2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ The Hammersmith Apollo - London (25 Feb)

Niki27

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's exactly how I feel...I need another gig as much as a diabetic needs a shot of insulin.

I need my dose.:naughty:

Tho it has gotten much better now

In November I was like an addict and every vid was just fueling it

I have grown up,I'm so proud :roftl:

Ahhahaaaaa:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I love the bit where you all sing Like your omther and theres a little voice in the vbackground going Like your mother...:lmao:

Who is it?

that was Rose lol i forgot about that bit :roftl: but me and vix joined in on the "tease for fun" xDD and the first "carry on" with rose singing a few notes higher so u cant really hear us :roftl:

very short Ring Ring video:

(where's andy? :naughty:)

Stupid Boots don't have an hour service where I live at the moment. Have to wait till sodding Friday till I can get my Photo's. Have a really good zoom camera so am hoping for some fantastic pics.

Part Three .... MIKA TIME

I don't know where to start really - I knew 9-5 would be the oh my god he's about to come on song.

Seeing Sara in that bubble thing was pretty impressive and then hearing that voice start. :shocked:

He's real, I can see him, and god can I hear him. I like the way they keep the stage in kind of semi darkness until he bounds to the front of the stage. It keeps us on an edge. And then madness abounds. I couldn't stop grinning like a loon for the whole first song. Got abit carried away with my camera too. 6 pics for Relax alone and had to stop myself cos' I have an hour and a half yet of bliss to witness.

Big Girl. Filmed it as you saw. Came out really well. Kind of missed the Big Girl Cartwheel thing - but did get Mika's reaction to it which was cool.

I love the piano stuff. Probably some of my fave songs are these, My Interpretation, Any Other World (had to film it - it cemented my Mika Love), Billy Brown. He's songs are just amazing and witnessing it for real is incredible. I've never in my life known a concert go so quick. Normally there's always a point about 45 mins in (even Blur and Franz) where I'll start lagging alittle - too much jumping and other stuff and look at my watch or something. Not at all with Mika. It just seemed to fly by - which is a shame really. Even happier in retrospect that I took so many videos.

I absolutely love How Much Do You Love Me, should be renamed How Much Do I Love This Song and the Doo Doo Doo bit. I can't tell you how much (again) I'm looking forward to a studio version of this. Just amazing.

Holy Johnny was incredible - I like how it sounds kind of different to the version on the DVD. Was great seeing HJ get pulled out of the crowd. And his confusion about the whole kneeling on the floor bit... :roftl:

Did anyone else hear the guy shout loudly in a really strange voice how much he LOVED MIKA before Happy Ending. Mika's face was priceless - the crowd seemed to think it was funny too.

Happy Ending was amazing - such a beautiful song. Even better live. God this man is incredible.

Stuck In The Middle was fantastic with the stretched ending and the whole crowd response thing. Missionary Man was good, but not Sweet Dreams.

Love Today... :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

Words fail me actually. Knew it would be incredible live, was even better than I expected. Loved every bloody minute of it. I love Cherrise. Sorry Mika she's better than you ... you looked hot though... not that I was looking ..... much :roftl:

Loved the whole Gray Skelly, even though I've watched it loads of times on YT, seeing it is completely magical. Just makes Love Today even even better if possible.

Grace Kelly was unbelievable, :wink2: It amazes me actually that I can listen to something as beautiful as Any Other World and the same artist is responsible for an athem like GK. I love his diversity. He's unique, incredible and I'm so excited to see where his career is gonna take him and us.

All too soon I was hearing the intro to Lollipop. Can't believe I'm on the last song all ready - it can't be time yet. It's only just started. A bunny appeared over by our side after their skit bit and Mika in full costume came pelting over to continue firing at it. Loved it. Kind of unexpected.

I don't think I have enough :wub2: for this. The balloons, streamers, confetti - everything was amazing, over the top - in the heavens and beyond.

Did anyone else see Sara fall over - caught that on video. Their phony fight at the beginning with Martin tearing over to Mika to attack him. Just loved it.

Am so envious of everyone going again tonight and Thursday. You guys are so so lucky.

I have memories though, some amazing ones. Oh and if I was slightly obsessed before it has nothing on now.

MIKA YOU'RE OUTSTANDING AND I LOVE YOU TO BITS....

Laurel I LOVED your last post! i know EXACTLY what you mean.

seeing him like that - every INCH - just made me realise how REAL he actually is. How HUMAN he is, yet how AMAZING he is. I was standing there in awe, singing along, waving around, hoping to get a glimpse from him which I got in Love Today :wub2:

Oh and I think that was Sam who shouted out the "I LOVE YOU MIKA" before happy ending. I met sam when waiting for Mika, and his friend conner. those were the guys i convinced to join, god knows if they have though.

LOL @ "...should change the title to How Much Do I Love This Song" :lmao:

and yes I saw Saranayde fall over! her animal costumes was at her knees LMAO Lollipop was so much fun. actually the whole concert was. I could tell the band were having an amazing time.

Tho it has gotten much better now

In November I was like an addict and every vid was just fueling it

I have grown up,I'm so proud :roftl:

It was like that with me in October. I thought I was never going to recover.:naughty: Guess we really are growing up.:roftl:

I'm at the stage now where I can't stop watching his vids on You Tube - what's the cure then. I'm 33 I should be beyond this.

After last night not a chance.... help!

I've got Post Mika Depression as well. God it's so painful to know that other people are seeing him tonight and thursday :tears:

aw she is lovely ! love her coat :wub2: do you know if she brought my violet book with her :blush-anim-cl:

Mariposa was lovely - and YES Celine - she most certainly did have your cute violet book with her :biggrin2: (pssst, we have written in it !!)

handbrace? :blink:

Me and Jemma after the disappointment of not meeting Mika...*i look drugged lol*

DSCF1234.jpg

Lovely pic - and look - there's Carri in the background screaming "I WANT CHICKEN" !!! :wink2::roftl:

So sorry that you did not get to meet the Mikster Caz, and so unfair, but it was great to finally meet you x

Lovely pic - and look - there's Carri in the background screaming "I WANT CHICKEN" !!! :wink2::roftl:

So sorry that you did not get to meet the Mikster Caz, and so unfair, but it was great to finally meet you x

:roftl:

yeah it was nice to meet you too at last! i met so many MFCers, all from around the GLOBE MAN!

So, my first Mika gig.

Support band Palladium: well, they might have been good but it was hard to tell – TOO LOUD MAN. Don’t know who was doing their mixing but the vocals were generally drowned out by the instruments.

In truth we just wanted Mika, and he didn't disappoint. From the moment he started "Relax" it was clear we were in a for a great night. His voice was a bit strained, you could hear he had a sore throat when he was speaking, but he still managed to hit most of those high notes with ease.

Everyone in the crowd seemed so happy singing along that I even enjoyed the songs that I like least on the album – SITM, Big Girl and Billy Brown. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with the arrangement of Holy Johnny, I prefer just Mika with Martin's guitar – much edgier.

Wonderful piano playing on Any Other World (though there were a lot of people chattering through this, presumably because they weren't familiar with the song - I kept wanting to tell then to shut up); a frenetic version of Ring Ring; the soaring notes of Happy Ending (though I think we need to work on our gospel singing) , and best of all Love Today. The singing, the drumming, the crowd participation, all combined to make this an outstanding performance.

Being vertically challenged I couldn't see all of the action taking place on stage so the whole Gray Skelly thing was a bit lost on me. But Lollipop just finished things off to perfection. I may have ended up with no voice, aching knees, bruised ribs and crushed toes but it was so worth it.

But it was all over too quickly. I can see why people go to watch him over and over again. And outside, talking to people who admitted they hadn't really been into Mika before, it was clear he had won more converts.

And yes, Saranayde – teenage boys seemed to think she was great, but the general female reaction was "Saranayde? What's the point? Just give us more Mika".

Yikes...she forgot the tickets? :sneaky2:

Yep. Just ruin it why don't cha?:naughty:

"You've got the tickets, haven't you?" I asked, expecting a sarcastic reply. My mum put her hand over her mouth.

"I didn't pick them up." I assumed she was joking, because she does this when I ask her to buy me things, like a clear pencil case for my SATs.

"No, seriously."

"No, seriously, I didn't pick them up." I was still trying to convince myself she was kidding. But she wasn't.

"Of all things!!" I said, rather loudly. I was so annoyed, and I could feel a lump forming in my throat.

"I'll go and speak to someone. Come on." My mum replied. I was so angry, so I went quickly ahead. As we reached the end, I did cry. Don't think I overreacted; I've been waiting for this gig for 9 mobths, and I've been so excited. I took the december gig cancellation well, because I knew there would be another one, and I focused myself on that, but I thought since we didn't have the tickets, this was it. It was over, I wouldn't see Mika til he was back in London, on his next tour, and even that wouldn't have been a definate.

But my mum found out we had to go to the box office and we might be able to get things sorted. The security guy was nice, and asked how we could forget the tickets.

We had to get the credit card number from my aunt whom we hadn't spoken to since August :boxed: I didn't like the idea, scared she'd just be a mean cow and not give us the number. My uncle answered and said we'd have to wait an hour, and she'd call us back. So my mum decided she'd go home to see if she could get the tickets, and if they called, I would have to get the tickets.

I'll continue it later, this took ages as it was. Sorry:blush-anim-cl:

I'm at the stage now where I can't stop watching his vids on You Tube - what's the cure then. I'm 33 I should be beyond this.

After last night not a chance.... help!

Laurel - you think you've got problems, I am a responsible grown oldling and keep thinking I should be way out of this "infatuated with pop stars" phase.

But then I keep having flashbacks of Mika bouncing across the stage, singing just a few feet away, those lovely curls … and I just melt.

I actually think we, Oldlings, have it worse than the younglings!! LOL!! Maybe Mika is our midlife crisis? Well, that would be one hell of a mid-life...I'll take it. LMAO!!!

And, when we were younger, we couldn't fuel our obsession as much as now, since we answer to no one, we can fuel it. Nobody to tell us that we can't go to multiple concerts, or stay after to try to meet him. We are like that line in "Steel Magnolia's"...."I'm older and have more insurance." :naughty: We are older and can do what we want with our obsession. :naughty:

Laurel - you think you've got problems, I am a responsible grown oldling and keep thinking I should be way out of this "infatuated with pop stars" phase.

But then I keep having flashbacks of Mika bouncing across the stage, singing just a few feet away, those lovely curls … and I just melt.

I actually think we, Oldlings, have it worse than the younglings!! LOL!! Maybe Mika is our midlife crisis? Well, that would be one hell of a mid-life...I'll take it. LMAO!!!

And, when we were younger, we couldn't fuel our obsession as much as now, since we answer to no one, we can fuel it. Nobody to tell us that we can't go to multiple concerts, or stay after to try to meet him. We are like that line in "Steel Magnolia's"...."I'm older and have more insurance." :naughty: We are older and can do what we want with our obsession. :naughty:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

So true. Although some of us try to look dignified in front of the children.:naughty:

Actually isn't that line from Fried Green Tomatoes? Both great movies...