Mika and Boyzone: how he 'gave it all away'- the Sun

robertina

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That video is heavy stuff. My heart goes out to Stephen fans and to the rest of the Boyzone members. :tears:

I'm glad Mika had the heart to let them have the song, given what happened. I suppose it's possible that he just had dollar signs in his eyes at the prospect of a sure hit, but that doesn't sound like the Mika we "know". I prefer to think it's because he's a good, caring person who realized what the song would mean to Boyzone and their fans. :wub2:

such a beautiful and quite emotional song and catchy, i can tell that this will be my fav Boyzone song for sure and what a co incidence ... Mika wrote it !!! lol i have my fingers crossed that i'll be hit !!!and also i yet like to se BRAVO MIKA !!! :D

guys for those of you who have heard Mika's version what's it like ???

:blink: really? :aah:

:blink:

I haven't even watched the video yet, I've just scrolled down and read a few of the comments people have put on Youtube, and it has made me feel so sad...I really feel for those fans, I just can't even imagine what it would be like if (God forbid) we lost Mika in that tragic way.

I'm so pleased that the Boyzone fans generally seem to really like the song.

I haven't even watched the video yet, I've just scrolled down and read a few of the comments people have put on Youtube, and it has made me feel so sad...I really feel for those fans, I just can't even imagine what it would be like if (God forbid) we lost Mika in that tragic way.

I know, we've been talking about that too. We've really been sucked in by this Mika dude. Too much time and emotion invested in him. Too much history.

Doesn't bear thinking about.

I'm glad BZ fans like it too. It was the right thing to do, Mika.

:shocked:

Watch this one instead. (I think someone makes sure rude comments are deleted)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsNPRh9PNTM

I actually didn't have time to watch the video all day, so I have just seen it for the first time. It really is tasteful and honest.

I do think this song deserves attention as well as the No1 spot in March. Not only for the memory of Stephen, also for the rest of the band.

Edited by suzie

don't know if those have been posted here yet, it's articles about the song and video, and mika mentioned:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8466402.stm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2812089/Ronan-Our-tears-for-Steo.html

what i'm wondering though, they say that the vocals by boyzone have been recorded in summer 2009... :blink: i thought they were already recorded in 2007? :blink: did they just make that up, to make it sound more "interesting" because it's closer to stephen's death?! :blink::aah:

what i'm wondering though, they say that the vocals by boyzone have been recorded in summer 2009... :blink: i thought they were already recorded in 2007? :blink: did they just make that up, to make it sound more "interesting" because it's closer to stephen's death?! :blink::aah:

I think one member (perhaps Shane or Mikey?) said in another interview that it was all recorded in 2007 and was "shelved" because of "royalty issues".

I know, we've been talking about that too. We've really been sucked in by this Mika dude. Too much time and emotion invested in him. Too much history.

Doesn't bear thinking about.

I'm glad BZ fans like it too. It was the right thing to do, Mika.

This might sound soppy (or deluded, you choose) but if we lost Mika in that way I'd feel like I just lost an arm. Or a friend or family member or something. I think something in me would die with him a bit.

You can bet we'd all still be here though, on the MFC with or without him :aah:

This might sound soppy (or deluded, you choose) but if we lost Mika in that way I'd feel like I just lost an arm. Or a friend or family member or something. I think something in me would die with him a bit.

It sounds neither, I feel the same. On both points.

I'm sure I would feel this too. God, I don't even like to think about it :boxed:

the video made me cry and I didn't know Boyzone until Stephen died, really sad =(

It sounds neither, I feel the same. On both points.

Yaaaay I'm understood! :boing:

I was just flicking through Perez's site and he posted the video on there: There are 35 comments (I think) and only 2 are negative. That's freakin' amazing coming from Perez's site.

http://perezhilton.com/2010-01-18-boyzone-pay-tribute-to-stephen-gately#respond

Yaaaay I'm understood! :boing:

I was just flicking through Perez's site and he posted the video on there: There are 35 comments (I think) and only 2 are negative. That's freakin' amazing coming from Perez's site.

http://perezhilton.com/2010-01-18-boyzone-pay-tribute-to-stephen-gately#respond

Wow!

That is freakin' amazing!

I can't believe the negative comments at Perez's site all the time for any & every post.

Some of those people should not appear or speak in public.

:poke: It's cruel to mock - an unfortunate typo though

I didn't even notice the typo till you said it was a typo...

Wow... I was in tears... I've also had this song in my head since last night.

I hope I can buy a single of it here...

It actually made me cry!

Especially the part with Shane.

The only ones I knew were Stephen and Ronan... :blink:

I think i cried at the same part you did!

I completely agree.. I'd be the same.

Oh, and before I forget. Ronan Keating is currently in Australia, and was on the Today Show. He was interviewed and talked about the song and mentioned that it was written by Mika. They also showed some of the video and he talked about what they wanted to do for it and how. It was really interesting.

If I can find it on the internet I'll post it here.

EDIT: I found the interview, but not sure if it will play outside Australia. Could someone watch it and I'll see if I can get it off the site? Cheers.

Edited by nico_collard

You sure?

danny1506x (1 hour ago) Show Hide

Marked as spam

Reply | Spam

It sounds like SHOW ME HEAVEN and ETERNAL FLAME....bless Steven, but he couldnt sing

(mind you, it was only an hour ago :aah:)

I didn't even notice the typo till you said it was a typo...

Wow... I was in tears... I've also had this song in my head since last night.

I hope I can buy a single of it here...

The only ones I knew were Stephen and Ronan... :blink:

I think i cried at the same part you did!

I completely agree.. I'd be the same.

Oh, and before I forget. Ronan Keating is currently in Australia, and was on the Today Show. He was interviewed and talked about the song and mentioned that it was written by Mika. They also showed some of the video and he talked about what they wanted to do for it and how. It was really interesting.

If I can find it on the internet I'll post it here.

EDIT: I found the interview, but not sure if it will play outside Australia. Could someone watch it and I'll see if I can get it off the site? Cheers.

I'll have a go:thumb_yello: