REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Zenith, Munich Germany - MARCH 27, 2010

Fmbm

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joining the rest of you waiting for the reports... but I did want to say:

Anytime! I'm glad to write things down, and to have people that actually WANT me to ramble about a Mika gig :lmfao:

I know what you mean! And believe me, I was really happy to read about your

first Mika show! Thanks for writing about it. :flowers2: And your video is

so sweet! :wub2:

Joining the rest of you waiting for the reports... but I did want to say:

I know what you mean! And believe me, I was really happy to read about your

first Mika show! Thanks for writing about it. :flowers2: And your video is

so sweet! :wub2:

Haha thank you! And really, I'm happy to write about it :original:

Toy Boy was quite sweet. He started it too fast at first, tried again and did the same again :naughty: I found it really cute when he was holding the puppet like a baby :teehee: And him talking German was brilliant as well! With the puppet - "All he can do is like - *waves its arm* - Hallo, hallo!"

He's quite good at German, although some people did tell him several things. And I loved how he said "Everytime we tour this part of the world - and I'm not dumb enough to say Germany, for I know I am in Bavaria..." :roftl:

a short review in the online version of "abendzeitung": http://www.abendzeitung.de/kultur/blitzkritik/175606 ... no time to translate now, maybe someone does? it's generally positive, though i don't like everything they say. but i've definitely read worse reviews (hamburg... :fisch:).

Edited by mellody

a short review in the online version of "abendzeitung": http://www.abendzeitung.de/kultur/blitzkritik/175606 ... no time to translate now, maybe someone does? it's generally positive, though i don't like everything they say. but i've definitely read worse reviews (wiesbaden... :fisch:).

Ok ...

He just wants to play

In the well-filled Zenith, Mika shows right from the beginning why only he could do the title song for a comic film adaption

At school Kick-Ass is laughed at brutally for his colourful costumes and own opinions. But the curl head remains stubborn and successfully overtrimms plenty of villains. In the well-filled Zenith Mika makes clear from the beginning why only why he was in question for the title song of the eponymous comic book adaptation. His two-hour-Poppy Rocky Picture Show, somewhere between children's birthday and Circus Revue, is in its exuberance and artificialty reminiscent of a weird comic strip.

After a playful school prolog with a furiously distorted Chanson Intro, the 26-year-old "Hupfdohle" (female dancers in ballet are sometimes called this for some reason) quickly unrolls the disco carpet ("Big Girl"), and puts the mainly female fans with daring dance routines into an absolute screaming ecstasy. A candy-picture-video projection with astronauts, who just walk on apples from time to time illustrates congenially Mika's retro trip into the 70s Disco-era. Again and again the furious falsetto of the surprisingly well German-speaking professional entertainers is reminiscent of the Bee Gees.

with the help of Google translate again :pinkbow:

Here it is:

You'll see when it's uploaded :teehee:

Thanks so much for the vid.

That is priceless when some of the crowd start singing,

"We are not what you think we are

We are frozen

We are frozen."

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

Too funny!

so, will try a full report now, as for a change i'm at home atm. :bleh: and there's lots to write about!

part1: queuing/preparations

i heard yesterday that some german fans wanted to come really early, so i changed my plans from coming at noon to coming at 9-10 am. it didn't really work though, i was too tired and couldn't get out of bed. :blush-anim-cl: so i arrived at 11 am and got no.14 - which was perfect still, ended up in a good front row place almost in the center. :thumb_yello: the first ones have arrived before 8 am though, that's crazy! :aah: and around noon already the first non-(d)mfcers arrived - well that's the bad thing about saturday gigs. sigh.

anyway, the waiting time turned out to be very short in the end... i borrowed my mum's car so i could take chairs and other stuff with me, and got a parking place right next to the queue, so several ppl could leave their stuff in my car during the gig and it also was good to warm up for a few minutes if it got too cold... when the sun came out, it was quite warm (it also warmed up the car), but most of the time it was cloudy and a quite strong and cold wind.

i was busy organizing stuff, like doing the numbers (first awine (dmfc) did them, then graciosa, sasje and me shared the task for the rest of the day...), and giving people their coke bottles (thanx again to meggy for buying them for us!) and dmfc badges. went to get pizza, and not long after i returned, kanni & antoine arrived.

for those who don't know, antoine was the guy in berlin (acoustic tour) who wore the sophie blackall paper dress, of which a pic was in a magazine (observer?) and sophie posted it in her blog too. kanni is his girlfriend, who is making all those cool costumes. she had been planning and organizing for the last 6 months to turn the complete blackall project into costumes, it was already right after the acoustic tour when she first started looking for people on dmfc who wanted to take part in it - and they ended up doing it in munich, as that was where everyone would come to.

antoine was the paper dress girl again, kanni dressed as the big letter thingie, and graciosa was the jungle man. the 3 of them were the most obvious/outstanding costumes, that's why mika got them on stage for lollipop. rauschendes_bächlein was the tax baby, and there were 2 costumes for those worm-thingies (kanni called them worm-girls), of which one was worn by mikaschnegge, and the other one was for nessá, who unfortunately couldn't come because she became ill, so mariposa ended up wearing it.

btw, i dressed as the elephant, nothing extraordinary, as kanni didn't have time to make more costumes, but she said the elephant is still missing, so i made it myself... i just made a little mask from paper (like this: http://www.kindergarten-workshop.de/kreativ/karneval/maske_elefant.JPG) and wore grey clothes. :bleh:

the other thing we had planned for munich, as most dmfc members would be there, was to give mika the dmfc yearbook. just a small din a5 book with 60 pages, nothing compared to the mfc one, but we had given mika a yearbook already in 2007 (not 2008 as he wasn't in germany then :bleh:), so we wanted to continue that. i had organized the printing etc., and kanni had planned to make a cover for it, covering the book in blue velvety fabric, putting stars etc. on it, and making a popup picture inside the cover. she wanted to do that the day before the gig (because the book didn't arrive in time to give it to her in wiesbaden), but she didn't have time, so all that was prepared when they arrived in the queue was that antoine had drawn the pictures for the popup thingie. they had brought everything with them though, so while kanni was doing the costumes and make-up for graciosa and the others, rauschendes_bächlein, mariposa, antoine and me were busy finishing the yearbook. i covered it in the self-adhesive fabric, and glued on the stars+letters etc., mariposa protected it all from the strong wind and cut out most of the letters, and when we were finished, rauschendes_bächlein and antoine took care of the popup. here's what it looked like in the end:

yearbook-cover.jpg

yearbook-popup.jpg

recognize jimmy's new twitter avatar there? :biggrin2: btw, the letters on the cover look white in the pic, but they were golden.

well, and then we heard that doors would open already at 6:30, not 7 like at the other gigs! and they said they'd let the mfc (well, the numbered...) queue in 10 minutes earlier, so i was starting to panick as i needed the toilet and there was a huge queue there and i thought i only had 5 minutes left! already thought i'd have a quite uncomfortable gig, but obviously the support act roman fischer was rehearsing a bit longer than planned, so finally we got the info we'd be let in at 6:35, john came out to see if we were ok, some more people put stuff in my car, i quickly used the men's bathroom to avoid the queue :naughty:, and so everything was fine in the end. :biggrin2:

so yeah, the queuing time went by quite fast with all that stuff.

ah, btw, i forgot... when the first ones arrived in the morning, a security guy asked them whether they were from the fanclub, and directly told them that we'd get an extra door. :-) love it that it was already organized in the morning, so we knew right away where to go and where to send people. :thumb_yello:

part 2 will follow...

It was amazing! Because of the school I only could go to this gig :sneaky2: But it was so great! Mika was amazing and all the people were amazing! I met many German Fans which I only knew from the internet! :biggrin2: It was finished to fast! I wanted to hear 5 hours or a whole day :blush-anim-cl: Now I only can think about yesterday! I have to learn but it doesn't go! I always think: Mika, Mika, Mika... I want more! It was so cool that Mika let Kanni, Antoine and Graciosa at the stage! Loved it :wub2:

(Sorry for my bad english)

@mellody The pop up book looks gorgeous! :wub2:

yeah, they look pretty amazing. Antoine did them all. :thumb_yello:

I wish I was only half as artistic as him & kanni! I just couldn't stop gawp at kanni's costumes yesterday - they were just so lovely! :wub2:

Will write a proper report in the next few hours. So many thoughts to put together...

It was an absolutely amazing gig! The crowd was so energetic. Hadn't seen that at any other German Mika gig so far :wub2:

And this energy was obviously transmitted to Mika and his band.

It was so much fun to have the audience parted in two for "Blame it on the girls".

Edited by mariposa

It was so much fun to have the audience parted in two for "Blame it on the girls".

Do you mean parted like this???:mf_rosetinted:

Boys to da right!

MVI_102800023-border.jpg

Girls to da left!

MVI_102800030-border.jpg

Goooooood, now i can blame ya all properly...

MVI_102800043-border.jpg

Hey, you, why aren't ya joining others?

MVI_10250035-border.jpg

]Oh, you don't really know which side to take?

MVI_10250072-border.jpg

I don't blame you, neither do I!

MVI_10250128-border.jpg

okay, here's my report.

yesterday ,e and statue of liberty were on stage as big girls. everybody who did it, said it'd be so much fun. so we decided to try that too.

i arrived at the venue at 12.30 and got #28. started waiting in the cold wind, but luckily there was no rain. met mellody and statue of liberty amd many more from the dmfc again.

around 4.30 pm john came finally out and er applied to become big girls. AND we were taken! :biggrin2:

inside we saw the rehearsal of the band. statue and me had such a good party there. dunno what the band was thinking about us... :mf_rosetinted: shortly after that anna, mikas assistant, showed us how to do the death march. we tried it on stage as well, but without the skulls. then we got our skulls, tried them on amd started walking with them. suddenly someone of the other girls screamed cause mika was on the stairs above us. he made his way through our group, hardly said hi. he looked a bit grumpy or stressed. dunno exactly. maybe it's just the tension before a gig. :wink2:

after mika left us, we went to the dressing room to get our costumes. loved wearing the corset, it makes a slimmer figure. :teehee: we saw mika and the band having dinner. at this time mika looked much more relaxed than before. :wink2:

after everyone got dressed up we went downstairs to watch the show. it's been very hot in there, because we had to cover our costumes with our coats. statue and i were on the right in the crowd. we could see well, but it's very hard to get some good photos from that point. the crowd was really in to mika. :punk: i wasn't nervous the whole time, but while i was watching the show suddenly i became so nervous!!! :aah: and suddenly dr. john was on and we had to go backstage. way too fast!!

so we waited for cherise's drumming to start the walk. we couldn't see NOTHING, nobody was with us to give us a sign - so we totally f***ed that march up! :sneaky2: when i went off the stage i turned around and there was no one from the other girls to be seen!:boxed: but i think it's not too bad, cause we didn't do a rehearsal with the skulls on our heads. after that we saw mika from the right backstage area. and during WAG he took his shirt off *drool*

dancing to lollipop was sooooooooooooooo much fun. :kachinga: it was way too short! we even stayed on stage during kick @ss and i got to dance with imma.:wub2: i could have stayed longer!! luckily i wasn't hit by a baloon. that was my biggest fear! :teehee: shortly after i left the stage i saw mika standing there. he got something to drink. when he saw us, he clapped hands together and thanked us. (daily routine i think :blush-anim-cl:)

then the roadies started to clear everything up and we left to our dressing room again. i watched into the rooms and suddenly i discovered where mikas dressing room was. i wanted to tell that to statue (imagine me with a fangurlie face! :biggrin2:), who was right behind me (i thought). but when i turned around i saw MIKA!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, he must be thinking i'm soooooooo stupid! :aah: he just wanted to get by and went to the shower room. jasmin wanted to help us with undressing. but then someone of the girls asked if we can get a pic with mika in our costumes. so she asked him and suddenly he was in our dressing room!!! *faint* girls were screaming and offered their hands to get a shakehands.

we got a group pic all together. it looks really nice. (i will post pics when i'm back home by the end of next week.)

but at that point i'd rather wanted to get a pic with mika alone. so yesterday evening i was a lil bit disappointed. but now i'm okay with the pic i got. :wink2:

so all in all it was an extraordinary experience. :thumb_yello:

when mika came outside i got an autograph and thanked him for letting us joining him on stage. it's been so exhausting, i just don't know how he can do a complete tour! :blink: i'm just travelling to see him and i'm already totally done! :mf_rosetinted:

part 2: the gig

it was a WOW! from the first minute on! when the music of rain started, before mika got on stage, martin already jumped and motioned to the crowd to jump too, and mika started running around really soon too. here's my video of rain (without the intro part):

like i said, they all were on fire, mika, the band and the crowd. i think he changed around the setlist a bit again, did OMS after dr john, think it was sooner at other gigs? don't remember for sure, anyway it was the usual songs, in whatever order.

he did the biotg singing competition, which i think he hasn't done since dublin? anyway not at any of the gigs where i was... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB9K4yxABI0, talked some cute german before sitm (that's what kathy mentioned about being in bavaria, not germany ;-p ... anyway he said that munich is the gig they're always most looking forward to "in this part of the world" (meaning germany i guess...) :wub2:): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zev45kqDIdM, and did another funny sitm trumpet solo ("it's not rubbish!" :lmao:): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnOjHXNYn2Q.

for the dr john intro the coat fell next to his suitcase instead of into it, which made him giggle :roftl: (unfortunately missed that, only filmed dr john from when he starts singing...), touches you was hot but i couldn't film, had to dance... :naughty: he also did some nice hip moves during the SITM trumpet solo though. :das: and i think one during WAG... well, i'll just upload my videos (link to SITM trumpet solo see above, WAG will follow...), i'm sure the mikagasmics will find the parts i mean. :naughty:

the LT intro was a bit messy, some walked much faster than others... and i was distracted because right next to us they had to pull a girl out of the crowd who wasn't feeling well, guess due to the heat - that was ok in front row, but a few rows back i think it was quite hot. anyway, the security ppl took ages until they saw us waving to them to come... maybe they were too fascinated by mika. :naughty: i filmed the LT intro, because silke and statue_of_liberty and nezza (& maybe more MFCers?) were BGs/LGs, and i thought they'd like that on video.

the band introduction was nice... it almost seemed to me like he'd read the forum... (if you're here, hi mika! :bye::naughty:), as some ppl had mentioned in other german report threads that his "möchte" (would like to) sounds so funny+cute, like "moichte"... - and well, he first said "i'd like to introduce my band", and then the german would be "ich möchte meine band vorstellen" - and he was like "ich m...mm...mmm...mm...möchte", in a way that he was making a huge effort to get it right this time, and said it was the most difficult german part for him. he's so adorable! :wub2: mika, we love it that you have this cute & unique accent in your german, it would be boring if it sounded perfect! :fangurl: btw, in the newspaper article i posted above, they even said his german was really good - and i also think it has improved a lot since 2007, he changes words now instead of always saying the same memorized text, and he uses a rather everyday-sounding than schoolbook-sounding language (e.g. "ich versuch's" instead of "ich versuche es").

also i think he played the wrong piano keys once during the band intro part and that made him laugh. :-D unfortunately missed fiming the band introduction, hope someone else has it?

before WAG started, mika kneeled with his back to the crowd and unbuttoned his shirt... and when he got up, he pulled up his trousers - again me thinking that he might've read the forum, or at least seen the pix from berlin... :naughty: i really love it when he's shirtless, but yeah i guess i agree that i prefer if he pulls up his trousers. it was nice in berlin to see half of his bum, but i think that calvin klein underwear model shot wouldn't have looked as good if the trousers had been hanging down like that. ;-p

well, and like i already said, for lollipop he motioned kanni+antoine+graciosa to come up. got all of lollipop on video, a bit shaky though. for kick ass all the BGs+LGs and at first also the band stayed on stage and kept on partying, that was fab! i got a little bit of that on video too. jimmy wanted everyone to give him the big balloons, and he kicked them somewhere (i think someone on here said the photographers? i didn't even notice there were any at that point... *g*).

to be continued with the 3rd (and last) part.

Lovely all your reports :wub2:

Where is the one from the newly married man! to be :biggrin2:

Still celebrating, I'll bet!:wink2:

Mellody and Silke, loving your reports:thumb_yello:

part 3: aftershow

so, after the show some of us bought merchandise stuff, i bought a tbwktm poster, which i wanted signed, and then hang it on my wall next to the signed licm one. wanted to do that in munich, as transporting the poster in the train/plane/... would mean i'd ruin it, i know me, with all the luggage i always have, it'd get messed up! :aah:

then we went outside and it was FREEZING! it had been raining (luckily didn't during the day or while we were waiting for M, but only during the gig and after M had left... in that way, the weather was really nice to us!), and there was an icy wind, so after a while we were indeed frozen, like those girls in the video sang. :naughty: security set up "barriers" (just a striped plastic band) to both sides of the VIP entrance, so there was a path in between for ppl to walk through. problem was, it was too many people waiting for mika, there was no space left at that barrier, and of course us (d)mfcers didn't want to push through anywhere, and we wanted to stay together because of the costumes and the yearbook. so we just stood at the side and waited what would happen and how they would organize it. graciosa had told john already in wiesbaden about the costumes and whether maybe we could have a group pic with mika and our costumes. that didn't happen in the end, we didn't ask him as there were so many ppl and it was so cold, we didn't want to bother him for too long and we would've had to take off our jackets and all, it just would've been too complicated. we didn't even take a pic of us all together like we had planned, because it was just too cold and windy.

john came out to get leator+sasje backstage... from what leator had told me, the original plan had been that they'd get a champagne m+g, but in the end they told them that sasje would have to say yes first and then mika would come to congratulate them - which he did, and he signed their coke bottle with a nice message. :wub2: they came out again, we congratulated them as well, and then sasje turned on mika music on her phone (think it was WAG), and we all started singing and especially dancing, to warm us up. it really helped a bit. :biggrin2:

finally mika came out and went along the line, first on the left, then back on the right, and there they set up another "barrier" around the corner, where finally we found a place to stand! :-) i think john organized this (i think leator told him again inside about our plans...), otherwise mika probably just would've done those 2 lines, it was already a lot of ppl, and he went on quickly. i must admit i took a lot of his time, giving him the yearbook from all of us, and then asking for my personal autograph on the poster (he wrote my name with e again until i asked him to correct it, when will he ever learn?! :aah::lmao:). normally i just would've done one of those things, not both, but like i said, i had my reasons to get that autograph in munich...:blush-anim-cl:

he admired the popup and said he would read the yearbook in the hotel. and he told kanni & co. again how much he loved their costumes. :thumb_yello: then he went off in the van together with the band, that was new, normally they travel separately... anyway, looks like they had a look at the yearbook in the van, as jimmy got a pic of it for his twitter avatar. :biggrin2:

so, now i can't decide whether this gig was my fave of the tour so far or still dublin... in dublin i had this feeling that it was really "magical"... yesterday it was amazing, fantastic, brilliant, wonderful... but i didn't get this "magical" feeling. that might just be though because it was still all so new in dublin, and now i've already seen that show a zillion times. :teehee: anyway the shirtless WAG was definitely better than dublin! :naughty:

btw, leator also said that mika told him that amsterdam would be a completely different show - think someone else has mentioned that about milan already. i'm tempted to look for flights to portugal or spain now, to see that "new" show asap. :aah: i shouldn't!!

almost finished with uploading my vids, will collect them all in one post once they're all up. ;-)

Edited by mellody