Lady Gaga (and Mika) to perform for the Queen in London - dec. 7 2009

Droopsy

Nonono, I'm not offended :huglove:

I was just commenting that the mental image was disturbing, not that you had done anything wrong. :wub2:

You are lovely. No need to go. I am sorry if it seemed that way :blush-anim-cl:

sworry!

i know i thought it then thought, ergh man that's wrong, so i slapped myself hard :fish: idiot that i am

aww thanks :huglove: xx

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WAG is difficult to 'get' as a concept, Rain is difficult to sing live .... not really the best choices to promote the album with....:cool:

I wonder what would have happened if first single was I See You, the second one One Foot Boy and the third Rain and the fourth one Pick up Off the Floor...

I think Mika singing a ballad would have probably had the same 'shocking' effect on people when they first heard him with Grace Kelly....but :dunno: what do I know...

PS: Mika was good but Lady Gaga's performance was really amazing, by the way...:thumb_yello:

Practically what I said...

Mika was good, loved his outfit. I think he was a bit nervous and I think it affected him a bit vocally, but he lived to tell yet another tale about being with the Queen :naughty:

I thought Lady GaGa was awesome, she has a great voice and she managed to show it off without being too weird. My dad didn't like her though :naughty:

Diversity were amazing - Go Britain! Wooo!!

Although why he and Miley stood side by side in the finale is beyond me :aah:

Sorry ... I'm not a true fan because I didn't criticise him -and said I wanted to hug him ... flipping piffle - I really think you should think before you write something - I take offence at that .... you be a fan the way you want to - don't tell me what to think or feel

I didn't mean anything bad by that! I only meant that a fan always wants the best for Mika. it's no use us saying "he did a great performance", if he didn't. Constructive feedback is always better than not saying anything. If I were in Mika's place I would appreciate constructive feedback.

I did not say that the people on this forum are not true fans! When have I ever said that to anyone? I would think people should know me well enough by now, to know that I have been a loyal member of the MFC for over two years, and have never even implied such a thing.

Edit: I've actually become very upset, and don't think I will post on here in future.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

I didn't mean anything bad by that! I only meant that a fan always wants the best for Mika. it's no use us saying "he did a great performance", if he didn't. Constructive feedback is always better than not saying anything. If I were in Mika's place I would appreciate constructive feedback.

I did not say that the people on this forum are not true fans! When have I ever said that to anyone? I would think people should know me well enough by now, to know that I have been a loyal member of the MFC for over two years, and have never even implied such a thing.

Sorry .. but as far as I was concerned you did in that very post I quoted ...

His fans should not be thinking "there there Mika, let me hug you better."

Sorry ... that is exactly what I wrote a page before ... so I'm not allowed an opinion - or maybe you just wanted to make me look stupid for writing that - maybe you didn't mean it as an attack on me ... but that was pretty much my quote you put in your post - but without actually quoting me ... what was I supposed to think - and I don't know you very well .. I've never really spoken to you on here but I can only react on what you actually wrote

A true fan SHOULD be constructive.

Maybe not all true fans feel the need to criticise him all the time ... he's not on UK TV alot ... I just actually wanted to enjoy his performance .. not pull him to pieces over it - which is what some on here choose to do ... again .. we're all fans in different ways ... but don't highlight in big capital letters what a fan SHOULD or SHOULD NOT do ... I don't have a problem with you Marilyn ... I just had a problem with what you wrote ... end of story ... :aah:

Edit: I've actually become very upset, and don't think I will post on here in future.

Yes ... and I was pretty upset about it yesterday ... but don't worry about that ... but if people can't have different opinions on things and actually discuss them - then I find that quite sad as well :(

I think the problem has more to do with his breathing than his range.

Breathing isn't a fully voluntary function. We do have some voluntary control over it, but we have to balance control with the natural need for oxygen. He's increasingly active on stage, which sucks a lot of oxygen. Throw nerves on top of that and the voluntary muscle control goes out the window.

He may very well be keeping up his vocal training, but not so much his aerobic training. In performances where he's relaxed, he's perfectly capable of managing his air, but when he gets the nerves, the same thing happens to his body as everybody else's. The chest locks up and the air doesn't cooperate. Without the air you can't hit the notes.

Of course, this is speculation. He may just have been cold, which can also lock things up. He may be getting lazy, but that theory does not hold up with his body language and his tendency to work rather than play (assuming reports of holidays cut short are true.)

The wanting to hug and comfort him is compassion for the frustration in his body language. It sucks when you want something to be perfect and your body doesn't cooperate or things go wrong or it just isn't perfect because it just isn't. Wanting to hug him doesn't mean I missed the fact that his performance wasn't what it could have been. On the contrary, it means I'm fully aware of that fact and hope he has someone in his life to remind him of the fact that there's more to him than performing and that a hugely important performance gone wrong doesn't mean he's worthless or that he should stop.

Because the perfectionist in me wants to quit every single time I screw up and I know how important it is to keep going and work through the things that went wrong so that they can be fixed. But you can't fix anything if you beat yourself and quit.

Constructive criticism is important, but without the balance of "there's more to life than this one thing" it's just destructive. That road leads to overcompensation and self-destruction. I would rather he have someone nice to hug than go down that road.

I have to say I agree with all you said totally!

I am a singer & dancer too & have been most of my 24 years & it can be such a pain to combine the 2 (I have to say i've missed this performance of Mika's *slaps self*) but anyhow it is NOT the end of the world if he screwed up a bit, we all do it from time to time (those of us who sing & dance) and I'm sure it must be a nervewracking thing to do to perform in front of the queen, I'd personally not ever slate him for it, I'd just talk things over with him & give him a big hug i'd tell him it's o.k there's more important things in the world than screwing up a performance now & then & go through what went wrong & how to avoid it if possible in future.

The worst thing you can do in my personal opinion is to strongly criticize a person (especially someone like Mika who from my observations seems a smidge fragile) the best thing is to just hug them reassure them & then go through how to work things out without making them feel like a failure or a loser (which he isn't)

Edited by DarkLight
typos

(Really can't believe people are still tossing around the phrase "true fan" like it means anything after the discussions we've had around here about how it's elitist nonsense that doesn't mean anything to anybody except the people who still want to feel special because they think they have some kind of intimate understanding of the artist that others are lacking.)

:lmao: i love you.

Awwwwwwwwww ... it just makes you wanna give him a big hug .... or is that just me :blink:

:lmfao:

no i feel that way too:wub2:

That's always my first impulse when he's having a rough night :huglove:

Here's hoping he has somebody nice to give him such hugs :wub2:

yeah lets hope so if not i'll give him a big hug or ten lol

I have plenty going spare!!!:biggrin2:

just seen his performance now on youtube and tbth i don't think it was that bad!! i think he did pretty well:thumb_yello::wink2:

Has this interview been posted???

Appologies if it has. Mika did a little press conference before the RVP and this is part of it.

http://www.wave965.com/article.php?article=14789

I think that it sounds like something that was already around, but in case it wasn't, here it is:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rph5fs

• 8 months later...

1.jpg

2009.12.08 - GMTV - Royal variety performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR1JY8LdYrE

Mika at 0:50

edit:

Appologies if it has. Mika did a little press conference before the RVP and this is part of it.

http://www.wave965.com/article.php?article=14789

I think that it sounds like something that was already around, but in case it wasn't, here it is:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rph5fs

Sariflor,can you reupload this video?! the direct link doesn't work!

Edited by nicoleta