Official MIKA and MIKA FANCLUB FAQ

JackViolet

He also sang a little bit of Behind Blue Eyes...

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xlJH6ZeIw6Q

Thank you, Blue Sky for the link! I hadn't seen that before.

And I love how clicking on that link led me to click on another link and another and... :blush-anim-cl:

By the way, not to get off (on?) topic...but have we heard anything new about the officialness?

I'm doing a study for Media Studies, where I have to choose a recoding artist to do a presentation. And I chose Mika...yay.

One of the questions that I can't seem to find the answer to is:

How much money has Mika made?

I mean...he doesn't talk about it much...

One of the questions that I can't seem to find the answer to is:

How much money has Mika made?

I mean...he doesn't talk about it much...

I don't think you're going to find an answer to that. There has been some talk of the earnings of other young artists like Amy Winehouse because she recently made the Times Rich List, but Mika is not on the list.

I don't think you're going to find an answer to that. There has been some talk of the earnings of other young artists like Amy Winehouse because she recently made the Times Rich List, but Mika is not on the list.

I know. I've tried. I mean, I haven't really thought about it that often, about how much money he has made...

I know. I've tried. I mean, I haven't really thought about it that often, about how much money he has made...

I don't think that's information he's going to give up voluntarily. It probably won't be made public until he ends up on some sort of rich list somewhere.

I don't think that's information he's going to give up voluntarily. It probably won't be made public until he ends up on some sort of rich list somewhere.

That's true. I'm just telling my teacher I can't find it because if Mika doesn't want us to know...why should I include it?

That's true. I'm just telling my teacher I can't find it because if Mika doesn't want us to know...why should I include it?

You could do a ballpark guestimate based on his album sales if that would get you points for effort. But there's no telling how much he's earned from usage of his songs in adverts and television, from modelling, songwriting, touring, private gigs, etc.

You could do a ballpark guestimate based on his album sales if that would get you points for effort. But there's no telling how much he's earned from usage of his songs in adverts and television, from modelling, songwriting, touring, private gigs, etc.

Yeah I kind of did that...

seeing as Mika has sold over 5 million albums (I used the number 5.5 million...just as a guess) and seeing as most artists earn 25 cents for each CD they sell that would leave it at: $1 375 000. But you are so right about the other stuff...

Wow!! Bravo! That was amazing. I knew some of that stuff, but some of it was completely new to me. And there are all these fantastic links in the discussion. Unfortunately some of them no longer have a valid file at the other end. Romis's link to Mika's voice doing the spoken parts in Grace Kelly says the file is no longer there. One of the youtube links from Babs also has no file.

And an update for the discography... Big Girl was released in Australia on the 22nd of Feb this year. Well, it depends on which store you talk about as to the exact release date (some released on the Saturday and some on the following Monday), but it was around this date.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I miss them....

I've had a couple of queries from fans in the past few days where I had to remember the answer, whereas before I would have just sent them to the FAQ section

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a couple of queries from fans in the past few days where I had to remember the answer, whereas before I would have just sent them to the FAQ section

Yes, as we've said multiple times before, the FAQ did not transfer over from the old site. I have a copy of it, of course, but it's outdated, and really it's been replaced for the most part by kreacher's exhaustive Mika Encyclopedia. There's not much about Mika that you can't find there! :naughty:

I've been working on a quick-reference sheet - haven't had a chance to finish it yet, it's been a busy summer. :whew:

But in the meantime, I did just post some info on how to contact Mika, with his management's fanmail address, etc. Hope that will help answer all of those questions, at least!

• Like 2

Yes, as we've said multiple times before, the FAQ did not transfer over from the old site. I have a copy of it, of course, but it's outdated, and really it's been replaced for the most part by kreacher's exhaustive Mika Encyclopedia. There's not much about Mika that you can't find there! :naughty:

I've been working on a quick-reference sheet - haven't had a chance to finish it yet, it's been a busy summer. :whew:

But in the meantime, I did just post some info on how to contact Mika, with his management's fanmail address, etc. Hope that will help answer all of those questions, at least!

Thanks a lot Deb :huglove: I had missed the "how to contact Mika thread"   :baghead:  Take all the time you need, to tell the truth  I'm mostly nostalgic about the outdated copy ....would you share it here as part of MFC history please?  :puppy_eyes: (Unless it's too complicated of course)  The Encyclopedia is totally amazing and exhaustive indeed! What a huge work! :clap:  but a quick -reference sheet is a very good idea  especially for newbies who need quick basic information. :thumb_yello:

Edited by crazyaboutmika