Introducing myself... at last.

:wheelchair:Dear MFC members,

I joined the fan club about five months ago, on the rebound from being unable to go to London on February 28th (no circle seats left, too old to watch the show standing) and I had discovered Mika on cable too late to go to Paris and the Olympia. I must say that I am finding it very frustrating to enjoy his gigs vicariously, although I am hugely grateful to the fans who put their recordings on the Internet, and having lately realized what an incredibly kind and generous man he is I am even more anxious to see him on stage. Hopefully next winter…

Aged 92, I may well be his oldest fan. His music makes me feel happy and much younger. Even his dark lyrics don’t spoil that feeling as they add to his songs a subtlety that many songwriters are lacking. No wonder he has four-generation audiences : he is universal.

All my messages are translated by my daughter. We have a deal : she screwed up her MFC registration and I let her use my space here, and she translates every thread I want to post and those from you she believes might interest me.

In the same way she is going to translate the birth chart I am drawing for Mika’s birthday even though not knowing the time of his birth prevents me from doing a thorough job of it. You see, music is not my only passion, astrology is one of them. Having passions when you are very old keeps your mind sharp, don’t you think ? Unfortunately I won’t be able to share the completed horoscope with you all : too personal, I don’t think Mika would like that.

xxx Marie-Andrée

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely to see you introduce yourself. I enjoyed your reports from

Lebanon!! Please drop into the Oldlings sometime, and bring your

daughter to translate - we have a great time in there, and its one

of the friendliest threads on the MFC!!! :thumb_yello:

Welcome to the MFC :naughty:

We have discussed Mika's birth chart on the forum before - I can find you the threads if you would like - but agree that without the time of birth it can't be complete.

Mika makes all us Oldlings feel young.:thumb_yello:

Welcome, it's great to have you here.

You do horoscope charts?

I would love one, never got around to having one done, if you get your daughter to pm me, I can give you my details.

Welcome to the MFC :naughty:

We have discussed Mika's birth chart on the forum before - I can find you the threads if you would like - but agree that without the time of birth it can't be complete.

Mika makes all us Oldlings feel young.:thumb_yello:

Dear Silver,

Yes, I would love to read the threads about his birthchart.

Actually I had pestered my daughter so much before she went to Beirut that at the end of the press conference she approached Mrs Penniman, first to thank her for something adorable she and her son had done, then to ask her about Mika's birth time.

I could not go to Beirut, it is too long a journey and heat is bad for elderly people, but if I had been there I would have asked Mika himself after the press conference. My daughter told me that he was surrounded by a swarm of people wanting something from him (a word, an autograph) and looked so tense and exhausted that she would have hated herself for bothering him further.

I can see her point but I intend to do a proper job of the birth chart and it is very frustrating not to be able to do it thoroughly just because I don't have the full data. Well, I suppose frustration is a natural feeling to have when you are over 90, no longer your own master and have to depend on well meaning people to make decisions for you...

As I am very stubborn (always have been, unlikely to change now) I intend not to release my work till I get the bloody time and I can complete it ; if necessary I will give Mika another birthday present (or Christmas present, come to that) and hopefully having got the information will be able to give him the horoscope on Valentine's day ! Unless I die before : time is of the essence when you are nearly 93.

Several MFC members have asked me to join the Oldlings. Like Mr Penniman I hate labels and I think that having contacts through the FC with so many different people is a great part of the fun but how can you contact that club for over 60-year-young members ?

Thanks for your welcoming post.

x Marie-Andrée

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1728151#post1728151

Here is the link to the Oldlings - if you ever want to pop in to meet us :wink2:

We got our name because, back in March 2007, the Younglings was formed for

those under 20, then there was the Middlings for 20 - 30, and so we ended up as the Oldlings for anyone over 30!! :roftl: We have survived the test of time, and Mika is aware of our existance as well :roftl:

I joined the fan club about five months ago, on the rebound from being unable to go to London on February 28th (no circle seats left, too old to watch the show standing) and I had discovered Mika on cable too late to go to Paris and the Olympia. I must say that I am finding it very frustrating to enjoy his gigs vicariously, although I am hugely grateful to the fans who put their recordings on the Internet, and having lately realized what an incredibly kind and generous man he is I am even more anxious to see him on stage. Hopefully next winter…

Aged 92, I may well be his oldest fan. His music makes me feel happy and much younger. Even his dark lyrics don’t spoil that feeling as they add to his songs a subtlety that many songwriters are lacking. No wonder he has four-generation audiences : he is universal.

All my messages are translated by my daughter. We have a deal : she screwed up her MFC registration and I let her use my space here, and she translates every thread I want to post and those from you she believes might interest me.

In the same way she is going to translate the birth chart I am drawing for Mika’s birthday even though not knowing the time of his birth prevents me from doing a thorough job of it. You see, music is not my only passion, astrology is one of them. Having passions when you are very old keeps your mind sharp, don’t you think ? Unfortunately I won’t be able to share the completed horoscope with you all : too personal, I don’t think Mika would like that.

xxx Marie-Andrée

Welcome to the MFC! :punk:

Already enjoying your company in the forum. :)

Welcome, it's great to have you here.

You do horoscope charts?

I would love one, never got around to having one done, if you get your daughter to pm me, I can give you my details.

Dear RAK1,

What about a bit of swapping : you find Mika's birth time for me and I draw your horoscope?

Seriously when you go really deep into astrology it has nothing to do with what you find in magazines or on the Internet. Each birth chart is a whole universe... and a horoscope without the time of birth is like the Milky Way with at least one third of the constellations missing.

I could of course deduce the likely position of the different houses using the little we know about Mika and his past. For instance the explosion of fame and success of the last 12 or 14 months might be connected with the passage of Jupiter or another slow planet on one of the angles of his map of the heavens (first or tenth house, for instance) although at the same time Jupiter was transiting his native Jupiter then his native Moon and was forming a triangle with first his native Mars then his native Sun, which amply justifies what has been happening to him since mid-2007.

I am getting a bit technical ? Sorry about that but you can actually be wise after the event. For instance, when I started studying astrology I couldn’t understand how my youngest child’s ascendant could be in Libra where she already had four planets ; that just didn’t correspond to what I knew of her. It later turned out that she had been born at 9.22 instead of 9.30 : her father told me that he had had a look at his watch the minute she was born but apparently the civil servant who had registered her birth had decided to round up the time.

So I could try to deduce Mika’s time of birth, but that would be a waste a time and energy as I might make mistakes.

Wiltshire ? Lucky you ! I love Britain and haven’t been there for ages. I would like to watch at least one of Mika’s gigs in London but will probably have to make do with his next concert in Paris (less than four hours by train, much wiser) and anyway no matter where, that would be a dream come true. At last.

Thanks for welcoming me into the FC. You are right : we are in this together.

x Marie-Andrée

hi! thats awesome!! personally i'm not much of a fan of horoscopes but it's always awesome to have a new member!!

i too am desperate to see mika live!! oh well one day maybe xD

No maybe about it ! If Humphrey can't make the drive, you'll ride a racing horse to get there. Look at me : very likely 93 when Mika's next album is released and still planning to see him live... We just can't accept not to watch one of his shows as we already love his music and have been reading and hearing about how undescribably magical they are. We too deserve the magic, don't we ?

Not much of a fan of horoscopes ? No wonder if you mean the crap you find in magazines. But believe me, astrology studied properly helps get a different knowledge of human beings. I didn't get into it before I retired and since then have found it more and more fascinating. Very different from what I did for a living (I was an antique dealer then a clothes designer) but that's the whole point about hobbies, doing something unusual like Ingres playing the violin for fun. Or Mika mountain climbing ? Not really surprising as it probably demands energy and concentration, qualities he displays on stage or in studios.

x Marie-Andrée

I love your posts! It is great to have someone so wise (at last!:naughty:) here on the MFC. Sometimes we can get a little 'waylaid' by silly topics and threads and sometimes as in all walks of life, people can be very unkind.

I do so hope that you get to see Mika live......it is something that everybody should do at least once if at all possible in my opinion. My life has certainly changed since i saw him for the first time. I have made so many good friends through MFC, it is truely a fantatsic community...for all ages.

Dear RAK1,

What about a bit of swapping : you find Mika's birth time for me and I draw your horoscope?

Seriously when you go really deep into astrology it has nothing to do with what you find in magazines or on the Internet. Each birth chart is a whole universe... and a horoscope without the time of birth is like the Milky Way with at least one third of the constellations missing.

I could of course deduce the likely position of the different houses using the little we know about Mika and his past. For instance the explosion of fame and success of the last 12 or 14 months might be connected with the passage of Jupiter or another slow planet on one of the angles of his map of the heavens (first or tenth house, for instance) although at the same time Jupiter was transiting his native Jupiter then his native Moon and was forming a triangle with first his native Mars then his native Sun, which amply justifies what has been happening to him since mid-2007.

I am getting a bit technical ? Sorry about that but you can actually be wise after the event. For instance, when I started studying astrology I couldn’t understand how my youngest child’s ascendant could be in Libra where she already had four planets ; that just didn’t correspond to what I knew of her. It later turned out that she had been born at 9.22 instead of 9.30 : her father told me that he had had a look at his watch the minute she was born but apparently the civil servant who had registered her birth had decided to round up the time.

So I could try to deduce Mika’s time of birth, but that would be a waste a time and energy as I might make mistakes.

Wiltshire ? Lucky you ! I love Britain and haven’t been there for ages. I would like to watch at least one of Mika’s gigs in London but will probably have to make do with his next concert in Paris (less than four hours by train, much wiser) and anyway no matter where, that would be a dream come true. At last.

Thanks for welcoming me into the FC. You are right : we are in this together.

x Marie-Andrée

I can try, not sure when I'll get to talk to him again, probably not until the next time he tours, but you never know, I deliver around London quite a bit. So I'll make sure I keep it in mind.

Would be great for you to come over to a show here, but I know how tiring travel can be, my aunt is coming up to 90 and she finds it hard. But I hope to go to some of the French shows next time around, Paris this time was fantastic, so hopefully we'll meet, that would be fantastic.

I love how passionate you are about astrology, and how precise a science it is, that a minute or two off either way can completely change a reading. It's fascinating.

Look forward to hearing from you.

xxx Marie-Andrée

Nice to see Mika's oldest fan...mmmmmm...dunno what more (smart) can i say except :welcomeani:marie-andrée ...