Mika Almost Banned From Attending Brits

Pamette

http://www.pr-inside.com/mika-almost-banned-from-attending-brits-r416468.htm

British pop star MIKA was almost banned from performing at this year's (08) Brit Awards after he revealed stage secrets to the media.

The Grace Kelly star has been nominated for four awards at this month's (20Feb08) ceremony - including Best British Album and Best British Single - but was almost axed from the show after giving away too much about his planned extravagant performance.

He says of the event's organisers, "I've been overly involved, they're not used to that."

:sneaky2: You can't ban him for stupid reasons like that!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the real reason he was nearly banned (if it's true) is because he has been characteristically obstinate about the show he wants to put on, at the Brits. He has said in another article that he's been very demanding of the organisers, insisting on doing things his way, and they probably just aren't used to an artists being so artistically controlling.

He gets people's backs up with that but it's what we love about him, and good luck to him. I hope he blows everyone away at the Brits and makes a few people eat their words.

I think the real reason he was nearly banned (if it's true) is because he has been characteristically obstinate about the show he wants to put on, at the Brits. He has said in another article that he's been very demanding of the organisers, insisting on doing things his way, and they probably just aren't used to an artists being so artistically controlling.

Yeah. I think it's because he's new. I don't think the organizers do what they want when Madonna asks them something. :naughty:

But maybe, he doesn't explain the things he wants in a sweet way. :roftl:

He gets people's backs up with that but it's what we love about him, and good luck to him. I hope he blows everyone away at the Brits and makes a few people eat their words.

We adore his strong personality.

Firstly, Bexx you go girl, give 'em some stick!

Secondly,I agree with you on this, they are totally over reacting. It's not as if he actually said what he was going to do for the performance, just that he wanted to do it his way, and it's not as if people in the industry don't know that's how he does things, 'cause he is well known for it by now.

If they want a first class performance from him, they should just let him get on with it, he knows what he's doing and how to get the best from the audience, they shouldn't be threatening to ban him, should give him a medal for giving a boost to the show.

I reckon he'd have to be a bit more explicit in giving secrets away to get banned. They can't afford to ban him anyway - his perfomrance will be one of the highlights of the show, a replacement would only be second best and there's no way they'd do that unless they really had to. The main performance at the Brits is a big, big deal.

Sounds like the media making things up again if you ask me! After all any press is good press.

Either that or if he's got his confetti canons ready for action, the Brit peeps can't be bothered to sweep up!

Yes, you said it! They don't like that he does his own thing. I suppose they want The Brits to be stuffy, and dare I say... British.

Mika, if you read this... Stay as unique as you are! that's why we love you! They are all hot air and nothing else! They darn't ban you, you're up for four awards! Go there and knock em dead!!

they're talking about revealing too much of his show AT THE BRITS backstage info ! not at his shows in general... maybe you aren't aware of these info but it seems that the organizers are aware of it and aren't happy with that... not sure they'll ban him, though, looks more like a warning, if they wanted to ban him, it would have already been done...