Mika@ Q-Music showcase - Holland - 17 December 2009

robertina

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to everyone for the reports and pics! Reading about all the fun you had makes me miss all my Dear Dutchies. :wub2:

And Ingie - OMFGWTF he rehearsed How Much Do You Love Me? :shocked:

There's still hope! It's a Christmas Miracle! :fangurl:

Was Sunshine not there then?

Yep, you can hear him do a surprisingly impressive save on Happy Ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCOyloWghbw

He intros it, and then was about to go into the verse - but Mika had other ideas, and went into the chorus again. And Sunshine kept up! Kudos to him.

I'm a bit tired so it won't be a proper report,I'm sorry.

I'm so happy I decided to go after all. Travelled to Amsterdam with Marley,it was nice to meet you :thumb_yello: Lovely Miek picked us and Monie up at the train station,wich was great!!! Thank you again for that Miek!:wub2:

We soon joined the other MFC-ers,and I'm happy we could stay inside know and then.The only part I didn't like about that day,was the fact some of us didn't had tickets,and weren't sure about getting in or not.I was so lucky i could be Melissa's +1 :naughty: Thank you again Melissa!!! :wub2:

But I wasn't feeling very happy,knowing that Babs and Jose still didn't had tickets.I'm so happy it turned out ok for you guys!:thumb_yello:

In the mean time I met a few MFC-ers I didn't know before;Melissa,Floor,Nevil,it was nice to meet you!!

Gig was great,very small venue,and not that many people:thumb_yello: (except for the people who couldn't keep their mouth shut during the gig

:sneaky2:)

Mika looked great,I really like that hat :mf_lustslow:

About the M&G,WOW!!!

We talked about it before the gig,and I'd said to Miek,if I win the M&G,you can go in my place.I don't have much to say to Mika so you can go. Boy,was I glad we both could go! It was all so relaxed,and he recognised me!!!:wub2: He shook some hands,said hi,hi hi(wich made me laugh) so I excpected only a hi too,but he shook my hand,and said,HEY! How are YOU doing?!! :fangurl:

I didn't expect that at all!! I was looking down a bit (trying to hide my eyes because I think it isn't a very nice thing to look at :mf_rosetinted:) but he bend over,looking straight at me,so there was nothing left for me to do then looking back at him :naughty: It's difficult to write it down here,but i think you'all get the point After that I wasn't very nervous anymore,and I even said some things to him,wich made him respond and laugh.

He signed with mika,three kisses,and a little drawing,wich I'm very happy with!! (the angel with wings,and a heart shaped face) Thanks Miek for the book,I'll send you mine soon!

I'm sure I come up with more stuff later,but I can't think straight anymore.It's a long story,but I was home at almost 4.00 clock this morning and had to get up at 6.20

Apart from that,it was f*cking amazing!!!

I'm finally home after a long day at work and just read everything that has been posted from yesterday evening until now.

I was so lucky i could be Melissa's +1 :naughty: Thank you again Melissa!!! :wub2:

You're welcome :biggrin2:

So, here part one of my report:

I arrived at 15.00 and went into the "cafe" and met all the other MFC'ers who were already there. At 16.00 we heard on the radio that it was the last chance to win tickets and M&G so everyone who didn't had tickets yet picked up their phones and started texting. Suddenly at 16.05 my phone went off with "anonymous" on the screen. I was kind of in shock and answered it. Then I heard "This is Jeroen van Inkel speaking" and I started shaking and I said "No, you don't mean that! I'm downstairs with a lot of MFC'ers waiting for the gig!". Then Jeroen said "No, you don't mean that!" :roftl: Then we made some small talk and he said that I had won the last tickets and the M&G. After I hung up I still couldn't believe it and I kept shaking for at least half an hour. After I calmed down a bit I decided that I wanted to give Mika a present. Eventually I bought a present together with IngievV to give at him during the M&G.

Working on part 2...

Here's part 2:

While we were all waiting outside at the back of the studio we could hear Mika soundcheck. Like IngievV said, we could hear songs as BIOTG, HMDYLM and GGG. It was totally amazing to hear this all and we started to sing along with the songs and even danced a bit to them to stay warm. Must say IngievV and I did a few pretty good dancemoves, haha. :groovy:

For the report of the gig you can read Ingie's, because I was close to her the whole time. It's a bit lame to write exactly the same as her about that.

Then there was the M&G.

I was less nervous then I thought I would be. After Mika and I shook hands I gave him the present Ingie and I bought him. It's like in the picture, but in different colors. Mika said that it was a very cute present and thanked us for it. After this it was time for the group picture. I was standing next to Mika and suddenly he put his arm around my waste and pulled me closer to him. I was a little bit in a shock, but reacted by putting my arm around his waste too. It was really nice to be so close to him, and I whished I could stay like that forever :wub2:. I'm so excited to see the pictures! I hope Q-music will send them very soon...

I'm so happy that I won and even after a day I can't get the uge smile from my face.

To the people from the MFC which I've met yesterday:

It was so nice to meet you all, you're all sweet and lovely!

Looking forward to see you all again at the HMH in March!!!

post-13515-142983681108_thumb.jpg

I couldn't write a whole report in english but I would like to thank all the MFC-ers who I met there for this wonderfull day, you're all so kind and sweet, I loved everthing, the show, the m & g, just beïng there,:biggrin2: I was so happy everybody got in, after standing so long in the cold. I'm still with my head in the clouds, ( don't no if that is good english). See you all in march.

And ofcourse thanks to Q music for let me win this wonderfull happening.:naughty:

Part 4: The Meet & Greet

After the gig we went back to the main hall and waited there for a while. There was one other guy who tried to join but they wouldn't let him and now also the Belgian winner joined us. So, we all got into the elevator and Miek and I were with our faces against the door and the doors opened and we were in the same hall, but this time, the whole room was deserted apart from Mika and 2 other people, and the band in the dressing room. So, my hero a.k.a Ferry came to get us and we had to walk past Mika and pretend he wasn't there. Then Ferry explained the whole idea, told us they were in a hurry so no individual pics, and people probably had to catch their trains anyway, then he nodded at me and said: Apart from her, because she will probably stay somewhere in Amsterdam again. Then John came and asked where the pic was going to be taken. Ferry said in front of the Christmas tree. John nodded and said; Yeah that's appropriate and then he walked away.

So we had to get into our positions in front of the tree and then Mika came walking our way, really calm and shook all of our hands. Then we handed him our presents. I gave him a book from Andy Warhol, on behalf of the Dutchies and when he opened it, his mouth fell open and he said: “Omg what is this?” To which all of us witty Dutchies replied at the same time: “Uh...it's a book.” He said: “Yeaaah but what's it about? I read the alphabet by Andy Warhol but this isn't it, this must be his diaries! I haven't read this one! Thank you so much I will definately read it over Christmas!” Then he started signing and I had a mission. And that mission was to get a welcome video for my site. I knew this was probably the only chance I would get in a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time and so after everyone had their stuff signed, I decided to try it. It went like this:

“Mika, I have a fansite about you called mikafans.net” and then, totally unexpected, he immediately replied with: “Oh, I know that one!” I almost had a heart attack, but I had to go on, so I continued and said: “ok, can I film a video of you as a welcome message, something like hi, this is Mika and you're visiting Mikafans.net?” I thought that maybe he'd say no because of the time, but he said “Yeah ofcourse! We could do a quick one right now!” So, he continued the sign the last thing and I pressed record and the camera was shaking so bad! So then he did his message and I had already stopped it and then he decided to add: “Oh and happy hanuka!” Or however you spell that. But it's not on the video.

I figured while I was at it, I could let him sign the banner, so I said: “I was one of the fans waiting outside in the morning with this sign, could you sign it?” He didn't say anything but started drawing fully focused. He first drew a sad, wet heart, added an arrow that said COLD and then he drew a very happy heart and an arrow and wrote NOT COLD and then Mika xxx. After a while I figured out the first one was me in the morning and the second one was me during the gig. Then it was time for the group pictures and then time to go. We thanked him and he said: No thank YOU for everything you've done this year.

Then I walked away and Ferry came to me and we walked away, Mika walking right behind me and he said: “Are you happy?” I said “YES! Thank you soooo much!” And he said I was welcome and that he'd see me in March. When we were going inside the elevator, I shouted at him: “I owe you forever!” and he just smiled and said it was all okay.

We went downstairs and met with the other MFCers. We got something to drink and then started dancing like mad. Funny thing was that then a guy came up to me and asked me if I was Mika's sister. I said no, then I'd probably not speak Dutch. And he said: “Oh, but your face is very similar!” I thanked him for the huge compliment.

When we went outside, we got a goodiebag with TBWKTM standard edition so we now have two! It was the best night ever! And I shall now work on the vlog. YAAAH

So to close this. THANK YOU FERRY. I LOVE YOU AND I OWE YOU FOREVER!

THANK YOU NICE PEOPLE AT Q-MUSIC FOR TAKING CARE OF US LUNATICS FROM EARLY IN THE MORNING AND TELLING THE DJS ABOUT US!

THANK YOU MFCERS FOR BEING SO F*CKING AMAZING! LOVE YOU!

AND THANK YOU MIKA, FOR ONCE AGAIN AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE. I ALSO LOVE YOU!

:wub2:

AMAZING report Ingie!!!

Cant wait to see your vlog now:biggrin2:

I'm finally home after a long day at work and just read everything that has been posted from yesterday evening until now.

You're welcome :biggrin2:

So, here part one of my report:

I arrived at 15.00 and went into the "cafe" and met all the other MFC'ers who were already there. At 16.00 we heard on the radio that it was the last chance to win tickets and M&G so everyone who didn't had tickets yet picked up their phones and started texting. Suddenly at 16.05 my phone went off with "anonymous" on the screen. I was kind of in shock and answered it. Then I heard "This is Jeroen van Inkel speaking" and I started shaking and I said "No, you don't mean that! I'm downstairs with a lot of MFC'ers waiting for the gig!". Then Jeroen said "No, you don't mean that!" :roftl: Then we made some small talk and he said that I had won the last tickets and the M&G. After I hung up I still couldn't believe it and I kept shaking for at least half an hour. After I calmed down a bit I decided that I wanted to give Mika a present. Eventually I bought a present together with IngievV to give at him during the M&G.

Working on part 2...

I was listening to the radio and heard this! I thought: "Melissa??, that is MFC woww:shocked::mf_lustslow:" I was very happy for you!

... At 16.00 we heard on the radio that it was the last chance to win tickets and M&G so everyone who didn't had tickets yet picked up their phones and started texting. Suddenly at 16.05 my phone went off with "anonymous" on the screen. I was kind of in shock and answered it. Then I heard "This is Jeroen van Inkel speaking" and I started shaking and I said "No, you don't mean that! I'm downstairs with a lot of MFC'ers waiting for the gig!". Then Jeroen said "No, you don't mean that!" :roftl: Then we made some small talk and he said that I had won the last tickets and the M&G....

Didn't know you won too!

Patricia4you couldn't go to the showcase because of the weather and asked me if I wanted to have her tickets (thanks again). She had two tickets and asked me to give the second ticket to Melissa Holland.

I was so happy, I grabbed my stuff and went to the train station. But my magical balloon plopped very soon... The NS trains didn't drive from my place (I could have known, I tried earlier that day to join you in Amsterdam) and travelling by car would take too much time (it was quite late already). So I called Q Music again to say they could give the tickets away to the MFC'ers outside. I mentioned Melissa Holland's name because I didn't know her real name :teehee:.

Q Music told me all MFC'er could get in: I was so happy for you all! It's lovely to read all your reports now and can't wait to see your films. Hope to see you all in Amsterdam 13th of March!

Didn't know you won too!

Patricia4you couldn't go to the showcase because of the weather and asked me if I wanted to have her tickets (thanks again). She had two tickets and asked me to give the second ticket to Melissa Holland.

I was so happy, I grabbed my stuff and went to the train station. But my magical balloon plopped very soon... The NS trains didn't drive from my place (I could have known, I tried earlier that day to join you in Amsterdam) and travelling by car would take too much time (it was quite late already). So I called Q Music again to say they could give the tickets away to the MFC'ers outside. I mentioned Melissa Holland's name because I didn't know her real name :teehee:.

Q Music told me all MFC'er could get in: I was so happy for you all! It's lovely to read all your reports now and can't wait to see your films. Hope to see you all in Amsterdam 13th of March!

aww reading this brings tears to my eyes , i felt so extreemly sad that i couldn't go so when i thought you were able to go it made it all a bit better.

but knowing you went through the same thing as me just makes me sad. i'm so sorry it also happened to you

Patricia and Wicky, I feel really sorry for you. You will see him in March tho, won't you?

I love all the reports, it was such a crazy amazing emotional day. Winning the meet and greet made me feel like it was all a big joke, that it wasn't real. But today I am still so happy. Mika really took the time to talk to us all, it was amazing. I have pictures from the meet and greet (lots of you Ingie, because Mika was busy for a long time drawing on the banner and I thought, well, I am standing 5 cm away from him, I might take some picutures :bleh:). I also have some vids, I'll try to upload them asap. There is a nice vid of us dancing during the afterparty amongst them :biggrin2:.

I am so curious about the Qmusic pictures (made during the meet and greet), I hope they'll arrive soon!!

It was indeed lovely to meet all of you fellow MFC'ers, some of you I had met before, some of you were new to me, we made a great atmosphere together!

Patricia and Wicky, I feel really sorry for you. You will see him in March tho, won't you?

I love all the reports, it was such a crazy amazing emotional day. Winning the meet and greet made me feel like it was all a big joke, that it wasn't real. But today I am still so happy. Mika really took the time to talk to us all, it was amazing. I have pictures from the meet and greet (lots of you Ingie, because Mika was busy for a long time drawing on the banner and I thought, well, I am standing 5 cm away from him, I might take some picutures :bleh:). I also have some vids, I'll try to upload them asap. There is a nice vid of us dancing during the afterparty amongst them :biggrin2:.

I am so curious about the Qmusic pictures (made during the meet and greet), I hope they'll arrive soon!!

It was indeed lovely to meet all of you fellow MFC'ers, some of you I had met before, some of you were new to me, we made a great atmosphere together!

thanks yes we both will be there .

i'm glad you all had fun

thanks yes we both will be there .

i'm glad you all had fun

Good :thumb_yello:.

I am glad that you can be glad for us, I would have been devastated if this would have happened to me and I am sure it is still painful for you. But there will be other opportunities, March is very close already! :huglove:

This is all there is right now, 45 seconds of Happy Ending. My memory card was full so I had to remove some old footage before I could film any further :sneaky2:. Tip for nex time: not only to load the battery but to remove old footage as well!!!

Here are more vids from that evening.. It's from margot :D..

http://www.youtube.com/user/hebegekje

I'm SO happy got a tweet from Jimmy hahaha..

My tweet

@jimmyplaysbass I'm SO in love with this pic :Dhttp://www.twitpic.com/txw0d

Jimmy's tweet

jimmyplaysbass @Sylvanav you're easy to lift :)

He remembered me :D:D:D

Archived