MIKA @ Sadlers Wells | London, UNITED KINGDOM - Reserved Seating No Queueing

dcdeb

I have actually never seat-danced in my life, to date, I'm not sure what to do..maybe it'll all just come naturally :naughty:.

That's true about having more space. I don't really 'dance' as such at gigs, I just sort of bob up and down, or sway. It's not a disco after all, it's a gig, and I have to have my eyes on the stage every second of it, and it's hard to dance properly whilst not moving your head :roftl:.

I am talking rubbish now and am going away :mf_rosetinted:.

And there's me thinking you were going to show me how to seat dance :naughty: I do the same as you at gigs and don't really dance, just kind of sway a bit and stuff....:naughty::biggrin2: My eyes will not leave the stage either, so don't bother talking to me until Mika has left the stage....:naughty:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And there's me thinking you were going to show me how to seat dance :naughty: I do the same as you at gigs and don't really dance, just kind of sway a bit and stuff....:naughty::biggrin2: My eyes will not leave the stage either, so don't bother talking to me until Mika has left the stage....:naughty:

Okay...be like that!! :shun:

:naughty:

been waiting ages to use that shun smiley LOL

Wow!!! The sound must be pretty sh!tty in these venues if people are concerned about not being able to hear Mika over the person having a good time next to them?? Can't say I've ever had that problem at any Mika concert I've been to. :mf_rosetinted:

Secondly, I'll be one of the first ones standing (if a gig happens here). I'm not going to be unenthusiastic just because it may annoy someone else. Is this a fanclub or a "meh, I don't mind Mika" club?? Where's the party?? Where's the fun gone??

Just try to have a good night, guys..

Wow!!! The sound must be pretty sh!tty in these venues if people are concerned about not being able to hear Mika over the person having a good time next to them?? Can't say I've ever had that problem at any Mika concert I've been to. :mf_rosetinted:

Secondly, I'll be one of the first ones standing (if a gig happens here). I'm not going to be unenthusiastic just because it may annoy someone else. Is this a fanclub or a "meh, I don't mind Mika" club?? Where's the party?? Where's the fun gone??

I have no need to worry about spoiling Mika's singing or annoying the person next to me ...... im in between Fred and Mana :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

Edited by mikas_gal07

In my experience from Amsterdam, when 1 stands up, everyone stands up so there is no blocking problem at all. Just do it when the occasion asks for it. Sitting is so boring anyway:roftl:

I have no need to worry about spoiling Mika's singing ...... i have Fred and Mana next to me :mf_rosetinted:

Drunk Fred :drunk_sing: and overly enthusiastic Mana :fangurl: ..

I wouldn't want it any other way. :wub2:

Drunk Fred :drunk_sing: and overly enthusiastic Mana :fangurl: ..

I wouldn't want it any other way. :wub2:

Me neither :biggrin2: ... im looking forward to it ! :wub2:

On a lighter note ive just bought some cheese cashew nuts from the italian market thats here at the minute for the train to london :original: ..................................:naughty:

Edited by mikas_gal07

Me neither :biggrin2: ... im looking forward to it ! :wub2:

On a lighter note ive just bought some cheese cashew nuts from the italian market thats here at the minute for the train to london :original: ..................................:naughty:

So am I :naughty: I hope the Kangas don't block anyones view :teehee:

The point is Kelzy you, me and everyonelse will be standing and having a blast but if the staff say sit down and some do and some don't then it will be a pisser for the ones who do actually sit.

But then why have seated venues? if everyone is gonna stand and shout might as well be in an arena.

As a wheelchair user it is amazing how much you can dance sat down...sad as I am I don't care that I look like a moron but does tire you out!

There is a difference between singing along and belting it so the people outside can hear! LOL Can't see why people can't do what they would normally do, nobody normally shouts do they? if it annoys you ask them nicely to STFU :thumb_yello:

xxx

Personally I'm not too bothered about sitting or standing. I'm young and healthy and can stand as long as I need to,obviously, but I do think that people should realise that everyone has a different aproach to these things,and neither are right or wrong. When people imply that it's abnormal or even boring to sit at a gig, I feel that they're missing something very vital: people enjoy things in very different ways.

For example, I never really dance at a gig. I just don't feel like it.

I want to take the artist in, and keep my eyes on them at all times. That's what I enjoy most. If the song is viby I will naturally move or jump,but not dance.

Others go mental and dance their heads off,but who's to say that this is a more appreciative audience? We're all different so nobody should judge others and accuse them of not showing appreciation or being boring for that reason.

On another order of things, I do think that if Mika is doing a slow, intimate song like Lady Jane etc, it would be totally out of place to stand through it. As a rule of thumb, imho, any song where he's sitting and being subdued is not standing material.

In the same sense, if he's quietly singing OMS, I'd think that basic respect should be to be quiet.

Like Christine said, i think that we should take the cue from Mika. When he wants us to go for it, let's party. When he wants a quiet vibe, let's respect that. It's the only natural way imo.

As for sitting or standing, as i said i can do both and don't much care what happens, but i find it a shame that for a few gigs we can do it and won't take advantage of it before we go back to the madness of a real tour.

Anyway, am writing this on my phone, on a bus to the airport en route to Milan and typing is kinda hard,so i'll STFU now

The Kanga shouldnt , the croc might :roftl::teehee:

:roftl: If the croc survives.

The point is Kelzy you, me and everyonelse will be standing and having a blast but if the staff say sit down and some do and some don't then it will be a pisser for the ones who do actually sit.

I won't be there. I'm in Australia. :wink2: But I will be there in spirit (or beer).

Like I said. At least try to have some fun.. And someone tell Mika to turn up the volume on everything, especially on his mic. Might help matters. And he should get rid of some backing singers mic's while he's at it.. It's supposed to be acoustic. Then you should be able to hear him better.

As for viewing: Well, Mika could grow another foot tall. Wouldn't hurt.

:teehee:

:roftl: If the croc survives.

I won't be there. I'm in Australia. :wink2: But I will be there in spirit (or beer).

Like I said. At least try to have some fun.. And someone tell Mika to turn up the volume on everything, especially on his mic. Might help matters. And he should get rid of some backing singers mic's while he's at it.. It's supposed to be acoustic. Then you should be able to hear him better.

As for viewing: Well, Mika could grow another foot tall. Wouldn't hurt.

:teehee:

first off....:cheers: aww thought you were coming too.

as for the bolded bits...:lmao: LOVE it!!!

Sure everyone will have fun once we get there:biggrin2: plus I am only short so nobody will know if i am standing or not!!! Thank Gooodness for heeled shoes.

Starts to imagine next gigs going in height order and people doing a Lady Jane and cutting their feet off! :roftl:

xxx

Ooh, seems I've ignited some controversy! I'm kind of excited, I aim not to do that often. :teehee:

To clarify: I never suggested we sing during songs like Lady Jane. I'm talking about songs like Blue Eyes, and from LICM. Toy Boy I suggested 'cause the lyrics are obv special to him. You'll notice in the vid from Amsterdam ppl had begun singing Toy Boy... You can hear them trail off when Mikas instrument doesn't work. So what I'm saying is that ppl will sing anyway, and if you like to sing, I vehemently encourage it. IMHO it seems Mika loves the singing, and unless he says otherwise I will continue to believe that.

As for standing. In the last 2 gigs everyone was standing by the 3rd song in Brussels, 4th or 5th in Amsterdam. So unless the London audience have a particular attachment to chairs, I assume the same will happen there. I can't imagine everyone staying seated during Love Today, Big Girl, etc.

Bottom line: I like getting really into gigs, and my personal belief is that Mika likes it too. However, it's up to each person how they'd like to enjoy the show. If you want to sit mutely, hands in your lap, by all means do so. If you want to sing (and note I never said yell the lyrics, I did say "sing")and dance and lose your mind, go ahead. If your preference is somewhere in between, that's

fine too.

But if you're one of those who wants to sing but is just a bit shy, needs a little encouragement...this is me encouraging you.

I have no need to worry about spoiling Mika's singing or annoying the person next to me ...... im in between Fred and Mana :mf_rosetinted:

Do we really think we are going to be clapping and watching through theatre spectacles saying bravo jolly good old bean , shhh shhhhhhhh this is the part where we can sing :roftl::roftl::roftl:

I would imagine its going to be mental with an incredible noise noise level!!

Im going to sing , sing badly and sing loud and proud ..:biggrin2:

<the 6th crocodile may be a tad quiter>

Cassie, I tried replying to your post - my phone ate that part of my post.

When you said you're between me and FD... well, you have my sympathies, you poor thing :naughty:

Thats Ok ! Im happy ! :biggrin2: You'll just have to put up with my bad singing ! Fred is used to it ! :naughty::teehee:

A Rose between 2 thorns :wub2::mf_rosetinted:

Cassie, I tried replying to your post - my phone ate that part of my post.

When you said you're between me and FD... well, you have my sympathies, you poor thing :naughty:

Yeh Im going to sing until my voice goes completely!!!

Shhhhh shhhh you cant sing at this point :naughty:

Poor elvie ,, browwwwnnn ohhhh billlly brownnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn sreecchhhhhhhhhhhh eekkkkkkkk:biggrin2:

Yeh Im going to sing until my voice goes completely!!!

Shhhhh shhhh you cant sing at this point :naughty:

Poor elvie ,, browwwwnnn ohhhh billlly brownnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn sreecchhhhhhhhhhhh eekkkkkkkk:biggrin2:

:naughty: .............. U Remember me singing queen to you on the phone last night .... right ? and take that the week b4 ? .... i think your the poor sod ... :naughty::roftl:

I'm not sure I'm gonna be doing alot of singing ... I seem to have a sore throat .... Unsure whether it's because I'm coming down with something .... (bloody bad timing if I am) or ..... I've been watching and singing along to far too many YT vids since Tuesday morning .... :lmfao:

I wonder which one it is :wink2:

i dont own a rain coat either and i live in england lol :teehee

OOH how about getting one of these?

ufo_cap_umbrella_.jpg

:roftl

I want one now:mf_rosetinted:

I wouldn't mind singing the songs at all, and dancing etc... That's just me!I already know all the lyrics by heart:teehee: Except Good Gone Girl.:roftl:

I won't do it if I think it's not appropriate and if I see that it's a song that really needs all the focusing just on Mika's voice. Like over my shoulder... I will be whispering the lyrics. I just can't help it to mime aswell:blush-anim-cl:

I don't usually sing very loudly, so you prob won't hear me. I don't usually dance, but I can jump.:naughty: I'll stand up definitely if that doesn't bother anyone else... But i know I won't be able to contain myself. But don't worry... I won't be too hysterical. Just enjoying myself and soaking it all in.

So... I can do both, I can mime and stay quiet or sing out loud, and I can stand up and dance, jump, but I can also stay seated. It's just a matter of when the time comes, for me. And of the people around me.

I do think Mika enjoys the singing and dancing and partying a lot, but of course in certain songs it just doesn't fit and would ruin the whole atmosphere, IMO... And I think we all understand that!

I'm up to it, Mana!

And... I'm so excited.

Please, someone answer me.. Is anyone going on a dress? Because if you were joking, I already bought one and don't think I'll be going back on my decision:teehee: