Mika said a wordy dird...

catwomanwithawhip

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're talking about the word I think we are, then did anyone stop to think that Mika might actually be referring to a large concrete barrier used to retain water...:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

of COURSE he is I mean it was used metaphorically to desribe the barrier in which he keeps the teen angst from flowing OBVIOUSLY :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Edited by sparkly1

of COURSE he is I mean it was used metaphorically to desribe the barrier in which he keeps the teen angst from flowing OBVIOUSLY :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Obviously! LOL!!!

When I was a child, my mum would tell us off for saying it.

But when we grew up, she never bothered, but went ballistic the first time I used the f word at the age of 14!

ROFL. It took me a while to figure out which word you meant:teehee:

At first I was like: ''Huh, swearword? There is a swearword in that song?:blink:''

And then I read the whole lyrics, and thought it was damn.

Seriously:roftl:Like EVERYONE's said, he has said soo much worse:naughty:

But I can understand it.

LOl the word that starts with a d lol in the video for we are golden...

would yall get out the pitchforks and torches if i said it wasnt my cup of tea????

:boxed::boxed::boxed:

What's the word??? :teehee::shocked:

EDIT: "damn?!?" That's not that bad...look at his tweets.... :lmfao:

I have not understood... In Mika's song there is an abusive word? It is interesting. I do not know bad words in the English, only Mika's favourite word)

What does it mean and where is concrete it is audible? Dird.... And how further?

I do not know... Mika even swears is sweet:teehee:

i'm completely lost... :blink: someone help, please! you could PM the word...

edit : never mind i got it. i didn't really think that was swearing cos i use it sometimes and i rarely use swear words unless there's something really wrong. i use c**p quite a lot... i had a conversation about another very bad word with my english teacher and i didn't know it existed or that it was so bad!

(i'm sorry i'm slow... is it the thing a beaver builds?)

Edited by RainbowGirl

What swear word?? :boxed: Surely not Damn??

For ****s sake (sorry :teehee:) he uses far worse language than that in real life!:naughty:

Exactly :naughty:, I just don't see the bother. I would even like it if he did a song like the one that Lily Allen has that Sienna mentioned, I love that song :biggrin2:.

The one thing that kind of makes me raise my eyebrows though is comparing swearing (even perceived swearig) to the homosexual implication in Billy Brown....Why would that be wrong, or why would a child need to be kept in ignorance of such things?

Can't they just naturally be told that it's not always men and women who get together and leave it at that?

i'm completely lost... :blink: someone help, please! you could PM the word...

edit : never mind i got it. i didn't really think that was swearing cos i use it sometimes and i rarely use swear words unless there's something really wrong. i use c**p quite a lot... i had a conversation about another very bad word with my english teacher and i didn't know it existed or that it was so bad!

(i'm sorry i'm slow... is it the thing a beaver builds?)

the word is damn ... it can't be that bad if MFC doesn't beep it out :wink2:

Exactly :naughty:, I just don't see the bother. I would even like it if he did a song like the one that Lily Allen has that Sienna mentioned, I love that song :biggrin2:.

The one thing that kind of makes me raise my eyebrows though is comparing swearing (even perceived swearig) to the homosexual implication in Billy Brown....Why would that be wrong, or why would a child need to be kept in ignorance of such things?

Can't they just naturally be told that it's not always men and women who get together and leave it at that?

i love that song too! it's amazing!

the word is damn ... it can't be that bad if MFC doesn't beep it out :wink2:

In its original religious sense it meant that you were cursing someone and hoping they would suffer eternal damnation in hell. I know some Christian communities would still use it in that sense. But in secular societies today it's just a word :dunno:

I have not understood... In Mika's song there is an abusive word? It is interesting. I do not know bad words in the English, only Mika's favourite word)

What does it mean and where is concrete it is audible? Dird.... And how further?

I do not know... Mika even swears is sweet:teehee:

He sings: "Who gives a damn about the family you come from!?!":naughty:

And damn is like a curse, Silver explains it in her post.

Maybe you can have some use for this site:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=damn

In its original religious sense it meant that you were cursing someone and hoping they would suffer eternal damnation in hell. I know some Christian communities would still use it in that sense. But in secular societies today it's just a word :dunno:

If we're talking about the word I think we are, then did anyone stop to think that Mika might actually be referring to a large concrete barrier used to retain water...:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

dike?:boxed:

I think they're talking about the d word in: who gives a d... abt the family you come from.:blush-anim-cl:

I kept thinking dike until I read Mireille's post. Ha, in dutch dam and dike (dijk) have the same meaning. (Except when you use it in a not so nice sense...)

I already wondered where Mika sang dike in WAG!!

I love the FY-song by Lilly Allen too!

My kids (13,10 and 7y) already know for a long time that love is not exceptional for only man <> women!

Obviously! LOL!!!

When I was a child, my mum would tell us off for saying it.

But when we grew up, she never bothered, but went ballistic the first time I used the f word at the age of 14!

Yeah, I think it's different for young children, but other than that, I see no harm.

Most swear words don't bother me really ... apart from the C word .... can't stand that one ... I don't really swear that much .... not like some people I hear :aah:

I can't stand the C word either. =|

I love that song too! =]

I think it's more that young children, when gaining this information could potentially use it inappropriately, due to their maturity level. For example, I was about 6 or 7 when I first learned the scientific term for a man's genitalia. According to my mum, I then went out into the front yard and yelled it out until she came and told me that there are some things that we don't shout out in public. :naughty: