Official MIKA and MIKA FANCLUB FAQ

JackViolet

This is great, so detailed, it will be a great asset to the MFC as we head towards officialdom.

However I do not see the answer to MY FAQ there. See siggy. :mf_rosetinted: Therefore I am slightly disappointed :mf_rosetinted:

I've come to the conclusion the trumpeter and trombonist are/were figments of my imagination!

I will remove the phone number definitely, but I am against removing the email because, again, it is the general-info email for the entire Fuerte group as stated on their website.

The Fuerte group represents not only Mika but also many other artists, and Jerry has had experience acting as a "key figure" in the promotions of "Latin sensations Ricky Martin, Marc Anthony, etc" and "his career at Columbia was also instrumental in the development of marketing and promotion campaigns for such legendary artists as Bruce Springsteen, Mariah Carey, Billy Joel, Destiny’s Child, The Fugees, Dido, Santana, and Usher."

http://www.fuertegroup.com/aboutfuerte.cfm

We can hardly paint him as a naive innocent who had no idea how popular Mika might become and who only provided contact info on the general-access Fuerte website because he thought his client wouldn't be very well known. :naughty:

--Jack

I will remove the phone number definitely, but I am against removing the email because, again, it is the general-info email for the entire Fuerte group as stated on their website.

The Fuerte group represents not only Mika but also many other artists, and Jerry has had experience acting as a "key figure" in the promotions of "Latin sensations Ricky Martin, Marc Anthony, etc" and "his career at Columbia was also instrumental in the development of marketing and promotion campaigns for such legendary artists as Bruce Springsteen, Mariah Carey, Billy Joel, Destiny’s Child, The Fugees, Dido, Santana, and Usher."

http://www.fuertegroup.com/aboutfuerte.cfm

We can hardly paint him as a naive innocent who had no idea how popular Mika might become and who only provided contact info on the general-access Fuerte website because he thought his client wouldn't be very well known. :naughty:

--Jack

:roftl: :roftl: Right on JV !!!! I WAS being naive then perhaps ..... *rolls eyes about self* ...... FUERTE ???? SURE !!! :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello::huglove:

WOOW :shocked: Thanks for all the job you've put in! It's great!! :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

As for other feedback than praise:

I do agree that too much contact information about Jerry etc is a bit unnecessary. :thumb_yello:

Some minor details:

3. What’s Mika’s nationality?

Mika is half-Lebanese and half-American, and he currently holds both British and American citizenship. He considers himself British.

Doesn't he think himself more Lebanese than anything? I may be wrong. Lebanese and British perhaps?

35. Who is the woman doing the voice in “Grace Kelly”?

A professional actress was auditioned to provide spoken-voice samples for the song to sound like “Grace Kelly.”

I think said actress does the first speaking part of the song. The last part ("Humphrey, we're leaving!") is Mika's voice high pitched.

(I think he said it in a British radio interview. Quite a while back though. Sorry, I can't help you more.)

38. Who is the woman singing with Mika in “Happy Ending”?

Ida Falk Winland, a fellow classmate from the Royal College of Music.

Not important, but she could also be called a Swedish opera singer.

(Guess where I'm from? ^^)

41. Where can I find the lyrics to Mika’s songs?

Lyrics are available on line, but an official version of the lyrics to Life in Cartoon Motion was included in the booklet of the Japanese album edition. Lyrics to individual songs not on the album itself (either from single b-sides or new songs that have been performed live but not yet released) are also put up on MFC by fans.

You can find them by using the forum search function for “song name” plus “lyrics.”

Again, not really that important (and highly confusing, I'd say). But on my version of LICM (Swedish, so I'm guessing the Scandinavian edition?), lyrics to some of the songs were in the booklet. Yeah, only some of them. :blink: I don't have it atm so I can't check, but my guess would be that it contained lyrics to roughly half the songs on the album.

46. If I see Mika after his show, can I touch his hair?

No, you should probably not. Many Mika fans will tell you that he is friendly and prone to spontaneous hugs, but he finds it odd when strangers want to touch his hair.

This, I only quoted because it's just too damn funny :lmao:

Again, brilliant job! :punk:

WOOW :shocked: Thanks for all the job you've put in! It's great!! :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

As for other feedback than praise:

I do agree that too much contact information about Jerry etc is a bit unnecessary. :thumb_yello:

Yup, that seems to be the consensus! It's edited now. :thumb_yello:

Doesn't he think himself more Lebanese than anything? I may be wrong. Lebanese and British perhaps?

Nope, despite all his talk about his Lebanese roots (good for publicity, dontcha know! :roftl:) he was recently quoted as saying that he thinks of himself as British, far as nationality (not ethnicity!) goes. Makes sense--he's lived there most of his life.

I think said actress does the first speaking part of the song. The last part ("Humphrey, we're leaving!") is Mika's voice high pitched.

(I think he said it in a British radio interview. Quite a while back though. Sorry, I can't help you more.)

You're right, but that was one of those interviews where he may have been taking the mickey and just making stuff up. I decided to just go with the simplest answer of "it's an actress" because I think that doesn't contradict the possible clarification of "it's an actress and also Mika does the last part" until we have more reliable info.

Not important, but she could also be called a Swedish opera singer.

(Guess where I'm from? ^^)

Ooooh, she's Swedish? Cool! I tried to keep these answers simple and only as relevant as they apply to Mika though. Do you think it needs to be added that she's now a professional Swedish opera singer?

Again, not really that important (and highly confusing, I'd say). But on my version of LICM (Swedish, so I'm guessing the Scandinavian edition?), lyrics to some of the songs were in the booklet. Yeah, only some of them. :blink: I don't have it atm so I can't check, but my guess would be that it contained lyrics to roughly half the songs on the album.

Yup, the lyrics that are part of the artwork come in every booklet! I assumed that anyone wanting to know the lyrics would either be asking about the songs not included with the booklet, or would not have the CD, etc.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

--Jack

Yup, that seems to be the consensus! It's edited now. :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello:

Nope, despite all his talk about his Lebanese roots (good for publicity, dontcha know!) he was recently quoted as saying that he thinks of himself as British, far as nationality (not ethnicity!) goes. Makes sense--he's lived there most of his life.

LOL :roftl:

Never heard that quote. And when you put it that way, I agree.

You're right, but that was one of those interviews where he may have been taking the mickey and just making stuff up. I decided to just go with the simplest answer of "it's an actress" because I think that doesn't contradict the possible clarification of "it's an actress and also Mika does the last part" until we have more reliable info.

I personally think he was telling the truth on that one. (Yasmine confirmed it on air. I trust her. :naughty:) But better safe than sorry I guess and leaving it like it is is fine by me.

Ooooh, she's Swedish? Cool! I tried to keep these answers simple and only as relevant as they apply to Mika though. Do you think it needs to be added that she's now a professional Swedish opera singer?

Haha I think it's pretty cool too!

As a Swede, I think it would be fun. For other people, I cannot say. :bleh:

Yup, the lyrics that are part of the artwork come in every booklet! I assumed that anyone wanting to know the lyrics would either be asking about the songs not included with the booklet, or would not have the CD, etc.

Ah, ok. :thumb_yello:

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

--Jack

No prob (I didn't help much really :roftl: ).

Thank you!

Great job Jack! And to all who assisted you (Yop, Scut, Christine, lollipop_monkey, and dcdeb). Love you gals! :wub2: Thanks for taking the time in putting this together.

pnthanx.gif

*edited - (I forgot to add a name...:doh: )

I personally think he was telling the truth on that one. (Yasmine confirmed it on air. I trust her. :naughty:) But better safe than sorry I guess and leaving it like it is is fine by me.

Really, Yasmine confirmed it? I haven't heard that, that's pretty cool! If you can link me to where she talked about it, I will add it to the answer right-off.

--Jack

A professional actress was auditioned to provide spoken-voice samples for the song to sound like “Grace Kelly.”

Really, Yasmine confirmed it? I haven't heard that, that's pretty cool! If you can link me to where she talked about it, I will add it to the answer right-off.

--Jack

Deconstruction lowered the voice on that part and it is Mika... the only reason I believe it is cause I heard it myself... I forgot about that..

Mika’s album, singles, and music videos:

----------------------

well, if anyone is interested, Mika recorded the lines 'getting angry doesn't solve anything' and 'Humphrey we're leaving', and it was set like we hear in the CD by changing the key of the recording +4 keys.

I made the changes back and showed it to the girls of the Spanish thread...If you have Realtek HD or any program to change the key of a song, you'll hear the original voice by choosing -4. It's definitively Mika...

well, not much important but I thought it was interesting :bleh:.

wav grace.wav - 0.49MB >>> "humphrey we're leaving" (by Mika's voice)

Jack!

It is awesomeness itself! Thanks so much! :thumb_yello:

On the other hand, I don't think the phone number is as widely available, and I agree that there's not really a need for it to be disseminated here.

Well, the phone numbers are readily available on both

the CD and the DVD -- you just have to be able to read the

teeny tiny print! Which is admittedly a challenge for an Oldling

like me :naughty: That's where I got the info from, btw. The email

address is on the website. So it's not like it's any big state

secret...

And, btw, also on the DVD, the Big Girl's name is Ali Richards -- she's

the one who usually performs with Ophelia Bitz, but in the DVD it's

Sandrine Peyronnenc. :)

Thanks again, Jack. This is what they call a yeoman's effort! :biggrin2:

dcdeb

well, if anyone is interested, Mika recorded the lines 'getting angry doesn't solve anything' and 'Humphrey we're leaving', and it was set like we hear in the CD by changing the key of the recording +4 keys.

Oh wow, thanks Romis and everyone else who provided more info on this! This is exactly why I wanted you guys to look over the Faq. :thumb_yello: Have changed it now!

And it's so great to finally know the answer myself!

Well, the phone numbers are readily available on both

the CD and the DVD -- you just have to be able to read the

teeny tiny print! Which is admittedly a challenge for an Oldling

like me :naughty: That's where I got the info from, btw. The email

address is on the website. So it's not like it's any big state

secret...

Oh really? Hmmm... so should we put them back in?

And, btw, also on the DVD, the Big Girl's name is Ali Richards -- she's

the one who usually performs with Ophelia Bitz, but in the DVD it's

Sandrine Peyronnenc. :)

Oh, thank you Deb! You are research queen with these things! I love how you provide details on all this just by paying attention... I have added in Ali's name now as well.

--Jack

Deconstruction lowered the voice on that part and it is Mika... the only reason I believe it is cause I heard it myself... I forgot about that..

I recall Mika saying in an interview that he had recorded those

lines himself... IIRC, he said they did use an actress for the one line,

but then he did the others himself just to get them the way

he wanted them...

That email is ok dcdeb .. I just didnt want his private one public knowledge , well it might be but I dont want to promote it :wink2::thumb_yello:

No, his private email shouldn't be made public --

I don't think it was out there, was it? I didn't include it.

It's just the general email that's on the Fuerte Mgmt website.

dcdeb

Oh really? Hmmm... so should we put them back in

No, I guess not. We don't really have any reason to be calling them,

actually, so no sense in putting them out there. :)

Oh, thank you Deb! You are research queen with these things! I love how you provide details on all this just by paying attention... I have added in Ali's name now as well.

I can't believe you pulled all this together! I'm sorry that I haven't

been able to find out who directed Big Girl, though -- it's like no

one wants to take credit for it! :naughty:

dcdeb

yeh his private email address was on earlier , swamping him with emails from MFCers is not good :boxed:

That's not true Freddie. :thumbdown: I only used the information Deb gave me.

His private email was never up there, and the address (as well as phone numbers!) provided was the information Deb got off the CD/DVD credits.

--Jack

If you have Realtek HD or any program to change the key of a song, you'll hear the original voice by choosing -4. It's definitively Mika...wav grace.wav - 0.49MB >>> "humphrey we're leaving" (by Mika's voice)

Whoa!! :shocked:

Thanks, girl! That's hilarious.

JackViolet - you're a rockstar. I shall look over this tonight. :punk:

That's not true Freddie. :thumbdown: I only used the information Deb gave me.

His private email was never up there, and the address (as well as phone numbers!) provided was the information Deb got off the CD/DVD credits.

--Jack

really ?? :shocked:

Im SURE I read it , must of needed more coffee that early :wink2:

I made the changes back and showed it to the girls of the Spanish thread...If you have Realtek HD or any program to change the key of a song, you'll hear the original voice by choosing -4. It's definitively Mika...

well, not much important but I thought it was interesting :bleh:.

thats interesting! i know he said it in an interview somewhere, but i didn't quite believe him :D