2007 - Mika @ Carling Academy, Newcastle, 26 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

Mika

"I got into trouble when I was in Newcastle, there was a balcony upstairs and everyone was sitting down"

Crowd "Booo!"

"No no it's all right No don't be mean exactly, anyway everyone was sitting down and I kept on asking everyone to stand up, but every time I turned round everyone had sat down again and I kept complaining about it and they started getting really angry about it cos everyone was bullying them, the security guards wouldn't let them stand up! So when we play this next song, it doesn't matter what anyone is telling you GET THE F*CK UP!"

HE'S A LEGEND!

mika knows what he wonts and he aint scared to speak his mind by the sounds

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My review....

We got to Newcastle at about 4.45pm and parked around the back of the venue. As we were passing the back door we could see Mika sound checking. So me and Ali hung around for about and hour listening and watching what we could. I really wanted my pic signed and tried all ways to get someone to get it signed for me. At one point I was told that after Mika had finisged sound checking, he would do it for me. But time was moving on, so I headed around the front to join the queue.

Met lots of MFC'ers Sivan, Summer, Mellody, Sparkly, Vix, Hanner, Sharon, Fred, Sara, Caz, Babs, Kath, Kath's daughter.... sorry if I missed you. The atmosphere in the queue was high. I went to chat with Gothy and Helen (lovely to see you guys again !).

Luke came out to the queue with Andy to do some filming. I missed him as he went down the line, but caught him on the way back to sign something for me. Luke headed back to the front door. And then he came back to me. That's when I got a kiss:wub2: (thanks Ali). I think I will go for the full set!!! lol.

We were let into the venue not long after. The security asked to search my bag. No problem there... except he only lifted out my umbrella and removed my marker pen!!!!! how bizzare!! I could have had anything in there.. yet he only took my pen!!!! and I never got it back.. it got lost apparently!!!!!! strange security!!!

Never mind. I managed to get to the front for the first time (Thanks Ali again!!!) Was standing between Kath and Sparkly. I must apologise for my singing and jumping around:naughty:

palladium came on and were good. The audience was loud and up for it by this point. Once they left the stage, Fred released a balloon for the crown to bump around. This really got the crowd excited. Even when it went on the stage, the happy crew batted it back. How cool!! The crowd were shouting for Mika soooo loud. Take That's audience could probably hear us !!!! (they were playing the arena not too far away!!)

Mika came on stage and from the off.... the crowd were really up for it. They jumped and sang their hearts out. And Right throughout... Mika and the reast of the band smiled and laughed and messed about!!! They seemed to be having a ball. And so were we!

There were some really funny bits... When Mikey does his guitar solo in Love today, he turned around and said where is he???Mika had missed his q!! He came back... minus his top and jumped on Cherrises kit where Martin was.....Mika poured water over cherrise and a play fight began when they were playing the bins.. the animals..... Mika and the guys were having a blast.

Lollipop was so much fun.... and by then everyone was standing in the balcony too... much to Mika's pleasure. We left the gig all happy bunnies.

We went to the back door again and hung out. We were counted as if they were going to let us inside, but then came the message that Mika would not sign.. and there was to be NO TOUCHING!!!!! hehe.. that still makes me giggle.

we had 2 lines to the car for Mika to walk through, but then the band came out and just hung out, had photo's, chatted to everyone. The atmosphere was very much party!!!! I got lots of photos with the band. It's lovely how the band seem to recognise so many of the MFC......!!!! I saw Mika's mum.. who loved Sivan's dress sooo much she took photos of it...!!! It is Fabulous!!!

Eventually Mika came out... WITH A PEN!!!!! he signed, had photos taken and generally chatted. When he got to me he said Hi how are you and really smiled at me:wub2: . He signed my pic... which has gone straight back to the bedside again!!!! lol. Mika and the rest of the guys didn't seem to be in too much of a hurry to leave... but they had to move on. So they left and so did we.

I'm sorry for the very very long report...

One more thing..... Mr James Quin.... thankyou for being such a happy bloke!!!! lol

Right, I will try to upload some of my pics......

Lovely review, thanks Andi!

So glad you got a kiss from Luke, too - thanks for the text about it all!

lots of love

Gill

xx

Lovely review, thanks Andi!

So glad you got a kiss from Luke, too - thanks for the text about it all!

lots of love

Gill

xx

Thanks Gill, I will pm you about it !!!

Some pics of the MFC at Newcastle!!!

Before and after the gig!!

Dsc01972.jpg

Dsc01975.jpg

Dsc01976.jpg

finally i also can start posting my pix and videos. :biggrin2:

so here's the first video, i can't believe i actually recorded a WHOLE song, LOL!! :roftl: missionary man (and i especially like the bit at 3:07 :das:)

probably it'll be rather DVDs. :naughty:

here's the rest of the videos (and grrr @ that annoying 12-year-old girl next to me who kept screaming like mad! :sneaky2: ):

different bits and pieces (includes a bit of my interpretation where daisylou's present is visible very well, mika commenting on martin's "YEEE-HA!" and martin hopping around on a balloon after lollipop :roftl: ):

mika talk before billy brown and grace kelly:

some bits of love today (very funny, mika spilling water on cherisse and her chasing him with the drumsticks... :roftl: ):

most of how much do you love me:

ok, here are the pix from newcastle, finally.

the mika ones are here: http://www.mikafanclub.de/bilder-newcastle.php

and the others are on my myspace: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=76402285&albumId=1461363

here are some of my faves...

me with freddie, sivan and summer (you guys are great!!)

l_cdcac6e38e084028a78a4a1c5957c942.jpg

sweet daisylou in her brilliant lollipopgirl-outfit:

l_f56aaa5d0a96d221a378acc32746a444.jpg

andy and leluque (2 more of those on my myspace)

l_4c21c0eb7df28bc730a632a663177a70.jpg

palladium guitarist

l_d453560cf59a4dd11acec5a66b847298.jpg

palladium keyboarder

l_04336fe6b84416632d910ba4574328ad.jpg

the quilt

l_dc54dcacdc9bb14df9852ec7a511b9d5.jpg

sivan and me in our wonderful costumes

l_662f280b0b92cc575c0bbb9fa762225a.jpg

Love Today videos split into 2 parts. Uploading the vids takes away all the quality they're so clear on the computer :(

[myspace]23657449">Love Today Part 1- Newcastle</a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=23657449&v=2&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed><br><a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.addToProfileConfirm&[/myspace]

[myspace]23681736">Love Today Part 2- Newcastle</a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=23681736&v=2&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed><br><a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.addToProfileConfirm&[/myspace]