Mika and Boyzone: how he 'gave it all away'- the Sun

robertina

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to go back and read the rest of the thread...

I hope all the Mika fans will support this song 100%. Let's not dwell on the fact that Mika didn't want to give BZ the song in the first place and instead concentrate on making this song a hit.

Stephen actually really liked Mika. There used to be a section on his official website called "Stephen recommends" and he used to mention some movies, books, songs on there that he liked. And a few years ago he recommended Mika's album and encouraged his fans to buy it. :thumb_yello:

I think a lot of us will support it... I know I will!

I never knew that...

I second that!

YAY!!!:thumb_yello:

I guess it's safe to assume that you enjoyed the video?

Thanks you so much nico_collard!:thumb_yello:

That was really good.

No probs!

I happened to be up early so I watched the interview and I thought fans on here would be interested...

Might go over to the Boyzone fan forum and post it there.. When they approve my account that is!

Edited by nico_collard

I had to go back and read the rest of the thread...

I think a lot of us will support it... I know I will!

I never knew that...

I guess it's safe to assume that you enjoyed the video?

Yes, though I always prefered Stephen to Ronan, he did come across very well.

Yes, though I always prefered Stephen to Ronan, he did come across very well.

Ronan was the only one I recognised!

I recognised Stephen, but didn't know his name..

I really liked his accent! He did speak well though... and later on the hosts were discussing what foods to give kids and him and the Irish nutritionist were having a great old chat!

Ooooh, that just reminded me... I think Georgie (the woman who interviewed him) was a bit excited about having him there... she sort of fangurled before they interviewed him!

No probs... thought people might be interested in it...

Definitely! Thanks for sharing. :flowers2:

Slightly off topic, but I found it funny that the ad before it talked about the "feel good movie of the summer", out January 14. My brain heard "summer" and "January" in the same sentence and sort of hiccuped. :naughty:

Good 'ol Australia. :wub2:

Definitely! Thanks for sharing. :flowers2:

Slightly off topic, but I found it funny that the ad before it talked about the "feel good movie of the summer", out January 14. My brain heard "summer" and "January" in the same sentence and sort of hiccuped. :naughty:

Good 'ol Australia. :wub2:

*cough* doesn't feel like Summer right now :sneaky2:... I'm wearing jeans and a hoodie! I want the sun back! :crybaby:

And now you know how we feel when we hear you lot talking about being in Winter at Christmas time... it just doesn't compute!

Ronan was the only one I recognised!

I recognised Stephen, but didn't know his name..

Same with me, actually... until about 2-3 years ago, I guess.

Here's the Today Show video...

http://today.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=1001278

Thank you for sharing it:thumb_yello:

So, as far as Ronan remembers, Stephen recorded the vocals about a year before, that would come to around summer /autumn 2008 latest.

However, we first heard of Mika "not willing to be giving it away" in late spring 2007, as far as I remember. I think he was somewhere in Scandinavia on promo tour when he was asked that question.

So, I think that song must have been recorded as early as 2007, but that's just me thinking.

So, as far as Ronan remembers, Stephen recorded the vocals about a year before, that would come to around summer /autumn 2008 latest.

However, we first heard of Mika "not willing to be giving it away" in late spring 2007, as far as I remember. I think he was somewhere in Scandinavia on promo tour when he was asked that question.

So, I think that song must have been recorded as early as 2007, but that's just me thinking.

I'm pretty sure it was Norway.

Good thing I decided to watch the music vid before putting on some makeup cuz it'd be ruined :sad: It's a good trebute vid.

I haven't watched it yet. I'm at school and I don't wanna cry here. But I llistened to it and it's beautiful :wub2: I got teary but I controled it well enough.

This might sound soppy (or deluded, you choose) but if we lost Mika in that way I'd feel like I just lost an arm. Or a friend or family member or something. I think something in me would die with him a bit.

You can bet we'd all still be here though, on the MFC with or without him :aah:

I agree. It's horrible to think about it :boxed:

I still haven´t been able to get my hands on that promo CD with Mika´s version on it.

:blink:

I guess that's a joke... ?

Off to eBay we go! *puts on her helmet, jumps on a horse equipped with her jousting stick*

yes, better put a helmet on to save you from falling when you return exhausted, finding nothing ...:naughty:

:blink:

I guess that's a joke... ?

yes, better put a helmet on to save you from falling when you return exhausted, finding nothing ...:naughty:

I will jab all those nasty people in the music industry with my jousting stick to give me what I need...whatever it is. :aah: