MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

You know how things are: someone thinks that they saw or heard something, or misunderstand something, and then suddenly it spreads like wildfire and the story is totally blown out of proportion.

I got a funny example of this today, about the Milan gig, where apparently some people had totally misunderstood what Mika said about the concept of acoustic. That made me laugh but was also a bit wakeup call about how people can often get the wrong end of the stick and not even know it.

The only thing that sort of bothered me today was that after the gig Mika was clearly in a massive rush to get out, because he obviously had to go to this after party, and I was thinking that as this was his (and our :naughty:) 'home gig', it would be the one chance to spend a bit longer with him.

Heck, I even thught that, because they knew how many fans were coming, there may even be a special meeting organised for us (like in Amsterdam last year). I guess that I was wrong and that the "vip's" were calling :biggrin2:.

You're joking Sari, I didn't even get to say hello, let alone have a meeting or vip bash. I never have much luck with Mika in London.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

939753a.jpg939753g.jpg939753o.jpg

Thanks to Nono, great FBeyeing today!!

And you captured brilliantly that mischievous air he had on his face as if to tell his audience :wink2: : we have been buddies so long now, you know me, I know you, we understand one another so well, we can play games together and we love it, don't we !

M.-Th.

:roftl:I don't think Nono captured anything except the link...and thanks Nono, it seems the usual London resources are all busy with Beyonce and the Tony Awards...a Mika show doesn't rate a mention.:aah:

Bab I am sorry to hear you didn't even get a hello.

Edited by Blue Sky

:roftl:I don't think Nono captured anything except the link...and thanks Nono, it seems the usual London resources are all busy with Beyonce and the Tony Awards...a Mika show doesn't rate a mention.:aah:

Bab I am sorry to hear you didn't even get a hello.

I never push it BS. There were a lot of Mika meeting virgins there, let them have their day.

You only have to look at the picture of Emerald meeting Mika in Milan, she was in 7th heaven, bless her, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Sorry I just happened to quote you, I was sick of everybody assuming things.

Next time you're sick of people assuming things I hope that it's when people are assuming completely ridiculous things. f.e. "Mika and Lady Gaga went out to dinner so they must be dating and she's pregnant - they're getting married and going to live in Ireland!!!"

What we were discussing was based on a text message I received. Yeah, we may have been thinking the worst, but we were left hanging with two statements that made us wonder wtf was going on. It was how the text was written and the way we hadn't seen evidence otherwise.. Chill out.. Today actually meant alot to us and it's not often we're involved like this in anything.

a few bits from leators report on the german forum:

- obviously they had technical difficulties with the sound system

- when mika got "any other world" wrong, he said (according to leator): I'm such a motherf***er... I really said motherf***er, didn't I? Well.... f*** :lmao:

- seems like some fans were quite rude during the stage invasion, pushing mika in a corner and grabbing at him. :sneaky2: leator said that, when mika left the stage, he looked quite unhappy. :sad:

LoL...what a news!!!:roftl:

- when mika got "any other world" wrong, he said (according to leator): I'm such a motherf***er... I really said motherf***er, didn't I? Well.... f*** :lmao:

:roftl:

- seems like some fans were quite rude during the stage invasion, pushing mika in a corner and grabbing at him. :sneaky2: leator said that, when mika left the stage, he looked quite unhappy. :sad:

I hate things like that :sneaky2: poor Mika!! to invite people on stage is a BIG gift he makes to us...and silly people ruin everything

You know Mellody, because you were there too, that in Milan when he called people on stage some girls started to pull down Mika's legs when we was on the piano and the security help him to go down and take him away :boxed:

Edited by Sarina

Next time you're sick of people assuming things I hope that it's when people are assuming completely ridiculous things. f.e. "Mika and Lady Gaga went out to dinner so they must be dating and she's pregnant - they're getting married and going to live in Ireland!!!"

What we were discussing was based on a text message I received. Yeah, we may have been thinking the worst, but we were left hanging with two statements that made us wonder wtf was going on. It was how the text was written and the way we hadn't seen evidence otherwise.. Chill out.. Today actually meant alot to us and it's not often we're involved like this in anything.

I appreciate that. I wonder why you didn't get an update from the people who told you that. (Caz? Fred?) Didn't they realise you would be worrying about the comment?

:boxed:

Mika needs a special trapdoor to fall through with an underground escape route, or to be hoistered up into the stage ceiling at times like these. Watch people jump for his shoes. Nevermind the chafing. It's for his own safety.

:boxed:

Mika needs a special trapdoor to fall through with an underground escape route, or to be hoistered up into the stage ceiling at times like these. Watch people jump for his shoes. Nevermind the chafing. It's for his own safety.

Honestly, I think the stage invasion isn't safe at all!!! I was worried in Milan. :sad:

Why doesn't anybody answer my questions about the queue?

Thank you for reports and pics so far!! :wub2:

a few bits from leators report on the german forum:

- seems like some fans were quite rude during the stage invasion, pushing mika in a corner and grabbing at him. leator said that, when mika left the stage, he looked quite unhappy.

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Thanks everyone for the reports!The gig's place was amazing and so FULL!I bet MIka was happy about that!!!

Unfortunately more often now happens that people are rude...of course I don't think that us MFC fans are rude but lately after gigs there are more "occasional" fan-people that waited for an autograph. Those people are rude sometimes...for example in Milan, few days ago, Mika was forced to go away and not sign an autograph to everyone (MFC fan included) because a girl jumped on his neck like a crazy and also a guy blocked him to take a pic together and Mika almost fell!

So....security guys, obviously scared for him, take Mika away and some of us hadn't the chance to chat with him even for a short second

oh.... didn't know what happened exactly !! :aah:

I hadn't the chance to even say hello to him either :sneaky2:

Honestly, I think the stage invasion isn't safe at all!!! I was worried in Milan. :sad:

they should allow less people to go on stage

so from that comment i guess it has been posted already? sorry, haven't seen it... am at work now+ don't have time to read the whole thread.

I hate things like that :sneaky2: poor Mika!! to invite people on stage is a BIG gift he makes to us...and silly people ruin everything

You know Mellody, because you were there too, that in Milan when he called people on stage some girls started to pull down Mika's legs when we was on the piano and the security help him to go down and take him away :boxed:

yeah, they grabbed at him in milan too, he fled on the piano from them, but they still grabbed his legs. :sneaky2: maybe in london he didn't make it to the piano... :naughty: i didn't see though how he got away from the stage in milan, it all happened so fast.

i also didn't see at the milan m+g that he almost fell over, just saw that he was suddenly surrounded by a mob after talking to mfc, and hurried to get to the car. stupid ppl, why do they have to ruin everything?! :sneaky2: if she wants to hug him, why doesn't she ask politely, i'm sure he would've done it!

I appreciate that. I wonder why you didn't get an update from the people who told you that. (Caz? Fred?) Didn't they realise you would be worrying about the comment?

Cazzie. Because they both went to la la land. :sleep_1: Too much :drunk_sing: of a good thing.

I'm hoping to hear something soon. But, from other peoples reports it looks obvious to me it was because of the stage invasion and perhaps the M&G people who abused the privilege. :annoyed_h4h: < My new favourite smiley.

i didn't realize what was happening while I was enjoying being on stage :sneaky2:

they should allow less people to go on stage

When the crowd goes wild, it's difficult to restrain them. :boxed:

They should choose people beforehand, but it wouldn't be fair for the other fans who are left out!

I agree! Though it would be fun. But still, not safe.

I can't answer your first 2 questions for sure so I won't, but there was an M&G line. People were asked to form a 2 x 2 line, some people at the beginning ignored this and then after their turn they went back to the end to try and see Mika again.. Someone mentioned that 2 pages or so back.

I hadn't the chance to even say hello to him either :sneaky2:

Aww. :sad:

yeah Mari...me too..:sneaky2:

:sad:

Mika needs an in and an out door for M&Gs. Walk in, say hi, get a hug, walk out. *deadbolts door*

so from that comment i guess it has been posted already? sorry, haven't seen it... am at work now+ don't have time to read the whole thread.

No, sorry Mellody, I meant that already happened before that they have technical difficulties with the sound system...so...I laugh for that!And I think how annnoying this could be for a musician!

Sorry if I explained myself bad :blush-anim-cl:

yeah, they grabbed at him in milan too, he fled on the piano from them, but they still grabbed his legs. :sneaky2: maybe in london he didn't make it to the piano... :naughty: i didn't see though how he got away from the stage in milan, it all happened so fast.

Yeah, in Milan we were really really near to the stage!!!!

i also didn't see at the milan m+g that he almost fell over, just saw that he was suddenly surrounded by a mob after talking to mfc, and hurried to get to the car. stupid ppl, why do they have to ruin everything?! :sneaky2: if she wants to hug him, why doesn't she ask politely, i'm sure he would've done it!

Yeah, I didn't saw that in person too, but other people says that the guy made him almost fell!!

And the girl...I agree...Mika is always so kind and he wouldn't say no for sure!

People are rude!!!

I agree! Though it would be fun. But still, not safe.

I can't answer your first 2 questions for sure so I won't, but there was an M&G line. People were asked to form a 2 x 2 line, some people at the beginning ignored this and then after their turn they went back to the end to try and see Mika again.. Someone mentioned that 2 pages or so back.

Is that what happened last night? :shocked: The same as in Milan? :boxed:

:sad:

Mika needs an in and an out door for M&Gs. Walk in, say hi, get a hug, walk out. *deadbolts door*

Well, in Milan maybe was made another mistake: Mika arrived about at 5 PM and he was in hurry because he had to make the soundcheck. There were some girls there (me included and some MFC fans) but also other people and he said something like that "sorry, I can't stay now but I will come back after the show to sign autographs" I think that created a lot of enthusiasm on people and someone got too excited...and those are the results :shocked: no way to speak with Mika....danger for him....and everything...

Cazzie. Because they both went to la la land. :sleep_1: Too much :drunk_sing: of a good thing.

I'm hoping to hear something soon. But, from other peoples reports it looks obvious to me it was because of the stage invasion and perhaps the M&G people who abused the privilege. :annoyed_h4h: < My new favourite smiley.

I didn't actually get to say goodbye to any of them, Christine, Mana, Fred, the only one was dcdeb, I stayed till Mika went then I talked to m. th for a while, didn't see any of them go.

I agree with the others, the stage invasions are getting a bit silly and there were a few of us in front of the stage who couldn't or didn't want to get up and you do get bashed a bit.

Edited by babspanky