DANI56

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have only ever heard one Canadian in my life say "aboot". I so don't get it. :roftl:

Although some guy in California heard my cousin say she was spending her day "out and about" and he thought she said "out on a boat." Which is funny, 'cause the California accent is only subtly different from ours. :roftl:

I think next time I'm in London I'ma fake a British accent everytime I go into a Starbucks or something. See if anyone calls me on it. :naughty:

I'd teach you how to do a British accent but, even though I'm British, I apparently can't even do that right and end up speaking Australian. What a fail to the British public I am.

I have only ever heard one Canadian in my life say "aboot". I so don't get it. :roftl:

Although some guy in California heard my cousin say she was spending her day "out and about" and he thought she said "out on a boat." Which is funny, 'cause the California accent is only subtly different from ours. :roftl:

I think next time I'm in London I'ma fake a British accent everytime I go into a Starbucks or something. See if anyone calls me on it. :naughty:

I remember I talked to artsy on the phone and I was like "Oh my god, you have an american voice. :fangurl:" and she was like "YOU HAVE A CANADIAN VOICE!:wub2:" And it was great :roftl:

My friend is from london [ontario] and whenever she comes she talks in a british accent :lmfao:

We're trying to see if we actually say aboot like people say we do, which is actually, positively FALSE. :bleh:

I hate to say this - but I watched a documentary about Canadian fishermen - and they all said "aboot" instead of "about"

I hate to say this - but I watched a documentary about Canadian fishermen - and they all said "aboot" instead of "about"

THATS BECAUSE THEY ARE FROM NEWFOUNDLAND.

Like, not everyone in england has the same accent,

not everyone in the U.S has the same accent,

not everyone in Canada has the same accent, It's so stupid, why don't we count in on that, we're divided into maritimes, central and west coast, not to mention our northern provinces and territories. :blink:

How Simon Cowell's Haiti charity single was made

Page last updated at 7:39 GMT,

Wednesday, 27 January 2010

By Natalie Jamieson

Newsbeat entertainment reporter at Sarm Studios, London

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_10000000/newsid_10005200/10005222.stm

"... each act still only got a 45-minute time slot to nail their vocals. Mika overran his allotted time so James Morrison had to wait a while"

:naughty:

THATS BECAUSE THEY ARE FROM NEWFOUNDLAND.

Like, not everyone in england has the same accent,

not everyone in the U.S has the same accent,

not everyone in Canada has the same accent, It's so stupid, why don't we count in on that, we're divided into maritimes, central and west coast, not to mention our northern provinces and territories. :blink:

:shocked: OK - so it's a stereotype :naughty:

This has probably been posted already, but I don't feel like checking. :naughty:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_10000000/newsid_10005200/10005222.stm

They talk about Mika playing a New Orleans-like piano style on it and that there will be a video of them recording their bits. :wink2:

EDIT: I can see this was posted already :naughty:

I knew I wasn't hearing things!:naughty:

i like it that mika gets to play the piano part, but would've thought someone like gary barlow would do it - i love mika's piano playing, but well, gotta admit that gary is somewhat better at it. but maybe mika thought of that "new orleans style" piano part himself? that would be cool! :biggrin2:

can't wait to hear the single and see the video! :wub2: another thing i gotta buy when i get to the uk. :naughty:

I think it's brilliant that he gets to play the piano in the song. That's an honour. In fact, I consider that more of than honour than singing. I mean, aren't Take That in this song too? Gary Barlow plays piano, but Mika's playing it instead.

Good point:thumb_yello:

I think it's brilliant that he gets to play the piano in the song. That's an honour. In fact, I consider that more of than honour than singing. I mean, aren't Take That in this song too? Gary Barlow plays piano, but Mika's playing it instead.

Is he playing the piano the whole song? I mean: he only sings one part, which has been recorded already, did he record the piano part too already?

And will there be more instruments, or just a piano?

(I know: you probably don't have the answer but I ask just incase you do...)

Mika overran his allotted time so James Morrison had to wait a while

:naughty:

Each act came in one by one to stand at the single microphone in the voice booth in the middle of the relatively large studio, with that piano for Mika just off to one side.

:original:

How do you know? Did I miss a vid or pic of that?

Is he playing the piano the whole song? I mean: he only sings one part, which has been recorded already, did he record the piano part too already?

And will there be more instruments, or just a piano?

(I know: you probably don't have the answer but I ask just incase you do...)

I don't know, but seems silly to just play a few chordsw to a particular bit lol. Oh, and the post where I say "I consider that more of than honour than singing." was meant to say "more of an honour", not "than" :aah: I should concentrate more >_<

Archived