No ***ing accident: MIKA SINGS HIS HEART OUT EVERY SHOW

Blue Sky

No, you're right, of course it doesn't, AT ALL, and that is what I was trying to say, that the guy is a total twat for saying what he did.

I was just throwing in something that did sort of bug me a little, because it gives morons like this man a platform from which to slate people like Mika, who leaves his skin on stage every night and gives the show all his passion. And it makes me mad.

It's especially obvious towards the end, and in the chorus. But yes, I know what you mean about people's comments, it's infuriating. That's because there are hardly any artists out there at the moment who CAN sing like Mika.

I often say that his voice sounds a lot better when he sings live than on the recorded studio tracks. I wonder if it's the interaction with the audience that does it, but IMO there is no doubt that his best performances are always live with an audience-And I am only talking about his voice and singing here, not about the actual show. His voice live is just something else.

I don't know for how many he did, but for these two I can hear it very clearly. It's probably because otherwise the songs would sound very different to the album, as they are so heavily layered? I don't know. All I know is that if you listen carefully you can hear his own voice singing in the background while he is doing the lead vocal, or waiting to sing one. It's inevitable, the way the song is, I guess, but I would prefer it to be 'purer' and to sound different than to sound like the record and have all these tracks on it.

I always say that Mika is at his best when he's pure and simple.

But answering your last question, no, this guy meant the whole thing, so he's still a twatty a*sehole :roftl:

I agree, and should I ever meet the guy, I'll tell him!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you're right, of course it doesn't, AT ALL, and that is what I was trying to say, that the guy is a total twat for saying what he did.

I was just throwing in something that did sort of bug me a little, because it gives morons like this man a platform from which to slate people like Mika, who leaves his skin on stage every night and gives the show all his passion. And it makes me mad.

It's especially obvious towards the end, and in the chorus. But yes, I know what you mean about people's comments, it's infuriating. That's because there are hardly any artists out there at the moment who CAN sing like Mika.

I often say that his voice sounds a lot better when he sings live than on the recorded studio tracks. I wonder if it's the interaction with the audience that does it, but IMO there is no doubt that his best performances are always live with an audience-And I am only talking about his voice and singing here, not about the actual show. His voice live is just something else.

I don't know for how many he did, but for these two I can hear it very clearly. It's probably because otherwise the songs would sound very different to the album, as they are so heavily layered? I don't know. All I know is that if you listen carefully you can hear his own voice singing in the background while he is doing the lead vocal, or waiting to sing one. It's inevitable, the way the song is, I guess, but I would prefer it to be 'purer' and to sound different than to sound like the record and have all these tracks on it.

But answering your last question, no, this guy meant the whole thing, so he's still a twatty a*sehole :roftl:

Yes, absolutely agree :thumb_yello:

I totally agree, and also how he comes much more alive when he has an audience, and an fully supportive audience to, when he does tv for exapmle without an audience... I often feel like something is missing for him, after seeing him live a fair number of times, well...you can just see the difference can't you.:biggrin2:

... I've decided I like you. You're cool. :biggrin2:

I completely agree with you! :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

:shocked:

Thanks Blue Sky for clarifying and detailing the whole thing. I find it just as disgusting as everyone else here does that idiots such as these (they are NOT critics, they are hacks) feel the need to sling mud around and spread vicious rumours about people with more talent than they themselves could ever hope to have in a hundred lifetimes :sneaky2:.

However, thanks also to Sariflor for being honest about the existence of the backing vocal tracks on a couple of songs in the show. I haven't watched enough footage of the shows to pick up on that, but I trust her to be telling the truth about it. Accusing Mika of miming is nonetheless completely wide of the mark as we all know, but if there WAS a backing track used, it gives us no credit to pretend there wasn't.

There is nothing wrong with using backing tracks to help create a layered sound for songs that demand it; I just don't understand why the layered vocal can't be achieved by utilizing the live vocals of the band members, notably Martin and Erika. :blink::dunno:. But that is beside the point really. It's still scandalous that Mika should be accused of miming just because his performance is stunningly slick. To anyone who has been at a Mika concert, this is so laughable as to be completely and utterly ridiculous. HE IS STUNNING live so put that in your pipe and smoke it, Mister :thumb_yello:.

I think it's a disgrace that Mika has to put up with this kind of thing. Anyone knows he doesn't mime. If he did, how could he pause in mid song to encourage the audiance and get them splitting down the middle to sing BIOTG etc.

The thing is, people just can't believe one man's voice can sound so good, but I hope this rediculous accusation stops now.

I would imagine he might need help to sing some of the layered songs from TBWKTM, but that's because he can't split his voicebox into two, but he still sings live over the backing. Everyone can tell he does!

That blogger is a prat who has no life or intelligence of his own!

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

thanx for this info BS, i only saw mika's tweet on mana's phone on saturday and she told me that it was a response to the accusation of miming, that's all i knew about it so far. now it becomes clear why mika bothered to answer to that at all.

as he is doing all his own vocals, it's clear that he has the background vocals on tape, as he can't sing more than one vocal at the same time. what do they want him to do, record his backing vocals on stage and then play them on the keyboard, like gary go did in LA? would be funny for one song, but anyone who knows a bit about mika won't need proof that he can sing (and does on stage)! stupid guy, trying to aggrandise himself and even getting away with it, when perez & co. started answering him! :sneaky2: i'm glad that mika didn't answer to those tweets.

edit: wait, so he DID answer but then deleted the tweet? what did he write? :blink: oh well, it's probably posted somewhere, gotta read all about this when i get back home, not much time now.

Edited by mellody

Basically it worried me that the songs would sound really weird and bad live, (well, as bad as a song sung by Mika ever could!!) but just if they would sound too different to the actual record.

Well I have to say I had exactly the same thoughts !

I was longing to hear MIKA in his european tour to see how he would be managing to sort it out...

To anyone who has been at a Mika concert, this is so laughable as to be completely and utterly ridiculous. HE IS STUNNING live so put that in your pipe and smoke it, Mister :thumb_yello:.
I totally agree with you :thumb_yello:

The question is :

Has this person already been to a MIKA's show like the LICM tour or Songs for Sorrow tour ?

There he would have heard that MIKA was not cheating !

The question is :

Has this person already been to a MIKA's show like the LICM tour or Songs for Sorrow tour ?

There he would have heard that MIKA was not cheating !

I think the answer to this is a definite NO! :teehee:

He probably knows perfectly well that Mika doesn't mime, though. Some "critics" just plainly lie to create their own agenda.

edit: wait, so he DID answer but then deleted the tweet? what did he write? :blink:

No, he never answered that idiot directly. Mika wrote a tweet that he has never mimed in his life and never will but deleted it. Perhaps he deleted it accidentally as and hour later that tweet came up again (almost the same words).

He only answered a music publicist directly. He knows that guy for sure since he is the editor of a music industry magazine and was very positive about Mika and his live shows in 2007 (I guess he still is). There was a short, sarcastic remark sent to Mika from this person's twitter account but later he answered Mika that it was not him writing it...:blink:.. I don't know what happened there..

PS: thank you, Blue Sky for summing it up. Great idea to start a thread about it :wink2:

Unless whoever started this twitter war is deaf and stupid, it is crystal clear that Mika doesn't mime!

Fair enough i've only seen Mika live twice, but each time he puts in all his energy and yes his voice is quieter after the gigs, so it is clear he doesn't mime.

He is a musician not an actor!

Oh, seems like I missed all the fun again. :cheerful_h4h:

Just two thoughts:

1) Why not just take it as a huge compliment?

2) I can relate to putting your love and passion into something that's not valued in the end. I can see how this can affect you emotionally. But it's not the case here. It's not like something he created was turned down. It's only that the degree of perfection was so high, some just couldn't bear it.

Or maybe someone was in need of attention.

Okay, those were actually three thoughts.

I still don't get what the fuss is about. :dunno:

Guest Still a Fan

Hello Mika lovers :)

Just curious :) What was the original tweet response from Mika about all of this?? Or is it a secret? :)

I rather liked what the guy ( the bald one) said. At least the way he wrote it. Perez is a two year old.

Just curious :) What was the original tweet response from Mika about all of this?? Or is it a secret? :)

I rather liked what the guy ( the bald one) said. At least the way he wrote it. Perez is a two year old.

Are YOU the bald guy then? :sneaky2::blink:

Hello :bye:

Would you care to introduce yourself in the introductions section so that we can get to know you and say Hi properly?

:shocked:

Thanks Blue Sky for clarifying and detailing the whole thing. I find it just as disgusting as everyone else here does that idiots such as these (they are NOT critics, they are hacks) feel the need to sling mud around and spread vicious rumours about people with more talent than they themselves could ever hope to have in a hundred lifetimes :sneaky2:.

However, thanks also to Sariflor for being honest about the existence of the backing vocal tracks on a couple of songs in the show. I haven't watched enough footage of the shows to pick up on that, but I trust her to be telling the truth about it. Accusing Mika of miming is nonetheless completely wide of the mark as we all know, but if there WAS a backing track used, it gives us no credit to pretend there wasn't.

There is nothing wrong with using backing tracks to help create a layered sound for songs that demand it; I just don't understand why the layered vocal can't be achieved by utilizing the live vocals of the band members, notably Martin and Erika. :blink::dunno:. But that is beside the point really. It's still scandalous that Mika should be accused of miming just because his performance is stunningly slick. To anyone who has been at a Mika concert, this is so laughable as to be completely and utterly ridiculous. HE IS STUNNING live so put that in your pipe and smoke it, Mister :thumb_yello:.

I agree, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and of course it doesn't give anyone the right to say that Mika is miming. At all.

I just think that it would probably be better (IMHO) to omit those layers when doing the song live, and just see how it turns out without all the add-ons. Mika's voice is incredible by itself, and it doesn't need all that stuff behind it to shine.

The reason why Martin and Erika don't do the backing is, I guess, because these vocals by Mika are a bit more prominent than just 'backing' vocals, they are like co-lead vocals if this makes any sense :naughty:, and if someone else sung them they would probably sound wrong?

Total guess on my part here but why else would they use the tracks otherwise?

And of course this man is a total moron if he can't tell the difference between what Mika is singing at the time and what is on the backing. Pffft.

I'M FURIOUS NOW AFTER READING THAT LINK!

HOW DARE HE??

IF I KNEW WHERE HE LIVED AND WHO HE WAS I'D KILL HIM DESPITE MY CATHOLICISM!

Ok, I wouldn't kill him but Mika has worked SO hard to get this far and it is stupid, small brained people like this that could crush Mika's confidence in a second! I honestly don't care if he uses backing tracks for help! We all see him because he is such a talented musician!

I'll shut up now because this post is getting long!

Guest Still a Fan

Oh no. I'm not bald. lol and forgive me if I side stepped the introductions. Do I have to?

It's just that I noticed the commotion last night and wondered what was going on exactly so thank you to the starter of this string for putting it in some order. :) And I don't normally post here but I just wanted to say.

Thank you for explications, personnally, i don't mind if there is a backing track on Touches you , it's normal except if the whole choir was on stage?

And i saw Mika so often and so close: i know how fantastic is his voice, i can understand some shows are less " perfect" because they are so close, he could take care of it.I love you,:wink2: boy!

The original response is the one you see up there now, must have got accidently deleted before, and put back up.

And why do you say this about Perez?

I don't always agree with him, but this time he was spot on.

I agree, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and of course it doesn't give anyone the right to say that Mika is miming. At all.

I just think that it would probably be better (IMHO) to omit those layers when doing the song live, and just see how it turns out without all the add-ons. Mika's voice is incredible by itself, and it doesn't need all that stuff behind it to shine.

The reason why Martin and Erika don't do the backing is, I guess, because these vocals by Mika are a bit more prominent than just 'backing' vocals, they are like co-lead vocals if this makes any sense :naughty:, and if someone else sung them they would probably sound wrong?

Total guess on my part here but why else would they use the tracks otherwise?

And of course this man is a total moron if he can't tell the difference between what Mika is singing at the time and what is on the backing. Pffft.

There is a very distinct and powerful tone to Mika's falsetto - I've never heard anyone sing quite like that, in terms of freedom and power, although I've listened to many classical counter-tenors/male altos/male sopranos, as well as "pop" falsettists such as FM, BGs etc.I know Martin can sing high, but not quite like that, I think. It could be sung by the female backing singers, but it would sound very different in tone and effect - not as thrilling.

I can see why Mika uses these tracks, but it does risk misunderstandings - particularly on TV when people half expect trickery to be the norm. I noticed it on the live Jools Holland Rain - it looks odd at the end :blink:. Of course, I know he is not miming when he sings duets with himself because I am a fan, but I can see why others would be suspicious on TV. Not live though, the bald deaf guy is clearly an idiot.

I say, better be envied than pitied. this person obviously sounds as someone who could only lipsync, if he'd ever get down to singing. :mf_rosetinted:

I understand mika's anger (and ours): this person though has been given far too much attention for what his comments are worth. troll. :sneaky2: