Who else is tired of Mika?

JackViolet

Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?

• Yes, and he should use his birthday tea set!
    • Yes, and he should use the musical tea-cup Jack so thoughtfully gave him in Philadelphia
    • Yes, and he should have a tea party with his sisters and Andy
    • Yes, and he should do all of the above
    • No, because I hate all things Mika and tea-related.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we can't deny that without his financial participation, the website wouldn't have been able to last, technically talking... all the "down MFC" alert bulletins on myspace should help the doubtful ones to realize that it needs money to run a website, even if you don't care about what's said in it :naughty: ...

and that i believe was a nice thing to do from him, and might even be THE purely kind and gentle move from him... just kidding... it would have dissolved a huge fanbase if the site had been down for "good". and even if they would have gone to other websites and other fanclubs (for sure), this is still the hugest fanbase he could ever dream of : from the beginning, early beginning, a huge number of fans and still growing, following him like EVERYWHERE, supporting him no matter what, etc. Even the facebook MFC (which is a baby of this one) is far to get any close to the mfc domination :naughty:

2nd : people who don't like someone are more likely to creating blogs (individual blogs) where they talk about how much they hate this person... some haters got together and have been into tiny groups of haters, but nothing close to a "real" haterclub... haters get tired of the ones they hate and get to hate someone else...

anywaaaaaaaaay...

about the "don't let me start about the officialness", it was more a tease than a real comment... the important message was in the following of the message, not in this stupid 1st sentence... may i write it again :

being serious 2 seconds, cause i can do that : WHAT (on earth) would he have to write on here ???????????????? "it's true, i'm fabulous beyond nature" or "no no no !! girls, you're wrong !!! i do fart and it doesn't smell good at all, i guarantee !!!!" :blink: ME thinks he would have nothing to do here the way the forum has become (not saying good or bad, don't misquote me).

we can't deny that without his financial participation, the website wouldn't have been able to last, technically talking... all the "down MFC" alert bulletins on myspace should help the doubtful ones to realize that it needs money to run a website, even if you don't care about what's said in it :naughty: ...

and that i believe was a nice thing to do from him, and might even be THE purely kind and gentle move from him... just kidding... it would have dissolved a huge fanbase if the site had been down for "good". and even if they would have gone to other websites and other fanclubs (for sure), this is still the hugest fanbase he could ever dream of : from the beginning, early beginning, a huge number of fans and still growing, following him like EVERYWHERE, supporting him no matter what, etc. Even the facebook MFC (which is a baby of this one) is far to get any close to the mfc domination :naughty:

2nd : people who don't like someone are more likely to creating blogs (individual blogs) where they talk about how much they hate this person... some haters got together and have been into tiny groups of haters, but nothing close to a "real" haterclub... haters get tired of the ones they hate and get to hate someone else...

anywaaaaaaaaay...

about the "don't let me start about the officialness", it was more a tease than a real comment... the important message was in the following of the message, not in this stupid 1st sentence... may i write it again :

Off topic now-Not that it matters, heheh, but just to warn you:

Yop, I just love the way that you so are here:naughty:....Maybe you should change your user title one of these days :fisch:

Off topic now-Not that it matters, heheh, but just to warn you:

Yop, I just love the way that you so are here:naughty:....Maybe you should change your user title one of these days :fisch:

off topic ??? are you kidding me now ??? :blink: what about all the debates about fangurlishness and who is, who isn't, old gigs and videos, then ??

i was just replying to bab and sarahfromparis... couldn't be more on topic since the real message here is : his blog has his place in the world cause there is no way it could be done here :bleh: he just has to shut up from time to times :fisch::naughty:

and i'm far from being as "there" as i've been before, compared to you all who are still active on the forum (not that i say it's wrong, not at all, just saying i'm not)... and i doubt i'll ever be to be honest :wink2:

off topic ??? are you kidding me now ??? :blink: what about all the debates about fangurlishness and who is, who isn't, old gigs and videos, then ??

i was just replying to bab and sarahfromparis... couldn't be more on topic since the real message here is : his blog has his place in the world cause there is no way it could be done here :bleh: he just has to shut up from time to times :fisch::naughty:

and i'm far from being as "there" as i've been before, compared to you all who are still active on the forum (not that i say it's wrong, not at all, just saying i'm not)... and i doubt i'll ever be to be honest

:bonk:Chiiiill, I meant that MY post was off topic.

How could I ever say that your one was off topic? Like you say, you were replying to the other comments. Give me some credit here, hehe :bleh:.

You really make me worry about your sanity here :naughty:.

Oh, and I actually agreed with what you said anyway, lol!

Yoppa and Babs- are you really saying you'd start another fanclub, out of your own money, for Mika if he closed MFC down for criticising him?

Mika closing us down is something that quite a few of us have talked about for some time, so we have talked about how we would carry on if MFC wasn't there for any reason.

Not me and Yop, but others too. The thing is this has become more than Mika for me, there are people here that want to keep in touch with each other anyway, so that's one element of it.

We have people here who can sort out a new forum and get a decent deal on a server, so it would have to be paid for but if we all clubbed together it would be minimal.

I guess we will never know what would happen unless it does!

May I consider this brilliant sentence this week's Words of Wisdom?

I will now go and print it.

Maybe I will start a collection and bind them into a book for Mika. Any suggestions for the cover artwork? :bleh:

Mika closing us down is something that quite a few of us have talked about for some time, so we have talked about how we would carry on if MFC wasn't there for any reason.

WHAT?? :( why would he do that? we're like the best fans EVER!! :wub2:

Not me and Yop, but others too. The thing is this has become more than Mika for me, there are people here that want to keep in touch with each other anyway, so that's one element of it.

We have people here who can sort out a new forum and get a decent deal on a server, so it would have to be paid for but if we all clubbed together it would be minimal.

I'm impressed- I think. I'd like to keep in touch with people, but would probably lose interest in Mika if he closed us for that reason.

Why has it been discussed so much? Like Agathaxxx, I don't see why he'd do that- he knew what he was buying. The helping out finacially idea makes more sense to me, even if Yoppa was being sarcy.

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

To be honest i don't think he comes here at all, otherwise he'd be posting right here instead of having created his brand new website right after buying this place and making it "official", don't you think so ?

No, not at all. Why would he post here? This is a place for his fans to talk to each other. Mikasounds serves a dozen other purposes for Mika that have absolutely nothing to do with this forum.

And Mika hasn't created his new website yet. They've just thrown a blog up as a stop-gap and a preview. The site is still to come.

Still... even if neither the MFC nor Simon Cowell exactly rule his life, i can still understand why some people found this thread slightly rude, or at least not very nice... i know i did... and even if he doesn't give a damn, which is highly probable, i agree with you on that point, it doesn't make the whole thing less rude... that's my opinion... :blink:

Who exactly is this thread rude to? Mika? This is not Mika's email inbox, this is a forum for fans to share their opinions with one another. Mika is not a member here and he doesn't participate in this forum.

Since no one here is addressing Mika and you said yourself that you don't think he's even reading MFC, then how is it rude?

Maybe he'll even write a f***-off song in my honor? If it's as good as "Grace Kelly," I'll consider myself a satisfied muse. :mf_rosetinted:

If you can squeeze another masterpiece like Grace Kelly out of him I will start the JackViolet Fan Club. :bow:

Technically, if the MFC was to be anything close to official, the site could have been hosting his blogs in a separate section, for instance...

Technically, you don't host a blog inside a message forum. Why would he would do that under any circumstances?

I'm impressed- I think. I'd like to keep in touch with people, but would probably lose interest in Mika if he closed us for that reason.

I think I get your point...why would we be fans of some jerk who would shut us down? Personally I don't fear he will shut down MFC, but there's always the chance that things could change to the point where it's no longer the forum we want. A fan club and a message board are two separate things. We can be Mika's "official" fans and still carry on socializing somewhere else.

Not only is that possible, it's the genesis and history of MFC. Mikasounds had every possible advantage starting out. It was advertised everywhere as Mika's official site and I'm sure every one of us gravitated there first in the early days. But for various reasons it did not prove a fertile ground for creating this kind of community and MFC quickly sprung up to fill that void.

If it happened once almost by accident it could easily happen again because the core of this community is now solid, portable and extremely resourceful.

Anyway, just for the record I don't have any concerns about this happening at the moment. But you know people speculate about these things for the same reasons they speculate about everything to do with Mika and MFC. That's just what we do around here. :wink2:

I think I get your point...why would we be fans of some jerk who would shut us down? Personally I don't fear he will shut down MFC, but there's always the chance that things could change to the point where it's no longer the forum we want. A fan club and a message board are two separate things. We can be Mika's "official" fans and still carry on socializing somewhere else.

Not only is that possible, it's the genesis and history of MFC. Mikasounds had every possible advantage starting out. It was advertised everywhere as Mika's official site and I'm sure every one of us gravitated there first in the early days. But for various reasons it did not prove a fertile ground for creating this kind of community and MFC quickly sprung up to fill that void.

If it happened once almost by accident it could easily happen again because the core of this community is now solid, portable and extremely resourceful.

Anyway, just for the record I don't have any concerns about this happening at the moment. But you know people speculate about these things for the same reasons they speculate about everything to do with Mika and MFC. That's just what we do around here. :wink2:

Thanks Christine, as always you put it better than I ever could.

One of the concerns was, as you say, that Mika would change the forum in some way so that it would not be the place that we know and love. I agree with the last paragraph, but there was a time when we thought it a bit more possible than at the moment and it's always good to have a contingency plan!

Yoppa and Babs- are you really saying you'd start another fanclub, out of your own money, for Mika if he closed MFC down for criticising him?

NEVER ERVER said that !!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

i said i'm sure other people would create another one but it would never be as "important" as the MFC has been... that's all... never said I would, didn't even say i would join, cause i would do none...

NEVER ERVER said that !!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

i said i'm sure other people would create another one but it would never be as "important" as the MFC has been... that's all... never said I would, didn't even say i would join, cause i would do none...

It's OK, we know where to find you.....

oh God... i didn't want you all to worry like that !! Relax, i'm sure Mika won't close the MFC, even if it turns reaaaally nasty !!!!

Remember what he said in the first DVD, after all, Grace Kelly wasn't even written about Simon Cowell :wink2:

Having said that, i don't want to start an endless controversy so i'll just answer one of Christine's questions : I, personnally, found this thread rude.

I know i'm not the only one, and many people have posted here saying they found it rude and worrying about what Mika would think if he ever read it or heard about it through people who work with him.

Of course this place isn't his mailbox, but it is about him and about his fans.

A lot of people appreciated his blogs an the time he spent doing them, and found this thread disrespectful. So yes, i personnally think that a thread called "who else is tired of Mika", asking him to basically shut up, is rude and has nothing much to do in a so-called "fan club". That's all.

Having said that, i'm not going to read this thread anymore, and i highly suggest people who are tired of Mika's blog to do the same with Mikasounds instead of criticizing it... :bye:

No, not at all. Why would he post here? This is a place for his fans to talk to each other. Mikasounds serves a dozen other purposes for Mika that have absolutely nothing to do with this forum.

I agree, but (minor quibble, not a criticism) what you say kind of contradicts the blurb for the members only section

Extra downloads, gossip, messages from Mika and more are in here for Club Members Only. If you are not a member, register now for free!

I guess there were some in the past?

It's too strong to say I was disappointed when I got round to joining but... I noticed

I agree, but (minor quibble, not a criticism) what you say kind of contradicts the blurb for the members only section

I guess there were some in the past?

Hmmm...not sure what's that's about to be honest. He certainly hasn't posted any messages here himself!