Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

It was all so much easier in the olden days when it was just a case of getting played on Radio 1 and being on Top Of The Pops on a Thursday night. :lmfao:

Take me back to the 80s :teehee:

Oh wouldn't that be nice??:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noo.... I wouldn't be in existence, Mika would either not exist yet or be very little, and we would have no internet to chat on. :naughty:

:naughty:

I know. But things were much simpler then. Your favourite artist had a record out, you heard it on the radio, you went to the record shop to buy a 7" vinyl copy of it, if you were lucky they were on Top Of The Pops or Whistle Test or The Tube, you bought Smash Hits or Melody Maker if there was an article/poster, and you were happy :wub2:.

None of this internet nonsense :mf_rosetinted: *goes to fetch pipe, slippers and crossword*

Yes I have to admit as much as I love all the internet access that what was going on in the 80s was better for pop music. I know there's some controversy with the Music Matters campaign because it's backed by record companies trying to hang onto their old music model which made them obscene amounts of money. But that doesn't change the fact that there is some validity in their message.

Question... I'm having a look on the UK iTunes (:teehee:) and I have to ask... Why is Blame It On The Girls listed as having explicit lyrics? :blink:

Aussie iTunes doesn't have it listed at all :sneaky2:

maybe because of the word "dead"? :aah:

LOL!!! :roftl:

:roftl::roftl:

That is really a stretch Caz.

:roftl::roftl:

It could be the "knees" line.

You guys might be laughing, but Mika tweeted ages ago that the record company tried to make him change the word, as the word "dead" wasn't "marketable" :aah:

Question... I'm having a look on the UK iTunes (:teehee:) and I have to ask... Why is Blame It On The Girls listed as having explicit lyrics? :blink:

I'm looking in the UK iTunes store, and I don't see that, Tegan -- I see

Kick-Ass has the EXPLICIT tag, but I don't see it on BIOTG :blink:

I guess it could be because of the word "hell"? I mean, if "ass" gets Kick-Ass

the Explicit tag... :dunno:

Seriously? :blink:

I'm looking in the UK iTunes store, and I don't see that, Tegan -- I see

Kick-Ass has the EXPLICIT tag, but I don't see it on BIOTG :blink:

I guess it could be because of the word "hell"? I mean, if "ass" gets Kick-Ass

the Explicit tag... :dunno:

I see it... I can check again it was def there before.. :blink:

I guess it doesn't really matter :dunno:

I've just noticed that the Kick-Ass vid can't be viewed anymore! that is rediculous! It's something to do with the content. That doesn't make sense because the movie has been released already, so there's nothing secret that they need to hide. The only person loosing out is Mika, who isn't getting his song played anymore on-line.

I'm no good at technical stuff, so I wouldn't be able to do it, but it occured to me that someone from MFC could (maybe) create a vid with pics of Mika, and the song Kick Ass (We Are Young) playing. Just to make certain that his song gets played at least, even if the official video has been removed.

It's just a thought.

I've just noticed that the Kick-Ass vid can't be viewed anymore! that is rediculous! It's something to do with the content. That doesn't make sense because the movie has been released already, so there's nothing secret that they need to hide. The only person loosing out is Mika, who isn't getting his song played anymore on-line.

I'm no good at technical stuff, so I wouldn't be able to do it, but it occured to me that someone from MFC could (maybe) create a vid with pics of Mika, and the song Kick Ass (We Are Young) playing. Just to make certain that his song gets played at least, even if the official video has been removed.

It's just a thought.

Wow. :blink: I'm very very glad I downloaded the HD/HQ vid on Mikasounds when I did!

Want me to upload it to youtube? I'd have to create a new account...

Wow. :blink: I'm very very glad I downloaded the HD/HQ vid on Mikasounds when I did!

Want me to upload it to youtube? I'd have to create a new account...

There are plenty of HQ versions still there (YTjust don't like Mika).:mf_rosetinted:

Christine explained it a few posts ago.

It's just a thought.

If you're looking at the Mikasounds Official account on youtube,

that was being discussed in this thread a few pages ago. We think

it has to do with Universal owning VEVO, and them wanting

everything to be on the MIKAVEVO channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MIKAVEVO#p/u

I've emailed Mika's team, and they replied that they're looking into it --

they agree that it's not right for Kick-Ass (and most of the other Mika videos

that were there) to have been taken down. :thumb_yello:

You guys might be laughing, but Mika tweeted ages ago that the record company tried to make him change the word, as the word "dead" wasn't "marketable" :aah:

That's true, I remember it too. I was in fact a bit worried that he would change that word into smt else. I thought he mentioned smt like that...not very sure about it tho. But luckily he didn't change it! A Mika should never make any concesions!(I hope that is English...:wink2:)

If you're looking at the Mikasounds Official account on youtube,

that was being discussed in this thread a few pages ago. We think

it has to do with Universal owning VEVO, and them wanting

everything to be on the MIKAVEVO channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MIKAVEVO#p/u

I've emailed Mika's team, and they replied that they're looking into it --

they agree that it's not right for Kick-Ass (and most of the other Mika videos

that were there) to have been taken down. :thumb_yello:

Thanks for explaining that, but I hope they sort it out. even if the vid is still available somewhere, it should deffinately still be available on Mikasounds own account, as should all his vids!

it was really great to hear it yesterday in basel at the end of the show....everyone of the band stay and all LP and BG too,they were a lot of fun,and in the crowd too ;)

Yeah that part was maaadness!! Twas great :D

Reckon he'll start SINGING Kick Ass at the end soon?

I hope so! He told someone - mellody? - that he's not sure, so that isn't an outright "not gonna happen."

I don't think he'd put it at the end though. Probably in the middle of the set before a proven crowd favourite so that he can win them back, so to speak, if it doesn't go over well. :thumb_yello:

I hope so! He told someone - mellody? - that he's not sure, so that isn't an outright "not gonna happen."

I don't think he'd put it at the end though. Probably in the middle of the set before a proven crowd favourite so that he can win them back, so to speak, if it doesn't go over well. :thumb_yello:

Perhaps he'll do it at the end of "normal time" and move WAG over to the encore :naughty: