REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for MIKA in Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory

dcdeb

Got there pretty late (7:10ish?) and the line was looooooong. I left my coat in the car 'cause I thought we wouldn't have to wait much before the doors opened, but I still managed to pretty much freeze by the time we went in.

--Jack

When we were waiting in line, a security guard told us that he had never seen so many people line up outside before the show for someone he had never even heard of before!

He explained the Raffa story to some girls who asked about that, and actually had some interesting things to say on why he decided to include it and why he finds it funny (not Raffa's tragedy but the way it's told so that people can't really make out if it's real or not), etc.

--Jack

It was wonderful to stand just inches away and hear him explain his thoughts about the story. To hear him talk like that in that proximity, you realize, my God, he IS human, yet there is something exceptional about him that exudes at these moments as well. I wish I could have videotaped that for posterity.

Re: Lollipop video--Lollipop was actually the one song of the night where it wasn't amaaaazing, but just kinda normal. I think he was entirely worn out by that point. :naughty:

--Jack

I felt the same thing! After the show, my friend who came with us asked how this compared to Nokia and I told him I thought this show was even better than Nokia, except I thought Lollipop was more exuberant at Nokia. I think you are right that he must have been tired after giving that performance.

12. I sure wrote a lot. I know I sound like a maniac, but I am really quite normal. In fact, I am sitting here in my professional job acting like it is just another day. Little do they all know. Next time I write, I hope to have returned to earth.

It was very hard to act like it was just another day today,wasn't it? The dreary rain that we had here today couldn't even get me down.

WOW Another amazing concert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great energy as always. actually more since it was THE first concert in US.

i have 3 or 4 full videos of songs happy ending, grace kelly, lollipop, and may be missionary man. and a lot more. and 40 some pictures. i will put them up soon. i am at work all tierd right now. so they will be up tonight. and thn i m off to NYC

Can't wait to relive the night!

I'm so happy to have met so many MFC'ers there...YOU GUYS ROCK. xoxoxoxo

mgpm, I am so happy I had the chance to meet you and your daughter! Glad you had a safe trip home. BTW, sorry I kept telling you the manager's name was Jerry; I think it is John?

Oh, sorry!! Hahah, misunderstanding... I meant to write down InfiniteGreen but copy-pasted the wrong name! :blush-anim-cl:

Actually, I'm not even sure that would be right. I know I met InfiniteGreen but am a bit confused whether she was the MFCer I met while still in the venue, with mgpm, or one of the MFCers hanging around with Cynthia et al.

--Jack

Hi Jack! I am the person you met when you were with mgpm in the venue---I was wearing my glasses. I remember when you introduced yourself to me and said, "I'm Jack," I couldn't believe I was actually meeting THE Jack. By the way, you get my vote for best dressed,too. Of course, there was the man with the glittery silver hat that sparkled like a disco ball, but he did not even come close!

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope all of you still interested on reading my report.

Well, I got to the venue at 3pm and suprisely there were only 5 people in front of me which I love of course. I immediately recognized Naomi and Cynthia. I went straight to say "hello". They were so sweet. This time I got a chance to have a conversation with them. After an hour Sara arrived, which I don't really remember her forum name. I know is sunshine with something else. We clicked so quick. She was so nice to me as well as her mother. The first 3 hours; the cold did not bother at all, but when it was around 6pm I could not feel my toes anymore. But it was all worthy. Finally around 7pm I met A. Clay. What a doll. She had a sign that said "looking for LUCY" She was so nice and gave me a gift;a flashing heart!!!

To make my story short, I was in front of the stage which is my second time. I got push a lot and I have some bruises on my arms. I felt them this morning!! LOL. MIKA was amazing like always. He look a bit skinnier than before and at some point I saw some sadness in his eyes.

By now, you might know all the details about the show and MIKA being happy and welcomed by the audience!!

Let me go straight to the after show event!!!

I waited for Sara and her mother outside because they were buying some merchandise.

Almost 100 people went to the back door waiting for MIKA :shocked: At that moment I knew I was not going to be able to see him but I gave it a shot with Sara. The security reminded us more than three times that MIKA was not going to take pics with anyone or sign anything. The crowd cleaned a lot almost half people left. I previously had an ugly doll for him. I got the same because I wanted MIKA to sign it but at this moment I just wanted to see him and give him the doll.

Sara and myself started yelling his name and he went to us. THANK GOD I DID NOT FREEZE!!! I actually had a brief conversation with him. I gave him the doll and said "I hope you like and he was looking at me with a big smile and then look at the doll and squeezed it. I said "I'll see you on Saturday in NYC and he just smile back at us. I hugged sara's mom of excitement and then apologize she was "I understand".

This was the best show so far!!! I love him more than before. He is so human and down to earth. I LOVE YOU MIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am just waiting for tomorrow to see him again!!!!!!!

Well, I got to the venue at 3pm and suprisely there were only 5 people in front of me which I love of course. I immediately recognized Naomi and Cynthia. I went straight to say "hello". They were so sweet. This time I got a chance to have a conversation with them. After an hour Sara arrived, which I don't really remember her forum name. I know is sunshine with something else. We clicked so quick. She was so nice to me as well as her mother. The first 3 hours; the cold did not bother at all, but when it was around 6pm I could not feel my toes anymore. But it was all worthy. Finally around 7pm I met A. Clay. What a doll. She had a sign that said "looking for LUCY" She was so nice and gave me a gift;a flashing heart!!!

To make my story short, I was in front of the stage which is my second time. I got push a lot and I have some bruises on my arms. I felt them this morning!! LOL. MIKA was amazing like always. He look a bit skinnier than before and at some point I saw some sadness in his eyes.

By now, you might know all the details about the show and MIKA being happy and welcomed by the audience!!

I waited for Sara and her mother outside because they were buying some merchandise.

Almost 100 people went to the back door waiting for MIKA :shocked: At that moment I knew I was not going to be able to see him but I gave it a shot with Sara. The security reminded us more than three times that MIKA was not going to take pics with anyone or sign anything. The crowd cleaned a lot almost half people left. I previously had an ugly doll for him. I got the same because I wanted MIKA to sign it but at this moment I just wanted to see him and give him the doll.

Sara and myself started yelling his name and he went to us. THANK GOD I DID NOT FREEZE!!! I actually had a brief conversation with him. I gave him the doll and said "I hope you like and he was looking at me with a big smile and then look at the doll and squeezed it. I said "I'll see you on Saturday in NYC and he just smile back at us. I hugged sara's mom of excitement and then apologize she was "I understand".

This was the best show so far!!! I love him more than before. He is so human and down to earth. I LOVE YOU MIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Lucy,

I'm sorry that I did not get a chance to meet you, but I do recall seeing someone holding up the doll in the crowd so I think I saw your doll!

BTW, did your husband get to do anything fun while he was here? [i'm sorry, I love this city (usually) and I want everyone else to, also!]

I am really regretting not getting tickets to go up for the NYC show tomorrow. Have a great time and be sure to bring back a lot of good memories!

Thanks for your report Lucy - and am glad you managed to give

Mika your present!! :thumb_yello:

thanks for the report lucy! have fun in NY!!!!

So I got to the venue at 11 am. My cousin and I slept outside for a litle, we met some other mfcers. It was so cold though. We finally got in, I picked up my photo pass and I got to shoot the first three songs for my website. I was so excited that a lot of my pictures were actuall really shaky. I am uploading them now so I will post the link soon. After theshow i met some friends (some from mfc) and we waited in the back for mika. unfortunately my ride was waiting so I couldnt stay long. I didnt get to talk to him at this show. There is always next time though!

http://www.holdinguphearts.com

or

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carlycassara

for mika pictures!

So I got to the venue at 11 am. My cousin and I slept outside for a litle, we met some other mfcers. It was so cold though. We finally got in, I picked up my photo pass and I got to shoot the first three songs for my website. I was so excited that a lot of my pictures were actuall really shaky. I am uploading them now so I will post the link soon. After theshow i met some friends (some from mfc) and we waited in the back for mika. unfortunately my ride was waiting so I couldnt stay long. I didnt get to talk to him at this show. There is always next time though!

http://www.holdinguphearts.com

or

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carlycassara

for mika pictures!

Oooh nice pictures! Thanks for sharing them! It;s cool that you have access to the "photographer area" (whatever that's called) :naughty:

Awesome report, Lucy! So happy you had a good time...

And even happier that we'll be meeting up tomorrow so you can do it

all again! :roll1:

dcdeb

21 HOURS 49 MINUTES UNTIL MIKA IN NYC!!!

Haha LUCY! It's me SARAH....aka Sun6chic!

everyone else pretty much said everything that happened. It was awesome to meet some MFC people and talk a little with them. The whole night was magical. During Lollipop me and lucy put on these cartoon animal masks (for little kid parties ahah) and we just went wild and danced a lot haha. Martin saw us, and he kept looking back at us and smiling. I think he was surprised cuz we knew that they dress up for lollipop and we "dressed up" in our own way to get into the song. haha. I have tons of pictures which i'll put up later this weekend after i go to NYC for the Terminal 5 show.

:shocked::mf_lustslow: OOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I just LOVE to read all the reports..........'specially from good old die hard MFCers who always give us the juicy reports that we REALLY want to hear. I love the way that the reports are becoming more and more about interaction and meetings of MFCers..............of course I love to read about Mika too..........and I agree with what Deb said earlier...five minutes just watching him and hearing him talk to people even if it is not oneself is a fantastic experience.:mf_lustslow: Also............I like the fact that Deb posted where the reports start..if that has happened before I hadn't noticed but was just thinking today what a good idea it would be...thanks Deb.:thumb_yello:

Sounds like another amazing night :naughty:

I have been thinking about this and have realised that it made it sound as though I DIDN'T want to read reports from newer Mika fans...just the 'diehard' ones :shocked: That is total tosh...I didn't mean that at all!! Silly silly Kath...I promise to put brain into gear before hands to keyboard next time!:naughty: Thank you for ALL your reports!!!!

Yeah, I found that really touching too, Gatagordinha. :wub2: I just hope it wasn't scripted or I'll feel duped!

Oh, last thing: I just wanted to post a photo of what I was wearing. Firstly, so that if any other MFCers I did not recognize saw me at the concert, they can tell me so...

and secondly just 'cause I like it. :naughty:

1outfit2008B.jpg

As you can see, my inspiration was the trademark Mika rosette. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

Jack, your outfit is beautiful! You look kind of like a super hero. :)

(BTW, thank you for not telling Mika that I think his butt is big....:naughty: )

:D i think those are them. if anybody gets a closer look or pic please send it to me! Of if anybody can get a good look try to remember what they look like but i'm pretty sure thats them! oh wow, this makes me so VERY happy.:wub2::roftl: I'm so glad he liked them!