"The Boy Who Knew Too Much" Album

Giulietta

In 1999 I was 7 years old and totally jaded in elementary school. :pinkbow:

haha...aww...that sounds so incredibly sad.

in 1999, i turned 9 on december 9th (lotta 9's eh?) hmmm...i was living in wisconsin and i was a panda bear in my school's christmas show.:biggrin2:

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant cover!! Love the image of the teenager in his room, all those pictures (including a few clowns) on the wall, the little purple pet looking through the window and also love the choice of colors!!

In 1999 I was in my final year of art school (after deciding not to pursue a Masters degree due to complete lack of interest and dedication), and was fully planning on moving to New York and getting a loft, spending my days illustrating and my nights networking (drinking) with the art director of Rolling Stone magazine and other fabulous people. Eventually, I would also be able to have a loft in Barcelona, where I would have many candles and lots of wine, and would paint scenes of the people that I'd see walking in the street as I watched them from my wall-to-wall windows. My Barcelona loft would be messy, with just a bed on one side and a full studio on the other, paint splattered on all the walls. Perhaps a cat wandering around. The New York loft would have to be smaller of course, but it would be in a good location.

I won't tell you what really happened since then... wouldn't want to burst anyone's bubble. :naughty:

Aw I want to read the rest of the story!! Well I think so anyway..:boxed:

I'm going to Barcelona next week as it happens..I'll keep a look out for a cheap and messy loft for you, it's never too late!! :mf_rosetinted:

1999 was all about Y2K. Anyone else who knows what that means join me at the Oldlings' please:naughty:

Oh yes- all the planes that didn't drop out of the sky, all the software they tried to sell us...!

*deep sigh* I'd be 37. I was living in the same flat and was just getting the job I've still got now. I was thinner, but not much else has changed- and not for lack of trying

haha...aww...that sounds so incredibly sad.

in 1999, i turned 9 on december 9th (lotta 9's eh?) hmmm...i was living in wisconsin and i was a panda bear in my school's christmas show.:biggrin2:

In 1999 I was 7 years old and totally jaded in elementary school. :pinkbow:

In 1999 I was 6 years old and put in year 3 when i was supposed to be in year 1 and all the 9-year-olds hated on me because i was this really smart 6 year old who shouldnt be in their class and one of them broke my arm when i punched him in those nose when he called me a boy :sneaky2:

In 1999 I was 6 years old and put in year 3 when i was supposed to be in year 1 and all the 9-year-olds hated on me because i was this really smart 6 year old who shouldnt be in their class and one of them broke my arm when i punched him in those nose when he called me a boy :sneaky2:

Oh :shocked::huglove: I don't even know what to say to that .... :huglove:

I like the artwork, though it's quite similar to the 1st album one. Except in the LiCM one pink and orange nuances were dominant, here it's darker :thumb_yello:

And, about the album name - what to say? Alfred Hitchcock,my favourite director and my hero,his movie, "The Man Who Knew Too Much"... Jimmy Stewart :wub2:

I think the title totally fits the whole album's thematics and songs and the way Mika felt.

I like it:thumb_yello:

Why in iTunes it is shown, that the album has 14 songs (Lady Jane) but in other onlineshops there is no this song. I am already mad... Third time I change news on Russian site, thinking it is my carelessness.

Why in iTunes it is shown, that the album has 14 songs (Lady Jane) but in other onlineshops there is no this song. I am already mad... Third time I change news on Russian site, thinking it is my carelessness.

Lady Jane is available as a download via Itunes ... but won't be on the album proper ... :thumb_yello:

1999...I was 9/10 years old I think? I was in year 6. The last year of junior school.

I have happy memories there actually...I played the main part in a school production, Charlie and I were always geeking off...I have my first crush :teehee:

But obviously I was in year 6 when september came round. Year 5 was also good, studied Greek Mythology which I fell in love with...Junior school was just a pretty darn good experience overall. It was senior school I hated :roftl:

Can I just ask why is everyone talking about '99 in their lives? I can't catch up nowadays:aah:

:dunno: I went back a couple of pages and everyone's going "WHEN IN 1999...." :roftl:

There's a postal stamp on top of the artwork with the year 1999 on it, so I guess that's where it's stemmed from.

Can I just ask why is everyone talking about '99 in their lives? I can't catch up nowadays:aah:

There is a postmark on the album cover that says London 1999 so we all got to talking about what Mika was doing in 1999 and then what we were doing. I think it's my fault. :teehee:

:dunno: I went back a couple of pages and everyone's going "WHEN IN 1999...." :roftl:

There's a postal stamp on top of the artwork with the year 1999 on it, so I guess that's where it's stemmed from.

hahaha:lmfao:

Aaaah I didn't even notice it:blush-anim-cl:

That's nice I think:biggrin2:

There is a postmark on the album cover that says London 1999 so we all got to talking about what Mika was doing in 1999 and then what we were doing. I think it's my fault. :teehee:

That's actually quite nice:teehee:

I... I was 4.. I have no idea what I was doing:lmfao:

Just know I was really made fun of by then, even in kindergarten:dunno:

1999 - first year at uni. Making new great friends - but where are they now?! I was about 8 kg fatter, had spots and short black hair. Total disaster! Would go back in time, anyway!

Oh and I was a hopeless Bee Gees and Michael Jackson fan. Wow!

That's actually quite nice:teehee:

I... I was 4.. I have no idea what I was doing:lmfao:

Just know I was really made fun of by then, even in kindergarten:dunno:

don't know why but the bolded bit made me giggle a bit :roftl:

1999 was all about Y2K. Anyone else who knows what that means join me at the Oldlings' please:naughty:

Lol, I remember, I always associate it with the will smith song tho :aah:

Let's see, I was 12, so last year of elementary school --> best time of my life and beginning of secundary education --> horrible:boxed:

So yeah, a bit of duality there :naughty: What I remember most was my math teacher from hell:mf_rosetinted:

Blame it on the girl :mf_rosetinted:

Errr....girl? I thought that we'd established that Christine was (the meanest) hag :naughty::biggrin2: