Misheard Lyrics!

29 minutes ago, Zita said:

Such a cool and funny thread. I have listen 1000 times the origin of love. It was only couple of days ago when I realized the following:

like stupid Adam and Eve they found the love on a tree...

I never understood why are they stupid...

And I coincidently red the lyrics and realized

it used to be Adam and Eve...

shame on me😊

Read the lyrics here. It says "like stupid Adam and Eve"

36 minutes ago, Zita said:

Such a cool and funny thread. I have listen 1000 times the origin of love. It was only couple of days ago when I realized the following:

shame on me😊

You understood right first, it's " Like stupid Adam and Eve" :wink2:

Edited by krysady

40 minutes ago, Zita said:

WAIT, what... :shocked:

I had to google it now and on Genius it says stupidhttps://genius.com/Mika-origin-of-love-lyrics 

And to me it actually does make sense. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

WAIT, what... :shocked:

I had to google it now and on Genius it says stupidhttps://genius.com/Mika-origin-of-love-lyrics 

And to me it actually does make sense. 

In some lyrics on the net it says "it used to be" but it doesn't make sense. That's why I gave her the MFC comprehensive lyrics and lyrics from Mika's booklet.

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 8:41 PM, Mikasister said:

In some lyrics on the net it says "it used to be" but it doesn't make sense. That's why I gave her the MFC comprehensive lyrics and lyrics from Mika's booklet.

I’ve heard both so maybe live Mika changes it to stupid 

also regarding origin of love is the bit in the middle Latin cause all I hear is cheese balls but I know it’s not that If it is Latin I guess it can’t be translated easily 

7BD31808-9686-4EA4-8746-5E7C3AF3FF10.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

also regarding origin of love is the bit in the middle Latin cause all I hear is cheese balls but I know it’s not that If it is Latin I guess it can’t be translated easily 

But the original song says "stupid"

I know Mika changes the lyrics when he sings it live. The one I remember now is a line from "Dear jealousy" the song it says " but your tricks won't work on me" and he always sings " but your tricks don't work on me". That's Mika. :original:

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 8:52 PM, Zita said:

shame on me😊

It's definitely "stupid", and I think that can refer to several things. Stupid, as in, that stupid story the church made up. Or as in "they found their love in a tree", which is also stupid enough. Or it can also refer to being stupidly in love, not caring about the rules ("don't take the apple") but choosing love instead, with all its consequences. Which actually reminds me of Talk about you... and it just underlines the absurdity of gay love being seen as wrong by the church, as there's no difference to the love between Adam and Eve - even highlighted by the line that (god) "made them hide", so it's really the same story, no matter if it's a heterosexual or homosexual couple.

On 12/7/2021 at 9:18 AM, Rebecca Wiseman said:

I think he said at some point that it's gibberish, inspired by the Latin masses he used to sing in church. It's mocking the church.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mellody said:

It's definitely "stupid", and I think that can refer to several things.

I always thought he meant they were stupid because they listened to god that love is a sin and they must hide it, but you're right, it could be any other explanation.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 9:29 PM, krysady said:

You understood right first, it's " Like stupid Adam and Eve" :wink2:

Right, I have opened the CD cover and it is literally says this, so the internet site was wrong🙈😀

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I just randomly remembered that for quite a while I thought the lyrics in tiny love were "I couldn't train a bunch of DOGS to spell your name". The thought of Mika trying to confess his love with Mel and Amira but them not cooperating still amuses me :D

• Haha 3

When I first heard Billy Brown, for a really long time I honestly thought Mika was singing "gonna pick you up like a really good book, gonna shake the water out of every nook".

Of course I know it's 'paper cup' now but every so often my brain will still switch it to BOOK 😅

• Haha 2

Speaking of misheard lyrics, a few times now when he's sung Happy Ending live, at the part "the way you left me", I've  heard "the way you let me". Which makes no sense in the song, so it's probably just me mishearing his accentuation. 

• Like 1

Kind of humiliating but for the longest time I thought the lyric in Blame It On The Girls went "he`s got looks, stop books, take pages to tear" which I do realize makes absolutely no sense whatsoever but I just passed it off as Mika being Mika. I would quote it and sing it like this as well...I looked up the lyrics one day and was SHOCKED, I say! Everything finally made sense! :lol3:

• Haha 5