The rain video!

Droopsy

It's a bit annoying but my film studies teacher promises me that there will be a point where I can just sit down and watch something and it won't bug me, I'll just be much more knowledgeable than what I'm watching than a lot of other people and I'll enjoy it all the more for it.

I'm a film student in LA, and it really screws me up when it comes to anything like this :naughty: I can rarely just enjoy anything anymore!

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I'm the only one who didn't really like the video :huh: Because seriously, when they're running through the field with the fireworks overhead, it looks ridiculously fake in my opinion.

I didn't like the shot where you see him running towards the camera and all the little chicas running behind him. It kind of looked like he was running from crazy fangirls.

But I did like the slow motion shot. I think it was really well done. Also I think in this video it's more of a you're seeing what he's seeing rather than what's ACTUALLY happening style video so it won't be realistic throughout.

Wood nymph meets Joker sounds like the ultimate shiz.

And now you've made me be all sad over Heath Ledger. :sad:

LOL, sorry :/

Perhaps I'm the only one who didn't really like the video :huh: Because seriously, when they're running through the field with the fireworks overhead, it looks ridiculously fake in my opinion.

I don't think it should have been fireworks. Bring on torrential Rain and Lightning!

I think this video is the best he's ever done. It captures the song perfectly for me and on top of that I can see alot of people liking it. WAG was a little too "in your face" for alot of people I know ( I loved it but that's a differnet matter!).

I liked the demons/creatures, they were weird enough to represent what they needed to without slippin over the line to be too nightmarish. Dark fairly tales :)

I'm a film student in LA, and it really screws me up when it comes to anything like this :naughty: I can rarely just enjoy anything anymore!

Yeah, I did Media Production for two years and now I'm doing a film studies degree so there's no magic of the movies anymore. And it makes me LOL when you see classical films with driving scene where the background's being projected behind them and the one driving keeps moving the wheel even though they're going down a straight road. :naughty:

OMG!

:jawdrop:

:woot_jump:

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT:blush-anim-cl:

It is officially his first video I really like. :groovy::groovy::groovy:

..and also believe it will support the song commercially :teehee:

Well done:thumb_yello:

:groupwave:

Edited by suzie

Yeah, I did Media Production for two years and now I'm doing a film studies degree so there's no magic of the movies anymore. And it makes me LOL when you see classical films with driving scene where the background's being projected behind them and the one driving keeps moving the wheel even though they're going down a straight road. :naughty:

But that's how they drive in Hollywood :wink2:

Very dark, moody and brooding.

Like that very much, definitely suits the mood of the song.

Like the use of fireworks and the light at the end, gives it a positive ending , being in the dark forest is the negativeness of the relationship, and the light at the end is the light at the end of the tunnel as it were, getting out of it and going forward to happier times.

I didn't like the shot where you see him running towards the camera and all the little chicas running behind him. It kind of looked like he was running from crazy fangirls.

But I did like the slow motion shot. I think it was really well done. Also I think in this video it's more of a you're seeing what he's seeing rather than what's ACTUALLY happening style video so it won't be realistic throughout.

Oh I quite like seeing him running away from that. It's dramatic. My only other "complaint" (which isn't really a complaint) is that some shots could have been shorter/faster, therefore more shots could have been used to create more of a crazy/frightning/hyperactive atmosphere.

The bit where they're circling Mika as well...it should have been more enclosed I think and claustrophobic, possibly grabbing Mika with Mika trying to get away while still singing helplessly at the camera.

I think that's all I have to say about it...

LOVED the ending, where Mika stands breathless with the wood nymphs in the background (that's their official title now). It's like ... "you got nowhere to go but to face us".

Drams.

What happened to: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20245&highlight=david+williams ???

I think the clip is a bit HarryPotter meets dr Who meets ....(I have no more examples..)

I'm SO glad he isn't in the video, unless he's a wood nymph LMAO.

I loved the fact that the video created this whole different world to take place in. It was so very Mika mixed with Alice in Wonderland and some Tim Burton. And Mika looked great :biggrin2:

But holy cow, who was lighting this thing and what were they going for?? I think it was lit horribly, it just makes the whole "forest" look exactly like it was built in a studio (which is probably was, but I'd assume they don't want it to look like that!). The lighting was my main issue :thumbdown: Besides the cheesy special effect fireworks that looked incredibly fake.