Blame It On The Girls Video

racinghorse83

He did mention on a Dutch show that Rain would be his next single.. but I don't think he's recording a video for it.. so I don't get it either. Probably he meant Rain will be the 3rd single.. :wink2:

No Rain will be the next single in Holland and some other countries, he is filming a video for it. BIOTG will be released in the UK as a second single

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've warmed up to the video. It's got it's quirks but as a whole I like it for what it is. I think I had already planned out the video in my head prior watching it so my preconceived notions were coloring my opinion. The points everyone's made have been a very interesting read. I still love that hat :wub2:. I autually wasn't real fond of the song at first but I find it is the one I play the most often these days. That and Pick up off the floor anyhow.

I just saw it for the first time. I liked it! I think my favorite part is the motion for the popping of the bottle of wine. :naughty: I also couldn't help but giggle at 2:31 when he's playing the piano. Just how he's sitting with his knee up then the intense stare cracks me up.

The girl's costumes were interesting. It took me a minute to realize that it wasn't only their outfit that was portraying a guy but their hair is cut short and they have half a mustache. :naughty: I'm not terribly observant at 1:30am I guess. :blush-anim-cl:

Everybody would just LOVE it if they announced that it was the wrong version, accidentally aired instead of the superedited, hyperglossy real video, with dancers being all tight and Mika doing the real MJ. Everyone would adore the flaws all of a sudden, I'm sure.

First, a minor gripe; I'm not in love with the fact that the girls' dresses are part orange, and he's in pink. Just me being moany, but the colours don't seem to go well together.

I never think pink and orange go good together but it always surprises me, like the time I found a pretty shirt that was pink and orange. It didn't bother me in the video because his pink was very pale. Also it doesn't seem to bother me when I go to Dunkin Donuts. :teehee::naughty:

Such an odd color combination... especially to brand your company with. Although red and yellow isn't much better for McDonalds but I read somewhere they decorate with those colors because it tends to make us eat faster so we're in and out and not lounging around there all day. Off topic. :aah:

No Rain will be the next single in Holland and some other countries, he is filming a video for it. BIOTG will be released in the UK as a second single

He told us after Jools Holland it was Rain.

Yeah, I think it's BIOTG here in the US, Rain just about everywhere else.

Which I think makes a lot of sense. Rain will do well in the dance clubs

here, I'm sure of it, but I don't know whether it would get much radio

play. I think BIOTG at least has a fighting chance :naughty:

Yeah, I think it's BIOTG here in the US, Rain just about everywhere else.

Which I think makes a lot of sense. Rain will do well in the dance clubs

here, I'm sure of it, but I don't know whether it would get much radio

play. I think BIOTG at least has a fighting chance :naughty:

I think Touches You also would stand a chance too! After the radio stations refusing to play him and the whole GMA mess it still feels like Mika is an 'our little secret' type thing even though he sells out shows. Most people I know have never heard of him... although I live in the boonies so maybe that's why. :aah:

I wonder what the radio stations reasons are for not playing him now?

Everybody would just LOVE it if they announced that it was the wrong version, accidentally aired instead of the superedited, hyperglossy real video, with dancers being all tight and Mika doing the real MJ. Everyone would adore the flaws all of a sudden, I'm sure.

It hurts when my brain is forced to do a somersault so early in the morning:sneaky2:…but I do think you have a point!:biggrin2:

Not for me I don't think. I was so happy when they edited the Big Girl video after a few days of non stop discussions about how crap the first edit was. :teehee:

And the director's cut of WAG was awesome, although I wouldn't say the first one was flawed really.

I don't want Mika to be MJ really...I like the sequence in the middle where they show him from the hips up and there is another good one, but it's in the black and white background instead of the foreground. Whether it's real or an illusion they just have the appearance of being faster and in proper time with the music. The full body shots they chose drag down the pace of the song.

This happened in Calvin Harris' latest video too. It wasn't that the dancing was bad, but they used a bunch of slo-mo shots and it lowered the energy of the music.

*prays* lol

Did they edit it? I must be a bad fan, I don't know anything about editing the BigGirl vid....:blink:

I think there are a couple of versions but no major changes, really. Just slightly different scenes at the end if I remember correctly.

I would be disappointed if there is a superedited, hyperglossy version because that would be boring. However, I have gone on quite enough about how much I love the "flaws" and why I think they are artistically valid and enjoyable.

I'm sure that version would be on youtube anyway lol

I would be disappointed if there is a superedited, hyperglossy version because that would be boring. However, I have gone on quite enough about how much I love the "flaws" and why I think they are artistically valid and enjoyable.

I'm half and half on these flaws- some I think are flaws, but I don't think a super glossy Busby Berkely effect is what he was aiming for at all, I do think there's a deliberately casual intention

Would not prevent to have the "hyperglossy" version (as additional. But not a single variant). It could add more admirers to Mika. Extraneous people do not understand and do not appreciate sweet "flaws" but only cling to them.

I would NEVER!

I've got this huge thing about having official physical copies of things. I bought Live in Cartoon Motion specifically for the Everybody's Talkin' video and would have been heartbroken if Lollipop hadn't been on the PDP DVD.

If there was a release of Through The Looking Glass with his most recent Jools Holland stuff, I'd be all over that like stick on tape.

Nothing beats the quality of an official release. YouTube is a nice teaser, but it isn't satisfying.

okay, you can suffer then :naughty::roftl::roftl:

(no, seriously, I do get what you mean lol.)

I think there are a couple of versions but no major changes, really. Just slightly different scenes at the end if I remember correctly.

Yes but that's often all it takes to fix the worst problems. Remember when he broke through the streamer and it went into his mouth? :roftl:

This is why I don't buy the flaws-are-intentional thing. We've already seen the result of a rush video job. This has happened before. And it wasn't a leak of an unfinished copy either. If I recall correctly that edit went out for sale on iTunes or something similar.

Yes but that's often all it takes to fix the worst problems. Remember when he broke through the streamer and it went into his mouth? :roftl:

This is why I don't buy the flaws-are-intentional thing. We've already seen the result of a rush video job. This has happened before. And it wasn't a leak of an unfinished copy either. If I recall correctly that edit went out for sale on iTunes or something similar.

Oh yes I remember that lol!!! I thought that was still in the video! :roftl:

I think they've cropped the worst part out. I hope so anyway. :roftl:

Oh right lol :naughty: When I first read that though, I thought you wrote that he broke the streamer and it went in his mouth...I had this vision of Mika playing with it right near his face, and then all of a sudden it blew up or something :lmfao: