Go to MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 4)

Fmbm

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The thing with Erase is, not singing high, it's more evident he has some voice vices that should correct. Like nasalization or bad projection, not to mention that if you listen to the demos, he's even a bit out of phase and has air scape :boxed:

i don't know what it is but when he goes ERAAAASE!!!!!!!

:hair:

i don't know what it is but when he goes ERAAAASE!!!!!!!

:hair:

Can't compare that to the higher notes of Love Today though :naughty:.

I guess that recorded high notes are ok, but when he does the songs live, it's hard for him to get them properly, and it sort of detracts off the whole thing imo.

Plus, as he often has voice problems, like colds or throat infections, it affects his ability to sing the songs as they were intended, and I think that if he sung lower notes it would give him a nice break when he sings live. Sometimes it's painful to watch him struggle to hit the note, and it makes me a bit uncomfortable. Its' happened a few times, so enough for me to see it as a semi usual occurrence rather than a very isolated fact.

Maybe I'm a perfectionist and expect every performance to be that, perfect, but in my eyes it counts.

And of course I say this with all the good intention and love of the world, merely as constructive criticisim.

lol strangely the high notes in Love today are totally ok for me:roftl:

maybe romi is right it's not the high notes that bothers me but something is just wrong with ERASE:blink:

Edited by dilek

las posibilidades son infinitas that's Spanish :mf_rosetinted:

But I was joking earlier !Of course he said in French :bleh:

It's not French...it's 100% Hercules Poirot!!! :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

Do grow a moustache, M! :floor:

Always LMHO with the Mastah :wub2:

maybe romi is right it's not the high notes that bothers me but something is just wrong with ERASE:blink:

It's just flat like Romi said and LOUD.

It's okay. I think Mika knows it sucks which is why it didn't make the cut on most versions of the album.

I don't mind Mika's imperfections in live singing, but I do wish he'd use the falsetto a little more sparingly in the studio to start with. I mean if the dog is howling it's time to bring it down a notch man. :naughty:

Me too - and turnips are a lot harder to carve than pumpkins!! :naughty:

Our turnips are much bigger than that. Have a look at Babs avatar!! :thumb_yello:

We always carved out turnips at Halloween - and put little night

lights in them!! My mum would use the insides for mashed turnip,

or in the veg soup!!

Babs, Wendi- that thing in Babs' avatar is a swede!

My mom used to force my dad to make a halloween lantern out of one when I was a kid- though even then (about 1970) grocers in Rhiwbina, Cardiff, were selling pumpkins which were bigger and easier to carve. (And possibly tasted nicer- mum made us eat the inside of the swede as well.)

We tried to introduce trick or treating to all the neighbours as well, but though we explained patiently every year, they'd always forgotten the next year so we never got any treats- or played any tricks either, because our parents said it wasn't fair if people didn't know the custom.

I don't mind Mika's imperfections in live singing, but I do wish he'd use the falsetto a little more sparingly in the studio to start with. I mean if the dog is howling it's time to bring it down a notch man. :naughty:

:lmfao:

I agree. He has a lovely falsetto, but it's pretty boring when he uses it in every line of every song :naughty:

lol strangely the high notes in Love today are totally ok for me:roftl:

For me it's just the lyrics that are... um... not as good as they could be.

Babs, Wendi- that thing in Babs' avatar is a swede!

My mom used to force my dad to make a halloween lantern out of one when I was a kid- though even then (about 1970) grocers in Rhiwbina, Cardiff, were selling pumpkins which were bigger and easier to carve. (And possibly tasted nicer- mum made us eat the inside of the swede as well.)

We tried to introduce trick or treating to all the neighbours as well, but though we explained patiently every year, they'd always forgotten the next year so we never got any treats- or played any tricks either, because our parents said it wasn't fair if people didn't know the custom.

Yes, people from the Southern half of the UK would say that it was a swede. But any good Scot or Northener will know it is a bloody TURNIP!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7062388.stm

http://www.halloweengroup.co.uk/history.asp

Edited by babspanky

Yes, people from the Southern half of the UK would say that it was a swede. But any good Scot or Northener will know it is a bloody TURNIP!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7062388.stm

http://www.halloweengroup.co.uk/history.asp

we call it a turnip as well here...

but babs... can i just say that the one in your avatar doesn't look... fresh!

(there i said it!) it looks... shrivelled up a bit. are you trying to tell us something? :naughty::naughty:

Yeah, it seems so :blink:. All the ones on YT are still there (or for now:naughty:) but not the blog ones....Hm...Just in case I left a fresh one now :roftl:.

I left one on MS which wasn't about turnips, more about how cute the doggie was, and that didn't get approved either.:naughty:

I left one on MS which wasn't about turnips, more about how cute the doggie was, and that didn't get approved either.:naughty:

Same here! :blink: I left a pretty normal one but I don't even see it on my computer :boxed: I mean it's not even awaiting approval, it just disappeared :sneaky2:

hi all mikeras

hahaha

well...here i am

leave a message for all

to tell you i´m a big fan of mika

and i want leave my msn

add me in your contacts if you like

and we have talk someday

guilid0903@hotmail.com o lollipop_9_dani@hotmail.com

well...the girl o boy who like talk me only add my on your contacts

i´m from Uruguay

so my english sucks :naughty:

kisses

gooooooooooo mika!mika_narrowweb__300x450,0.jpg

Same here! :blink: I left a pretty normal one but I don't even see it on my computer :boxed: I mean it's not even awaiting approval, it just disappeared :sneaky2:

Yeah, same here, it's gone from the computer too.

Did I tell you, your my hero?:wub2:

mwahahahaeb8.png

:

Charming:lmao:

but i love the "we moved out of demo phase" "erm i moved ..." part best

:roftl:

The mug screencap

]

I love that mug!

Yes, otherwise we just look mental.

:

We look mental anyway:naughty:

I am!

Seriously, I had to giggle like an idiot when I heard him say that...

*Is considering making a ringtone out of it*

That would be nice!

I'd prefer Rain over HJ any day of the week, although I really like both performed live. I just can't see HJ or HMDYLM on an album. But I'm not Mika. Thank God.

Same here, but I'd like to hear the studioversion of HMDYLM

Shocking! A blatant discrimination against turnips! I am going to report him to the authorities at once!

Yeah, how dare they, turnips are food too!:mf_rosetinted:

Sometimes it's painful to watch him struggle to hit the note, and it makes me a bit uncomfortable. Its' happened a few times, so enough for me to see it as a semi usual occurrence rather than a very isolated fact.

It does! Like Rain at Paris.:naughty:At some points he had to pull the weirdest faces to get the notes.

Strangely enough I don't feel that with all of the songs though.