Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

Yes of course, absolutely.

But I do think that you can't compare Brixton gig to PDP! These gigs were absolutely different. You can just say that you prefer this kind of gig to another but you really can't compare...

I was at both gigs and of course the emotions are not the same as everything was at larger scale in Paris....

And I must add that living the PDP show and watching the DVD is also something completely different.....:wink2:

well here again I don't agree with you (:roftl:you must think that I'm persecuting you but I'm not!)

Actually I was surprised by the quality of the sound (especially that I was in the seat section where the sound can be sometimes awful) and by his voice too! I agree that he was sometimes out of breath but have you seen the size of the stage? and I found that Mika was successfully making a kind of "Madonnaish" performance running from one point to another!!! (without the playback of course:naughty:) What a breath!

You might want to check with Babs and Jemma about the sound. They were up in the seats and they weren't impressed by the sound quality.

You can hear a few times on the dvd that he is a little breathless during songs, after running to and from the catwalk. He's human, it happens.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to check with Babs and Jemma about the sound. They were up in the seats and they weren't impressed by the sound quality..

Really? They were not far from us (Allegra and I), they were a bit higher, I don't know if that makes a difference....

You can hear a few times on the dvd that he is a little breathless during songs, after running to and from the catwalk. He's human, it happens.

Yes it's true that's what I was saying but if you compare with the other DVD I think he was much more breathless at the Olympia even if the scene was smaller ... We can conclude that he has improved a lot his breath capacity, don't you agree?:wink2:

What grabs my heart is what the whole event must have meant to Mika. I think that shot of him at the end, sitting on the piano bench in the midst of all those people says it all, pure elation.

I also keep thinking of the lyrics to Your Sympathy, marching band to play for me......

Also, on the clothes, I wondered about the emphasis and in the documentary he mentions that on the stage it's obvious if you are wearing regular clothes or clothes made for the performance. I think he considers the shoes/jacket, etc to be part of the artistry of the performance.

LOLOL my coworker is positively jealous over the custom shoes.

And I must add that living the PDP show and watching the DVD is also something completely different.....:wink2:

Yes I think I'd probably attach more emotion to this performance if I had been there. I am a bit disappointed with the DVD because of the editing issues but not because I expected the gig to be somehow better. I just wasn't there so it could never be as meaningful to me as some others.

And sometimes these gig experiences are subjective too. Sara and I had an incredible gig in Toronto but I've often thought that Mika probably doesn't remember it as fondly as we do. He wasn't feeling well, I heard there were problems backstage in the venue, he had a very prolonged and disruptive microphone issue during LT. But for us it was magic.

i didn't read all the thread, but it looks like some websites are starting to advertise the dvd release of dec. 16

http://www.archambault.ca/store/Product.asp?mscssid=&sku=002316336&type=2

http://www.hmv.ca/hmvcaweb/en_CA/displayProductDetails.do?sku=1257587

:punk::punk:

they don't have the picture of the dvd yet, but it is a start!

I was so happy to finally being able to watch the dvd, mostly happy to watch the documentery and less the gig. I didn't find the gig entartaining as it was when i was there, it felt over edited at times and really missing the whole part of what a huge evening it was in many ways.

It's really funny to watch it upclose and find so many little problams during the gig, but i tried to enjoy it as much as possible.

It is surley not my favorite concert, i preffer the LICM dvd 10 times better then this one, but i think the documentery makes up for it.

It was really interesting to see how the whole proccess and preparation to the night came along, all the problams and everything around. It was really weird to see Mika showing his flat, knowing how private he is that was a real suprise.

it was nice seeing Mika's sisters and mum, and how much they are envolved in the show.

The only part i didn't like was when everybody kept on praising Mika on and on, it felt really fake and scripted, not the best idea to put on the dvd but he is not the first person who did that in a music dvd.

My 2 cents. :wink2:

P.s - it was great seeing some familiar faces in the crowd. :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

Edited by Mici

as in the past, i'm asking to the UK fans if they can spot articles in newspapers/magazines about mika...i mean...no reviews or adverts about the dvd?:blink:

because if there were some, i could ask my friends going to london to fetch me copies of those....if a kind UK fan can buy the stuff for me (if you find anything out this week for instance) and give it to the italians going..or whoever who can meet me.:wink2:

i'd ask the same to the frenchies (i feel there could be something more out in the press there.....:wink2:) ...but there's almost no one going to london...and i'm not going to france soon!

as italy is concerned...as always...nothing at all in the press!:naughty::thumbdown:

as in the past, i'm asking to the UK fans if they can spot articles in newspapers/magazines about mika...i mean...no reviews or adverts about the dvd?:blink:

because if there were some, i could ask my friends going to london to fetch me copies of those....if a kind UK fan can buy the stuff for me (if you find anything out this week for instance) and give it to the italians going..or whoever who can meet me.:wink2:

i'd ask the same to the frenchies (i feel there could be something more out in the press there.....:wink2:) ...but there's almost no one going to london...and i'm not going to france soon!

as italy is concerned...as always...nothing at all in the press!:naughty::thumbdown:

you know, we're surprised about that, but in France, there are not advertising and promo stuff or reviews for the dvd ! If you're not a Mika fan, you can't know the DVD is released :blink: it's quite strange but we have nothing in the press (for the moment) and a short advertising on the TV that only a few of us have seen. :thumbdown:

you know, we're surprised about that, but in France, there are not advertising and promo stuff or reviews for the dvd ! If you're not a Mika fan, you can't know the DVD is released :blink: it's quite strange but we have nothing in the press (for the moment) and a short advertising on the TV that only a few of us have seen. :thumbdown:

THIS IS CRAZY!:shocked:

thanks for letting us know!:thumb_yello:

(i'd like to know how many copies will they sell in the end..........:blink:)

THIS IS CRAZY!:shocked:

thanks for letting us know!:thumb_yello:

(i'd like to know how many copies will they sell in the end..........:blink:)

you're welcome, even on the MWS, nobody found any review in the press, and nothing interesting on the internet. Yes, we don't understand, but if we find something, we'll tell you :wink2:

I life in a small town in Holland, and got the dvd on the day that it was released. A good friend of my wanted to get one in the same store and it wasn't there. I'm glad that I pre-ordered the dvd.

Loved the dvd. I know it was in Paris and that's the reason he speaks french, but I am glad I had the subtitles haha. French is a nice language, but I don't understand one word of it. He could be swearing in french and it would still be beauifull to listen to LOL.

[quote name=kath;1959052

SS and CC................I have read your posts with interest.....it REALLY is very intersting to read peoples opinions and I agree with your point SS about people viewing it very differently depending on what their experience/background is. Racha' date=' a very good point about him being out of breath at times.............his performance is always very demanding physically but the distance he kept running from the stage to the catwalk obviously added to the demands. Certainly, it is my opinion that the performance was much better the following night in Arras.....he was just so much more visably relaxed[/quote]

I also agree with SS and CC (your quotes are too long girls) and Kath said above....my only point is Why Matthew Williamson and not Marc Jacobs? !!! lololol! I adore MJ!!

I loved the fashion-side of it and am soooooo envious and one of the women he talks about wanting to be in his place getting a pair of bespoke Christian Louboutins...hopefully Santy will buy me some off the peg size 36 1/2!!! lol!...well I have been good :wink2:

but I liked to see the development of his shoes...fascinating! If you are not bothered about Designers and fashion I can see why you wouldn't like it. I wondered if he was showing that he was doing EVERYTHING ...it was all his ideas! and to make this show...HIS!!! ..nobody could pigeonhole him by saying oh he got his pants from wherever...his pants were embellished by his Mum everything was a one off and special!!

I feel in my humble opinion, he was "bricking it" to coin a term lol....he had soooooo much riding on this gig and it could have all gone pear (or should that be apple) shaped. His career all the 2 years(and his hard work beforehand) could have gone in one night.

I feel he needed to prove not only to himself but to his managers and to his fans that he COULD do it...he has had so many knock backs in his life that making unachievable goals and to be able to fulfill them is his way of proving himself.

The gigs afterwards will have been amazing and possibly more relaxed due to the fact of amount of the pressure he was under before doing Pdp has disappeared. It was an immense task to do an pull off...and I feel he suceeded, now the grace with huge ideas and for all his future projects.

As for the running being out of breath ....I must admit I hear it more on the dvd but on the night nope...must have been where we were...or that we were singing that loud we missed it! :roftl:...I don't find it that bad tho and am amazed at how he manages to stay in tune in any gig the running and jumping he does :roftl: he puts Tigger to shame!

As for the Acrobat.....The Raffa one... that performance symbolized to me that we need strength to carry on when we feel like giving in. Strength being defined in many ways...visually, and through his lyrics.

Not sure if that what Meeks meant by doing it but I thought the guy was captivating on the night...but obviously some liked it others didn't that is normal...especially on here! :mf_rosetinted:

I know some of you will think I am saying the same old... sucking up to MIKA but honestly and I can vouch for Anna too...that night we felt was one of the best shows we have seen!!! maybe cos we were together and went with the view of we were going to enjoy this no matter what!!!! We had to rest in bed on afternoon so no shopping or sightseeing!!!:thumbdown:....I never even saw the Eiffel tower!!! lol!

As for the set design... I am scared of clowns so it actually took alot to convince me no matter what some of you might think!!!!...what did I think in the....well you have guessed I found it amazing...hilarious that it be a huge clown..thank goodness he didn't have snake charmers... that's all I can say!

xx

ps. I have been told by a friend that in the UK a shop called BHS sells the lollipop girl's lollipops for £10 each....wonder why they told me! lol! just remember don't suck too hard! :wink2:

omg FINALLY I got the DVD!!!!!!!! I was/am soooo happy! I can't say anything...only: Thank you Mika! This DVD is sooooooooo wonderful...without words...

omg Any ohter world is sooo unbelieveable...I've nearly cried!

And all those fans! Just amazing! :mf_lustslow:

I'm totally flashed...especially the french version of Grace Kelly.. I was like that ::stretcher:

MIKA UR THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!:wub2:

I got the DVD today too! :punk: I must say I'm impressed. At first with his singing...I think he sang at his best at this show - he was doing the falsetto so easy and lovely,yet singing perfect the lower notes. I especially liked "Any Other World","Rain", "Love Today"...I mean I loved ALL of them :roftl: Then,he looked WONDERFUL! Matthew made him a fantastic suit,Louboutin fantastic shoes! :mf_lustslow:

I read that some people on here said that the sound of the DVD during the gig was really bad :blink: mine was perfect,even better than on the 1st DVD I think. I had no problems with it at all,plus the vision was awesome too! :punk:

The documentary is my fav. When I just saw how many people were doing on that show and Mika giving all of his effort and doing his best :shocked: he's such a creative mind! I thought this too,if it looked THAT amazing just on the screen - how the hell did it look LVE??! :roftl: I'd probably pass out. xD

I'm gonna watch it again tomorrow *groovy*

aww Keti! Ur sooo right! :mf_lustslow::wub2: these are my favourite songs, too...yes and I think the sound was perfect!!!!! :punk::blink:

Thanks! :wub2: yes,I was really suprised when I heard the perfect clear sound,no shhh-thing ,cos I expected some crap :blink::roftl: but I'm glad your works great too!

hm, I'm not sure that I am at the right place for my asking, but can somebody of you cut a little part of the dvd ?? This would be from SITM (Chapt. 9, 0:39:30 to :45). Within this part he twinkles with his eye to somebody in the audience, at least it seems so ;) - so, is there a technical genius between us????? ...hope so ...:wub2:

hm, I'm not sure that I am at the right place for my asking, but can somebody of you cut a little part of the dvd ?? This would be from SITM (Chapt. 9, 0:39:30 to :45). Within this part he twinkles with his eye to somebody in the audience, at least it seems so ;) - so, is there a technical genius between us????? ...hope so ...:wub2:

I didn't spot that! :shocked: I wish I knew how to cut it,but I don't :no: