MFC Will Be The Official Fan Site For Mika

FREDDIESDOUBLE

And I hope if the mica fan cast comes with being official the casters can get 'press' type privileges and interviews with Meeks and such. It could end up being such a good outlet for him if we organize it well.

Like your pod cast idea:wink2:

Which by the way I think is fab!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With regards to the specific benefits of being "official" I actually like the way Hanson.net has handled it. I'm a Hanson fan, and as an official member we get presales, extra photos, behind the scenes into the recording studio, and on this last tour, Hanson actually posted info on their website that if you met up outside the venue at a certain time, they went on a one-mile walk with the fans. (They were promoting the charity work they're doing in Africa--"walk a mile in someone else's shoes" symbolism.)

But yeah, those are nice perks, and I think advance ticket sales are the best perks of all. But still...for the last few tours, it's been general admission, so eventhough we purchase tix earlier, we still might end up in the back unless we're willing to wait in line for hours and hours. (Or overnight, which is common for Hanson fans.) That said, I think if Mika did seated tours from now on, MFC should get the front 5 rows or something--so even with advanced sales, we get the front.

I would love a blog from Mika, too. And not Mika's people, or staff, or managers, or whatever. From MIKA. I love the musician Anna Nalick, and she posts really awesome blogs on her website to the fans, and for the fans. She posts pictures of her pets, and what she's doing, and it's really amazing. Makes you feel like you're actually a part of her life.

My thoughts are scattered, bear with me...

But I was also thinking about something else regarding "official-ness." If we are allowed priviledges like advance ticket sales and what not, how many MFCers would end up getting those priviledges? We have thousands of members now, and once we're official, we'll get thousands upon thousands more. Even if the front 5 rows at every venue were reserved for MFCers, not everyone would get the front. There's going to be too many of us. So then how to determine who gets what? Should the people who post more get more benefits than someone who's posted once, or never?

I actually just signed up for hanson.net... if I could be bothered, I'd go for the official member bit... I just can't justify signing up for something when it's very likely they won't come here...

Wait a minute :naughty:...

I actually just signed up for hanson.net... if I could be bothered, I'd go for the official member bit... I just can't justify signing up for something when it's very likely they won't come here...

Go back to the Aussie thread! :lmfao:

:roftl: haha

aw you poor aussies

aussie aussie aussie!

With regards to the specific benefits of being "official" I actually like the way Hanson.net has handled it. I'm a Hanson fan, and as an official member we get presales, extra photos, behind the scenes into the recording studio, and on this last tour, Hanson actually posted info on their website that if you met up outside the venue at a certain time, they went on a one-mile walk with the fans. (They were promoting the charity work they're doing in Africa--"walk a mile in someone else's shoes" symbolism.)

But yeah, those are nice perks, and I think advance ticket sales are the best perks of all. But still...for the last few tours, it's been general admission, so eventhough we purchase tix earlier, we still might end up in the back unless we're willing to wait in line for hours and hours. (Or overnight, which is common for Hanson fans.) That said, I think if Mika did seated tours from now on, MFC should get the front 5 rows or something--so even with advanced sales, we get the front.

I would love a blog from Mika, too. And not Mika's people, or staff, or managers, or whatever. From MIKA. I love the musician Anna Nalick, and she posts really awesome blogs on her website to the fans, and for the fans. She posts pictures of her pets, and what she's doing, and it's really amazing. Makes you feel like you're actually a part of her life.

My thoughts are scattered, bear with me...

But I was also thinking about something else regarding "official-ness." If we are allowed priviledges like advance ticket sales and what not, how many MFCers would end up getting those priviledges? We have thousands of members now, and once we're official, we'll get thousands upon thousands more. Even if the front 5 rows at every venue were reserved for MFCers, not everyone would get the front. There's going to be too many of us. So then how to determine who gets what? Should the people who post more get more benefits than someone who's posted once, or never?

Having a large number of MFCers at a gig would only happen in places like Europe or North America. The fairest solution is that they limit the number of tickets and allocate them on it a first come first served basis.

Then again, Australia hasn't even had a single tour yet so ticket sales isn't a problem for us in the first place.

Having a large number of MFCers at a gig would only happen in places like Europe or North America. The fairest solution is that they limit the number of tickets and allocate them on it a first come first served basis.

Then again, Australia hasn't even had a single tour yet so ticket sales isn't a problem for us in the first place.

I'd love it then for Mika to go to Australia, because that's a better place for me to chase him.

Reading all about the absurdity of queuing in London and I am totally turned off. There are already about 45 people in the Brixton queue right now and it's only 10 am.

I am scrapping any idea of going to Paris this summer for a Mika gig.

I can't wait to find out what being official will mean - and if it involves a fee - i'm happy with that too.

I agree- a fee would discourage any "fairweather" fans

I'd love it then for Mika to go to Australia, because that's a better place for me to chase him.

Reading all about the absurdity of queuing in London and I am totally turned off. There are already about 45 people in the Brixton queue right now and it's only 10 am.

I am scrapping any idea of going to Paris this summer for a Mika gig.

Well, we would love to have you down here! You can crash at random MFCers houses!

Wow- that is starting to become insane. At least down here WHEN we get a tour it won't be overrun with a squillion fans!!

Suzy I will buy you a NUMBERED ticket for Tokyo and we can get squished together. Like this.

8711_1_468.jpeg

Oh, wait that's the swimming pool, not a gig.

:naughty:

Quit complaining you lot. I live like this.

I'm glad I read somewhere that East Asians have the fewest number of sweat glands. :naughty:

Australia? I will be there! count me in! :) Love to meet all of you!

I still think I was very lucky at the Canadian show to have such a beautiful experience! and I would love to meet all the beautiful people in Australia inclulding my two cousins and Aunt and Uncle in Brisbane! ( mY cousin NIcole and Aunt and Uncle there are former KIWIS! but Stephen ( my male cousin!) is a true Aussie!:)

I agree- a fee would discourage any "fairweather" fans

Well, we would love to have you down here! You can crash at random MFCers houses!

Wow- that is starting to become insane. At least down here WHEN we get a tour it won't be overrun with a squillion fans!!

We hope!:sneaky2:

Australia? I will be there! count me in! :) Love to meet all of you!

I still think I was very lucky at the Canadian show to have such a beautiful experience! and I would love to meet all the beautiful people in Australia inclulding my two cousins and Aunt and Uncle in Brisbane! ( mY cousin NIcole and Aunt and Uncle there are former KIWIS! but Stephen ( my male cousin!) is a true Aussie!:)

By all means Suzanne come! You too Suzy! We'd love to have you and I'm sure we can find beds for you. i doubt Mika will actually come to Canberra, but if he does you can stay with me. I don't know where i'd put you (we're about to move on Saturday to a much smaller house:thumbdown: ) but i'm sure we could work something out.:thumb_yello: