2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

I feel like this has gone too far, really.

Attacks against particular nationalities ARE NOT WELCOME on this forum!

Comments like "I'm pissed off about foreigners buying all the ticks for the UK shows" sound almost like racism to me!

I will hence ask you to calm down and try to avoid generalities.

Thanks.

I reread what I wrote and it sounded harsher than I actually meant it to so I've edited it accordingly. However please not that taking my comments out of context can draw alkl sorts of unfair conclusions.

I reread what I wrote and it sounded harsher than I actually meant it to so I've edited it accordingly.

Thanks ! :thumb_yello:

I know some of us are speaking in anger today, and really I can understand you. I couldn't approach Mika at the first gig I attended because he was mobbed by people who had seen him many times before and had already pics with him etc, so I REALLY know how it feels. But let's try to forget about our past disappointments and move on to positive things now? ok? :wink2:

Thanks ! :thumb_yello:

I know some of us are speaking in anger today, and really I can understand you. I couldn't approach Mika at the first gig I attended because he was mobbed by people who had seen him many times before and had already pics with him etc, so I REALLY know how it feels. But let's try to forget about our past disappointments and move on to positive things now? ok? :wink2:

I am sorry but a lot of people are angry today and we can't just brush it under the carpet and pretend it was all sweetness and light. I feel it is important that everyone has their own say, it is afterall a forum.

Not everything Mika related is wonderful.

Rosetinted glasses are not going to help.

I am sorry but a lot of people are angry today and we can't just brush it under the carpet and pretend it was all sweetness and light. I feel it is important that everyone has their own say, it is afterall a forum.

Not everything Mika related is wonderful.

Rosetinted glasses are not going to help.

I never said you had to do as if nothing had happened. But honnestly I will tell you this: loads of us couldn't go to London on the 28th. Didnt see the show and weren't invited to that afterparty.

So I KNOW it must be freaking frustrating to have been that close and not to have approached him , I'm sure you had greater expectations. But on the other hand, you were luckier than most people here, really! Don't you realise it? I'm asking you to try to RELATIVATE a bit and to avoid personal attacks. No more.

as I have jhust said to Niki my issue is not with foreign fans buying UK tickets but when people are not abiding by the rules of queuing and are pushing and shoving and generally not being polite. No matter WHAT nationality they are. I made a lot of friends at the London gigs and got talking a lot with people from Egypt, Portugul, France, Luxenburg, USA, Chek and Italy. My issue is that people are not following the rules of ettiquet and I think you'll fuind I said many MFC opeople were trying to queue jump and stuff also which I have mentioned also. I ALSO said if you'de care to note that it was not ALL of these people and that they KNOW who they are.

ok! :wink2:

Ok, for those complaining about people complaining that they didn't get to say hi to Mika and the whole you-should-just-have-been-happy-to-be-there... I think there is a difference between, say, waiting outside for Mika to come out and not being able to get a moment because he has limited time, and being invited to a party especially to meet him, having Mika announce he would try to work the room, and then not getting to see him due to people monopolizing his time and not giving you the same consideration you gave others.

However, for those who are worried that this has painted the MFC in a bad light to Mika and his team, I doubt it... I think they would have been too busy talking to everyone to keep track of who did and did not get to meet him, so as far as Mika was concerned, he was just doing his best to talk to everyone.

I also want to say that talking about the people who "ruined" it, it's a bit more difficult than that... I'm sure there was a handful of people who did indeed follow Mika about unnecessarily, but from what I can understand, added to that handful, you'd have other people just coming up (more assertively perhaps than those who hung back), saying hello, getting a picture and leaving. These people did not monopolize Mika and should not be blamed (not that anyone's blaming them!) but of course they contributed to the feel of a "crowd" about Mika even if they were only coming up for a minute and dropping off.

So what I'm saying is, even if Mika was busy with people and seemingly inaccessible for the entire party, it was probably just a few people who actually stuck to him and made it difficult for him to get to others.

--Jack

So what I'm saying is, even if Mika was busy with people and seemingly inaccessible for the entire party, it was probably just a few people who actually stuck to him and made it difficult for him to get to others.

--Jack

I wasn't there but i think you're right.

You know, I'm actually a fan of this fan club! This is one of the most fun places that I come to on a daily basis and truely, it's not all about Mika anymore. It's about y'all. I have met so many of y'all now and have loved every minute chatting, meeting, partying, etc.

I remember when Andy interviewed me in Glasgow. He said, "Wow, you flew all the way from Los Angeles to see Mika?" I responded..."No, I flew all the way here to meet the Fan club...they twisted my arm. :naughty: " Anyways, I said something like that. I would have never flown to Scotland had I not seen the good here in y'all. And, I truely loved everyone I met there. It was one of the most wonderful weekends.

Anyways, I love y'all. Y'all have made it an amazing year for me. Mika's just the cake..y'all are the icing. :wub2:

How sweet of you! :wub2:

The weird thing is that I have only sent a bunch of posts and nobody knows me, but I feel exactly the same way.

Logging in is just a habit now and I can't do without, even though I seldom write posts :thumb_yello:

"as I have jhust said to Niki my issue is not with foreign fans buying UK tickets but when people are not abiding by the rules of queuing and are pushing and shoving and generally not being polite. No matter WHAT nationality they are. I made a lot of friends at the London gigs and got talking a lot with people from Egypt, Portugul, France, Luxenburg, USA, Chek and Italy. My issue is that people are not following the rules of ettiquet and I think you'll fuind I said many MFC opeople were trying to queue jump and stuff also which I have mentioned also. I ALSO said if you'de care to note that it was not ALL of these people and that they KNOW who they are."

ok! :wink2:

Its not oinly people skipping the que that pissed people off, its the fact that people had been there early on in the morning and had sat in the freezng cold all day waiting in anticipation to get in and meet him then people who arived at like an hour b4 got a tik...and we were also told to stay in the que and we would get one soo the bafoons (me being one) sat waiting in the que in hope didnt get one cause the people who didnt stay and instead waited outside the backstage door got one...therefor management lied to us....

I know at the time we were all saying that it didnt matter but i think it really ruined alot of peoples days by doing that (me for one too....) they shouldnt have made it as public as they did therefor using the moto "ignorance is bliss" would fit in perfectly....instead they made it obvious and everyone who didnt get one was left feeling kinda upset....

all in all it was a bad system and badly managed....not only did i not get a wrist band even tho i qued at 9am i still somehow managed to be rite at the back cause of all the skippers!!! the numberin system reeealy didnt work AND my blooming camera ran out of battery as sooon as mika came on stage....unluky or what!!!!just wanted to cry all thru that gig...well fingers crossed next time around il be more luky :P

I never said you had to do as if nothing had happened. But honestly I will tell you this: loads of us couldn't go to London on the 28th. Didn't see the show and weren't invited to that after party.

So I KNOW it must be freaking frustrating to have been that close and not to have approached him , I'm sure you had greater expectations. But on the other hand, you were luckier than most people here, really! Don't you realise it? I'm asking you to try to RELATIVATE a bit and to avoid personal attacks. No more.

I never said I wasn't grateful. I paid for my ticket like everyone else. Getting to this gig was a logistical nightmare. I was VERY LUCKY to be in that room, I am not denying that. But I was in that room because I am a hardcore fan and yes I am one of the lucky few that Mika recognises. I can't help that Mika and his people may know who I am after 18 gigs. I do not intend this to be boastful at all. What I am trying to say is that everyone in that room was pretty much what I call a HARDCORE. We all deserved to be there. We are all grateful for being there and I am just reporting on what happened.

I am sorry you couldn't be at that gig but that is not my fault.

I would like to know if I have personally attacked anyone or if someone has personally attacked me, please bring it to my attention.

I can't help it if it went tits up and I feel I have a right to report on what actually happened. I am sorry if members do not want to know what really happened.

On a lighter note I have some lovely pics and a vid which I will upload shortly.

by girls screeching do you mean Luke screaming? :roftl:

actually it was also me..I was grazing Mika's back {whispering "amooore"}:naughty:coz i wanted him to take a pic with my friend Betta who made a wonderful fancy dress..but I failed my mission:cool:

btw, the only mika gig I went in normal dress he noticed me???:thumbdown::wub2:

I never said I wasn't grateful. I paid for my ticket like everyone else. Getting to this gig was a logistical nightmare. I was VERY LUCKY to be in that room, I am not denying that. But I was in that room because I am a hardcore fan and yes I am one of the lucky few that Mika recognises. I can't help that Mika and his people may know who I am after 18 gigs. I do not intend this to be boastful at all. What I am trying to say is that everyone in that room was pretty much what I call a HARDCORE. We all deserved to be there. We are all grateful for being there and I am just reporting on what happened.

I would like to know if I have personally attacked anyone or if someone has personally attacked me, please bring it to my attention.

I can't help it if it went tits up and I feel I have a right to report on what actually happened. I am sorry if members do not want to know what really happened.

On a lighter note I have some lovely pics and a vid which I will upload shortly.

Ignoring all the drama...they just put a stopper on the fun...I can't wait for the pics and vid:wub2:

Just to make it clear I was saying "you" referring not only to you personally.

;)

And tbh I'm actually glad I wasn't there when I read how bad it was :naughty:

But i'd love to see your pics tho ;)

yay ^^ least we can steal ur pics and say we were actually there :P (juuust kidding)

i think it was more the skippers people got annoyed with in my oppinion but i mean its done now its in teh past...hakuna matata as they say!!

actually it was also me..I was grazing Mika's back {whispering "amooore"}:naughty:coz i wanted him to take a pic with my friend Betta who made a wonderful fancy dress..but I failed my mission:cool:

btw, the only mika gig I went in normal dress he noticed me???:thumbdown:

oh so it was you :naughty:

Someone had said that "a little girl was grabbing him and calling him amore" or smth similar :roftl: :roftl:

Well,I usually go normal dressed...colorful but normal,and it never failed :lol3: