A Mika Excuse... The Daily Telegraph, AUS

Rainbow Sky

I think the journalists here tend to say exactly how they feel... no beating around the bush, so to speak.

I do agree though that it sounds a little more personal for her... either she is one of those "beyond excited about seeing Mika back in action in Oz", or she has been around several people who have expressed their bitterness in the cancellation.

I have a couple of articles from the promo trip where she interviewed him... I get the feeling she might have been beyond excited... or she's channelling the disgruntled Aussies... :naughty:

We do have to be prepared for the cancellation aspects.. it's such a pity, but alot of artists do it.. although I am not sure they do it this often..

And I hope Mika is smart enough to know this has pissed us off, and the sooner we know when he'll be here the better. Unfortunately for the rest of the world, Australians can be rather :thumb_yello: then :thumbdown: quickly.... (IMHO)..

I think I'll be over it soon.. It hasn't altered my life much.. I was looking forward to meeting up with the others again though.. Us Mikamites still plan on meeting up around that time - with or without a Mika Gig.. So the bond was formed.. and that's is more important to me..

I don't feel you are begrudging us in any way, I just know the 'bright side' comment is something I reach at my own pace rather than being told to do it.. And when you pointed out things I had not yet considered entirely it was great, because it helped me get over the fact it felt like we were being disregarded and wiped off the list. So thank you.

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.. and It's not really even about seeing Mika live, it was about catching up with the others more than anything.. Afterall, they are the ones I'd be having the most fun with :naughty:

Oh yeah.. with or without him... we're still gonna be friends! :wub2:

Besides... I think my siggie says it all... NO JULY CONCERTS IN OZ!!! (England would be quite nice actually... :fisch:)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he'll come to Australia with a "real" tour after the new album!

I'm sorry for all aussie fans that were ready to see him in march-arpil, but he won't forget you all...I'm sure about that!!

As soon as possible Mika will perform for you guys :punk:

It's really upsetting for fans when gigs are cancelled. They look forward, so much to seeing their favourite. It's different if it is because of illness, like the recent cancellations - which were re scheduled of course - but you can't re schedule a festival.

I think his management are to blame, and should not have cancelled, if Mika is able to appear. The work on the album should have been scheduled around it, or else, Mika should not have been booked to attend in the first place.

The trouble is, this sort of thing will reflect badly on Mika, and no one wants that. I think his team need to get more organised, for the sake of Mika, and his fans.

Love today, from Marilyn

It's really upsetting for fans when gigs are cancelled. They look forward, so much to seeing their favourite. It's different if it is because of illness, like the recent cancellations - which were re scheduled of course - but you can't re schedule a festival.

I think his management are to blame, and should not have cancelled, if Mika is able to appear. The work on the album should have been scheduled around it, or else, Mika should not have been booked to attend in the first place.

The trouble is, this sort of thing will reflect badly on Mika, and no one wants that. I think his team need to get more organised, for the sake of Mika, and his fans.

Love today, from Marilyn

well it depends. Life In Cartoon Motion took around a year to make, I think, and if what Christine suspects is true (that he may start recording in February) then he needs all the time he can get, and some Festivals in Australia would have conflicted with that. I doubt Mika wants to leave the creation of the second album too late in the year, otherwise the Mika hype will burst and lose interest. I mean, heck girls, once Mika comes back to Australia he'll have a bunch of new songs to sing probably! Who wants to hear the SAME SONGS for 2 years?? Mika has something new to give. Give him the time to make it and it will be mind blowing, I'm sure! (No pressure Mika :thumb_yello:)

After all, Mika can't tour/travel while creating an album at the same time.

Good things come to those who wait :)

Oh yeah, since we missed out on a bonus track this time round (or got a bonus track, but it was ring ring, which everyone else had on their albums) :mf_rosetinted:

Not everyone. :mf_rosetinted: Sweden (and I'm sure several other countries as well) didn't get Ring Ring. We got Over my shoulder. :mf_rosetinted:

I had the Hammersmith gig thing cancelled and it was dissapointing to travel 3 hours to London by train, days taken off work, tube fares, car parking fares etc etc yea it's all very costly and upsetting to arrive at the gig to find people in tears as they have JUST found out he is too ill to perform, so I DO know how it feels, but I was MORE angry when I went to see Meatloaf at Newcastle metro arena this year and I was REALLY looking forward to that after liking his music for years and finally getting the chance to see him and he walks out of the show half way through a terrible performance leaving the whole audience sitting there stunned in silence till 15 mins later they announce he isnt gonna come back on cos he is not well. :blink: Then to add insult to injury they say we DON'T get a refund cos he performed half his gig (even though it was the worst performance he must have ever done in his life). His tickets were more than double what I pay for Mika gigs.

So I have had it done twice within a few months. Mika I could forgive cos he sorted it out pretty sharpish and he really was ill we all know that.

So as has been said, it's not just a case of him or his team cancelling for the hell of it, there isn't just Mika's schedule to take into consideration, there are so many other factors that we don't even know the half of.

I bet he was really looking forward to going to Oz, i know I would LOVE to go.

I was trying to find a way to get to the v festival, and Mika was the only reason.

I suppose there is plenty of time for Mika fans who no longer want to go, to sell their tickets, but that is so disappointing, even though there was virtually no chance I was gonna get there.

v festival = +18's

so i couldnt have gone anyway.... i guess i'm indifferent about this whole fiasco - but HE BETTER COME DOWN in 2009 AND HE BETTER COME AND DO SOME PROPER SHOWS!!! or else.... he'll have to deal with all the oz wrath we can chuck his way.... though we'll probably get over it again......

i hate living in a country that doesn't appreciate him as much as others do//..... dont get me wrong - mika's aussie fans are pretty awsome - but australia as a whole doesn't really like him as much as the european countries.... and canada esp.... why oh why can we not see the light!

i'm done now .

:biggrin2: Mika LOVED playing in Sydney .... you only have to see his BEAMING smile in the Take 40 footage .... & the band were having a great time !!!

For a gig that was soooo last minute & hardly promoted at all .... there was an audience of around 700-1,000 & only about 7 of us MFC'rs !!! Some of us travelled a looonngg way too to get there !!!

I think they really do care about Australia ... & as I said before ... hopefully, when they do return to our shores .... they will do some solo concerts .... & not just festivals .... which I don't really like anyway !!:naughty::wink2:

And also.. I don't think people should be upset with Mika himself, as I'm sure it wasn't all his decision. When he is ill, yes of course HE is the one who calls off shows (but even then I have a feeling someone convinces him he needs to slow down) but when it comes to recording sessions etc forcing him to cancel dates, I'm sure it's just as much the management and record company that's to blame.. and not him personally..

I could be wrong of course, it just seems wrong to be angry with HIM when it could be the much bigger picture making the decision for him.

I am absolutely gutted right now. Words cannot explain how angry i am to hear this news. Money which i really should have been saving to fix my car from my car accident went into concert tickets and accomodation for the v festival.....i know its not mikas fault i spent the momey on the tickets instead of my car but when you absolutely adore someone so much its almsot as if nothing else matters.....going to this concert meant the world to me as im sure it did many of you too....ive worked myelf up so much for this mika experience, and he takes it away from me. Yes there may be a 'good' reason as to why he cancelled.....but people should not make a nation a promise then take it back as if it meant nothing....knowing i was going to finally see him next year made me the happiest ive been in a long time....it gave me something to look forward to....now that spark has gone......

Yes, he will probably eventually come back.....but whose to say i will have the financial means to go then, or have time off work or uni to see him when he does decide to come back....i know i will eventually get over this....but it will take a while, and i hope he knows how I and many of you feel about how mean and nasty it is to be taken for a ride. People need to learn to not make promises they cant keep......

:wub2: OUCH SENYORITA !!! I'm sorry that you are hurting so much !!!

I don't really know what to say ... except that I feel sure that this isn't anything 'personal' from Mika towards us, his fans, ... & yeah ... the timing IS unfortunate .... :no: ..... However , ... as I recall Mika saying in a really early BBC interview ...... "if you like my music, hang in there ..... I'm here for the long haul ... " ..... & that's how I feel .... I mean, he has only been in the public arena FOR LESS THAN A YEAR .... & so many are expecting so much from him ... & my god ..... he has CERTAINLY put in over 300% ... IMO .... so ... exp. tix. aside (of which I need to recoup. also) ..... I look forward to when Mika & his amazing band return to our shores again ....

PS. I know that you have just heard the news & need to vent ..... :thumb_yello:

do you think the excuse he gave is quite true??

I'm not australian, but I bet it feels really really bad...

I could forgive him the fact that he cannot do the shows, but I'll be a bit dissapointed if I knew that he cancelled but he lied about it. I like to think in an honest Mika... :(

do you think the excuse he gave is quite true??

I'm not australian, but I bet it feels really really bad...

I could forgive him the fact that he cannot do the shows, but I'll be a bit dissapointed if I knew that he cancelled but he lied about it. I like to think in an honest Mika... :(

Romis .... personally speaking ....... I honestly feel that Mika hasn't lied .... I also truly feel that Mika isn't that kind of malicious guy !:wub2: ....

Seriously .... everyone can get into 'bagging' him ... but to me, thats just due to disappointment ....... nothing to do with Mika's position/situation .... & when you think about it ... in promoting ... there are SOOO many factors involved !

Management... Record Company .... International Promotions .... & under those headings alone lies at the very least 60 ppl !!! Then there is the band & their other commitments ..... Studio recording time .... which REALLY doesn't care about WHO the artist is .... time is money ... these places are REALLY EXPENSIVE !!! Also session musos etc. .......... so ...... breathe guys ... 'tis all ...... :wub2:

I just think its not right for someone to announce to a country a tour and their dates and tickets unless your 100% sure that 1. everyone invlved in the show can make it. 2. there are no other events (such as recording time) that will conflict with these announced dates. Since i only found out last night you can imagine im still in that devastated state. I guess i kinda feel like a little kid promised to go to Disney Land, their parents bought the tickets, planned everything, then said no we cant go and not saying when and if i will go.

But hey, thats just 'my interpretation'...

I just think its not right for someone to announce to a country a tour and their dates and tickets unless your 100% sure that 1. everyone invlved in the show can make it. 2. there are no other events (such as recording time) that will conflict with these announced dates.

That isn't realistic. There is no way he can guarantee 100% that he can make it to festivals on the other side of the world several months away.

He couldn't even make it to a gig that is just a few miles from his house because he was ill. I know he's not ill now, but the postponed gigs have thrown a spanner in the works and a decision had to be made.

I would recommend to anyone not to sink money they don't have into a festival to see any artist. Mika is not the only one who drops out of festivals. Festival lineups change all the time and there's never any guarantee. I'm sure V Fest has a disclaimer on their site to that effect.

I would rather he cancelled the V Festival (which he did, anyway) and he reschedule a PROPER tour (we are talking a 90 minute gig here, people) in Oz next year rather than actually doing the V Festival and doing what, 3 songs, and then thinking "Well, thats them taken care of until 2009".

He will get here soon enough........