MIKA @ Sadlers Wells | London, UNITED KINGDOM - Reserved Seating No Queueing

dcdeb

Okay guys, here's the PLAN.

For this gig, we have over 80 MFCers. That's more than 80 fabulously hardcore fans. So I want each and every one of you to come prepared to sing your freakin' faces off at this gig.

Mika has been encouraging the audiences to sing, especially during Happy Ending, but I think the seated nature of the venues is keeping people from singing as they might if they were at, say, a festival.

I say, screw that! We know the words to the LICM tracks. Your mission, between now and Monday, is to memorise all the words to Blue Eyes, Toy Boy, and if you're extra ambitious, Blame It On The Girls. Mika will be freakin' elated if he hears 80 voices singing Toy Boy back at him. :wub2:

Deal? :biggrin2:

Oh, and PS: If anyone is concerned we won't hear Mika over ourselves, I don't think that will be a problem. If the last two venues are any indication of the kind of acoustics we're in for, it'll be a non-issue. :wink2:

You have no idea what you're asking for from an oldling with a poor memory, but okay, I'll do my very best!:roftl:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can most definitely count me in for singing but most definitely not Toy Boy, Over My Shoulder and Lady Jane.... ... Those are songs that when you hear you shut up and listen, in my opinion...

... happy to discuss though... it would be great if we could reach an agreement that the hardcore fanbase (rows 1-4) would stick to in London:wink2:

I haven't read all of this, but to he honest, I pay my money to hear Mika sing, not you lot. And he is a hell of a lot better at it.

I've spent too many gigs having songs shouted in my ear by fans with bad singing voices.

Is it so wrong to want to actually listen to Mika?

I'm beginning to think Kata is right, just listen to a CD or watch a DVD.

I haven't read all of this, but to he honest, I pay my money to hear Mika sing, not you lot. And he is a hell of a lot better at it.

I've spent too many gigs having songs shouted in my ear by fans with bad singing voices.

Is it so wrong to want to actually listen to Mika?

I'm beginning to think Kata is right, just listen to a CD or watch a DVD.

No. I was hoping that this tour would be the opportunity to do just that.

Yeah I don't agree with this entirely Mana, sorry!

He famously told everyone to keep quiet in LA at the beginning of Toy Boy and here he is shushing them again at the beginning of Blue Eyes.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=56426246

I think people should just sing where he encourages it and otherwise keep fairly quiet. There is no reason you can't dance around and show a lot of enthusiasm without shouting out all the lyrics.

If I'm going to encourage anyone to do anything it's to take their cues from Mika. He will let everyone know when he wants them to sing along. I will be surprised if it happens during Toy Boy personally. :blink:

Edited by Christine

I hereby no longer belong to the hardcore fanbase. If I am then not welcome in rows 1-4 then so be it :dunno: I am not gonna be a part of any kind of agreement telling me what I can or cannot do at a concert and I can't believe I've even been a part of thise kind of discussion :lmfao: Sit if you want, stand if you want, sing if you want, cry if you want - make an agreement if you want :naughty: I'm gonna just enjoy the gig and if I get bored with it then I'll find the bar :roftl:

I hereby no longer belong to the hardcore fanbase. If I am then not welcome in rows 1-4 then so be it :dunno:I am not gonna be a part of any kind of agreement telling me what I can or cannot do at a concert and I can't believe I've even been a part of thise kind of discussion :lmfao: Sit if you want, stand if you want, sing if you want, cry if you want - make an agreement if you want :naughty: I'm gonna just enjoy the gig and if I get bored with it then I'll find the bar :roftl:

Amen to that.

But I like the word hardcore..:das:...so can I still please be known as hardcore? Even though I know I am really a crap fan :roftl:.

I am not gonna be a part of any kind of agreement telling me what I can or cannot do at a concert and I can't believe I've even been a part of thise kind of discussion :lmfao: Sit if you want, stand if you want, sing if you want, cry if you want - make an agreement if you want :naughty: I'm gonna just enjoy the gig and if I get bored with it then I'll find the bar :roftl:

Yeah I'm not sure what the discussion is about either except to get people wound up about things they cannot control. Let's face it everyone is going to do whatever the mood strikes them at the time or what they feel comfortable doing at concerts.

I am going to stand when I feel like I should stand and I'm going to sing when Mika encourages it and STFU if/when he tells everyone to shush. But others are going to do whatever they think is appropriate so... :dunno:

i dont own a rain coat either and i live in england lol :teehee:

OOH how about getting one of these?

ufo_cap_umbrella_.jpg

:roftl:

sorry that won't do for our good 'ol British weather.... our rain doesn't always rain straight down, it's a bit eccentric (of course) and can rain from all angles so you will STILL get wet. (this is why we get soooo excited when the sun shines lol. :naughty:

sorry that won't do for our good 'ol British weather.... our rain doesn't always rain straight down, it's a bit eccentric (of course) and can rain from all angles so you will STILL get wet. (this is why we get soooo excited when the sun shines lol. :naughty:

This is so true :roftl:

I'd interview people on my phone but the files don't work in anything lmfao XD Unless i put it on youtube and you get it from there somehow? :roftl::confused:

That's really nice of you to offer, but since it will be a dvd, we need good quality material. Now Danika already offered to do it, but if we have more people, it will be even better. So if anyone has a good camera you can borrow, it would be awesome:thumb_yello:

I want to stay seated till the finale if I can, I am in row 2 and if I stand up I am 5ft-6" so I will block many peoples views behind me and I am not THAT selfish, I just hope we don't get idiots rushing to the front if there is a gap and standing in front of US! :sneaky2:

Also how about we all just MIME the words until he asks to hear us, he will then get the best of both worlds with us seeing we KNOW the words (= uber hard core fans lol) AND notice we respect him enough to LISTEN to HIS beautiful singning. :thumb_yello: sounds like a good idea to me even if I DO say so myself so I will TRY to MIME (just think Britney Spears and you will get it right lol).:teehee:

Edited by sparkly1

Also how about we all just MIME the words until he asks to hear us, he will then get the best of both worlds with us seeing we KNOW the words (= uber hard core fans lol) AND notice we respect him enough to LISTEN to HIS beautiful singning. :thumb_yello: sounds like a good idea to me even if I DO say so myself so I will TRY to MIME (just think Britney Spears and you will get it right lol).:teehee:

:roftl: I actually did that mostly in LA believe it or not. I did not want my horrendous singing to go down in history on one of Sara's vids. :teehee:

I want to stay seated till the finale if I can, I am in row 2 and if I stand up I am 5ft-6" so I will block many peoples views behind me and I am not THAT selfish, I just hope we don't get idiots rushing to the front if there is a gap and standing in front of US! :sneaky2:

Also how about we all just MIME the words until he asks to hear us, he will then get the best of both worlds with us seeing we KNOW the words (= uber hard core fans lol) AND notice we respect him enough to LISTEN to HIS beautiful singning. :thumb_yello: sounds like a good idea to me even if I DO say so myself so I will TRY to MIME (just think Britney Spears and we you will get it right lol).:teehee:

The stalls are sloping a bit at SW so I don't think there will be much of an issue with people's view being blocked, unless there are some basketball players in the audience :teehee:. It will be interesting to see how long everyone can stay seated though. At this particular gig I would be happy to sit the whole time and dance in my seat like an old fart :roftl:...but that's not going to happen is it, in the real world :naughty:.

:roftl: I actually did that mostly in LA believe it or not. I did not want my horrendous singing to go down in history on one of Sara's vids. :teehee:

It's so hard to just mime though when inside of you is happy enough to burst at the seams lol

The stalls are sloping a bit at SW so I don't think there will be much of an issue with people's view being blocked, unless there are some basketball players in the audience :teehee:. It will be interesting to see how long everyone can stay seated though. At this particular gig I would be happy to sit the whole time and dance in my seat like an old fart :roftl:...but that's not going to happen is it, in the real world :naughty:.

haha me too, can't we just sway a lot and wave our flahsing MFC hearts about a bit lol (least till finale), lmao I bet I am gonna be the most excitable one there and will leap out of my seat as soon as he takes his first step on the stage lol feel free to just throw things and me ans yell abuse at me till I sit back down lol.

haha me too, can't we just sway a lot and wave our flahsing MFC hearts about a bit lol (least till finale), lmao I bet I am gonna be the most excitable one there and will leap out of my seat as soon as he takes his first step on the stage lol feel free to just throw things and me ans yell abuse at me till I sit back down lol.

Are you bringing your flashing hearts then?? I still have two, but I didn't know if people still wore them :naughty:. I love mine though and there is still a bit of battery life in them I think.

I think I am sitting directly behind you two rows back..so I should be able to score a direct hit with my sharp object if you are spoiling my view :sneaky2:.:naughty:

I might wanna mime, I don't know the lyrics anyway :dunno:

Blame it on the ones who know what to do, blame it on the c#nts who are blocking your view :old:

Blame it on the ones who refuse to move, blame it on the farts who are hushing at you :boing:

endless possibilities :mf_rosetinted:

Blame it on the ones who know what to do, blame it on the c#nts who are blocking your view :old:

Blame it on the ones who refuse to move, blame it on the farts who are hushing at you :boing:

endless possibilities

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

But I want to sing (quietly) and dance, it will kill me to stay in my seat, but I'll try my best. :thumb_yello:

My opinion..I have realised by now means naff all to the people on here anyway ...is.. we need some respect for the people sat next to us, the staff at the venue and most of all MIKA.

I for one will not be happy if an MFCer is blaring out of tune singing and I can't hear MIKA...would you go to a voilin recital, take your own and play off key as you aren't trained properly throughout the performance?...think not!

It is bad when the performer has to tell the audience to be quiet so you can hear the lyrics...people should have the common decency to do so anyway. It maybe shouting or just talking but either must be infuriating to a performer.

But like everythingelse people will do what they want to do, which is fair enough to a point but when it is gonna ruin someone's night out think about it guys. Most of us are adults and the kids here are are not stupid. We know the difference between what's right and wrong.

One point I do wanna make tho...If the staff there say sit down you can hardly keep standing up Christine and blocking the people sat behind you...likewise I have decided to wear my head attire on the side so people won't moan at me and can see over my head...altho I might backcomb all my hair so it stands out about 2ft wide ...joking! :teehee:

We should all play it by ear until the night really...it maybe a laid back atmosphere or strict who knows till we get there.

Gosh we are there to have a good time not be fighting one another!!!

xxx

endless possibilities :mf_rosetinted:

Such beautiful poetry. :serenade:

But I want to sing (quietly) and dance, it will kill me to stay in my seat, but I'll try my best. :thumb_yello:

How much actual dancing can you do in a confined space though, with a seat behind you? A little shimmy or shuffle at best. Ok I will join you...I will have to get practising my wicked moves :dance_man:

Okay guys, here's the PLAN.

For this gig, we have over 80 MFCers. That's more than 80 fabulously hardcore fans. So I want each and every one of you to come prepared to sing your freakin' faces off at this gig.

Mika has been encouraging the audiences to sing, especially during Happy Ending, but I think the seated nature of the venues is keeping people from singing as they might if they were at, say, a festival.

I say, screw that! We know the words to the LICM tracks. Your mission, between now and Monday, is to memorise all the words to Blue Eyes, Toy Boy, and if you're extra ambitious, Blame It On The Girls. Mika will be freakin elated if he hears 80 voices singing Toy Boy back at him. :wub2:

Deal? :biggrin2:

I already know Toy Boy off by heart :thumb_yello::blush-anim-cl: Oh And Blue Eyes:thumb_yello:

Such beautiful poetry. :serenade:

How much actual dancing can you do in a confined space though, with a seat behind you? A little shimmy or shuffle at best. Ok I will join you...I will have to get practising my wicked moves :dance_man:

That's true but at a normal gig you are always so squashed in anyway (well I always seem to be) and can hardly dance much, at least we hopefully have a little bit more space around us at this gig, more room for dancing! :teehee: But I agree with Daisy I think we should see what happens on the night and if nobody else is dancing or standing up then I think we should respect that and stay seated.

That'll be me seat dancing like you then Gat :naughty:

That's true but at a normal gig you are always so squashed in anyway (well I always seem to be) and can hardly dance much, at least we hopefully have a little bit more space around us at this gig, more room for dancing! :teehee: But I agree with Daisy I think we should see what happens on the night and if nobody else is dancing or standing up then I think we should respect that and stay seated.

That'll be me seat dancing like you then Gat :naughty:

I have actually never seat-danced in my life, to date, I'm not sure what to do..maybe it'll all just come naturally :naughty:.

That's true about having more space. I don't really 'dance' as such at gigs, I just sort of bob up and down, or sway. It's not a disco after all, it's a gig, and I have to have my eyes on the stage every second of it, and it's hard to dance properly whilst not moving your head :roftl:.

I am talking rubbish now and am going away :mf_rosetinted:.