No ***ing accident: MIKA SINGS HIS HEART OUT EVERY SHOW

Blue Sky

even though the whole thing is quite stupid some of what he's saying is extremely flattering!

so, Mika is simply perfect!:wub2:

He didn't say those things to be flattering; he said them in a very ironical way and it's almost worse than saying he was imperfect. That's how I felt it anyway:wink2:

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, what a ridiculous accusation! The other Philly Big Girls and I were standing backstage RIGHT BESIDE HIM at the first two notes of "Relax" (botched costume change meant they had to run the mic down to him), and trust me, the sound is COMING FROM HIM. It practically exploded right out of him! So whoever is accusing of lip-syncing needs to get their facts straight >:o

This is quite frankly the biggest load of bullsh*t I have ever heard and if that man didn't like listening to Mika because he sang so perfectly then his brain is in his butt. That's totally backward. He calls himself a music critic? How on Earth did he get that job? What an idiot.

OH, and he claims that he was genuinely a Mika a fan, but now he isn't because Mika was so damn good? WTF? What kind of FAN does that?

Maybe this man should look up the definition of "FAN" in the dictionary!

AMEN sistah, spit it all out:mf_rosetinted:

AMEN sistah, spit it all out:mf_rosetinted:

There's so much to catch up on, I haven't had the internet for nearly a week! Jeez! It's like a maze in here now! Hello everyone by the way lol, good to be back! (Sorta...after reading this :blink:)

There's so much to catch up on, I haven't had the internet for nearly a week! Jeez! It's like a maze in here now! Hello everyone by the way lol, good to be back! (Sorta...after reading this :blink:)

You've missed all the excitement:roftl: After this comment we had a Twitter war trying to make #ilovemika a trending topic:roftl:

Haha I saw you had your internetz back on facebook and I was like 'oh, I wonder if she knows about the...ooooh let's go see what she says'. :teehee:

I love dramaz way too much. :roftl:

You've missed all the excitement:roftl: After this comment we had a Twitter war trying to make #ilovemika a trending topic:roftl:

Boo I missed everything :sneaky2:

And Mika in a foot brace as well! Argh! He tweeted so much while I was away!

To be honest, I think this was actually where the main problem lay. The guy had never seen or heard another Mika show, only the CD, and when it sounded so perfect he mistakenly (and publicly) assumed it WAS the CD. Because in his many years of experience, nobody has ever been able to do it that well without pretending.

Well Mr XXXX, meet the amazing talent that is Mika. Be amazed instead of trying to tear his career to shreds, publicly lambasting falsitudes all over the net, which funnily enough are based SOLELY ON YOUR IGNORANCE.

Mika has been touring the majority of these songs live since 2006. And Martin and Cherisse were there then too. So they really are very slick, and an unobservant observer like you, Mr XXXX was unable to believe that a live show could actually be THAT GOOD.

Yes, still a fan, Mr XXXX, whatever your name might be, Mika is REALLY THAT GOOD.

Now go watch the blooper thread to see that even after he hiccups, or sings the wrong lyrics, or hits the wrong note, he picks up again, and usually sounds EVEN BETTER than the CD.

And while you are flicking through Youtube, realising you should at the very least, offer a public apology to an artist who sings his heart out every night he is on a stage, drop in and visit the Salt Lake City 2008 videos.

Watch Mika's own blog here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybm8VtANWCQ

and realise, Mika does do warts and all, when it happens.

But Hollywood last week was NOT one of those nights. That was a reeeeeally good night, so good you couldn't even accept it really happened.

Do you see the problem was actually with YOU not with Mika? FFS.:bash:

Amen .... completely agree with everything you said .... :bow:

Boo I missed everything :sneaky2:

And Mika in a foot brace as well! Argh! He tweeted so much while I was away!

Welcome back Caz :huglove:

I still think there's way to take it as a compliment, and if this critics guy is any of a man he'll admit he was wrong, apologize, conclude Mika is the best live performer he have heard and we will all live happily ever after :original:

To be honest, I think this was actually where the main problem lay. The guy had never seen or heard another Mika show, only the CD, and when it sounded so perfect he mistakenly (and publicly) assumed it WAS the CD. Because in his many years of experience, nobody has ever been able to do it that well without pretending.

Well Mr XXXX, meet the amazing talent that is Mika. Be amazed instead of trying to tear his career to shreds, publicly lambasting falsitudes all over the net, which funnily enough are based SOLELY ON YOUR IGNORANCE.

Mika has been touring the majority of these songs live since 2006. And Martin and Cherisse were there then too. So they really are very slick, and an unobservant observer like you, Mr XXXX was unable to believe that a live show could actually be THAT GOOD.

Yes, still a fan, Mr XXXX, whatever your name might be, Mika is REALLY THAT GOOD.

Now go watch the blooper thread to see that even after he hiccups, or sings the wrong lyrics, or hits the wrong note, he picks up again, and usually sounds EVEN BETTER than the CD.

And while you are flicking through Youtube, realising you should at the very least, offer a public apology to an artist who sings his heart out every night he is on a stage, drop in and visit the Salt Lake City 2008 videos.

But Hollywood last week was NOT one of those nights. That was a reeeeeally good night, so good you couldn't even accept it really happened.

truth be told, that's not only argument he has

a bit of topic, but my stomach literally hurts of how adorable he is in that vlog:wub2:

and in what he isn't! :wub2:

Oh this was good, very good:

:roftl:

cibelemutarelli: This picture is for you Mr. @ lef....XXXX http://is.gd/4Gewd

:lmfao: I must say that made me so happy.

Ditto all that.:biggrin2:

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure exactly where to post this, so here it is:

http://schiffersfm.omroep.nl/page/artikel/332473/%93Australiers%20accepteren%20geen%20Mickey%20Mouse%20optredens%94./

Now Britney is accused of miming in Australia. Even the governement is interfering, the minister said: "If you pay $200,- you owe to get more then a video!"

“Australiers accepteren geen Mickey Mouse optredens”.

Britney Spears is buitengewoon ontdaan over het nieuws dat fans in Australië vrijdag zouden zijn weggelopen tijdens haar concert omdat ze niet echt zou hebben gezongen. De Australische overheid gaf de aanzet.

De minister van Handel van de staat North Wales vindt dat concertbezoekers op de hoogte moeten zijn als een artiest playbackt op het podium. Als je 200 dollar uitgeeft voor een concert, verdien je meer dan een clip, aldus Virginia Judge. De overheid pleit voor een disclaimer op kaartjes, waarin wordt gewaarschuwd dat de zang van tevoren is opgenomen.

9 november 2009

translation:

Australians don't accept MickeyMouse gigs

Britney Spears is very upset about the news that Aussie fans had left at her concert because she seemingly didn't sing live. Australian governement started the discussion.

The minister of ...(?) of the State North Wales says that concert goers should know when an artist mimes on stage. If you pay 200 dollars for a concert, you deserve more then a clip says Virginia Judge. The governement plees for a disclaimer on tickets which warns (tells) that the singing is pre-recorded.

Why do they call it a Mickey Mouse concert?

http://schiffersfm.omroep.nl/page/artikel/332473/%93Australiers%20accepteren%20geen%20Mickey%20Mouse%20optredens%94./

Now Britney is accused of miming in Australia. Even the governement is interfering, the minister said: "If you pay $200,- you owe to get more then a video!"

Britney Spears is buitengewoon ontdaan over het nieuws dat fans in Australië vrijdag zouden zijn weggelopen tijdens haar concert omdat ze niet echt zou hebben gezongen. De Australische overheid gaf de aanzet.

De minister van Handel van de staat North Wales vindt dat concertbezoekers op de hoogte moeten zijn als een artiest playbackt op het podium. Als je 200 dollar uitgeeft voor een concert, verdien je meer dan een clip, aldus Virginia Judge. De overheid pleit voor een disclaimer op kaartjes, waarin wordt gewaarschuwd dat de zang van tevoren is opgenomen.

9 november 2009

translation:

Britney Spears is very upset about the news that Aussie fans had left at her concert because she seemingly didn't sing live. Australian governement started the discussion.

The minister of ...(?) of the State North Wales says that concert goers should know when an artist mimes on stage. If you pay 200 dollars for a concert, you deserve more then a clip says Virginia Judge. The governement plees for a disclaimer on tickets which warns (tells) that the singing is pre-recorded.

Interesting!:thumb_yello:

But if you go to a concert you should really have "the real thing"!

I can understand them!

My guess why they call it a Mickey Mouse concert is because MM and Donald Duck are often used as examples of fake, not so good and genuine stuff....:wink2:

9 november 2009

translation:

At some point, "mickey mouse" came to symbolise something cheap and lacking in substance.

here's a better definition :thumb_yello:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mickey+mouse

9 november 2009

translation:

Interesting!:thumb_yello:

But if you go to a concert you should really have "the real thing"!

I can understand them!

My guess why they call it a Mickey Mouse concert is because MM and Donald Duck are often used as examples of fake, not so good and genuine stuff....:wink2:

Yeah, I really agree. What's the point of "performing" and not singing? How can anyone (Britney, Madonna, etc) call themselves a "singer" and yet not deliver the one thing that constitutes a singer- to sing? I just don't get it.

They justify it saying that they can't sing and dance, and if they sing they would not be able to dance, but that is just a lot of tosh. A singer should SING. If they can sing and dance, good. If they can't, then the singing should prevail.

At the end of the day, none of these people are such amazing dancers anyway, so if I wanted to see real dancing I'd go to see a proper dance show or a ballet, and not a Britney or Madonna gig. To me this whole concept is just so strange and uncomprehensible, that I just can't get or accept it. At all.

Suffice to say that I would never go to see one of these artists live, obviously :aah:.