Misheard Lyrics!

I hear "fork" and like Daisylou and Silver have said, these lyrics were given to us by someone who worked with Mika and sang OMS with him on stage... I guess little doubt is left :wink2:

Oh dear :shocked: ! Another case of 'She's the one'... and my version is actually better than his, more poetic and makes more sense. I should probably offer to co-write his lyrics (one of these days my modesty is going to kill me :giljotiini:) or at least to translate into French some of his songs : a few lines of the French GK are downright ridiculous :mad: and hearing Mika sing them hurt like hell :emot-sad:! He should have had someone edit the stuff.

Oh dear :shocked: ! Another case of 'She's the one'... and my version is actually better than his, more poetic and makes more sense. I should probably offer to co-write his lyrics (one of these days my modesty is going to kill me :giljotiini:) or at least to translate into French some of his songs : a few lines of the French GK are downright ridiculous :mad: and hearing Mika sing them hurt like hell :emot-sad:! He should have had someone edit the stuff.

The French version of GK wasn't written by Mika himself but by Doriand, who's a French singer and songwriter ;)

http://www.universalmusic.fr/artiste/doriand/

I agree these lyrics are crap tho. And I don't really understand why, among all possibilities, Mika decided to collaborate with the L5's songwriter :naughty: (for those who don't know, the L5 are a very bad french imitation of the Spice Girls and most of their lyrics - if not all - are very stupid :naughty:)

The French version of GK wasn't written by Mika himself but by Doriand, who's a French singer and songwriter ;)

:naughty:)

I know, Mika introduced him on a French blog (La Rochelle, I think) as the guy who had committed :giljotiini: (not his word, mine) the lyrics. You are very kind when you describe them as 'crap', I wish I were as tolerant as you are.

Rather than quote everyone here goes.......My verdict...on the last few pages!!

I have the book and if MIKA recalled it for the colours weren't right I can't believe he never checked the lyrics...as there are soooo many mistakes....then again probably didn't as he won't have checked the music scores as he can't so maybey got someonelse to do that and they made a hash of it???

:-

Carolina sits on 95.....The I95 is the main highway in Miami...basically most people use this everyday. Carolina to me (...maybey I am wrong) ...it is astho she has been there for ages as is always standing by the highway looking for "trade".

I don't think MIKA actually knows her just knows about her like everyonelse and that is how he found out her name ...well that is how I thought about it anyway! :blush-anim-cl:...I am so innocent! :wink2: ...wonder if she knows she has a song written about her and that she is now famous all over the world?

It's "FORK " out my daylight. It is an old saying in English to fork out for something. Found this that explains it too...

This has been posted on the facebook group Mika - Life in Cartoon Motion which is run by the guy who's on the album singing the backing vocals to Over my shoulder:

Quote:

Lyrics to Over My Shoulder: (noticed that there isn't actually a correct version anywhere online)

Over my shoulder

Running away

Feels like I'm falling

Losing my day

Cold and dry

Cold and dry

Fork out my daylight

Torture my night

Feels like I'm falling

Far out of sight

Cold, drunk

Time lost

Over my shoulder

Running away

Feels like I'm falling

Losing my way

Cold, dry

Cold and dry

Fork out my daylight

Torture my night

Feels like I'm falling

Far out of sight

Cold, drunk

Cold and drunk

...Wasted... def not waisting is what I hear.

....I can get to my sleep if we'd just carried on.

Altho I used to think it was.....It's a curse your just like your Mother but it's....Is it coz your just like your Mother?

Let's hope the next cd comes with the proper lyrics and stops all this confusion but MIKA being MIKA will tease us all again...and enjoy it! :naughty:

xx

Thank you so much for the lyrics Daisy!! :thumb_yello:

I hear "Fork out"

I agree with you as for Caroline as well :D

Hope too the next CD will have a booklet with all the lyrics!

http://www.metrolyrics.com/mika-lyrics.html

Most of the lyrics are there :)

Brilliant, thanks a load. :thumb_yello: It vindicates what I have always thought I heard : 'Fog out my daylight'.

But are these lyrics any more official than others ? And as some MFCers have noticed and written on this thread, Mika likes to change words from time to time.

Hiding in Mika's closet ? Lucky you ! But what are you going to do when he goes out :wink2:...

I know i was a bit dissappointed when i got the cd cause i thought all the lyrics would be in there.

I did however buy the LICM piano, vocal and guitar book which has all the lyrics for all the songs on the album plus a few more!

Before i got the book i thought loads of words were different:roftl:especially in GK

I think this will be an interesting thread as its diffcult to work out quite a few of the lyrics, i know it took me ages to get all of the ones to HMDYLM

According to the book its 'fog out my day light', so i guess that must be right!

In regards to the "And a few more" what do you mean?

Are there any other songs in there that arn't on the album?

Sorry, I have a habit of replying to posts on the first page when the thread's already gone for ages :blush:

• 1 year later...
I only remember this one :aah:

By the time we're dreaming

And you've crept out on me sleeping

I'm busy with my peaceful underwear

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

My sister - she's 10 - was singing BIOTG some time ago

"Lay me on the giiiirls"

:das::naughty:

Edited by Dark Angel