Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

Oh my god. Christine, you're right. Calvin HArris is HILARIOUS! :floor::lmfao:

Read the stuff he wrote yesterday. He blagged his way into a first class car on a train to Newcastle. I had to shut down TweetDeck at one point because I was laughing so hard in the middle of the office.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has responded to a few people, but I don't think that he will make it a habit.

Also, I get the feeling that he responds to people whose Twatter usernames he doesn't recognise as names that ring a bell for him as belonging to 'fans', if that makes any sense?

I guess that time will tell if I am correct in this or not.

I'm late on this thread but, maybe. Although, I'm using a twitter name that's the same as my MFC name, except I had to add a 1 because someone snatched it before me. :mf_rosetinted: I have a feeling that maybe he has replied to some of us because the message caught his eye or happened to be near the top when he clicked on the @replies thing. If I didn't use twitter as often and had as many @replies coming at me as he does then I'd probably spur of the moment reply to those that catch my eye. Although what I said wasn't interesting at all. *shrugs shoulders*

I'm late on this thread but, maybe. Although, I'm using a twitter name that's the same as my MFC name, except I had to add a 1 because someone snatched it before me. :mf_rosetinted: I have a feeling that maybe he has replied to some of us because the message caught his eye or happened to be near the top when he clicked on the @replies thing. If I didn't use twitter as often and had as many @replies coming at me as he does then I'd probably spur of the moment reply to those that catch my eye. Although what I said wasn't interesting at all. *shrugs shoulders*

just use that picture of you covered in chocolate... if that doesn't get his attention... nothing will :lmao:

just use that picture of you covered in chocolate... if that doesn't get his attention... nothing will :lmao:

Ironically enough I'm eating chocolate right now... M&M's. :lmfao:

You'll never forget that pic will you? :naughty: Maybe, maybe he loves chocolate and he'll lick the screen and start singing "I liked a girl and I liked it" even though he technically didn't. :cool:

Why 1? :roftl: My face was literally inside the screen to be able to read it :naughty:

I didn't want to disrupt the flow :blink:

it's just gone:crybaby:

:blink:

Gee! What on earth are you talking about tonight??!!!?? :roftl:

I'm too serious to join in. :mf_rosetinted:

See?

i may start liking mika being in LA after all...

i like starting my pc in the morning, browsing twitter/mikasounds and read..

and next, google whoring like a mad to understand what he's tweeted about!

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Read the stuff he wrote yesterday. He blagged his way into a first class car on a train to Newcastle. I had to shut down TweetDeck at one point because I was laughing so hard in the middle of the office.

Oh my god :lmfao::floor:

Wow, he's amazing :bow:

i may start liking mika being in LA after all...

i like starting my pc in the morning, browsing twitter/mikasounds and read..

and next, google whoring like a mad to understand what he's tweeted about!

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Yes for some of us it's like a science project being on the MFC?:roftl:

Can I ask... have anyone got any conclusions about the Croydon insinuations in the Apple thread and Babs new thread?:blink:

That seems to be a hard culture nut to crack!:naughty:

It’s not only Mika that keep us on our toes!

<side note>

..don't want to interrupt the funny vibe, just something I stumbled upon earlier and wanted to comment...

To me it seems so funny that you relate to Mika the way you do because he's close to your cultural comfort zone (language wise etc...)

Because for me it's just plain opposite. :roftl:

I'm 98% sure that if he was a houshold name in my country only I wouldn't follow him the way I do. Just because for me the whole Mika mania set in when I pretty much needed a real mental trip to somewhere else. Anywhere. Otherwise I would have gone mad for real.

It may sound odd, but a German speaking fan club would not have been enough of an escape. ... Yes, I must admit, that really seems a bit strange. :roftl: But still today I don't go to the German threads in here, because discussing things Mika in my language makes me feel awkward. It's almost as if my real world and that Mika Disneyworld collide and thinking about it, I'd really like to keep that seperated. With few exceptions.

</side note>

I've been thinking about this discussion a lot and maybe the reason we admire Mika so much is because of we, with another language, doesn't understand all the nuances and culture references, it kind of makes him a little softer around the edges?:blush-anim-cl::naughty:

To be annoyed by someone’s choice of words and other irritating things can actually be an obstacle sometimes!:roftl:

I've been thinking about this discussion a lot and maybe the reason we admire Mika so much is because of we, with another language, doesn't understand all the nuances and culture references, it kind of makes him a little softer around the edges?:blush-anim-cl::naughty:

To be annoyed by someone’s choice of words and other irritating things can actually be an obstacle sometimes!:roftl:

But you can be annoyed by choice of words even if it's not your own language. Take Calvin Harris. :blink: He's what? Hilarious? :blink:

Am I the only one who finds some of his twitter adventures not only NOT hilarious or even amusing at all, but downright vulgar and puberal? Like the sort of stuff that brings eleven year olds through the day after they have found out that they didn't grow on trees.

Might be just me... *shrug*

But you can be annoyed by choice of words even if it's not your own language. Take Calvin Harris. :blink: He's what? Hilarious? :blink:

Am I the only one who finds some of his twitter adventures not only NOT hilarious or even amusing at all, but downright vulgar and puberal? Like the sort of stuff that brings eleven year olds through the day after they have found out that they didn't grow on trees.

Might be just me... *shrug*

I totally agree with you on the Calvin thing, VS. I had to UNfollow him, he

was bugging me so much. :blink:

I totally agree with you on the Calvin thing, VS. I had to UNfollow him, he

was bugging me so much. :blink:

Ah, good to know I'm not alone :thumb_yello:

Sometimes I really think my adoration for Mika as a person is a lot more about what he choses not to say or do in public than anything else.

Sometimes I really think my adoration for Mika as a person is a lot more about what he choses not to say or do in public than anything else.

i second this :original:

(i was not following CH, so i really do not know about him though)

i second this :original:

(i was not following CH, so i really do not know about him though)

The celebs I am following on Twitter are: Mika (of course) perez, and a young comedian I love called Jack Whitehall. But up to now I'm not following any other celeb. My husband Alan is following Mika, Angelina Jolie and Lady GaGa

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Interesting and true point :thumb_yello:

The donkey's name is Albert... in case anyone wanted to know. Also someone has just sent me a t-shirt with Albert's face on it. I love it

:lmfao:

who sent the t-shirt? spill it!:naughty:

I wonder if someone is just someone and someone different each time... of it's a special someone who sends all the stuff - plastic man cartoons, flowers, t-shirts, balloons.. :roftl:

Bless, at least we know now what he likes on his t-shirts.

I'm sick of Twitter being so damn slow!

11mins before I even saw the darn tweet, and he'll probably write a book before I see the next one!

They really have to get it sorted, it can't handle the amount of traffic it's getting. I'M FED UP WITH IT!