Blame It On The Girls Video

racinghorse83

I very like this video. I think the best videos of Mika are on "Grace Kelly" and "Blame it on the girls". It`s really cool! The song is super and video is same :thumb_yello:

Hello Larina :bye: I like Grace Kelly and Blame it on the Girls too! GK vid is hypnotizing!!

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another golden part to me is the ending where they leave him in jumping in the air, which to me is one of his trade marks (the high jumping)!:wub2:

I absolutely love that they included that jump, I must say. I think it's

really interesting how the camera pulled back to show the whole

set, even the crew (director?) to give some perspective on how

high of a jump it was, too. It has become one of his trademarks, hasn't it?

Ah come on, we are entitled to our own opinion aren’t we?:naughty:

I know what you mean Nina, but seriously, who could ever compete with the big debaters on this forum, and I’m saying this in most nice and loving way :wub2: if it wasn’t for the word-rich and talkative people I wouldn’t have so much fun and be able learn so much English.

But even I can fell a little powerless sometimes when I say 50 words and get 500 back!

Read back and you’ll see!:wink2:

I know what you mean, as well! Even as a native speaker of English,

some posts are too "word-rich", as you put it, even for me! :naughty:

But yes, we absolutely are all entitled to our opinion and I think everyone

here has been doing an EXCELLENT job of expressing theirs! :biggrin2:

It's not stupid for people to like this video. Mika is adorable and I think most fans are going to like it on some level. There's just room for improvements in my opinion.

I agree with that, there always is in most everything, I think. Paying

attention to some of the details would have undoubtedly made it a

better video (yes, I noticed the cane slip from the very first time, too).

But I think the overall effect of the video is a good one and most

people aren't going to watch it frame by frame as we do.

I would hope that most people are going to see the video and say, "Hey,

that Mika is cute... and I really like that song!" IOW, I hope the music

stands out more than the visual in the end. :thumb_yello:

Slightly offtopic but - am I the ONLY one who wasn't in the least scared/taken aback/shocked to see Meeks in his boxers, and who instead thoroughly enjoyed it? :teehee:

I thought it was a good concept because EVERYBODY has done that in the privacy of their bedroom or their living room when everyone is out.

Most people won't admit it.

I think it would be a real chore to find anyone who has not danced around in their room to their favourite song or a new song & in their underwear.

Yeah the first time I saw the video it was playing on my parents widescreen high definition tv, with my parents in the room. I think I probably went a bit red.

Dad: 'That's that fella you like, ain't it Noll?'

Mum: 'I can see why.'

Me: '......:blush-anim-cl:'

Your Mom is naughty!:wub2::teehee::shocked:

Why is gushing about how fabulous Mika is considered okay, but as soon as people don't love a particular aspect of his work, people start saying "oh, what's up with all the moaning"? Can we not discuss the good and the bad where His Royal Mikaness is concerned? :roftl:

I don't think that is the case here though.

We are talking about some here going on & on & on through pages & pages & days & days of complaining about the vid.

That is a long way from, "but as soon as people don't love a particular aspect of his work, people start saying "oh, what's up with all the moaning?"

I happen to liike the vid but that doesn't mean I don't respect other people's opinion.

For whatever reason there is some very passionate & "ongoing" vitriol about the BIOTG vid.

I don't think that is the case here though.

We are talking about some here going on & on & on through pages & pages & days & days of complaining about the vid.

That is a long way from, "but as soon as people don't love a particular aspect of his work, people start saying "oh, what's up with all the moaning?"

I happen to liike the vid but that doesn't mean I don't respect other people's opinion.

For whatever reason there is some very passionate & "ongoing" vitriol about the BIOTG vid.

It's not really moaning in my opinion, it's just a discussion in my eyes :dunno:

It's not really moaning in my opinion, it's just a discussion in my eyes :dunno:

Of course it's a discussion, and the feeling of moaning might be based on the fact that we all have so different starting position when it comes to language! And…:teehee:.a lot of other factors…:naughty:

A discussion like this one and many other we have had on this forum has helped me too see things from other people’s point of view which I always find interesting.

I would never have able to find all those little flaws or details in the video for example if I had not had them pointed out to me!

Not that I love the video any less because of that of course!:wink2:

Why is gushing about how fabulous Mika is considered okay, but as soon as people don't love a particular aspect of his work, people start saying "oh, what's up with all the moaning"? Can we not discuss the good and the bad where His Royal Mikaness is concerned? :roftl:

Oh but I don't care what people think, even if you don't like it, I couldn't care less. I was just stating the fact that whatever he does is never good enough. And believe me, the gushing alone gives me a headache as well. I guess I'm just a strange person.:naughty:

Yes (can't remember who I'm agreeing with, sorry- Inbar Assaf?) it would be nice to hear what Mika said about this vid- a making of would suit me fine.

I think he's been a bit quiet about this one though- a little tweet about clothes and that was it- none of the bubbling enthusiasm he seemed to have for WAG. But I've only really got WAG to compare it with, I wasn't here for the rest, and I think it was a less bloggy tweety world back then anyway

At some point I'm gonna have to watch Clockwork Orange, aren't I? *deep sigh*

Yes (can't remember who I'm agreeing with, sorry- Inbar Assaf?) it would be nice to hear what Mika said about this vid- a making of would suit me fine.

I think he's been a bit quiet about this one though- a little tweet about clothes and that was it- none of the bubbling enthusiasm he seemed to have for WAG. But I've only really got WAG to compare it with, I wasn't here for the rest, and I think it was a less bloggy tweety world back then anyway

I think it's overrated, and not really very nice :no: I think a few stills would suffice :teehee:

I like the idea of living in a bloggy tweety world :biggrin2: Could be a theme for a song

"For we are living in a bloggy tweety world

And I am a bloggy tweety girl"

:drunk_sing:

Sorry :blush-anim-cl: got carried away :teehee:

Oh - back on topic - nice vid, nice multiple Mikas, dancing gorls a bit naff :original:

This video reminds me of so many things. Andy Warhol, Katy Perry's outfit at the EMAs last year (or was it the VMAs? :blink: )Clockwork Orange :rolls_eyes: and a bit of Calvin's "The Girls" just with the dance moves and stuff.

I love it :teehee:

ANDY WARHOL! YES! :aah:

I thought Victor Victoria myself, just cause of the boy/girl thing :naughty:

Warning if you do: it's a very odd movie. A lot to understand and you really have to get past the sickening violence and things that happen and get to the core of the idea to appreciate what was trying to be done.

If you just want to understand the appearence reference then I would just look up pictures or something.

Unless you think you would get the movie.

Warning if you do: it's a very odd movie. A lot to understand and you really have to get past the sickening violence and things that happen and get to the core of the idea to appreciate what was trying to be done.

Superb movie though. :thumb_yello:

Superb movie though. :thumb_yello:

Oh yes, one of my absolute favourites. Really sick but so smart. And I mean the doctors were sick, not poor Alex :wub2:

Have you read the book? Fantastic book too. The original ending is really important I think. :thumb_yello:

Victor Victoriiaaaa, yes! :naughty: I didn't think of that.

That's the first thing I thought of. Never cared for Katy Perry and never pain and attention to her so I didn't know she did that outfit.

Oh yes, one of my absolute favourites. Really sick but so smart. And I mean the doctors were sick, not poor Alex :wub2:

Have you read the book? Fantastic book too. The original ending is really important I think. :thumb_yello:

I have indeed read the book, and while I agree the original ending is important, I still didn't like the book overall because I hated all the slang. I know the whole point was to indoctrinate the reader into speaking this psuedo-language just like the indoctrination in the story and movie, but it just annoyed me :blush-anim-cl:

Also, I agree, I didn't know about Katy Perry's dress and thought of Victor/Victoria!

I tried watching Clockwork Orange once. Well, sort of. I flicked my TV on and it was already on...I remember a scene of whiteness and naked ladies and I think they were being raped? Something about shadows on the wall.

And then this guy sitting on his bed with this man and the man was talking SO F*CKING FAST - faster than me, I swear to God - and I just zoned out, completely lost interest, and turned it off lol :teehee:

I tried watching Clockwork Orange once. Well, sort of. I flicked my TV on and it was already on...I remember a scene of whiteness and naked ladies and I think they were being raped? Something about shadows on the wall.

And then this guy sitting on his bed with this man and the man was talking SO F*CKING FAST - faster than me, I swear to God - and I just zoned out, completely lost interest, and turned it off lol :teehee:

It's a classic. Very visual but all about the psychology behind the story. It's not the sorta thing you can just jump into :naughty: I have no idea if it would be your thing (obviously, I don't know you) but it is one of those 'everyone should give it a proper go at least once' kinda classics.

I have indeed read the book, and while I agree the original ending is important, I still didn't like the book overall because I hated all the slang. I know the whole point was to indoctrinate the reader into speaking this psuedo-language just like the indoctrination in the story and movie, but it just annoyed me :blush-anim-cl:

Also, I agree, I didn't know about Katy Perry's dress and thought of Victor/Victoria!

I loved the slang, once I got ahold of it of course. It took me a bit but I think it really added to the mood and the feeling of the story. It set up the adolescence (sp?) of the characters but it didn't diminish Alex's brains.:thumb_yello:

I haven't seen Victor Victoria in so long, I need to watch it again.

Ah, that scene. It's prolly not best to try to watch that movie from the middle :naughty: too confusing :bleh:

Why did I think Rain was going to be the second single? I'm way behind.

He did mention on a Dutch show that Rain would be his next single.. but I don't think he's recording a video for it.. so I don't get it either. Probably he meant Rain will be the 3rd single.. :wink2: