2007 - Mika @ The Dome, Doncaster - 24 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

There would probably be a seated area and a standing area in arenas..

I must admit though as soon as she'd said it she was like 'oh it's not official'... and i was thinking too late love, cat out of the bag!!! i'm not suprised though, it'd give him a bigger stage for the show, she said donny dome was too little for him now really, they'd had hell getting the staging up apparently :s

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit though as soon as she'd said it she was like 'oh it's not official'... and i was thinking too late love, cat out of the bag!!! i'm not suprised though, it'd give him a bigger stage for the show, she said donny dome was too little for him now really, they'd had hell getting the staging up apparently :s

Yes if I get the chance I'm going to ask him if he's using the same set in N. America because most of the venues will be smaller I think. He might not want to haul all that stuff overseas anyway.

Kinda sad that he's moving to stadium gigs so soon, but I'm happy for him. His rise has been positively meteoric. I can't believe it was only a matter of months ago he was playing to a few hundred people at a time.

Yes if I get the chance I'm going to ask him if he's using the same set in N. America because most of the venues will be smaller I think. He might not want to haul all that stuff overseas anyway.

Kinda sad that he's moving to stadium gigs so soon, but I'm happy for him. His rise has been positively meteoric. I can't believe it was only a matter of months ago he was playing to a few hundred people at a time.

the girl we spoke to last night said a year ago he was playing to 6 people:blink: apparently..... those 6 people go to the gigs still!!!!! yay for them!!!

the girl we spoke to last night said a year ago he was playing to 6 people:blink: apparently..... those 6 people go to the gigs still!!!!! yay for them!!!

That's cool. I always wonder who those early people were because it seems like no one on MFC saw him before late January and even those people are few and far between.

I'm actually surprised by that because I first heard Mika in November and if I was in the UK and found out he was playing I would have been there. I didn't see him until March because that was the first (and only) time he came to Canada.

I guess it was just a matter of things happening so quickly. One day no one had ever heard of him and the next Grace Kelly was on high rotation on the radio.

It was a similar scenario in Canada. I had no problem getting a ticket awhile after they went on sale and when he arrived 3 weeks later his album was #2 in the country and scalpers were selling tickets for 7 times their face value. There were dozens of ads on Craigslist like "desperate to see Mika" and I thought...you should have been desperate 2 weeks ago and you could have picked them up at Ticketmaster!

Here are my videos (not many unfortunately), and the picture quality is not great as I said earlier, but better than nothing I guess...

I'm still annoyed at my camera having those settting :roftl: I wonder how THAT happened.

Start of Love Today:

Sweet Dreams:

Happy Ending:

End of HE:

Interviewing Holy Johnny:

I apologise, thread's already so long, I came late to it so I read some random reports and have been wearing an idiotic smile on my face ever since.

em, SO glad you had a good time :thumb_yello: I'm sure he does remembers you.. :bleh:

I knew it! She's a closet Mika-lover!

babs, you shock me..???!!! :shocked: mika..?? hot..?? how come..?? :roftl:

lauren, I didn't get exactly how it happened, but I am SO pleased for ya onstage adventure!! : I have been dragged on stage once (at a stage show in brighton and I am really not a stage person myself, so I do fully get your embarassment. :blush-anim-cl: must have been good also though :biggrin2:

sariflor, thx for the pics, they look grand! cannot wait to see everyone pictured! :thumb_yello: aww cynthia came from the us for the gig?? how awesome!! hope mika said smt special to her!

areana tour's maybe its to save hos voice you know - he can play to more people at once . i bet the signing will be a thing of the past though :sneaky2:

i remember some girl (sorryif you are a MFCer) who claimed to be press and pushed her way to the front !!! she dint look like press her id card was not a proper one (my mate is working in press for radio 1 so i know) she was giving everyon the evils and a poor girl was really upset beacuse she had been queuing for hours like the rest of us !!! sorry but i think people like that are mean !!!

back to the gig - my fave bit was when mika was talking about billy brown and expalining at the us it cracked me uo when he said "so i told him to **** off". the way he said it it was like should i have said that to this crowd - never mind just did ha ha .

was so funny

That's cool. I always wonder who those early people were because it seems like no one on MFC saw him before late January and even those people are few and far between.

I'm actually surprised by that because I first heard Mika in November and if I was in the UK and found out he was playing I would have been there. I didn't see him until March because that was the first (and only) time he came to Canada.

I guess it was just a matter of things happening so quickly. One day no one had ever heard of him and the next Grace Kelly was on high rotation on the radio.

It was a similar scenario in Canada. I had no problem getting a ticket awhile after they went on sale and when he arrived 3 weeks later his album was #2 in the country and scalpers were selling tickets for 7 times their face value. There were dozens of ads on Craigslist like "desperate to see Mika" and I thought...you should have been desperate 2 weeks ago and you could have picked them up at Ticketmaster!

This is quite sad as next time i'll see him it'll probably be in a big place and he won't come out after gigs anymore as it'll be too mad :shocked:

I don't think larger venues are going to necessarily stop him from signing autographs. I wouldn't worry about that unless and until it happens.

I agree about it saving his voice though and I was thinking about that for London...that he wouldn't have had to push himself so hard if he'd just played one night at O2 or something.

Something is going to have to give because his set is going to get longer once he makes another album. He can't keep playing an hour for the rest of his career.

I've uploaded all my photos from Manchester and Doncaster onto photobucket.

Here are the links to the albums,

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Bradhadair13/Mika%20-%20Manchester/

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Bradhadair13/Mika%20-%20Manchester/Mika%20Doncaster/

but so you have an idea of how good the pics are (front row guys they are goooood!) there are a few below

DSCF2646.jpg

DSCF2631.jpg

DSCF2583.jpg

DSCF2575.jpg

DSCF2555.jpg

DSCF2753.jpg

DSCF2742-1.jpg

I've uploaded all my photos from Manchester and Doncaster onto photobucket.

Here are the links to the albums,

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Bradhadair13/Mika%20-%20Manchester/

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Bradhadair13/Mika%20-%20Manchester/Mika%20Doncaster/

but so you have an idea of how good the pics are (front row guys they are goooood!) there are a few below

DSCF2646.jpg

DSCF2631.jpg

DSCF2583.jpg

DSCF2575.jpg

DSCF2753.jpg

DSCF2742-1.jpg

WOW! These are amazing!!!