Misheard Lyrics!

Or post them here QUOTE]

It's licks her lips like they're something other

Carolina sits on ninety five

Mika's actually explained that one. It's Carolina sits on 95, in reference to route 95 in America. When he was living in Florida he either knew her or knew of her. (I'm curious to know the details if he "knew" her!)

Yes...that would be interesting to know

So in Happy Ending, is it

"I can get to my sleep I can think that we just get it on"? Because that's what I think it is, but apparently people correct me and say its "I can get to my sleep I can think that we just carried on"

well if I did you made me

won't somebody save me?

f*ck you now

I've just remembered one that I keep forgetting to add here...

OK, in My Interpretation I always heard him sing "It's really not such a sacrifice" but the music book says it's "It's really not such a sad day if I...". What does everyone else sing for that bit?

one more

in love today i ALWAYS sang it like this "Hooker what a looker"

then i read in some lyrics site "hook her nook her book her" .. hmm

i think it's sacrifice, the site's lyrics are probably incorrect

lol i know it's hard to change what u've been singing for a long time

Has Sasje told you the pizzaman thing?

I can't listen to any other world anymore without hearing that...

well that too :naughty:

yup def licks her lips like they're something other :das:

I'm curious too...i always thought it would be quite random to just ask a hooker her name :mf_rosetinted:

REALLY?! i always heard "I can get to my sleep I can be merry just carry on" :roftl:

FMBM - :lmfao: thanks for that...thatsong will never be the same again....just like in Over my shoulder - we were disputing in the "haha mika u can't read this...." thread - and someone said it's "f*** out my daylight" :roftl:

DEF sacrifice!

it's hook her, book her, nook her, walk away!

OMG when i told my mum that she swears it was pizzaman too :roftl:

isn't the mind a funny thing?! we hear lyrics a certain way and think that that's the lyric, but when others say what they hear and you go back to the song you can ach hear what that person was saying.

• 3 months later...
I've just remembered one that I keep forgetting to add here...

OK, in My Interpretation I always heard him sing "It's really not such a sacrifice" but the music book says it's "It's really not such a sad day if I...". What does everyone else sing for that bit?

yeah. on the CD it sounds like hes sayin "It's really not such a sad day if I...".

but when he sings it live he most clearly says: "It's really not such a sacrifice"

Hahahaha my friend thought that the lyrics to "my interpretation" were:

"You talk about pee

And talk about poo

And everything they do

Like its something that needs repeating"

I thought I would die laughing lol I don’t know how he came up with that he must be a guy lol it doesn’t sound a thing like that

Rather than quote everyone here goes.......My verdict...on the last few pages!!

I have the book and if MIKA recalled it for the colours weren't right I can't believe he never checked the lyrics...as there are soooo many mistakes....then again probably didn't as he won't have checked the music scores as he can't so maybey got someonelse to do that and they made a hash of it???

:-

Carolina sits on 95.....The I95 is the main highway in Miami...basically most people use this everyday. Carolina to me (...maybey I am wrong) ...it is astho she has been there for ages as is always standing by the highway looking for "trade".

I don't think MIKA actually knows her just knows about her like everyonelse and that is how he found out her name ...well that is how I thought about it anyway! :blush-anim-cl:...I am so innocent! :wink2: ...wonder if she knows she has a song written about her and that she is now famous all over the world?

It's "FORK " out my daylight. It is an old saying in English to fork out for something. Found this that explains it too...

This has been posted on the facebook group Mika - Life in Cartoon Motion which is run by the guy who's on the album singing the backing vocals to Over my shoulder:

Quote:

Lyrics to Over My Shoulder: (noticed that there isn't actually a correct version anywhere online)

Over my shoulder

Running away

Feels like I'm falling

Losing my day

Cold and dry

Cold and dry

Fork out my daylight

Torture my night

Feels like I'm falling

Far out of sight

Cold, drunk

Time lost

Over my shoulder

Running away

Feels like I'm falling

Losing my way

Cold, dry

Cold and dry

Fork out my daylight

Torture my night

Feels like I'm falling

Far out of sight

Cold, drunk

Cold and drunk

...Wasted... def not waisting is what I hear.

....I can get to my sleep if we'd just carried on.

Altho I used to think it was.....It's a curse your just like your Mother but it's....Is it coz your just like your Mother?

Let's hope the next cd comes with the proper lyrics and stops all this confusion but MIKA being MIKA will tease us all again...and enjoy it! :naughty:

xx

• 1 month later...
Another one in dispute is in Over My Shoulder: "fog out my daylight" vs. "fork out my daylight". Has that been resolved yet? I may have missed it if it was.

'Fog out my daylight', of course :exclamation: Apart from the fact that it makes much more sense, Mika sings it very slowly and you can't miss the words.

Never watched him perform it live, only on videos, but it's unbelievably touching, especially his Koko performance, when at some point his voice broke, borderline out of tune and it was even more beautiful than when he sings it completely in tune :wub2:... Is it as clear as mud or can you see what I mean ?

Has anyone come across the following beaut ? I read somewhere (AOW lyrics) 'into broken ruminants' instead of 'remnants' :clap: . Poor cattle !:sad:

daisiylou,

I really don't think you're right about the 'fork out' thing :no:.

After reading you post I watched for the third -or... tenth- time several live performances (plus the LICM version) it's always 'fog' as in 'dog' and not 'fork' as in 'dork'.

He doesn't mix up vowels sounds, even if he pronounces 'thought' differently this side or that of the pond. And the American way at the Olympia and the King's English way at the PdesP... weird.

It makes more sense too, and is more poetic : he is so miserable that he feels as if it were always dark

Anyway, thanks :huglove: for making me listen again and again to that song : I love it :wub2: ! I had decided to slow down on it, I was becoming too much of an addict but thanks to you I could do it in a good cause :wink2:.

daisiylou,

I really don't think you're right about the 'fork out' thing :no:.

After reading you post I watched for the third -or... tenth- time several live performances (plus the LICM version) it's always 'fog' as in 'dog' and not 'fork' as in 'dork'.

He doesn't mix up vowels sounds, even if he pronounces 'thought' differently this side or that of the pond. And the American way at the Olympia and the King's English way at the PdesP... weird.

It makes more sense too, and is more poetic : he is so miserable that he feels as if it were always dark

Anyway, thanks :huglove: for making me listen again and again to that song : I love it :wub2: ! I had decided to slow down on it, I was becoming too much of an addict but thanks to you I could do it in a good cause :wink2:.

Daisylou is quoting the words as given by someone who has sung it with Mika - I hardly think Mr M would tell someone the wrong lyrics, after all he wrote them :naughty:

:cheerful_h4h: I am relieved to realize that even English-speaking fans hear different words when listening to Mika’s songs : I thought it was me pretending to understand the language while it’s just him changing sounds with his incredible voice.

I had a more or less similar experience with B. Springsteen’s ‘She’s the one’ before I got hold of the lyrics. I had managed to re-write the song with the bits and pieces I could make out and when I finally read the official lyrics I was a bit disappointed ; I had kind of grown fond of my own version ! :emot-sad:

I hear "fork" and like Daisylou and Silver have said, these lyrics were given to us by someone who worked with Mika and sang OMS with him on stage... I guess little doubt is left :wink2:

Edited by Niki27