Or it could be a rotating position in countries where there are several interested people...one month on, two months off...or something like that....

Just my thoughts...:wink2:

Thanks for all your ideas and thoughts Blue Sky.

Some country threads have put forward names of people they think will best do the job.

I will be keeping an eye on all the world reps and making sure everyone is a-okay. If anyone ever feels they can't continue doing it they can contact me, and a new rep will be chosen. No one would ever be stuck doing something they didn't want to do.

It should be made clear that this role won't lead to special privileges in meeting Mika etc.

This is more a fan-based role... fans helping other fans.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! That is the best reason I ever heard!! You know we do love you Robertina!!:wub2: You forgot to write another good reason is that Mika will be looking for you!! ( Post the Where's Robertina video...Love it!!)

RB SKY I am wondering if it is such a good idea to have everyone post their "resumes" in such a public way. Maybe they should do it by PM. In my mind it is just a bit personal to be on searchable internet pages, too much identity-revealing info, when not everyone who reads the forums will be signed up members of MFC....that's the mother in me, wanting to protect everyone!!

And my next suggestion is that if there is more than one person for an area, it should probably be the people from that area who decide who would be best. There could be some votes taken (via PM) after a list of candidates has been decided.

Next idea is that everyone should have a trial appointment. One month? Three months (although so much happens so fast on this forum, I think we would know after one month...) That way the person who offered/was elected does not have to be in the job forever if they find it unmanageable or their life takes a sudden turn and they no longer want to be on MFC (unimagineable!!)

If it was just about welcoming people to MFC and directing them to the appropriate language/country thread, then no big deal, but when Freddiesdouble expanded the role the other day to something more like a proper Fan Club rep for each country, I think lots of fans will think they will get special Mika privileges if they do this job, they might even think that it will entitle them to meet Mika. They might volunteer when in fact language/experience/access to the computer etc is not quite up to the job.

Or it could be a rotating position in countries where there are several interested people...one month on, two months off...or something like that....

oh my goodness

nothing private really on my resume thingy...but I see what you mean.

The rotating thing might be a good idea,,like a term. and as for the private info, i can delete my post and re-do it and give it to Rainbow.

What do you think??

Thanks for all your ideas and thoughts Blue Sky.

Some country threads have put forward names of people they think will best do the job.

I will be keeping an eye on all the world reps and making sure everyone is a-okay. If anyone ever feels they can't continue doing it they can contact me, and a new rep will be chosen. No one would ever be stuck doing something they didn't want to do.

It should be made clear that this role won't lead to special privileges in meeting Mika etc.

This is more a fan-based role... fans helping other fans.

good point....Mentoring in otherwords.

They're not resumes or anything like that. I just wanted to get a feel for peoples thoughts. By no means is this a competition between people. It's about finding someone who wants to be a part of helping other fans.

thanks! :) smiles!!!!! wow this is the most active fan club , activity group i have been in my life. I am blown away by the amount of dedication and care that goes on here. Wanted to say that about everyone!

I, SUZY, can represent Canada because:

1. I'm one of the biggest MIKA fans in Toronto!

2. I've been a member of MFC since JANUARY so I know how things work around here and have already helped numerous newbies find their way and I continue to do that whenever possible (not just Canadians either).

see attached link: http://www.freewebs.com/mfcawards/mosthelpfulmember.htm

3. I have gone to MIKA's first concert ever in Canada, have travelled to Chicago and I'm going to LONDON! I've managed to arrange meeting some other MFCers (Christine, Robertina from Italy, carrinevie from UK next week)- HAHA -This is just to prove I am one of the biggest MIKA fans . :roftl:

4. I am quite resourceful in finding every piece of information about MIKA and I ALWAYS share. Although MIKA cancelled I started the Canadian Idol gig thread and posted tons of info about MIKA's plans to Osheaga. Magazine and news clippings shared, etc...

5. I've discovered Mika's secret drink (Ribena) and took his bottle from the stage! I've discovered his so-called custom made boxers are really from the GAP. Okay, so maybe this last point doesn't qualify me but did I say I was one of the spazziest, and craziest Mika fans in Toronto? Look at me all giddy and excited to meet him for the 2nd time!:

With all that said, I still think it would help to have elanorelle for Western Canada, and Cassiopée for the French speaking Canadians. :thumb_yello:

I, SUZY, can represent Canada because:

1. I'm one of the biggest MIKA fans in Toronto!

2. I've been a member of MFC since JANUARY so I know how things work around here and have already helped numerous newbies find their way and I continue to do that whenever possible (not just Canadians either).

see attached link: http://www.freewebs.com/mfcawards/mosthelpfulmember.htm

3. I have gone to MIKA's first concert ever in Canada, have travelled to Chicago and I'm going to LONDON! I've managed to arrange meeting some other MFCers (Christine, Robertina from Italy, carrinevie from UK next week)- HAHA -This is just to prove I am one of the biggest MIKA fans . :roftl:

4. I am quite resourceful in finding every piece of information about MIKA and I ALWAYS share. Although MIKA cancelled I started the Canadian Idol gig thread and posted tons of info about MIKA's plans to Osheaga. Magazine and news clippings shared, etc...

5. I've discovered Mika's secret drink (Ribena) and took his bottle from the stage! I've discovered his so-called custom made boxers are really from the GAP. Okay, so maybe this last point doesn't qualify me but did I say I was one of the spazziest, and craziest Mika fans in Toronto? Look at me all giddy and excited to meet him for the 2nd time!:

With all that said, I still think it would help to have elanorelle for Western Canada, and Cassiopée for the French speaking Canadians. :thumb_yello:

Thanks Suzy :blush-anim-cl: I definitely vote for you and elanorelle :thumb_yello:

For my part:

1- I'm the second biggest fan in Montreal, the first one would be sunshine931 and she's now a good friend of mine! She doesn't have much time to be logged on but I'm sure she can help me! She has a blog on Radio Energie (one of the most popular radio in Montreal) and she talked to some of the presenters there to keep them updated on Mika!

2- I'm almost always logged on and I think I'm quite fluent in english even if french is my first language. I know MFC quite well (thread, FAQ, already posted thread, etc)

3- I get so excited when a new member come from my region. I directed them to the canadian thread or gig thread related. And I want to meet them all!

4- I've contribute to organized a MFC meet up for Mika's gig in St-Jean last august. I've ordered 24 flashing hearts for everyone. We would have be smth like 20 MFCers from Calgary, Toronto, Niagara Falls, even Vermont(US), Ottawa region and Montreal of course if the principal interested would have shown up...

5- Sunshine and I accommodated Becks from Calgary that famous weekend and we had a terrific time visiting Montreal! I'm ready to do it again with other MFCers anytime!

6- I'm planning to go at as much Mika gig as I can when he'll come to north america again and I'm willing to organize fans meet up again!

I'm sure the 3 of us (elanorelle, Suzy and I) would do a fantastic job as members supporters for Canada!

I'll explain why:mf_rosetinted:

1. I'm cool ahum...yeah well whatever

2. I love to help people out and since I spent half of my life here, I know almost all secrets of the MFC so I can help all the cute little newbies here and be their map in the mad world that is called the Mika Fan Club.

3. I love to organise things (Except my desk, but that is another story).

4. I'm actually very nice and sweet and people can always PM me with problems. Doesn't that make me a good rep?:naughty:

thanks so much BS....:blush-anim-cl:

actually i'm desperately trying to hide that special moment....and not show off too much.

it was a sunny moment followed by shadows...

and i do not want to be remembered for that! :wink2: ...but for how lovely i am....:roftl:

For those of you that have put your name down (in particular, the larger countries with several expressions of interest), could you post here again and explain a little bit about why you would like to be the representative for your country, and why you think you would be good in this role.

We're only a small country.. but still..

I put my name down because I'd like to get involved more with this website. I spend a whole lot of time here and feel I should give back you know?

Give back by helping out a little.

So yeah, that's my reason behind putting my name down. As to why I think I'd do a good job.. well I have lots of experience running forums myself, so I know the ropes and think I can be helpful to newbies, taking them by the hand and showing them around. :biggrin2:

5. I've discovered Mika's secret drink (Ribena) and took his bottle from the stage! I've discovered his so-called custom made boxers are really from the GAP. Okay, so maybe this last point doesn't qualify me but did I say I was one of the spazziest, and craziest Mika fans in Toronto? Look at me all giddy and excited to meet him for the 2nd time! :thumb_yello:

Spazziest??? :lmfao:

I love you Suzy. I really do.

ok, so why do i think i could be a good representative for the german speaking area?

1) i've been a mfc member since april and i'm on here almost daily for several hours, so i know this place and all the mika facts really well. and i've probably watched/read/listened to almost every mika interview that has ever been posted on here. :naughty: and if there's anything i don't know/have forgotten, i'm very good at researching things.

2) i love helping people and answering any mfc or mika related questions.

3) i'm reliable

4) i love travelling to mika concerts, to see mika and to meet other fans, which also means i'll be at every german concert on the next tour, except for dusseldorf (and that's only cause i already had other plans for that day when the concert was announced... if it had been cologne on the 31st, i'd have gone. :naughty: )

5) as you may have noticed in my signature, i've built a german mika fan club website, which has the same domain as the mfc, just with .de instead of .com. the reason why i started it, was to provide all the important mika infos and a forum to those german fans who don't speak english well enough to understand everything on here. and in fact, a lot of the (currently 68) members on my forum are teenage girls, who are happy to get the news translated, and often they ask me questions about the mfc, like what username does mika have on here and stuff like that. :biggrin2: to make this clear, the reason why i want to be a mfc representative is NOT to promote my own website! :wink2: on the contrary, i could use my website to promote the mfc even more (so far, i've only included a mfc banner in the links section and the info that this is the best mika forum and mika sometimes reads it :wink2:)... and of course, with my website i have proven that i'm good at organizing things, i even might be able to help with some technical problems cause i know how servers and forums work, and i love spending time on helping fans and spreading the mika love. i see my website as an extension of the mfc, not as a competitor. mfc franchising, lol! :roftl: but if you still have any concerns regarding my website, of course we can discuss this via pm. :wink2:

6) well, and as i said before, i'd love to share the job with petra, so there's always someone there if one is on holiday.