mikaandastronautboybk3.jpg

:roftl:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, while I write my report, which will still take a while, here are a few little videos that I made at the meet and greet (I wouldn't call it an afterparty or a party, lol, it was just all of us sitting or standing there, and Mika walking around speaking to people a little and taking presents, etc...)

It was really nice, and so nice of Mika to do that, cause he looked tired and I'm sure that he didn't particularly fancy doing that, but it was really nice for us.

I would say that most people behaved very well, we did as we were told (don't get up from your chair if you're sitting, don't follow him, don't ask for pics, etc...) and Mika seemed relaxed for most of it.

I think that, at the end, he was a bit tense, as a large group of people seemed to come out of nowhere and started following him, but believe me, it was nothing compared to Brixton. I personally think that it worked out really well, and people were quite well behaved.

Maybe the assertive way in which those security guys managed it, making it clear in no uncertain terms that they would stop it in a second (and Mika would leave) if people crossed the line, helped to keep everyone in check.

Mika walked around the room and I shot a few random bits of video of different moments. I should have done more, but I wasn't really thinking to be honest, haha!

One of the bits I have on camera is of just after we'd given him the RAH petition. Well, the book part of it.

What happened is that earlier in the day, when John was out there, he said to me that he didn't know if Mika would come out at the end, so I decided to give the petition Tshirt and bag to him in order to make sure that Mika got it. It's a shame that we didn't get to see his face when he received it, but seeing as John was a bit dubious of whether Mika would come out, I decided that it was best to be sure and give it to him when I had the chance, via John.

I explained the idea to John, who had this amused little look on his face, haha! He's so sweet, really.

Anyway, at the M&G things were rushed (too many people for Mika to see, plus they had told us that he wouldn't speak) so I didn't quite want to go into too much detail; I just gave him the book (with Louiza and Violet_Sky wo were sitting next to me) and we got a bit of a reaction from him.

Unfortunately due to how things were organised, we couldn't have the whole "RAH team" together doing it, it was a matter of sitting where we could as we walked into the room.

So I handed him the book saying it was a petition and he laughed and said "you and your petitions". HAHA!

Then he started saying that it was a hard venue to play, and I didn't quite get why he meant that, but it wasn't the best situation to go into a lot of detail I don't think, so we'll see!

Because he had obviously already gotten the Tshirt via John so he knew about it he wasn't surprised by it, and went straight into the detail of it, but I don't think that we got a clear answer as to why he thought it was a hard venue. Hmmm. At this point I thought that I'd video it, so that we could all see his reaction, but then he started pointing his finger at the camera and laughing, saying that he wouldn't tell cause I was filming. LMAO, that was quite funny.

This is the video:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38036339

What he didn't know, and neither did I, was that Louiza was busy recording the whole chat, so she should have a nice video for us with the whole exchange. I really can't wait to see it, cause Mika's reaction "you and your petitions" was really funny.

Ah and then he was on his way, but he noticed others wearing the Tshirt and he made a comment like "more of those Tshirts, how many people are in them?"

Poor guy was shocked.

This is the video where he said that (very short, sorry):

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38035863

And here a couple more random vids of the M&G.

On one you can see Mika receiving Phunkygal's little duct tape Happy Endingtype puppet, although there is no sound as I was far.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38035478

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38037663

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38037811

They are not marvellous, but they give a bit of an idea of what it was like in there. I will upload my proper gig videos a bit later, after they have converted, but they should be quite good, as we had a nice spot and Mika spent a lot of time on that side of the stage.

Oh and I will report properly on the gig later as well, but just as a starter: it was fantastic!

Lovely report, thanks Sara.

Awww the sweet hug Mika gave Rose, very well deserved. :wub2:

Thanks everyone for the reports and pictures, i feel like i was actually there with you. Thanks so much :huglove:

I am back....but that's about all you will hear from me now,I have to sleep,and hug a heater or something

Amsterdam is a very cruel city...and I have to find scissors to cut my wristband. My very helpful friend was trying to get it off last nicght,but he just wrinkled it. The bracelet is no match for mexican force me friends :glasses2: Know that...keep it in mind....learrrrn from it! (that was in scottish accent )

Ma daaaa' :lmao:

Here some more...

Great pictures!! And welcome to our crazy MFC!!

And sariflor, your report had me hanging on every word, can't wait for more, and more vids and Lousiza's too.

I wonder why he think RAH is so hard.....

Here is my vid of Rain! I actually think it's great! ^-^

> Rain at Amsterdam Westerpark

This vid is the intro of Love Today. Where Grey Skelly broke a bit... aww

>

Here are some of my pics:

080708_001.jpg

080708_009.jpg

080708_015.jpg

080708_019.jpg

080708_024.jpg

More of them are on here

> click!!

So I handed him the book saying it was a petition and he laughed and said "you and your petitions". HAHA!

Here's that moment captured in a pic!

080708_031.jpg

:naughty:

ok, guess you got all the info already, so here just some pix (more, plus videos, tomorrow):

amsterdam04a.jpg

the big girls threw that thing into the crowd, not sure what it was supposed to be, maybe a diet coke?

amsterdam07a.jpg

amsterdam10a.jpg

stuck in the middle singing competition - our side won! *g*

amsterdam12a.jpg

amsterdam15a.jpg

amsterdam17a.jpg

amsterdam17b.jpg

Here is my vid of Rain! I actually think it's great! ^-^

Here are some of my pics:

080708_009.jpg

080708_015.jpg

080708_019.jpg

080708_024.jpg

More of them are on here

> click!!

080708_031.jpg

joseole these pics are great quality!:shocked:

thanksfor sharing!!!!

and the last pic is brilliant:roftl:

Ok, while I write my report, which will still take a while, here are a few little videos that I made at the meet and greet (I wouldn't call it an afterparty or a party, lol, it was just all of us sitting or standing there, and Mika walking around speaking to people a little and taking presents, etc...)....

Brilliant videos Sara :wink2:

The one about the t-shirts is so funny :roftl: And is that you saying "Ya much better than Paris" ? :naughty:

Ok,here is my report;

PART1,

I left my home with my best-friend at 10 o clock.

We were going to the concert with 4 people.

2 of us leaving home at 10(me and my best friend)

and the other 2 at 14.00u

Me and my best-friend were planning to go with the car til Tilburg

(= the nearest city when crossed the border in the Netherlands from where I live)

and from there we would take the train/tram/bus.

The other 2 would go with the car.

The day before the concert me and my best-friend where working on how to get there with public transport for ourselves

and how to get there with the car and to find a good and cheap parking for the other two and how they

should go from the parking to the Park with public transport.

It took us till 2.00 in the morning because of several reasons I'm not going to mention here.

Me and my friend took only the necessarily papers with us to go with the train and stuff.

But when we arrived at Tilburg we couldn't find a parking-place where we could park the car till after 2.30u.

So we missed the train and the next one also.

Because of that we decided to go to Amsterdam with the car instead but we gave the necessarily papers for getting there by car

to our other friends.

On the way to Amsterdam there was a traffic-jam, which took us more than an hour.

I was thinking this situation is going totally wrong.

Besides that, We got to Amsterdam very easy but we ended up on the wrong side of Amsterdam.

between 1 and 2 hours later we found the Parking we planned for our friends.

Now we had to find a way to get to the Westerpark with public transport.

The bus-driver we asked information at didn't felt the need to be helpfull,so finely we figured it out ourselves.

At 15.30u we arrived at the park. hehe

So a drive that supposed to take 2 hours something took us more than 5 hours.

When we arrived at the Westerpark there weren't that much people like I had expected to be.

It seemed our part of bad look was changing.

I felt really lucky because we could sit at the cueue. it was totally different from the Vorst gig last year.

It supposed to be a very rainy day with lightning but that wasn't the matter. Sometimes it rained a little but it wasn't that bad.

When we were waiting in the cueue we could hear the soundchecks and people went a bit crazy.

It was funny,and I really enjoyed the soundchecks.

Here a picture of the MFC'ers looking over the fences (at that time i didn't know for sure they where MFc'ers)

s6300098ru0.jpg

Video of a soundcheck;

http://www.4shared.com/file/54499181/b8c01746/S6300100.html?dirPwdVerified=5ab8fa2c

I'm quite late with my report, but I stayed in a hostel without internet :blush-anim-cl:

Sam Sparro was okay to me, I liked his music, his performance and his colourfull poncho. I disliked Hercules and love affair. I don't know what it was exactly, but they didn't get 'contact' with te audiance. In my opinion they just played two really long songs... At the second song from Hercules and love affair everyone started to scream 'Mika'!!!

Mika's show started real quick at 9.30, and it was as good as everyone subscribed already. I made a lot of pictures, and I'm going to try to put them on the internet (link will come). I've always such of trouble with placing my pics :blush-anim-cl:

It was very difficult for me to recognize people from the MFC. I think I met some of you, not aware of the fact you were from te MFC. I don't know who made the microphone, but did she get backstage? She was waiting at an entrance at the venue, and was told to leave (security).

I was backstage too! When the lightning began, I was a little bit scared, and the rain wasn't that nice either. :bleh: But I'm glad I've waited. I hadn't got the change of going on a picture with Mika (I gave him a hand), but I recogniced myself in one of the pictures from Moonlightchild! So I'm really happy she made that picture :thumb_yello:

I've been to one of his shows earlier, but it was really surprising again! Next time I'll try to meet you guys too (maybe I can study photo's or something :bleh:)