2008 - MIKA WINS SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR at the Ivors!!!

Blue Sky

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an infrequent visitor to MFC at the moment due to work but just had to pop into this thread to say many many Congratulations to Mika, this is an amazing and very well deserved award. I know WE all know how fantastic he is but it is brilliant when his talent is reconised in such an amazing way :thumb_yello::wub2: Lovely pics too! :thumb_yello::naughty:

Oh and even tho I'm married, can I join the "Mika's ruined me for all other men" club?:naughty:

Haha, yes of course!

I need to join that club too, other men are just a disappoinment. Even celebrities, it's like, well he's nice, but he's no Mika.

Mika is so amazing he not only ruins single women's hopes of a love life, but marriages and other celebrity obsessions. We love you, Mika! :roftl:

they don't really look like mika fans to me.... more like autograph seekers :blink:

Yeah, Mika seems to be unimpressed with them. He's wishing for his fans to be there instead, I'm sure. :wink2:

2. mika's butt is so flat.

3. am i the only one that giggles at his awkward gangly legs?:wub2:

No, I love them. And him. :wub2:

Mika arrives at the Ivor Novello Awards at the Grosvenor House Hotel Park lane, London, England. The Awards, nicknamed "The Ivors", take place each May and are sponsored by the Performing Right Society. They are respected worldwide as the major platform for recognising and rewarding Britain's songwriting and composing talents. The "Ivors" are the only annual event to honour the music writer. The Award itself is a solid bronze sculpture of Euterpe - the muse of lyric poetry.

uig0254750009yn8.jpg

uig0254750010pe4.jpg

uig0254750011wv3.jpg

The Award itself is a solid bronze sculpture of Euterpe - the muse of lyric poetry.

Now I get it!

The reason Mika said that he'd keep this one at home was so that he can use it as a weapon and whack people on the head with it if they break in:roftl:

Thanks for those pics Dani, here they are with no watermarks and some more:

m3kq8.jpg

m5pf2.jpg

m2ff1.jpg

Wow!Those guys behind them look like really desperate, "real" Mika fans! :roftl:

I love the expression on Mika's face on the last pic...And Yasmine has some serious backcombing going on :naughty:. Very 60's look altogether...

Wow!Those guys behind them look like really desperate, "real" Mika fans! :roftl:

I love the expression on Mika's face on the last pic...And Yasmine has some serious backcombing going on :naughty:. Very 60's look altogether...

They do look a little desparate! I bet they're not getting autographs for their daughters who were a school though! Look out on Ebay next week.:mf_rosetinted:

They do look a little desparate! I bet they're not getting autographs for their daughters who were a school though! Look out on Ebay next week.:mf_rosetinted:

The guy in the white t-shirt irritates me - they are probably sharks who

want to make a quick buck from desperate people on Ebay - Mika should

invent a different signature for folk like that so that they don't sell!!

Sorry - am grumpy tonight!!! :naughty:

Exactly what I was hinting :roftl:.

You know, that's such a great idea! They wouldn't know, but the Mika conoisseur would know and avoid them on Ebay.

Great plan!

What really bothers me (besides the obvious: selling his autograph) is that they are there, taking up the space and Mika attention that many real fans would deserve more.

yup yup yup totally agree with you!

i bet he can spot them too! :thumb_yello:

oh yeah!!! he could sign them "cupcake" :naughty: