your christmas tree

Hello? Ecological people here...fake trees! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

(jk, but yes, the tree is a plastic one! :wink2:)

(I put up the tree on Dec. 1st too! I guess lots of people here do that! :bleh:)

Oh, i forgot about those :naughty:

But even here, they are already selling a bunch of real pine trees and that's such a waste of oxygen because a lot of people here don't get their trees until a week or so before.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, i forgot about those :naughty:

But even here, they are already selling a bunch of real pine trees and that's such a waste of oxygen because a lot of people here don't get their trees until a week or so before.

I'm totally against buying real pine trees for Christmas, because they die and the year after we have to buy another one, and so on...

And it's not that we have many spare trees in the world... :thumbdown:

Of course they're more attractive, and some people prefer to have them, but...I'll stick to my plastic 10 yr old (or so) Christmas tree! :naughty:

I'm totally against buying real pine trees for Christmas, because they die and the year after we have to buy another one, and so on...

And it's not that we have many spare trees in the world... :thumbdown:

Of course they're more attractive, and some people prefer to have them, but...I'll stick to my plastic 10 yr old (or so) Christmas tree! :naughty:

My mom always wanted to get a fake tree because it is essentially a waste to buy a real tree that will die quickly, but my sisters and I always made her get a real one because we like the smell :naughty:

But as I get older I don't care that much about Christmas anymore (sad, but true) so I think we should just use a fake one from now on.

My mom always wanted to get a fake tree because it is essentially a waste to buy a real tree that will die quickly, but my sisters and I always made her get a real one because we like the smell :naughty:

But as I get older I don't care that much about Christmas anymore (sad, but true) so I think we should just use a fake one from now on.

We've never had a real tree here! :naughty: Actually, I guess most people have fake trees here in Portugal...

Real trees are the ecologically sound option. They are specially grown as a sustainable crop. When they are no longer required, they can be shredded and composted or used as a mulch.

Artificial trees cost energy to make, are non-biodegradeable and are often imported from far away (eg China), so there are high transportation costs.

Having said all that, if you already have an artificial tree, it is more ecologically sound to re-use it than to throw it out and get a real tree.

I have an artificial tree.

:newyear:

Real trees are the ecologically sound option. They are specially grown as a sustainable crop. When they are no longer required, they can be shredded and composted or used as a mulch.

Artificial trees cost energy to make, are non-biodegradeable and are often imported from far away (eg China), so there are high transportation costs.

Having said all that, if you already have an artificial tree, it is more ecologically sound to re-use it than to throw it out and get a real tree.

I have an artificial tree.

:newyear:

In places where real trees are most commonly used, yes, I believe they're specially grown to be shredded and composted later. That is a nice option, and the best one. :wink2:

But the thing is...we know many people just throw the trees away, without worrying what its destination will be. That's sad.

As for places where fake trees are mostly used (like in my country, for example) it's better to have them, IMO. Even though they cost energy to make, etc, they can be re-used for many years. I wonder if some of them can be recycled? :blink: Have to check that out...

Edited by Mary

In places where real trees are most commonly used, yes, I believe they're specially grown to be shredded and composted later. That is a nice option, and the best one. :wink2:

But the thing is...we know many people just throw the trees away, without worrying what its destiny will be. That's sad.

As for places where fake trees are mostly used (like in my country, for example) it's better to have them, IMO. Even though they cost energy to make, etc, they can be re-used for many years. I wonder if some of them can be recycled? :blink: Have to check that out...

I think it is like most ecological connundrums - there are pros & cons on both sides.

:thumb_yello:

posta picture of yor christmas tree here!!!!!! :newyear:

What on earth made you start this thread. :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

My mom always wanted to get a fake tree because it is essentially a waste to buy a real tree that will die quickly, but my sisters and I always made her get a real one because we like the smell

We used to get one a week beforehand, but we've had a fake tree for about 10 years now. Burn some Christmas Pine incense / scented oil. :wink2:

Here is mine in the dark. Ignore the power cords. :roftl:

IMGP0744.jpg

Oh, really?

That's so bizarre to me :naughty:

I'm just used to everyone getting there's a week or so before. Doesn't the tree die before Christmas though?

I said PINK, nono...

It's fake, we stopped using real ones here for our pinetree fields were getting desertic...

• 2 weeks later...

And it's not that we have many spare trees in the world...

here xmas trees are grown in trees farms, so it's like going and buy another type of plant to give away in present. and they often survive the xmas and are then planted in the ground, in gardens.

i agree with who posted real trees in this case are waaay more ecologic than fake ones.

that said, this below is mine. real tree. normal tree, but probably the one with the best b/g... :fisch::mf_rosetinted::naughty:

smallba9.jpg

Mine.... for like 2 hours. :naughty:

tree.jpg

Okay, so there's a secret behind it that's why it's watermarked but I'll let you highlight it if you want to ruin it :naughty:

For commercial studio we had to make a set up look like it was naturally lit by day light or moon light... so yes that tree wasn't in my house it was in school on a table.

Kewl!

Loving the variety here. From pathetic pink (sorry Jennie :naughty:) to the delightful doll heads :punk: (Diana) and of course Photojenics photo, erm I mean beautiful vignette set up with cookies and milk. :naughty:

i have a xmas tree in my sitting room...but here there's something different...a special Nativity scene set by my father....

enjoy!

:wub2:

That's amazing, Robertina. I love all the lights and the moving wind and water mills :thumb_yello:

It must have taken hours to set up - does he do it every year?