Official MIKA and MIKA FANCLUB FAQ

JackViolet

I don't want the FAQ to be a sticky--it's extensive enough, especially if you want to add sections, to be its own part of the site.

Do you see the FAQ tab in the brown navigation bar up above?

That's where I want it to go.

We could have a more visible link off the main page for it too.

--Jack

I don't want the FAQ to be a sticky--it's extensive enough, especially if you want to add sections, to be its own part of the site.

Do you see the FAQ tab in the brown navigation bar up above?

That's where I want it to go.

OK, you're right -- that's where it ought to go. And it looks like

there's already a placeholder for it.

dcdeb

Question. How do you know if the siblings ages are accurate? :mf_rosetinted:

coughcoughstalkersperhaps?cough

I don't, but they're accurate within a year (ie, give or take a year either way).

Over the course of last year, I've read the siblings' ages in various interviews, and then I had to adjust for the passing of time. Since I don't actually know any of their birthdays, I can't guarantee their ages, but it should be close enough.

--Jack

wow it is really great.how you know so much things about him. it cost me ages to find half of this informations. and i see half of them was wrong:) thank you great job;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack :) A huge thank you to you and to everyone who contributed to this excellent work! Really very interesting and detailed!

Here are a few thoughts that came to my mind while reading it:

Mika FAQ:

10. Is Mika dyslexic?

Yes, Mika has said that he’s been diagnosed with dyslexia, which caused him troubles in school and in reading, spelling, telling time, etc. However, he has dealt with his dyslexia and is now an avid reader, though he remains an unconventional speller. ;-) He has also said that his dyslexia caused him to be incapable of reading sheet music, although medically it is a different issue and has nothing to do with dyslexia proper. It has also been questioned whether Mika’s learning disability was actually dyslexia and not something else, because according to him, he started having trouble reading and writing after a traumatic bullying experience, whereas dyslexia is a genetic condition and not caused by trauma.

I think he's always been suffering form dyslexia but from a milder form until his traumatic experience exacerbated it.

(As a journalist wrote in an old article about Mika http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556)

19. Where did Mika live before?

After leaving Lebanon due to the civil war, Mika’s family moved to Paris, France (with a brief stopover in Cyprus) when he was 1 year old. He lived in Paris until he was 9, at which point his family moved again to London.

Do you mean the family had already lived in London before?

31. Where can I find Mika’s interviews and tv appearances online?

Baspanky and Sou were kind enough to upload most of Mika’s tv appearances to Youtube, although recently Bab's account has been suspended. You can still see many videos here however:

http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=MikaObsessed

----------------------

Don't u think u could add here the link to Babspanky's new videos' thread? http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13931

Thanks Mari, I'll change the wording in the final version! :thumb_yello:

That interview was very helpful. I read it before, but forgot.

--Jack

Speaking of the final version, Jack... I initially was thinking we would

wait for some kind of "official" announcement for the fan club,

but seeing as that

doesn't appear to be as imminent as I had hoped,

maybe we should forge ahead.

I'm going to see what it will take to

get this added to the FAQ link up there ^^^

And then we can get this online all in one piece :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

I just saw this in dcdeb's sig and clicked on it :naughty: but i'm to tired now (as it's almost 2AM) to read all pages so i'll just post this - i think it is #47 where you say that we don't know what andy is filming the footage for. he told us at brixton that this was for new dvd and that he had already a bit more than 100 hours of material and that they ("we") would start editing everything "tonight" (which was on the evening of 28 Feb).

and concerning #51 - he is also represented by coda http://www.codaagency.com/ or http://www.myspace.com/codaagency

Thanks Mari, I'll change the wording in the final version! :thumb_yello:

That interview was very helpful. I read it before, but forgot.

--Jack

You're welcome Jack! :)

Yeah, the interview is really very interesting!

• 2 weeks later...
A while ago, some discussions went on that resulted in requests for an official, comprehensive FAQ section for these forums. Since then, with the help of several other members, I've been working on compiling the FAQ. I have previously sent a work-in-progress version to Freddie and Dcdeb, but I have now finished the first full draft of the completed FAQ, and I am posting it for peer review.

If you have anything that you feel should be added, or if you think some of the questions should be changed in any way (whether in terms of content or wording), please post your critiques here. I'd like to especially solicit opinions on the Forum Rules statement, and the questions dealing with moderators. After the FAQ is finalized, we hope that deano can put it up as an official section of the MFC.

Also, a big round of thanks to everyone who contributed to the research and work that went into this: Yoppapop (for her initial version), Scut_Monkey, Christine, Lollipop_money, and Dcdeb!

I know it's been a long time in coming, but I think you'll see why it took me forever to compile it... :naughty:

I'm going to have to split it up into several posts.

--Jack

Thank you, Jack....very,very, very helpful :wink2::thumb_yello:

hi there! just thought i'd let you know that the links given to buy unofficial MFC Mika merchandise do not work.

http://www.cafepress.com/mikafanclub

neither does this one

http://mikafanclub.spreadshirt.net/en/GB/Shop

thank you! guylaine

Should we buy unofficial merchandise? Isn't it like buying from the street vendors at gigs? We can call it official when we are, you know, official,

I'm thinking we should also add a running list of songs we know Mika's covered. I'm feeling like I'm missing some - anyone know of any that aren't on the list?

Satellite-----------------------------------Dave Matthews Band

Can't Stand Losing You--------------The Police

You've Got The Love-------------------Candi Station

I Want You Back-------------------------The Jackson Five

Sweet Dreams----------------------------The Eurythmics

Missionary Man--------------------------The Eurythmics

Standing In The Way Of Control-----The Gossip

When Doves Cry-------------------------Prince

Same Jeans-------------------------------The View

Everybody's Talkin'----------------------Harry Nilsson

Hips Don't Lie-----------------------------Shakira

Teardrop-----------------------------------Massive Attack

Ain't Got No/I've Got Live--------------Nina Simone

I'm thinking we should also add a running list of songs we know Mika's covered. I'm feeling like I'm missing some - anyone know of any that aren't on the list?

Satellite-----------------------------------Dave Matthews Band

Can't Stand Losing You--------------The Police

You've Got The Love-------------------Candi Station

I Want You Back-------------------------The Jackson Five

Sweet Dreams----------------------------The Eurythmics

Missionary Man--------------------------The Eurythmics

Standing In The Way Of Control-----The Gossip

When Doves Cry-------------------------Prince

Same Jeans-------------------------------The View

Everybody's Talkin'----------------------Harry Nilsson

Hips Don't Lie-----------------------------Shakira

Teardrop-----------------------------------Massive Attack

Ain't Got No/I've Got Live--------------Nina Simone

He did half of Aux Champs Élysées by Joe Dassin. Does that count?

Gee, I can't think of anything else -- except maybe Killer Queen by

Queen. He sang a bit of that on one of the French interviews, IIRC,

not a true cover. And when he did the Same Jeans song, he did a bit of Walking in Memphis by Marc Cohen -- again, not a true cover.

I think it's a pretty comprehensive list...

dcdeb

Gee, I can't think of anything else -- except maybe Killer Queen by

Queen. He sang a bit of that on one of the French interviews, IIRC,

not a true cover. And when he did the Same Jeans song, he did a bit of Walking in Memphis by Marc Cohen -- again, not a true cover.

I think it's a pretty comprehensive list...

dcdeb

he didn't really have that many words correct on killer queen lol not sure if it would count