1955 Tour

guylainem123

Last night, i was present during the taping of "Tout le Monde en parle" television show.

Because i had to sign a confidentiality agreement, i wasn't going to mention what was said until it was made public on television Sunday night.

However, our dear Mika was giving interviews on two radio stations in Montreal this afternoon and said exactly the same thing as last night. So i think all bets are off! :naughty:

As we know, Mika's new Tour for The Boy Who Knew Too Much is called 1955.

The idea behind this tour is a civilian that goes into space. During his space travel, something goes very wrong and he gets lost in space.

And when the show starts, we find out that the civilian turned astronaut lost in space is Mika.

Mika mentionned the name of the man who will be narrating at the beginning of his show, but i completely forgot his name. but if someone says it, i'll be able to recognise it. i think the last name is Mc something :teehee:

He mentioned today on the radio that the set is being built as we speak in Toronto and that some of the objects/props came from Montreal.

*** deb mentioned Ian McKellen and yes!! it's him!

WOW The concept sounds really interesting!!

So thats why he tweeted some time ago that it's going to be all about outer space for the next few months.

Cant wait to see vids from the American gigs:wub2:

The concept sounds really interesting and

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am, but he mentioned in a recent dutch interview that the new stage design won't start 'til next year.

But he said specifically that the North American show is called 1955 and now he's saying the theme of 1955 is lost in space. I think the European thing is something different.

It all makes sense.. He seems to be doing completely different shows on each tour in terms of the concept... So the European one will have a different theme, for sure. He also mentioned that he will re-design the whole show for the autumn of 2010, so that can only mean another tour in the autumn of next year :blush-anim-cl: ... not sure on which continents - hopefully on all :groovy:, though I don't mind if he neglects the Antarctica.:cool:

PS: thank you for the update, Guylaine. Sounds like a great concept. I hope it will be released as DVD so that we can enjoy it later on this part of the world as well.

When? Where?

Fail on me for being out of the loop. And fail on him for never knowing what he's talking about :naughty:

This is what he said on Twitter last week:

Just leaving rehersals for N America tour. The show is called 1955. And is rather other worldly. I am now excited.

This fits in with what Guylaine is saying that he spoke about on the TV show in Montreal.

Anyway we'll know on Monday what the deal is for sure. :naughty:

Isn't French&Saunders? I love Dawn French!:wub2:Pure love I tell you!:wub2:

Just one word: read her biography if you haven done it!

Funny, touching and very, very clever, and to me the ultimate test of my English!:teehee:

:swoon:

Oh and if he falls down, we'll catch him so gently!:wub2:

:das:

Yes, French&saunders, pardon my french, Sienna, i was too tired last night...:naughty:

By the look of it, when the 1955 Tour show gets to Portugal, it'll be called 2055...:mf_rosetinted:

Some more info from an article:

"C'est une salle plus traditionnelle... où le spectacle ne le sera pas. Je dirai simplement que le show commence comme si nous étions en 1955 et que... j'étais mort!"

--> It's a traditional venue, but the show won't be. I'll simply say that the show begins as if we're in 1955 and that... I was dead!

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/arts/musique/200910/10/01-910333-mika-le-garcon-qui-en-savait-assez.php

when i watch the show on sunday, i'll listen again to how he explains it.

i can't listen to the radio interviews anymore, but the show should tell us.

The NRJ interview is posted on their website but can't seem to get it to play!!!

$?//$?&$$/

Edit: see the "Mika on NRJ Montréal" thread...

Edited by sunshine931

The idea behind this tour is a civilian that goes into space. During his space travel, something goes very wrong and he gets lost in space.

:lmfao: Sweet!

I still hope we will some "nice" moves (like in my sig. gif) to Touches You. The lyrics and music fits perfect to something like that. Bet "touching me touching you" can look very good. and prob. also "i wanna be wanna be whatever else that touches you". Can only imagine there will be a :wink2::das: in his eyes under it... Ok im looking a lot forward to see Touches You live :roftl:

Oh, me too:wink2::naughty:

Last night, i was present during the taping of "Tout le Monde en parle" television show.

Because i had to sign a confidentiality agreement, i wasn't going to mention what was said until it was made public on television Sunday night.

However, our dear Mika was giving interviews on two radio stations in Montreal this afternoon and said exactly the same thing as last night. So i think all bets are off!

And when the show starts, we find out that the civilian turned astronaut lost in space is Mika.

Mika mentionned the name of the man who will be narrating at the beginning of his show, but i completely forgot his name. but if someone says it, i'll be able to recognise it. i think the last name is Mc something

He mentioned today on the radio that the set is being built as we speak in Toronto and that some of the objects/props came from Montreal.

*** deb mentioned Ian McKellen and yes!! it's him!

Interesting...

And hell yeah!!! :bow:s to Ian McKellen...

I'm assuming Ian will pre record his bits... but still, that's cool!

Oh, i know, Guy!

Mcleod!

lambert_mcleod.jpg

:teehee:

Highlander is a good movie...

So he's practically working or get collaboration with/from everyone attending that prick up your ears whateva afterparty now?

DW - A Laideeeeee in Rain

Sir IM - 1955 Tour

Am i pushing it up when i risk saying Matt Lucas is going to be the next one featuring the next vid?

The only lonely gay in town dancing in his glittery underware on One Foot Boy?

"There’s a one foot only gay in town eleven stone

He's sitting on my shoulder"

My guess is Vicky Pollard will pop up somewhere :teehee:

What about Graham Norton?? He was in the picture, right?

He says that America gets the "Warholian Factory" type show, but that Europe gets the new show. So it's silver confetti for us lot

Ooooh.. shiny! I like the idea of the shiny bits, bit the 1955 concept would be cool too...

I still hope we will some "nice" moves (like in my sig. gif) to Touches You. The lyrics and music fits perfect to something like that. Bet "touching me touching you" can look very good. and prob. also "i wanna be wanna be whatever else that touches you". Can only imagine there will be a :wink2::das: in his eyes under it... Ok im looking a lot forward to see Touches You live

OG I hope so...

If he does, I'm so climbing on stage and crash tackling him... :das:

*goes to watch SD vid*

It all makes sense.. He seems to be doing completely different shows on each tour in terms of the concept... So the European one will have a different theme, for sure. He also mentioned that he will re-design the whole show for the autumn of 2010, so that can only mean another tour in the autumn of next year :blush-anim-cl: ... not sure on which continents - hopefully on all :groovy:, though I don't mind if he neglects the Antarctica.:cool:

I'm sure those fans in Antarctica will object to that suggestion Suzie! :sneaky2::naughty:

I wonder what he will do for the Autumn tour? And where exactly he'll be touring? I hope it's Asia-Pacific...