• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:naughty: I love you all I hope you realise that

What's not to love.. we're all adorable..:wub2:

Especially when we function on Australian time:wink2:

btw, Well done getting singled out by Mika.. :naughty:

I do love you Aussies...:wub2: I'd love to go too...I can think of a bunch of MFCers I'd love have come along too...

I can understand your point very well chickadee...but it's seems that our world and our human nature is structured around being grouped and classified. It's not always perfect and not always fair, (just like we know that Aussies are deserving of a Mika tour too). But being in a specific group, like a Mika Fan Club, helps ensure that many who are big Mika fans are getting that little extra something that means more to them, then it would to the average fan.

YES!!! COME TO OZ FOR THE DREAM TOUR!!!

We sure are deserving of a tour... but so are other places (like all of Asia, South America and South Africa)

Go back to the Aussie thread!

Pfft... fine then

*throws tantrum and goes back to Aussie thread after posting*

haha

aw you poor aussies

aussie aussie aussie!

Oi Oi Oi!! :punk:

Having a large number of MFCers at a gig would only happen in places like Europe or North America. The fairest solution is that they limit the number of tickets and allocate them on it a first come first served basis.

Then again, Australia hasn't even had a single tour yet so ticket sales isn't a problem for us in the first place.

Which is good for us in a way... but that doesn't mean we wouldn't like presale tickets..

I'd love it then for Mika to go to Australia, because that's a better place for me to chase him.

Reading all about the absurdity of queuing in London and I am totally turned off. There are already about 45 people in the Brixton queue right now and it's only 10 am.

I am scrapping any idea of going to Paris this summer for a Mika gig.

That's okay... at 10am the day of the Syd gig DC was on his little lonesome :naughty:...

Well, we would love to have you down here! You can crash at random MFCers houses!

Wow- that is starting to become insane. At least down here WHEN we get a tour it won't be overrun with a squillion fans!!

Good point...

Australia? I will be there! count me in! Love to meet all of you!

I still think I was very lucky at the Canadian show to have such a beautiful experience! and I would love to meet all the beautiful people in Australia inclulding my two cousins and Aunt and Uncle in Brisbane! ( mY cousin NIcole and Aunt and Uncle there are former KIWIS! but Stephen ( my male cousin!) is a true Aussie!:)

YAY!!! We have a few... charlottechristy, you, I think Suzy is in... maybe Deb... Freddie if he likes us enough...

By all means Suzanne come! You too Suzy! We'd love to have you and I'm sure we can find beds for you. i doubt Mika will actually come to Canberra, but if he does you can stay with me. I don't know where i'd put you (we're about to move on Saturday to a much smaller house:thumbdown: ) but i'm sure we could work something out.

camping on the floor..

We find out monday when everyone is back from London......

We'll have to be patient together

I know how you feel

Which will prob be mon night my time.. mon English time...

Did you really?? That's so cool! I'm "moeturtle" on Hanson.net, but I hardly every post anymore. (I'm sort of obsessed with this place, haha.) :blush-anim-cl: And Hanson has toured Australia before. I don't think they've gone real recently, but you never know...

I think I'm still an official member there, but I also think I may have missed the last payment. Darnit, those annual fees are a b*tch!

They did a show in Sydney when they first came... no way the parentals would have paid for it... esp since it was a 5 hour trip to Syd from where we were...

Then they did one a few years ago (around the time of Underneath, so about 4 years ago)... I was sort of not interested... maybe if they come here soon I might...

I'm pretty sure I'm nicocollard on there... not that anyone was on there when I went there... sort of reminded me of mikasounds...

i have a ? and this has probably been asked many many many times before but everytime i dont get a straight answer and its usually not from a moderator and its just an opinion but this is a ? for the mods:

will we have to pay after becoming official? if there is a fee will it only apply towards members that join after becoming official?

We don't actually know... Freddie and deano are being pretty tight lipped about it' date=' and we mods know as much as you guys know...

So, is the "big news" gonna be posted "Monday" your time or Oz time? The latter is preferable as it's sooner. :naughty:

I think so... go by Aussie time!

I love you all I hope you realise that

How much do you love me?

Oooh bad joke... shut up Tegan!

Shhh! You don't want to delay it any more, do you? I recommend you go by Australian time if you know what's good for you.

*threatens to bash with cricket bat*

'cause a cricket bat is so more Aussie than a baseball bat. :mf_rosetinted:

I looove your sig:naughty: Life in canceled motion:roftl:

He should just get his ass over to Australia, because you all deserve a tour!:mf_rosetinted:

I looove your sig:naughty: Life in canceled motion:roftl:

He should just get his ass over to Australia, because you all deserve a tour!:mf_rosetinted:

Deconstruction, a fellow Aussie, came up with "Life in Canceled Motion". :naughty:

And hell yes, he should get his arse down under. Or I'll keep on whining about it in every thread in the MFC until he does. :mf_rosetinted:

Having a large number of MFCers at a gig would only happen in places like Europe or North America. The fairest solution is that they limit the number of tickets and allocate them on it a first come first served basis.

It doesn't even happen there. London was the worst case scenario and even then it was only 80-90 MFCers. Not enough to overrun the first 5 rows in any seated venue.

As long as veteran MFCers are protected and offered right of first refusal, the current members should not have any problems getting good seats during a pre-sale. We do need that protection though because once Mika starts advertising MFC as official and you have to become a fan in order to access presale tickets the membership is going to explode.

I hope we will be in a different class than people who just come along and jump on the bandwagon to get good tickets in the coming years, at least in regards to ticket sales and secret gigs.

Shhh! You don't want to delay it any more, do you? I recommend you go by Australian time if you know what's good for you. :naughty:

Ack you ruined my evil plan! How dare you! *Shakes fist at you* :roftl:

*cough* only 7am Sunday morning here *cough*

That's what you get for being so gosh darn ahead of us!!!!

It doesn't even happen there. London was the worst case scenario and even then it was only 80-90 MFCers. Not enough to overrun the first 5 rows in any seated venue.

As long as veteran MFCers are protected and offered right of first refusal, the current members should not have any problems getting good seats during a pre-sale. We do need that protection though because once Mika starts advertising MFC as official and you have to become a fan in order to access presale tickets the membership is going to explode.

I hope we will be in a different class than people who just come along and jump on the bandwagon to get good tickets in the coming years, at least in regards to ticket sales and secret gigs.

Sorry, my geographically-deficient self includes the UK in Europe. :blush-anim-cl:

But you're right, I hope that those who haven't simply jumped the bandwagon purely for the fanclub perks have some sort of advantage. But determining who is and isn't would be difficult.

Hahah. On the one hand, you guys are going, "but what about people who are huge fans but haven't managed to find or join the MFC? Having MFC-only opportunities is unfair to them!"

Well, if after MFC becomes official it's advertised on Mika's myspace and webpage, then anyone at all interested in Mika and who has internet access can easily find us.

On the other hand, people are then going "but if it's advertised everywhere, people will join just for tickets, oh nooo! They'll be able to take part in MFC-only opportunities even though they haven't been on MFC for ages!"

Kind of a damned if you don't, damned if you do situation, eh? :wink2:

--Jack

P.S. I hate the idea of paid fanclubs. But the plus side of even a small fee is that it will keep people who aren't serious about it from registering. Few people would pay to join the fanclub if they didn't really care about Mika.

Placabo's fanclub used to cost like $20 for a year, which wasn't too bad.

Other possibilities include: early-adopter life membership, where those of us here already do not have to pay. Or a discount based on the number/frequency of posts, so if you're an active contributor you pay less than someone who just registers for the heck of it.

P.S. I hate the idea of paid fanclubs. But the plus side of even a small fee is that it will keep people who aren't serious about it from registering. Few people would pay to join the fanclub if they didn't really care about Mika.

Other possibilities include: early-adopter life membership, where those of us here already do not have to pay. Or a discount based on the number/frequency of posts, so if you're an active contributor you pay less than someone who just registers for the heck of it.

that seems good to me. i'm a full time student with a low minimum wage paid job and there's no way i could afford to pay for this forum :tears: i dont have an online account or a card or anything like that :tears:

Hahah. On the one hand, you guys are going, "but what about people who are huge fans bit haven't managed to find or join the MFC? Having MFC-only opportunities is unfair to them!"

Well, if after MFC becomes official it's advertised on Mika's myspace and webpage, then anyone at all interested in Mika and who has internet access can easily find us.

On the other hand, people are then going "but if it's advertised everywhere, people will join just for tickets, oh nooo! They'll be able to take part in MFC-only opportunities even though they haven't been on MFC for ages!"

Kind of a damned if you don't, damned if you do situation, eh? :wink2:

--Jack

That's a fair point. It is damned if you do, damned if you don't. :blink:

I like the idea of early-adopter membership even though there will still be concerns "it's not fair that the dedicated fans who didn't hear about the MFC till now will have to pay where the older members don't". I could live with that.

A discount-by-post-count, though, would work out nicely for Vanessa, Freddie, Sasje, Mika4Life13, etc. :naughty: