Which new song are you most excited for?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Which new song are you most excited for?

• How Much Do You Love Me
    • Rain
    • The "Clap-Clap" Song
    • The one with the choir in the vlog

for real? so did he play it live a few times, and then stop and reserve it or something??

thanks anyway cazgirl. :huglove:

It was only played once, I've never heard it, and it's not on YouTube. This was because Mika was in America performing on GMA I believe (?) and fans had to wait outside in the rain for ages before they could go in. Mika felt sorry for them and played a spontaneous gig a few hours later to make it up to them. And Century Man was played but no cameras - pictures or videos - were allowed.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wondering since Saturday if the Clapping Song is Century Man.

I'm confused over the existence of this Century Man song.

Are the people who say they heard it at the impromtu New York gig (is that right? Does my Mikamemory serve me well there? :naughty:), sure it was a new Mika song or were they confusing it with Missionary Man?

It's just one niggly thing I've never been able to clear up in my mind.

Are the people who say they heard it at the impromtu New York gig (is that right? Does my Mikamemory serve me well there? :naughty:), sure it was a new Mika song or were they confusing it with Missionary Man?

It's just one niggly thing I've never been able to clear up in my mind.

Yeah it was definitely from the spontaneous New York gig, and it's 100% called Century Man, unless the title has now changed LOL

Hmm..but why didn't he just call it Century Man in the vlog then? Why did he say it was called Clapping Song so far?

It was only played once, I've never heard it, and it's not on YouTube. This was because Mika was in America performing on GMA I believe (?) and fans had to wait outside in the rain for ages before they could go in. Mika felt sorry for them and played a spontaneous gig a few hours later to make it up to them. And Century Man was played but no cameras - pictures or videos - were allowed.

Yeah that was it indeed. I even hunted people down who went there for information about the song that time:naughty:

I voted for "The Clap-Clap Song".

If it ever gets a proper title, that would be nice. :naughty:

...and I can't wait to hear how it further develops. :biggrin2:

My mom asked to listen to the video blog and has listened to each song in it. She loves the one with The Andrae Crouch Gospel Choir. She said it gave her goosebumps. :wink2:

I must say, it was extremely hard to choose (and that's why I only voted now :bleh:) because I think everything sounds amazing. :wub2:

Edited by iadoremika

My understanding is that it's the real deal and not Missionary Man. Hopefully we will know for certain soon.

Hmm..but why didn't he just call it Century Man in the vlog then? Why did he say it was called Clapping Song so far?

Why does Mika do anything? He is a man of many mysteries. :wink2:

Anyway it's just a wild guess on my part but it was the first thing that popped into my mind when I stopped to listen to the lyrics.

Yeah it was definitely from the spontaneous New York gig, and it's 100% called Century Man, unless the title has now changed LOL

OH, interesting!!

Yeah that was it indeed. I even hunted people down who went there for information about the song that time:naughty:

probably because Century Man is barely known.. why make it known now??

well done you :roftl:

Now I've been wondering since saturday why he was so cagey about the name of the clapping song. That would fit. And the lyrics "he's got..." would kind of fit. (And would mean he wasn't talking about himself, which would be just as well)

Now I've been wondering since saturday why he was so cagey about the name of the clapping song. That would fit. And the lyrics "he's got..." would kind of fit. (And would mean he wasn't talking about himself, which would be just as well)

uhh. when you listen to the lyrics, i seriously DOUBT that mika would be that self-absorbed.

seriously.

No, the lyrics don't mean the song is about him, from what I've heard. It goes...

HE'S got money in the bank, not...

I'VE got money in the bank.

But I'm wondering if he hasn't told us the title of the "clap clap song" because it's also the title of his album!

It's just a thought...

Hmmmm, it was a toughy but I voted for the 'Clap Clap' song - even though it really reminds me of 'Riverdance' (which makes me kinda twitchy when I hear it lol :blush-anim-cl:). I find the 'Clap Clap' song very infectious and it makes me smile :wub2:

I can just imagine MIKA incorporating some top-tapping 'Riverdance' moves into his next Tour (never say never when Meeks is involved!) - look he's started practicing the steps already :wink2:...

MAR.jpg

...and for anyone who doesn't know what 'Riverdance' is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytcZIfvSWW4