DANI56

http://www.tourdates.co.uk/news/15912-everybody-hurts-at-brits

Everybody Hurts at BRITs

Simon Cowell's star-studded charity single 'Everybody Hurts' will be performed at the BRITs in London on February 16.

Simon Cowell's charity single will be performed at the BRITs.

The music mogul's all-star cover of REM's hit 'Everybody Hurts' - which is being released to raise funds for earthquake-stricken Haiti - will now take centre stage at the music awards 30th anniversary ceremony on February 16, after bosses reorganised the evening's line-up to clear a space for the song.

A source said: "A special production meeting was called to reconsider the running order to include the song. It's something that has never happened before. But the events in Haiti have made everybody sit up and take notice."

The news comes at the same time as Bon Jovi have confirmed they are adding their talents to the record.

The rock band - consisting of singer Jon Bon Jovi, guitarist Richie Sambora, drummer Tico Torres, bassist Hugh McDonald and keyboardist David Bryan - will join some of the world's biggest stars to appear on the single.

The female line-up of performers for the song includes Mariah Carey, Kylie Minogue, Leona Lewis, Cheryl Cole, Alexandra Burke, Susan Boyle and Miley Cyrus.

The girls are joined on the track by Robbie Williams, Take That, Rod Stewart, James Blunt, James Morrison, Joe McElderry, Mika, Michael Buble and boy bands Westlife and JLS.

The song will be the first time 'Bodies' hitmaker Robbie has featured on the same record as his old band Take That since he left the group in 1995.

At the moment, it is unclear whether the musicians will all be present to perform together at the BRITs, or if a video will be aired instead.

The artists have been recording their parts at different venues around the world and their musical contributions are all being edited into one track.

The single is due for release on February 8.

just found this on a german website as well and wanted to post it.

i'm really wondering more every day why mika put on a 2nd dublin gig (though the first one wasn't even sold out), instead of going to the brits. :blink:

but well, maybe he just prefers to be in company of his fans instead of a bunch of music industry people, he's said often enough that he doesn't like events like that (last about the royal variety performance). :fisch: so maybe he loves having an excuse. :naughty: anyway, i definitely love it that he'll be in dublin with us! :wub2:

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simon Cowell has confirmed that the charity single he organised in aid of Haiti will be released for download on February 7.

The song, a cover of REM's 'Everybody Hurts', will also be available on CD from February 8.

The proceeds from the single will be split between The Sun's Helping Haiti fund and the Disasters Emergency Committee.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a200012/release-date-for-haiti-single-confirmed.html

Simon Cowell has confirmed that the charity single he organised in aid of Haiti will be released for download on February 7.

The song, a cover of REM's 'Everybody Hurts', will also be available on CD from February 8.

The proceeds from the single will be split between The Sun's Helping Haiti fund and the Disasters Emergency Committee.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a200012/release-date-for-haiti-single-confirmed.html

Great!!:biggrin2:

Thanks for posting:thumb_yello:

And I guess they started off in the 80s too..

I can't believe that was almost a year and a half ago :shocked:

Yeah, when I was very young...:wub2:

I can remember the feeling I've got when I listened this song for the first time:biggrin2:

I just read that Quincy Jones is going to do a remake of "We Are the World""

http://schiffersfm.omroep.nl/page/artikel/343848

Nieuwe versie 'We Are The World'

Producer Quincy Jones is bezig om de legendarische song 'We Are The World' opnieuw op te nemen. De opbrengsten zijn bedoeld voor de slachtoffers van de aardbeving op Haiti. Jones wil niet zeggen wie er op de nieuwe versie meedoen, maar er zullen een aantal grote namen op te horen zijn die niet op het origineel meededen.

New version 'We Are The World'

Producer Quincy Jones is working to record the legendary song 'We Are The World' again. The profits are for the victims of the earthquake in Haiti. Jones doesn't want to say who will cooperate with the new version, but there will be huge names singing, who didn't work on the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzw6GiqZyD0

i don't like the song. :fisch: but the lyrics fit very well, and i'm looking forward to the new version, hope it sounds better than the original. :rolls_eyes:

I hate the song :aah:

They shoulda used Happy Ending or Any Other World :roftl:

Happy Ending would have been epic.

Can't wait for the release of this! Simon Cowell is such a BIG name in the music industry -- even in America -- so my fingers are crossed for success and exposure!

With MIKA participating, doesn't it seem like

things have come "full circle" with Simon?

(I would love to know what MIKA makes of it!)

I hate the song :aah:

They shoulda used Happy Ending or Any Other World :roftl:

Happy Ending would have been epic.

the song itself, yes, and of course i like it much better. but since i've read the lyrics of everybody hurts, i think they fit quite well to the haiti situation. happy ending is explicitly about love, this song isn't, so that fits better imo. :wink2:

the most fitting song by mika, lyric-wise, would've been any other world - but it could've been taken too ironic for the haiti situation when he sings "smile like you mean it" and "say goodbye to the world you thought you lived in". :fisch:

Definitely!

I think Simon kind of regrets sluffing Mika off before he got famous ... and he's trying to show him some more respect now. :fisch:

the song itself, yes, and of course i like it much better. but since i've read the lyrics of everybody hurts, i think they fit quite well to the haiti situation. happy ending is explicitly about love, this song isn't, so that fits better imo. :wink2:

the most fitting song by mika, lyric-wise, would've been any other world - but it could've been taken too ironic for the haiti situation when he sings "smile like you mean it" and "say goodbye to the world you thought you lived in". :fisch:

I thought that too! The best song to choose of his would be "Any other world"

I thought of that too, It's interesting. :naughty:

Hey can I ask a favor? I don't want to go through every page in this thread to find the link to a news page that would mention every artist and that signed up for this but I want to condense what's happening (And of course include Mika) to send to my teacher to add to our school news. I just hope he doesn't edit Mika out because he's unknown here.....

Archived